3It was OK
14.3%
2Disliked it
4.8%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.2
21 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, it never a good idea to underestimate Naoki.

As strange as this epsiode got, it's nice to see someone like him get into action. Screw the Knights of Hanoi tbh. I don't like any of them and they really should give up on their agenda.
Nov 15, 2017 4:36 AM

Aug 2015
Bishie Playmaker....ughhhh
Cool to see Steelswarms. Maybe the Evilswarms of the first episode are still possible.
Now if only somebody would make Naoki a bit more enjoyable to look at
Nov 15, 2017 4:47 AM

Dec 2016
That was very funny seeing them both brick so badly like that, and also seeing them try and act cool throughout the duel even when things were bad for both of them.

That sparkling Playmaker scene was rather disturbing.

Well I guess a win is a win, Naoki should really try and read the cards 1st, it will definitely help him in duels.

Alright next time we got Playmaker VS Faust the final Hanoi commander from this operation, I saw a black looking data storm in the preview, could be a very interesting duel.
Nov 15, 2017 6:56 AM

Sep 2015
I never saw draw that bad in Yu Gi Oh anime ever LOL.

Brave Max x Playmaker oh no fujoshi fuel are strong in this one.
Into the Internet!
Nov 15, 2017 7:24 AM

Feb 2013
The funniest duel from this part.
Shima and that Hanoi knight were unlucky but also bad.
Nov 15, 2017 8:19 AM
Sep 2012
While I don't like other characters having to rescued by Yusaku, Shima is okay, he can be a damsel and be rescued.

Now than Knight he throw the duel, I guess that is the only way Shima would get a victory. Still Shima showed some coverage.

So next episode, we will end this little arc.
blfanNov 15, 2017 3:49 PM
Nov 15, 2017 8:29 AM
Jan 2016
I thought it was a pretty comedic episode but the knights are looking for Playmaker right? Why waste time on other duelists if you know what his avatar looks like or do they really think he would stay in Vrains if he knew they were looking for him? You think they would realize that
Nov 15, 2017 9:01 AM

May 2017
I'm really curious for Fausts Deck. I hope it is somehow related or inspired by Goethes Faust. Would be awesome
Nov 15, 2017 9:58 AM
Feb 2016
That snapshot of what I assume to be one of Faust's monsters in the preview reminds me of Kaito's Cipher monsters (the rainbow-coloring) and also Parasite Fusioner. Just saying.

Seeing Naoki and the Knight of Hanoi both completely brick their opening hands was pretty funny though.
Nov 15, 2017 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
This was too funny, but I can't stand Naoki's face ;;
Will he be the eternally goof character in vrains?
Nov 15, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2016
lol that disaster draw duel
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 16, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
That duel though. xD

Ai was funny with the flying duel disk stuff. xD
Nov 17, 2017 8:18 AM

May 2015
that double brick though. lol
Nov 18, 2017 10:21 AM
Apr 2014
That brick duel was one of the most hilarious duels in any Yugioh anime ever.
Here you have a realistic situation with 2 characters playing not consistent scrub decks bricking instead of opening with the luck hacking cards.
The Hanoi scrub playing an inherently a bad card like hand destruction where you go -1.
And then when he draws into the actual busted shit Soul charge, he calls it mediocre LMAO.
I legit expected him to summon the rumored lswarm link monster but he clearly never heard of an extra deck.
What a roller coaster, best episode of Vrains by far, made me like Shima.
Drake1000Nov 18, 2017 10:28 AM
Nov 19, 2017 7:35 AM

Nov 2009
Them both bricking at the start was hilarious, agree with above poster that this was one of the best episodes so far especially with so many having been quite dull imo.
Nov 22, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2011
That disasterous duel is probably one of my fav in there series now. I was cracking up at both of them trying to play it off like they were winning.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 6, 2017 6:35 PM
May 2017
Very funny duel, best episode in all yugioh Vrains XD
Dec 24, 2017 7:03 PM

Sep 2015
I like how he said Yusaku had a bad deck when Yusaku was using that phony deck as a disguise. Shima's deck is prob worse judging by what he drew.
Mar 18, 2018 4:20 AM
Sep 2015
I'm surprised at how much Shima had entertained me in this episode. I always think he is an interesting character (due to his nose) and he really is!
Mar 19, 2018 2:34 AM

May 2016
A Naoki episode!? Nope,Nope,Nope,Nope!
Jul 19, 2019 8:21 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BRICK CITY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Vrains is the first yugioh anime to actually show someone BRICKING XDDD Hilarious and what a funny ass duel. THANK YOU for showing some REAL LIFE YUGIOH
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 1, 2019 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
Baira. Genome.
Don't laugh harder than Ai.
Cyberse Wizard?
May the Cyberse be with you.
Nah. PM is Pocket Monsters.
Lonely Brave.
LMAO He bricked.
Oh snap! They bricked. lol
Missing its data?
Lonely Brave won.
Brave Max
Shima got kidnapped.
Faust wants to duel Playmaker.
Roboppy modified Yusaku's duel disk.
Into the VRAINS!

My goodness. It took me a whole week to watch this episode. Couldn't get the 5 minute mark. Kept coming back each day and just didn't have it in my to continue. I finally got through this episode and it was a struggle. Is it me or is it VRAINS? Or maybe because this episode focused on Shima? The world may never know.

iamYuyaSakaki said:
BRICK CITY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Vrains is the first yugioh anime to actually show someone BRICKING XDDD Hilarious and what a funny ass duel. THANK YOU for showing some REAL LIFE YUGIOH

I would apologize for replying to your nearly 2 month old post, but you need to be corrected.

The 1st brick in Yugioh was in episode 190 of Duel Monsters. Jonouchi bricked.

This 2nd one is severely embarrassing for you. In episode 22 of Arc-V (the previous series before VRAINS), Yuya Sakaki (You) bricked.

And you call yourself "iamYuyaSakaki". You hate to see it.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 2, 2019 8:43 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Rob said:
Baira. Genome.
Don't laugh harder than Ai.
Cyberse Wizard?
May the Cyberse be with you.
Nah. PM is Pocket Monsters.
Lonely Brave.
LMAO He bricked.
Oh snap! They bricked. lol
Missing its data?
Lonely Brave won.
Brave Max
Shima got kidnapped.
Faust wants to duel Playmaker.
Roboppy modified Yusaku's duel disk.
Into the VRAINS!

My goodness. It took me a whole week to watch this episode. Couldn't get the 5 minute mark. Kept coming back each day and just didn't have it in my to continue. I finally got through this episode and it was a struggle. Is it me or is it VRAINS? Or maybe because this episode focused on Shima? The world may never know.

iamYuyaSakaki said:

I would apologize for replying to your nearly 2 month old post, but you need to be corrected.

The 1st brick in Yugioh was in episode 190 of Duel Monsters. Jonouchi bricked.

This 2nd one is severely embarrassing for you. In episode 22 of Arc-V (the previous series before VRAINS), Yuya Sakaki (You) bricked.

And you call yourself "iamYuyaSakaki". You hate to see it.
You people use the term brick WAY TOO CASUALLY. I've seen it all the time online dueling. People don't have the perfect hand, then they claim to be bricking and still doing combos. BAD HAND =/= BRICKING. It can be confusing because in both cases, you might not be able to do anything, but there's a difference. In past cases you gave, they had a bad hand and you should call it that. I'll be glad to hand you an example. A starting hand of Super Polymerization, Doom King, Mezuki, Called by the grave, Rivalry of the warlords going first does not mean you bricked just because you did not open up with Zombie World or Uni Zombie. I still remember in this current duel, both players had 3 COPIES of the same card. NOW THAT IS BRICKING.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 2, 2019 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
@iamYuyaSakaki You just handed yourself another L.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 2, 2019 10:50 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Rob said:
@iamYuyaSakaki You just handed yourself another L.
you still don't get it do you? Just cause you don't have the right set of cards AT THE MOMENT doesn't mean you BRICKED, that's a BAD HAND. IN FACT THAT IS VERY COMMON and I find that nothing special. Take my example, you get a Uni Zombie to discard Doom King, instantly GOD TIER HAND, or you get Zombie World, INSTANT COMBO WITH SUPER POLYMERIZATION. If you give yourself a bunch of mismatch cards and draw a bunch that don't work, that's not bricking, but BAD DECK BUILDING with no synergy. The only time that you can call BRICKING is if you draw extra copies of the same card or you draw a "Garnet" Understand Rob?
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 8, 2022 8:42 AM
May 2021
"The only brave thing about you is that you are still wiling to dab in public." LMAO!
I love the dub

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 110 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 9, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 108 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 7, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 98 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

8 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 5, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 82 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2018

14 by zombiesaredead »»
Jun 2, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! VRAINS Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

20 by zombiesaredead »»
May 29, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.