3It was OK
23.5%
2Disliked it
5.9%
1Hated it
3.9%
Average 4.0
51 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2017 10:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Felt this episode was kinda slow paced but still fine. It explored social issues again and even includes family problems.

From all this, the episode felt pretty moody. There's a lot of focus on Mami again and her relationship with Honda. Kinda wish the show gave more screne time to the other cast but it does make sense considering Honda's family side.
Aug 31, 2017 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
Happy date, but her family is strict. Lawyer father and lawyer-to-be brother, huh. Class rep. girl decided to work hard to get her family approved of getting together.

KajiKaji's character and his girl,... and another girl? Who is she (probably from the same cooking club?)? It's nice to see him again after a long while.

Picking up a certain nut called "Ginnan" (? not really sure because I cannot find it through Google), while cleaning leaves w. cooking club.

SuzuKen's character's future getting attention, but father not there and just ordering mother around. It seems like he doesn't like to hear about his father.

Depressing talk. Danger to the pair?

Christmas and making up.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 31, 2017 12:03 PM

Apr 2010
Intense episode both Mihashi and Honda seems to have problems with their parents but Honda seems to be reacting it of on others or better said on Mihashi.
I guess they still have a lot to work out.

The scene where they where collecting the Ginko nuts was nice tho.
Aug 31, 2017 12:49 PM

Jun 2015
Mihashi and Honda had a nice date at a restaurant she likes, but she had to leave early. Her parents are quite strict and he doesn't like it when his mom just does whatever the stepdad says. They are having some problems with their parents. Because of that, their relationship is being affected by it.
Aug 31, 2017 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
Just as things were going great between Mihashi and Honda.

Honda snapped and took his frustration on Mihashi.

Aug 31, 2017 1:56 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fuck, this isn't what i wanted to see at all

Honda and Mami both have troubles of their own (their families basically, now we also know why Honda is always at his friends place) and they can't really deal with this and their relationship together.

Both miss each other and Honda was so frustrated with what's going on that he ended up being bitter towards Mami (getting mad over the parents cause it reminded him of his, she couldn't know that).
Aug 31, 2017 5:25 PM

Sep 2015
Cant really understand whats going on with his family
Aug 31, 2017 6:39 PM

Nov 2014
This anime has turned into the Honda and Mihashi show and I'm completely on board with that but I do get the impression that it wasn't set up to become like this. I can see why Honda is so frustrated, with his family situation and his relationship with Mihashi, from the start he's been the one putting in all the effort and he thought that would change once they were together.
Forum Signature
Aug 31, 2017 6:40 PM

Mar 2008
It is kind of funny that we're 8 episodes in and most of the focus has been on this one pair. They at least need to focus next week on them to work through this current drama. Not much time for Mashiki and Mikado to really get things moving on their end.
Hinata said:
Cant really understand whats going on with his family

That's the somewhat frustrating bit. We get there is a family issue on his side. But what exactly is driving the drama over there? The mother is working a lot, but that's not necessarily a crisis. There's no sign of the stepdad and talk about possible moving. So what is the stepdad working in another part of the country and had to move out there by himself? Again is that a big crisis though? It seems like any drama about moving was worked out and decided Honda and his mother could stay where they are for the time being.

I just don't get right now what has Honda so pissed at his stepfather. Even before this episode we could at least understand Mami's situation. Her family seemed pretty strict and she lives on a short leash. The extra information in this episode further elaborated on that, but it wasn't outright necessary to understand her situation. Honda on the other hand is in a situation I can't understand. He spends so little time at his own home which gives away that there is some kind of drama, but not what exactly is eating at him. We're lacking the clarity to understand what he is raging against.
Aug 31, 2017 7:54 PM
Jun 2017
I hope soon we can see more of Hondas familly issues, why he is always on his friend house and what's his problem with his stepdad. Man he fucked up, Misahi it's putting all the effort to be with him and he yelled her, he knew he fucked up, I don't know why he doesn't apollogized inmediatly
Aug 31, 2017 9:42 PM
Sep 2014
I find this so bad on so many levels. I'm not sure why I still watch.
Aug 31, 2017 9:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode lowkey broke my heart :(
Sep 1, 2017 3:21 AM

Nov 2011
Can Mashiki and Mishima get some development please? While I love Honda and Mihashi, my god they are are not the only important characters in this story.

Honda though you literally said the other day you'll wait for Mihashi...you fucked up bro.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 1, 2017 3:37 AM

May 2015
Sehu said:
I find this so bad on so many levels. I'm not sure why I still watch.

I can't understand it either. They showed a nice potential with childhood love and mermaid book but all they do so far is some secondary stuff with little to no meaning. So frustrating.
Sep 1, 2017 4:35 AM

Mar 2013
Slow paced but intense.
I don't get what's the issue with Honda's family tho.

It's really surprising the anime's mostly focused on one couple while we have other cast in anime OP. It'd been better if they done twp episodes per couple. We would've got fresh start every time and won't have to get so bored like we are now.
Sep 1, 2017 6:45 AM

May 2017
80% overall screen time for Honda and Mihashi by the end of the series Lol
Sep 1, 2017 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
Cmon i like this show don give us the "he needs to move out" cliche.
Sep 1, 2017 10:31 AM
Sep 2015
It's little trivial things that work so well like it's magic, like the nut collecting scene when they brush leave around the nut and brush the nut to collect, it's not matter to story at all, yet it is the strongest aspect of Konbini Kareshi.
Sep 1, 2017 1:31 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now thats a pretty elegant cafe that Towa took Mami to. Im surprised that he knew of such a place. Plus its also where Mami wanted to go as well too. Towa sure is perceptive though. So Mami's family imposes a curfew on her then i see. And its finally November already. Mami's family though sure is pretty strict though. So Mami's family is a very traditional family it seems. Other than school events Mami isn't allowed out with her friends it seems. But at least now both Towa and Mami have a understanding of what both are facing right now in their lives. Its nice that in the end Towa was so understanding of Mami though and let her do what she wants. Now thats its November the its nice to see a new change to the scenery. Its nice that despite not being able to help Mami directly with her struggles he can help with the class rep work. But it looks like Mami's pushing herself pretty hard to improve her grades though.

To think that they will get roped into collecting nuts and sweeping leaves by the cooking club though. The little teamwork with Miharu was pretty cute. Towa is pretty considerate towards Mami and her struggles though which is nice. Looks like both Mami and Towa have it tough with family related trouble. Towa doesn't seem to have like his stepdad that much it seems. Well its nice that Mami did end up reading the text that Towa sent its too bad that she wasn't able to when he needed her the most. Though the separation was agreed by both sides it looks like a rift is starting to form between Mami and Towa which is a shame. Its sad that Mami's need to improve her grades for her family is impacting on her happiness and her relationship with Towa. That ending though was really unexpected. I really hope that they don't end up breaking up but Mami and Towa really are in a tough spot now though. Though this episode was more slow paced than the usual ones it was fine as it allowed us to see the interactions between the characters better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2017 2:35 PM

Dec 2014
honda was bound to explode sooner than later...though I was not interested in this couple from the start
Sep 2, 2017 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
NO!
That was NOT okay!
Sep 2, 2017 12:12 PM
Mar 2016
Honda you are such an immature asshole.
Sep 3, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2008
Looks like thing are NOT going well for both Honda & Mihashi...hope they make-up and get back together.
4/5.

Sep 5, 2017 12:17 AM

Mar 2009
Dude was projecting hard at the end when he exploded on Mihashi. The stress at home and his distant relationship with Mihashi is getting to him. Poor dude. Hopefully, they'll work things out.
Sep 6, 2017 2:36 PM

May 2015
RIP, there goes the relationship.

Probably not.

Sep 9, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
Her family doesn't give her a break, poor girl...
Nov 21, 2017 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Felt this episode was kinda slow paced but still fine. It explored social issues again and even includes family problems.

From all this, the episode felt pretty moody. There's a lot of focus on Mami again and her relationship with Honda. Kinda wish the show gave more screne time to the other cast but it does make sense considering Honda's family side.
tsubasalover said:
Happy date, but her family is strict. Lawyer father and lawyer-to-be brother, huh. Class rep. girl decided to work hard to get her family approved of getting together.

KajiKaji's character and his girl,... and another girl? Who is she (probably from the same cooking club?)? It's nice to see him again after a long while.

Picking up a certain nut called "Ginnan" (? not really sure because I cannot find it through Google), while cleaning leaves w. cooking club.

SuzuKen's character's future getting attention, but father not there and just ordering mother around. It seems like he doesn't like to hear about his father.

Christmas and making up.
Leo_10 said:
Just as things were going great between Mihashi and Honda.

Honda snapped and took his frustration on Mihashi.
Smudy said:
Fuck, this isn't what i wanted to see at all

Honda and Mami both have troubles of their own (their families basically, now we also know why Honda is always at his friends place) and they can't really deal with this and their relationship together.

Both miss each other and Honda was so frustrated with what's going on that he ended up being bitter towards Mami (getting mad over the parents cause it reminded him of his, she couldn't know that).
Olvera_senpai said:
I hope soon we can see more of Hondas familly issues, why he is always on his friend house and what's his problem with his stepdad. Man he fucked up, Misahi it's putting all the effort to be with him and he yelled her, he knew he fucked up, I don't know why he doesn't apollogized inmediatly
SoraSenpai said:
Can Mashiki and Mishima get some development please? While I love Honda and Mihashi, my god they are are not the only important characters in this story.

Honda though you literally said the other day you'll wait for Mihashi...you fucked up bro.
Shingster said:
Now thats a pretty elegant cafe that Towa took Mami to. Im surprised that he knew of such a place. Plus its also where Mami wanted to go as well too. Towa sure is perceptive though. So Mami's family imposes a curfew on her then i see. And its finally November already. Mami's family though sure is pretty strict though. So Mami's family is a very traditional family it seems. Other than school events Mami isn't allowed out with her friends it seems. But at least now both Towa and Mami have a understanding of what both are facing right now in their lives. Its nice that in the end Towa was so understanding of Mami though and let her do what she wants. Now thats its November the its nice to see a new change to the scenery. Its nice that despite not being able to help Mami directly with her struggles he can help with the class rep work. But it looks like Mami's pushing herself pretty hard to improve her grades though.

To think that they will get roped into collecting nuts and sweeping leaves by the cooking club though. The little teamwork with Miharu was pretty cute. Towa is pretty considerate towards Mami and her struggles though which is nice. Looks like both Mami and Towa have it tough with family related trouble. Towa doesn't seem to have like his stepdad that much it seems. Well its nice that Mami did end up reading the text that Towa sent its too bad that she wasn't able to when he needed her the most. Though the separation was agreed by both sides it looks like a rift is starting to form between Mami and Towa which is a shame. Its sad that Mami's need to improve her grades for her family is impacting on her happiness and her relationship with Towa. That ending though was really unexpected. I really hope that they don't end up breaking up but Mami and Towa really are in a tough spot now though. Though this episode was more slow paced than the usual ones it was fine as it allowed us to see the interactions between the characters better.
Whoahoho said:
Honda you are such an immature asshole.

i am on Towa's (Honda's) side (hes words were true) Mami need to grow back bone & send her parents to hell & i don't mean it literally i mean she should say go to hell not all can be as smart as them one reason there is so much suicides in JAP is cause parents push their kids 2hard a lot of them are cause of that

maybe asking high grades from her is 2much, maybe she is slower learner but parents don't give a FUK become grate like them or die trying i despise that type of parents lucky i don't have that type of parents

she needs to stop living for her parents & start living for herself!!!!

he didn't FU UP what he said was true i hope hes words make her come to her senses soon or they are done for good

bittersweetlove said:
Her family doesn't give her a break, poor girl...

yes she has shitty family poor girl but she needs to grow some backbone soon or its the end of their relationship he has done all he could new its her turn
Sugram22Nov 21, 2017 5:54 AM
Feb 19, 2018 8:27 AM

Aug 2016
Honda really fucked up now..
Nanika ga Okashii
Aug 3, 2020 1:25 PM

Aug 2018
Silent_Four-Eyes said:
Honda really fucked up now..
Honda is a playboy, I hope Mami doesn't fall in his trap and ruin her future for a HS fling.
Oct 13, 2021 5:33 AM
May 2019
tsubasalover said:

Christmas and making up.

Ginko nuts from the Ginko tree
Mar 28, 2022 4:21 AM

Jul 2021
Fucking family problems are frustrating and man I genuinely feel bad for Honda

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2017

37 by -ODA- »»
Apr 23, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2017

35 by Fubinn »»
Apr 9, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

70 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 11, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2017

33 by Ricky16 »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Konbini Kareshi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2017

49 by dakota_draws85 »»
May 23, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.