3It was OK
30.2%
2Disliked it
3.8%
1Hated it
4.4%
Average 3.8
159 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2017 10:33 PM

Nov 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well they looked cute when they were young. There was still innocence.

We had Angelo acting like a mother here lol. I thought that I'd never see him in the episode but he appeared. The episode felt weird actually but the art seemed better here somehow.

Aug 8, 2017 12:36 AM

Apr 2015
Was expecting more but hey I guess it's a good thing not elaborating on ep 12's ending. I Liked the 2nd story of how the families met. The 1st was cute and the 3rd was...weird? Lol overall I realized that I've missed this
Aug 8, 2017 5:34 AM

Jul 2015
That was a pretty good episode, I liked the 2nd story in special.
Aug 8, 2017 10:33 AM
Jun 2016
Not sure if I'm disapointed or glad they didn't explain past the ending hehe.
Aug 8, 2017 7:00 PM

Apr 2015
Now if only MAL would approve the anime so I could add it to my list

Edit: It's approved my dudes
JwoyalAug 9, 2017 7:25 PM
Aug 10, 2017 4:05 AM

May 2010
Jwoyal said:

LOL I wonder what the hold up was, waiting for approval

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Aug 10, 2017 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
Jimmykudo3000 said:
Jwoyal said:

LOL I wonder what the hold up was, waiting for approval

Too much work for administrators. Thanks!
Aug 10, 2017 11:49 AM

Mar 2016
Not really sure what the value of these 3 little special are? They don't really elaborate on the ending or add anything much to the story or characters. It was fairly entertaining but just pointless as far as adding something to 91 Days
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Aug 10, 2017 10:09 PM

Nov 2011
It was nice to know much about the early time of the story!!
I like Nero when he was a young boy :)
And we could know more about Angelo's father :)

Love & Peace!
Aug 11, 2017 1:21 PM
Jul 2016
"We don't need someone with guts, we need someone cunning"
Yeah, clearly that worked out greatly for you, Testa
Aug 11, 2017 7:27 PM
Feb 2016
Lord_of_Anime said:
Not really sure what the value of these 3 little special are? They don't really elaborate on the ending or add anything much to the story or characters. It was fairly entertaining but just pointless as far as adding something to 91 Days

• As they showed all the children, it seems that Angelo is around the same age as Frate, making Frate around 19 when he died (since Nero was 21).
  • Since we know that Nero was 10 and his first job was at 14, Luce was 4 at the time of his death.
  • Vanno has had a crush on Fio since they were children.
  • Though their mother, Connie, was mentioned during day 7, it's shown that she was sickly and most likely died from illness.
  • In a way to deal with his grief, Vince neglected his children.
  • Vince resented Testa long before the murder, mainly on Testa's dislike of the Galassia family and his stubbornness.
  • Testa REALLY hated the Galassias.
  • Ganzo was originally a member of the Moreno family and he was in this family with Testa and, temporarily, Orco.
  • Vince always planned on joining the mafia and eventually becoming don of his own family.
  • We see that (though covered) the address of what would become the Vanetti mansion: 216 Michelle G--- Street, Chicago, IL. 60591.
  • Testa seems to have played a similar role to Barbero in his family, and was cautious of outsiders.
  • Vince came from Savoca in Sicily (This is where they went to Italy in the Godfather) and was already married before joining the mafia.
  • He approached the Galassias first.
    The "Raison d'etre" speech that Angelo gave Corteo after coming back to Lawless was taken from his father.
  • We see that Ganzo was pretty close to the Vanetti children and the he and Testa attended Connie's funereal.

That's hardly "nothing." It also really shows the reason that Vince felt he had to kill Testa, instead of it being ambiguous. It also adds a lot of depth to each character.
Aug 12, 2017 2:50 AM

Nov 2016
These 3 short stories were quite nice.

And well, Testa pretty much dug his own grave xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 12, 2017 3:21 AM
Jul 2016
Yeah, it also shows that Testa and Vincetti were close friends, which Day 11 just sort of expected us to accept it out of nowhere.
Aug 13, 2017 5:18 AM

Jan 2013
I should stop wishing that maybe specials can explain the plot... I still don't know what's with Angelo. 6/10 as the whole series.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Aug 14, 2017 4:59 PM

Dec 2015
That was pretty mehh, only the last part was kinda worth it.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 5, 2017 9:24 PM

Nov 2012
I liked how they left the ending to the anime alone. It didn't need to be elaborated on. Getting some background was nice, but it felt boring somehow.

Sep 6, 2017 4:26 AM

Jul 2016
Was okay. Added some depth to the story but really was a let down.
Sep 6, 2017 4:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Nothing too special nor bad, in short. Lol, the Op was as great as ever and the enhanced animation was good too. However, the 3 stories felt lacking.
6.8/10
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 8, 2017 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
Well, that background stuff was interesting, but I really wanted a proper conclusion after that cliffhanger of episode 12...

Aaaaah...seing Corteo and Angelo alive broke my heart...
Sep 9, 2017 2:13 AM

May 2013
I assumed this was gonna be an alternate ending for the anime.

But like... wtf was this? Nothing happened! I thought there was potential since they started off as young kiddos and I wanted to see what happened in the past or if this had some sort of story to it, but NOPE.

4/10. I'm sorry, but this sucked and was a waste of time.
Sep 9, 2017 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
Vincent Vanetti is a cunning man!
past events are quite nice to see.
That pineapple can reminds me of the last episode (12)
4/5.

Sep 19, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see some backstory for some of our main guys. And after so long, too!

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 19, 2017 3:32 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see some backstory for some of our main guys. And after so long, too!

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 23, 2017 5:17 AM

Jan 2011
Well that was rather pointless. I'm glad they didn't try to continue after the ending at least.
Sep 27, 2017 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
Was expecting to to continue after ep 12 cuz open ending like that are just shit

This is just basically telling us their young life, how vince and testa were close friends, how vanno had a crush on fio since childhood, how vince was setermined to be a don since the beginning, some bonding time between nero and angelo etc2

And holy shit all of that were already known by the viewers.
Shit this is useless
Sep 29, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2015
Can't believe that they kept this hidden from us all this while.
Oct 7, 2017 5:03 AM
Mar 2012
eggnog & pineapple
should've shown the circus, would've been of historical interest, otherwise it was ok.
Oct 30, 2017 1:28 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Okay so it seems like those who didn't like this episode didn't read MaiIsMe1's post about why this episode wasn't just "nothing". If you did read it and still thought this episode was pointless then...okay.

Tbh, I thought Nero and Angelo were together again...but when Corteo showed up a few scenes after, I was like, "damn!"

=( Angelo looks so much like his father.
Oct 31, 2017 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting to see how Testa Lagusa and Vincetto Vanetti met, fraught with tension just like how their own sons first encountered each other. Like father and like son.

The last part was amusing.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nov 12, 2017 11:06 AM

May 2012
Okay 13th episode, nothing too special though just like the main series...
Dec 28, 2017 2:39 AM

Dec 2012
"Long time ago: Lawless" In case you mistook it for Post Episode 12 time: Lawless.
Young Nero and co.
So Angelo's mom is really his mom.
Nero broke into the drawer. smh
Vincent and Ganzo meet.
Dat fold.
Dat mirror.
Dat pic.
Recently?
Nero.
Angelo.
LMAO at Nero spitting it out.

And that was the end. It was fine.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 21, 2018 4:38 PM

Dec 2009
... What a useless episode. All we see is the past of Nero, his sis, little brother and friend as kids stealing his dad's money to go to the circus instead of church along with the past of Vincent and how he got in with Gonzo and Testa and a random fuck Ocoro before he became a Don.

Nero and Angelo are fine together, living out safe like poor fucks. Making Nero eggnog when he's sick from overhearing him say it's good when he wanted one as a kid in his dream of the past.

What a waste of 20 minutes. I was hoping something better out of an epilogue. No wonder funimation didn't do this shit.

The only good thing is that we know Angelo is alive and that they're living together. Still an open ending in the end.
May 5, 2018 12:45 AM

Jul 2016
This special was presented as "Episode 13" so I was expecting a continuation of the events from ep. 12 but we had 3 different "flashback" stories instead... I'm a little dissapointed but well. I enjoyed the special overall.

The second story was my favorite. It was nice to see how Vincent and Testa met. Not to mention that seeing Orco with them was kinda unexpected for me... to be honest I'd have laughed if someone told me he would become a Don in the future.

Overall, as I said, I liked this special. Not what I expected but good nevertheless. And as @MaiIsMe1 had said, it wasn't pointless at all. It was nice to receive more information about the characters and their surroundings.

waalex11 said:
The only good thing is that we know Angelo is alive and that they're living together. Still an open ending in the end.

The last part happens after their encounter with the "mexican" hitman in ep. 4 if I'm correct and before they returned to Lawless in ep. 5.
It's titled as "Ep.13" but none of the stories happened after the events of ep. 12. Oh the irony~
May 6, 2018 9:42 PM

Dec 2009
SouthRzVa said:
This special was presented as "Episode 13" so I was expecting a continuation of the events from ep. 12 but we had 3 different "flashback" stories instead... I'm a little dissapointed but well. I enjoyed the special overall.

The second story was my favorite. It was nice to see how Vincent and Testa met. Not to mention that seeing Orco with them was kinda unexpected for me... to be honest I'd have laughed if someone told me he would become a Don in the future.

Overall, as I said, I liked this special. Not what I expected but good nevertheless. And as @MaiIsMe1 had said, it wasn't pointless at all. It was nice to receive more information about the characters and their surroundings.

waalex11 said:

The last part happens after their encounter with the "mexican" hitman in ep. 4 if I'm correct and before they returned to Lawless in ep. 5.
It's titled as "Ep.13" but none of the stories happened after the events of ep. 12. Oh the irony~
You sure? I doubt that. Sure the flashbacks no but pretty sure that's them present time...
May 6, 2018 10:14 PM

Jul 2016
waalex11 said:
SouthRzVa said:

You sure? I doubt that. Sure the flashbacks no but pretty sure that's them present time...

Well, it would be really unfitting in that way. Even Corteo and Barbero showed up so...
May 11, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2009
SouthRzVa said:
waalex11 said:

Well, it would be really unfitting in that way. Even Corteo and Barbero showed up so...
Yeah but that's flashbacks with present time mixed together isn't it?
I thought it was pretty straight forward to see what was present and what was past.
May 11, 2018 3:51 PM

Jul 2016
waalex11 said:
SouthRzVa said:

I thought it was pretty straight forward to see what was present and what was past.

Sorry, you won't convince me. It absolutely wouldn't fit with the way the series ended from my point of view.
Avilio and Nero living together after "that" open ending... yeah, I don't see it.
May 11, 2018 5:35 PM

Dec 2009
SouthRzVa said:
waalex11 said:

Sorry, you won't convince me. It absolutely wouldn't fit with the way the series ended from my point of view.
Avilio and Nero living together after "that" open ending... yeah, I don't see it.
I'll have to rewatch it maybe, haha.

At the very least the cliff hanger ending still showed footsteps as if saying he lived from that gunshot with no wounds since there wasn't any blood on the sand.
May 11, 2018 9:06 PM

Jul 2016
waalex11 said:
SouthRzVa said:

I'll have to rewatch it maybe, haha.

At the very least the cliff hanger ending still showed footsteps as if saying he lived from that gunshot with no wounds since there wasn't any blood on the sand.

Yes and it also shows how the footsteps abruptly disappear near the coast as if Avilio takes off like a bird or something lol. But I think that's the idea of an open ending... to keep the people talking.
May 14, 2018 6:32 PM

Feb 2015
Good special episode, it's entertaing what it is about, childhood, a beginning and a sickness.
That's another Vincent, it's cool how he got that confidence.
Jan 3, 2019 1:04 AM

Jun 2015
man i love the opening for this entire anime. feel like tk is barely recognized for his songs in the west, outside of unravel.
glad this episode wasn't a proper ending or sequel, it was okay to watch, but i wouldve been disappointed had it been the actual ending.
6/10
Jan 27, 2019 10:38 AM
Apr 2016
Damn some relevant backstories! That was enjoyable. Nero being sick part was great, haha Avilio loves sweet things, doesn't he? ha
Mar 15, 2019 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
The last part is def. not set after ep. 12. Avillio called Corteo and asked him how to make eggnog. That's why Corteo said "but don't buy the cheapest stuff". But Avillio did the exact opposite. :D And we see Corteo die in the main series.
Apr 19, 2019 7:21 AM

Aug 2013
When I saw Angelo appear I was shocked and I yelled like: WHAAATTT HE'S ALIVE!

But no. :'( This anime is sure a masterpiece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2019 6:11 PM

Oct 2015
It was good that the creators did a backstory on the main characters, but it should've been on the series. They shouldn't have titled it episode 13, since myself as a fan wanted to know the outcome of episode 12.

But I enjoyed the last one more, but still didn't get why Avilio didn't kill Nero in that state. So much for someone who went through a lot to avenge his family.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 16, 2019 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
This special ep. is a nice history lesson.

@lihle808

It's quite obvious. Nero shot Angelo and killed him. And Angelo's plan in the end was to make Nero suffer. Like he said, he wanted Nero to experience a fate worst than death.
MizuhoKamuiJun 16, 2019 8:05 AM
Jun 18, 2019 9:41 AM

Feb 2019
Why was this listed as a sequel. -__-

Only enjoyed this because of Angelo. Handsome
Crazy for Siyun Baek and Park Yunsu

Jan 23, 2020 4:49 AM

Dec 2018
Testa has somewhat a similar personality to Barbero.

I guess what Angelo had a mix of hatred and friendship on Nero, that's why he's trying to help Nero while annoying him. Which strengthen my belief that the true ending is the good ending.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 6, 2020 9:13 AM
May 2019
I was wondering how Testa and Vicent turned best friends.

It is sad to think that, if Vincent didn't kill Angelo's family, the kids would be friends.

Also, nice to see Testa was mafious too.
Jun 4, 2021 1:33 PM

Jan 2021
That was pretty good story ngl lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why put this as sequel??

Sebastian333 - Sep 26, 2019

0 by Sebastian333 »»
Sep 26, 2019 9:52 AM

» So, what will we see?

removed-user - Mar 19, 2017

17 by removed-user »»
Aug 12, 2017 8:52 AM

» Still Pending??????

RealPikaman1 - Aug 7, 2017

1 by JJSpitzi »»
Aug 8, 2017 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.