3It was OK
12.5%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
8 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2016 6:47 AM

Dec 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A romance between an aspiring artist(?) and his new found "love interest", they share their fantasies, accompanied by several songs. (I think)
I need to rewatch it with a better audio (all the dialogue lines in the beginning were hardly audible with maximal sound output), a translation would help too especially on the songs (who look like an important part of the narrative during the onirical sequences). Until then, no scoring.

If anyone has a better encoding than the old youtube video I saw, please contact me.

edit: of course, if someone who understand japanese well decides to put here the global meaning of their early discussion, it would be great.

edit @mutsuto Sorry, it wasn't. But apart from the discussion I mentionned in my post, the (very) few other phrases were all understandable without knowing japanese.
Rei_IIIJul 2, 2017 2:06 PM
Jul 2, 2017 1:54 PM

Jul 2016
Rei366 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A romance between an aspiring artist(?) and his new found "love interest", they share their fantasies, accompanied by several songs. (I think)
I need to rewatch it with a better audio (all the dialogue lines in the beginning were hardly audible with maximal sound output), a translation would help too especially on the songs (who look like an important part of the narrative during the onirical sequences). Until then, no scoring.

If anyone has a better encoding than this one, please contact me.

edit: of course, if someone who understand japanese well decides to put here the global meaning of their early discussion, it would be great.
Is this subbed?

ia can't check myself as your source is down.

edit: @Rei366 thank you for the quick update and response.

so it is like a little exposition at the start, then music videos for the remaining 50 minutes?

if that's the case I'd be interested in watching it, if i knew of a source.
mtsRheaJul 2, 2017 2:12 PM

Feb 3, 2019 11:05 AM

Nov 2014
For anyone who struggles with finding a link:
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5689961
But it's RAW

Feb 3, 2019 11:44 PM

Jul 2016
Rei366 said:
@mutsuto If you're still searching for it, read above.

Thank you. Does it have dialogue?

Feb 4, 2019 12:04 AM

Dec 2015
@mutsuto Yes, a few lines here & there, if I remember it well, Not a sufficient reason to skip it if you're interested, I think.
Feb 4, 2019 12:13 AM

Jul 2016
Rei366 said:
@mutsuto Yes, a few lines here & there, if I remember it well, Not a sufficient reason to skip it if you're interested, I think.

Thank you. I will watch it.

Feb 4, 2019 10:04 AM

Jul 2016
Odd little flick. I have no idea what happened in it.

Jun 4, 2019 8:35 PM

Sep 2017
This one seems to have better quality: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av1147831
No sub. But it's mostly a music video. Some basic Japanese would be enough to get you through the dialogue.
Apr 21, 2020 1:29 PM

Sep 2018
There is a rip by PPP-Raws that is better quality than either of these online video links being passed around. Not going to say where to find it, I'd rather not get banned and it's easy enough to find. Though all rips of this will have problems as the original laserdisc release is messed up according to a post by the original rippers that I've read.
KristiwazhereApr 21, 2020 1:35 PM
May 1, 2020 3:02 PM

Sep 2018
I just tried watching this, and I would say there is a fair more dialogue than people make out in this OVA. Maybe it's only in the first chunk of the anime, but it was enough that I felt that I was missing a fair bit of the story (and maybe an explanation as to why they can go in and out of fantasy realms).

Also, I will say that people that go around proclaiming things like this "don't need subs to enjoy it" should refrain from doing so or state that you yourself didn't need subs to enjoy it. When you do this you are effectively nullifying any sub group's interest in subbing it. I've seen this happen time and time again with video game fan translations, and I would assume it would be the same for anime subs as well. Translation groups just think "well, people don't need a translation to enjoy this, so why bother translating it" where in some cases some people might rather play it translated, and other cases it's just some one played ten minutes of the game, saw that the spoken dialogue was in english, and then went to every gaming forum they could think of to proclaim it didn't need to be translated. Then because of those people it never gets translated. Think a bit before making the proclamation that something doesn't need a sub/translation to be enjoyed. Thank you.
Jun 7, 2021 11:22 PM

Jun 2015

Tried convincing my friend to sub this, but he's not interested.
Jul 4, 2021 7:23 AM

Jul 2021
Watched it on YouTube.

Even though I didn't understand much of what had being spoken, I still think this is such a lovely OVA. I guess I just understand the vibe :p

It reminds me of Belladonna of Sadness, e.g. the music and watercolor style.

The story of how the fateful boy managed to revive the spring inside the girl in distress. I just can't help but love that kind of story.
Aug 19, 2021 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Kind of an odd one. The fantasy sequences looked pretty great and were pretty interesting. The music on the other hand wasn't so great, it's pretty bland imo and god is it hard to understand a single word of what they are singing due to the sound quality. I also didn't really get some parts of the story, like when Yuuko gets arrested but seemingly only for 3 months, and some other sequences like the sea one were pretty nebulous. I still enjoyed it overall though.

I was thinking of maybe subbing it but idk, since the lyrics of the songs are just so hard to grasp, maybe just the dialogues would do (?).
removed-userSep 19, 2021 3:06 PM
Sep 5, 2021 2:41 PM

Jul 2015
Deduleadaa said:
Kind of an odd one. The fantasy sequences looked pretty great and were pretty interesting. The music on the other wasn't so great, it's pretty bland imo and god is it hard to understand a single word of what they are singing due to the sound quality. I also didn't really get some part of the story, like when Yuuko gets arrested but seemingly only for 3 months, and some other sequences like the sea one were pretty nebulous. I still enjoyed it overall though.

I was thinking of maybe subbing it but idk, since the lyrics of the songs are just so hard to grasp, maybe just the dialogues would do (?).

Even if it's just the dialogues, I'd thank you with all my heart. I've been longing to watch this for years but it not being subbed discourages me...
Sep 19, 2021 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
SnowballP said:
Deduleadaa said:
Kind of an odd one. The fantasy sequences looked pretty great and were pretty interesting. The music on the other wasn't so great, it's pretty bland imo and god is it hard to understand a single word of what they are singing due to the sound quality. I also didn't really get some part of the story, like when Yuuko gets arrested but seemingly only for 3 months, and some other sequences like the sea one were pretty nebulous. I still enjoyed it overall though.

Even if it's just the dialogues, I'd thank you with all my heart. I've been longing to watch this for years but it not being subbed discourages me...

So I did sub just the dialogues of this. I'm not infallible so there might still be grammar mistakes or mistimed lines even though i did proof watch it, please just let me know if there are actually are ones but it should be fine. Here's the sub file and this is the release I used for it.
Sep 19, 2021 4:39 PM

Jul 2015
Deduleadaa said:

So I did sub just the dialogues of this. I'm not infallible so there might still be grammar mistakes or mistimed lines even though i did proof watch it, please just let me know if there are actually are ones but it should be fine. Here's the sub file and this is the release I used for it.

Thank you so much for the translation! It's very kind of you and a great help for many people in my situation. I'll find some time to watch it tomorrow and I'll note you the mistakes if there are any.

I really can't overstate my gratitude, I send you a virtual hug. By the way, great Mayuko profile picture, one of my fave anime characters too.
Sep 20, 2021 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
SnowballP said:

Thank you so much for the translation! It's very kind of you and a great help for many people in my situation. I'll find some time to watch it tomorrow and I'll note you the mistakes if there are any.

I really can't overstate my gratitude, I send you a virtual hug. .

You're welcome, but honestly it wasn't that much of a commitment, it's a pretty short anime and definitely not a dialogue-heavy one. It also was a good occasion to finally sub something, I wanted to try that for a relatively long time.

By the way, great Mayuko profile picture, one of my fave anime characters too

Oh, you're also one of the 70 cultured people that have faved her on this site lmao, nice.
Dec 24, 2021 1:17 PM
Nov 2020
Old Castle Fansubs just recently released its own version of this anime. I hope you guys will like it
https://oldcastle.moe/project/radio_city_fantasy/
Jan 7, 2022 3:24 PM
Apr 2016
interesting little ova. music was cool and the animation was fun
Jun 14, 2022 7:41 PM

Jul 2008
tysonfist764 said:
Old Castle Fansubs just recently released its own version of this anime. I hope you guys will like it
https://oldcastle.moe/project/radio_city_fantasy/
thank you so much. it had a good bit of talking, so I dont know what the people saying it didn't needed translating were on about LOL
May 2, 2023 12:23 PM

Feb 2012
A pretty nice film. The characters or the story weren't anything special, but I like the mid 80s aesthetic. Virgin VS who did the soundtrack also wrote a memorable ending theme for Urusei Yatsura (Cosmic Cycling, and this film also showed some cosmic cycling around 19:50 mark), another Kitty animation project. Apparently they were signed to Kitty Records and only released 3 albums, so maybe there were closely associated with the studio.

Some realistic parts looked a bit like what Kimagure Orange Road might have been had it focused more on romance (The art director here also worked on that show, as well as Touch). The best part here was the direction, very cinematic with all the camera angles, and the fantasy sequences were interesting. This wasn't a great success, but many of the staff worked on big projects in the 80s, so maybe that's why it's giving me a nice nostalgic vibe.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.