3It was OK
15.9%
2Disliked it
4.3%
1Hated it
2.9%
Average 4.1
69 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2016 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, all tied up this episode.

I felt action was kinda slow but whatever. Kinda found the sound effects funny when the giant cockroach broke free..
May 6, 2016 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
That Terraformars, Akari's ability, Michelle's revenge and anger, the fighting too it really reminds me of Hunter X Hunter where Kurapika captured Uvogin.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 6, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2013
Finally, strong bugs appear, even though they won't win the fight.
May 6, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
Alex's hope... he gambled it and Akari caught onto it. Can't wait for next ep!
May 6, 2016 2:31 PM

May 2013
Alex's sacrifice was not in vain. He got Akari's personal weapon to him. And wow they are already on a third ending song O_o Anyways it's good to see all the non-combatants being featured in this ending song. Their time to shine should be coming up in a few more episodes.
May 6, 2016 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
well i take back what i said last week , in the end Alex didn't die in vain , Fairly enjoyed that one , less action than the previous ones but still pretty good
May 6, 2016 4:38 PM

Apr 2014
Alex is a fucking badass to come up with that risky ass plan

Great episode, can't wait to see Hizamaru start slicing and dicing next week

May 6, 2016 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
Man ALEX WHY YOU HAVE TO DIEEEEE! But yes, Akira kick some ass with that Hizamaru!
May 6, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
Aye, that roach pulled an Indiana Jones on him there.
May 7, 2016 3:33 AM

Jun 2013
Alex did not die in vain i kinda had a feel to that and that ninja sword seem epic we'll see how it cuts next week
May 7, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2014
Meh, everything is meh, still no gore and more asspulls, nice....
May 7, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
The way that acid cockroach just straight up pulled a gun on him was savage.
Alex... what a guy. Looking forward to see Akari fight with his personal weapon.

May 7, 2016 12:35 PM
Mar 2016
Oh, Akari and Michelle having mosaic organs?????????Now things just got more complicated to even understand as to why them Division 4 want them.

Oh my is Akari psychic or something, how can he possibly knew that there is sword inside the missile?the
Btw awesome new ed song?
May 7, 2016 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
The Terraformars are strong, but the fight was not so intense. All the plan with the missile was unpredictable.
There is one thing that I liked during the fight, it's the cockroach with a gun, he was badass
May 7, 2016 3:54 PM

May 2013
Whoahoho said:
Oh, Akari and Michelle having mosaic organs?????????Now things just got more complicated to even understand as to why them Division 4 want them.

Oh my is Akari psychic or something, how can he possibly knew that there is sword inside the missile?the
Btw awesome new ed song?

Yes, Akari and Michelle were born with mosaic organs because they inherited it from their parents. Those born with mosaic organs have an almost 100% chance of success in the mosaic organ operation unlike those without who only have a 36% chance of success. Division 4 wants to research their bodies in order to be able to reach that 100% success rate and make an army of people with powers.

And the sword gives off a certain frequency that only a bagworm moth can hear, hence why Akari was able to sense it.
May 7, 2016 9:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I've always had a on and off interest with this series, but damn, that ending was so hype. Loved the bgm combined with Akari's hair in breeze and Alexander's back. I rewatched that scene because I liked it so much, starting from when the missile was launched. I honestly don't remember this part at all, but I had actually stopped reading after this fight. Well that means the next episode will feel new to me :) Looking forward to Akari using Hizamaru!
May 7, 2016 11:48 PM
Nov 2010
Wow. this episode was friggin intense. I totally forgot Toyosaki was in this! That part where the robed ant and the Akari stood off was awesome...was like watching Matrix before they did kung-fu that somehow switched to Gun-Fu. xD
May 8, 2016 1:58 PM
Apr 2014
ok the end was ridiculous. Gun-using terra formars aside for now. Why would you even think about placing a sword inside one of the rockets... That guy was almost dead already when he entered the Annex1. He definitely didn't have the time for that. On top of that he wouldn't even know if Akari would be able to catch it. And why would Akari even try to do that in the first place? So ridiculous. Even if there was a reasonable explanation like it was implied it'd still be fucking stupid because Akari was is no position to mind things happening outside of his combat zone. Even IF he noticed during combat why would he think it is a sword in there.

I actually enjoyed the past few episodes a little. The previous one was even really good. But this was right back to episode 1/2 niveau just with less forced comedy...

On a side-note: I really expected Akari to go into survival mode after he was shot. Kinda want to see it another time even though they most likely won't make it as good as the first season did. His rage transformations were really intense. I was disappointed he had a bullet proof vest or something beneath his clothes.
May 9, 2016 12:33 PM

Feb 2008
Heh, an anti-terraformar vibro-ninja-blade. Damn, could not have conjured up a better name for it myself... Akari using his threads as an improvised ballistic vest was pure gold, though.

The gun-wielding roach is now officially the best character as well.
May 9, 2016 1:10 PM

May 2013
Nanashi said:
ok the end was ridiculous. Gun-using terra formars aside for now. Why would you even think about placing a sword inside one of the rockets... That guy was almost dead already when he entered the Annex1. He definitely didn't have the time for that. On top of that he wouldn't even know if Akari would be able to catch it. And why would Akari even try to do that in the first place? So ridiculous. Even if there was a reasonable explanation like it was implied it'd still be fucking stupid because Akari was is no position to mind things happening outside of his combat zone. Even IF he noticed during combat why would he think it is a sword in there.

The terraformars have already been shown using guns since the Bugs 2 arc.
And everything regarding the missile and Akari's sword - Alexander had done all that the first time Russia was fighting China, not when he re-entered alone and half-dead. Also the sword was not inside the missile, just attached to it while the explosive warhead was replaced with a dud.

The sword is Akari's personal weapon (like Alexander's Kavkaz Kalinka and Adolf's little throwing knives) and emits a certain frequency that only bagworm moths can sense which is why he noticed it near him. And what stopped the bullets from penetrating was that he had his thread wrapped around his body before hand.

I mean all this can be considered an asspull but there is somewhat enough explanation given. Maybe the next episode will go over it a little better cuz I feel like the manga was able to explain it clearly.
May 9, 2016 3:07 PM

May 2012
Argyre said:
Heh, an anti-terraformar vibro-ninja-blade. Damn, could not have conjured up a better name for it myself

Hahahahaha that's a really over the top name XD
I despise woke people.
May 9, 2016 4:38 PM

Apr 2008
Muay Thai roach was bullcrap (XD), pulling a pistol out, but I'm glad to see that intensity again. The roaches would do anything, using human weapons against our crew. Like the bazooka nets and the missiles.

Alex, I swear, if that damn sword doesn't work...

May 9, 2016 9:29 PM

May 2015
i'm curious, why almost every main characters in action genre who voiced by hosoya is always using blade or sword or something similar?
May 10, 2016 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
I seriously lost it when that Terraformar went gangsta on Akari and started shooting him. That was so cheap and hilarious. haha I guess it's time to see what else they have in store. The pilot episode was just straight up bad, but this anime is picking up pace again and started to feel like season one. The animations and such still is not very good though.
May 10, 2016 10:29 PM
Oct 2013
is Hizamaru the same type of sword that the MC from bugs1 used?
May 11, 2016 5:22 PM
Jul 2011
Akari wearing literal plot armor to survive gun shots up close and while I'm glad Alex's plan had some merit in the end that plan and the way it all came together was so ridiculous it would make Light and Aizen blush. Even though not as intense S1 fights it's nice to see threats going back to the roaches again. Karate Roach pulling a gun out of no where was lol, it gets real on Mars.

And yet another new ED, are they just throwing EDs theme types at the wall and seeing which one stick? Geez, even worse than previous one...well maybe not that bad in some other series but feels really out of place here.
May 12, 2016 6:55 PM

Jun 2013
Purplish Terraformar with pulsating pecs.
臭い-
May 15, 2016 12:46 PM
Apr 2014
Xenovius said:

The terraformars have already been shown using guns since the Bugs 2 arc.
And everything regarding the missile and Akari's sword - Alexander had done all that the first time Russia was fighting China, not when he re-entered alone and half-dead. Also the sword was not inside the missile, just attached to it while the explosive warhead was replaced with a dud.

The sword is Akari's personal weapon (like Alexander's Kavkaz Kalinka and Adolf's little throwing knives) and emits a certain frequency that only bagworm moths can sense which is why he noticed it near him. And what stopped the bullets from penetrating was that he had his thread wrapped around his body before hand.

I mean all this can be considered an asspull but there is somewhat enough explanation given. Maybe the next episode will go over it a little better cuz I feel like the manga was able to explain it clearly.

yea the guns aren't all that unexpected. Even if there wasn't prove, as you mentioned, already. They could have simply "evolved" or trained or anything. And as I mentioned the thing with the vibration is fine if you need something to explain it but the whole situation is still pretty bad in its current state.

So. I'm pretty sure the manga covered it much better. That's usually the case. The manga covered the details much better in the first season, too. Or at least I've been told it did.

The thing is simply this was so obvious the creator liked the concept of it and didn't have a good way out or maybe even created this whole situation just to make Akari get his sword with his strings... It was just ridiculous even compared to the rest of whatt has happened since the beginning of the anime (S1 included)
May 24, 2016 7:50 AM

Nov 2015
Kinda slow paced, strong cockroaches now huh, things are getting interesting

Jun 9, 2016 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
That Hizamaru Katana ninja-vibe-blade retrieval was awesome!
I'm always impressed by the events that are happening they are always unpredictable!
5/5!

Jun 27, 2016 5:25 AM

Mar 2015
Alex's death was not in vain! And it's awesome how this show continues to surprise.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 4, 2016 6:22 AM

May 2012
Great development, up to the next episode.
Jul 10, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode in my opinion, music was good. Glad that Alexanders sacrifice wasn't for nothing.
Nov 11, 2016 5:04 AM

Jul 2013
To be honest I'm confused. All I know is that that sword is badass looking. Also when that roach suddenly pulled a gun out of nowhere I couldn't help but lol. Can't win in a fistfight? Bring our a fucking gun! hahaah
Dec 5, 2016 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
I see that Akari is not a fan of the whole "never bring a knife to a gunfight" phrase.
Dec 18, 2016 9:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hizamaru Katana!!!!! A new arm against cockroaches!!!

Nice episode, with intensity and a little dramatics!!!
Dec 30, 2016 3:00 AM

Dec 2012
*Akari braces himself for punch*

*Roach pulls out gun*

Roach: You thought this was a hand to hand fight? Nah, we in the hood. Thug life.

*shoots Akari*

Well, Akari has a badass name. Might as well use it.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 30, 12:55 PM

Dec 2022
Now we've got Glockroaches and all.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» What chapter?

Saku33 - Jun 20

0 by Saku33 »»
Jun 20, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

90 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.