3It was OK
8.2%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
1.8%
Average 4.4
110 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2015 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those cat ears...

I'm finding the buildup for the episode to be a bit odd though...
However, I think the Producer is a decent motivator. The song was okay though.
Oct 2, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2013
Somehow i knew they will finish Uzuki's drama with her solo song.

Nice episode, but because the show have so many characters feels a little odd try to pick everyone toughs in one episode alone.
Oct 2, 2015 9:53 AM
Aug 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Those cat ears...

"I crown thee, Dame of the Feline Order."

So many questions about the timing of the events (when did she prepare the song? How long was it between the meetup at the park and Uzuki's return, and then from that to the concert?) Questions which would most likely be left to our best guesses.

Ever since I heard S(mile)ING in Starlight Stage, it always sounded both like a happy and a sad song to me. As in the character is coming from a place of despair and colorlessness, and the resolve is to smile, dance and sing all her life without assurance of the future. I'm glad they used it here.

Also, the vibe that I got when others were supporting her was more like colleagues than friends, really. It felt like the original im@s ep 1, when the girls were talking to AkaP about their hopes and dreams. Not sure if the writers intentionally put a professional distance between the members, especially when crossing subgroups, but it was palpable. I mean they were friendly and all, but the distance was there. (Not necessarily a good or bad thing to me, mind you, but more of an interesting approach.)
Oct 2, 2015 10:16 AM

Aug 2013
me-me-me said:

So many questions about the timing of the events (when did she prepare the song? How long was it between the meetup at the park and Uzuki's return, and then from that to the concert?) Questions which would most likely be left to our best guesses.

Actually i don't know if that was the intention, but i feel like wasn't a composed song, by the lyrics was like her singing what she was feeling on that time, but ether way still a little strange in terms of pacing.
Oct 2, 2015 10:27 AM

Jul 2014
Good episode, full drama, tears, good one
Oct 2, 2015 10:28 AM

Jul 2014
Shimamu <3 !
Good episode ! 2 week for the end :'(
Oct 2, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2008
I can feel Shimamu singing is better here for some reason

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 2, 2015 11:33 AM

Jan 2011
dunno but the execution just awkward for me. and dat quality. kinda dissapointed with this episode.

Some Uzuki's singing shots are beautiful though. dat AI WO KOMETE ZUTTO UTAU YOOOO is so freakin' good.

And when Producer said that Uzuki's not alone and try to smile too. Damn. Its just the best scene for entire episode for me-- nope. The best scene so far.
furuuruOct 2, 2015 11:37 AM
Oct 2, 2015 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
That's cat ears looked good on Uzuki.

She did a good job on her solo performance.
Oct 2, 2015 11:43 AM
Mar 2014
Definitely the best episode of the two seasons; it tied the entire mess together smoothly, making the ride feel much more meaningful than in actuality.

Wonder how the final episode will turn out.
vegetablespiritOct 2, 2015 11:46 AM
Oct 2, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2011
She did it!!, She sung one of my favorite songs!!
S(mile)ing!!!
IheartCCOct 2, 2015 10:44 PM
Hate Keeps me warm
Oct 2, 2015 10:55 PM

Mar 2008
Way to go Uzuki!! Knew you could do it.

P.S. Rin a shit.
Oct 2, 2015 11:36 PM

Apr 2012
at the beginning of the episode,,
dem, this characters take so long rehabilitation, another 1 episode for her rehab,

but then comes the ending ..

wow .. just wow,,
to the extent that I wonder if this episode is deliberately made to be in accordance with her Image songs (S(mile)ING!)

IheartC2 said:
She did it!!, She sung one of my favorite songs!!
S(mile)ing!!!

IMO, i like the starlight vers better.
btw, what game is this?
a dlc for xbox/ps3 vers?

me-me-me said:

Also, the vibe that I got when others were supporting her was more like colleagues than friends, really. It felt like the original im@s ep 1, when the girls were talking to AkaP about their hopes and dreams. Not sure if the writers intentionally put a professional distance between the members, especially when crossing subgroups, but it was palpable. I mean they were friendly and all, but the distance was there. (Not necessarily a good or bad thing to me, mind you, but more of an interesting approach.)

i agree with you on this one..
it looks like the closeness between the members only visible in each of their subgroups

for comparison,
This is the expression of our friends from imas Cg when the watching and supporting their "desperate" friends

and this is from the original

sorry if it was a bad comparison. cant seem to find the right moment to compare..
kururugikaiOct 3, 2015 1:49 AM
Oct 2, 2015 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
what uzuki needed were confidence and courage, and she finally did it in front of the audience by playing solo in the show. she doesn't need rin, honda and new generation anymore.
Oct 3, 2015 12:53 AM
Sep 2014
Where the hell is her outfit though? Surely the staff brought it with them...
Oct 3, 2015 5:27 AM

Apr 2012
That was a good episode.

her solo performance was amazing too.

that smile is for Uzuki and Uzuki alone.

final episode is out on Occtober 16 according to this CM :

Oct 3, 2015 6:03 AM

Jun 2014
Well it only took encouragement and support from almost the entire cast but you got there eventually Uzuki -__-

The highlight for me this episode is realizing how Mio's turned out to be such a reliable leader. Props to this girl.
Then you have Rin showing her boorish side since she's nowhere near as good as Mio when it comes to expressing emotions. I like that kind of contrast.
Oct 3, 2015 7:18 AM

Jul 2014
Egao Des
Oct 3, 2015 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
This episode contains lots of feels. Thank god Uzuki comes back with her beautiful smile! Tears were shed. ;)
Also, Producer-san smiling! Well.. Literally. That scene reminds me of some anime I can't remember..

No episode next week? I raged when looking at the preview! >:(
Oct 3, 2015 10:38 AM

Jul 2010
It felt nice seeing Producer-san having issues with the order, which was common early on, making it even more fitting of Uzuki's new light.

Seeing everyone's support, her solo went well. They really have come a long way, for everyone that is.
Oct 3, 2015 12:53 PM

May 2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S(MILE)ING
Oct 3, 2015 3:17 PM

Nov 2011
it was clear that they would use S(MILE)ING, it fits the mood perfectly. ^ ^

only 1 episode left, i wonder which song they will use for the grand finale this season
or maybe they'll make a new one just for the final episode.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 3, 2015 3:41 PM

Aug 2008
From a story point-of-view:
Yay, Shimamu development! >.<

From a realistic point-of-view:
*Me in the audience*
What? I didn't pay to see an idol break down. I came to hear some music!
*Gets up, leaves the the auditorium, walks to the reception area*
Hey, can I have a refund? I didn't like this Live.

Meh.

Hehehe, I wonder if she would've gotten her act together faster if P-kun would've told her that he was under pressure to fire her because of her attitude. C'mon, if you're being like that, as a pro, you can't expect to get pampered, it's a business....
But of course, P-kun being the good chump he is, wouldn't have done it. Oh well.

EDIT: I think this show would be more enjoyable, from a story point of view, if P-kun got more of the limelight and the story got told more from his point of view.
GenixOct 3, 2015 3:45 PM
Oct 3, 2015 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
Genix said:
Hehehe, I wonder if she would've gotten her act together faster if P-kun would've told her that he was under pressure to fire her because of her attitude.

she would immediately quit right on the spot.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Oct 3, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2009
I cried a little. Great job, Uzuki!

Almost reminded me of the episode with Chihaya in the original Idolm@ster, when she belted out that song after all her troubles.
Oct 3, 2015 9:23 PM
Aug 2015
kururugikai said:
me-me-me said:

i agree with you on this one..
it looks like the closeness between the members only visible in each of their subgroups

for comparison,
This is the expression of our friends from imas Cg when the watching and supporting their "desperate" friends

sorry if it was a bad comparison. cant seem to find the right moment to compare..

Nah that's exactly my point. The whole-group dynamic is stronger in imas than in deremas.

Though to be fair to deremas, they say they've just been a project for 6 months. So they have more time to develop camaraderie.

(I could have SWORN that they said things to the effect that the amount of time from their conception to the ep13 ball was 6 months... and now they're retconning that to say that 6 months would be from the start to a month or so before the NGE Xmas concert? This is becoming more and more difficult to chart...

Does anyone know how the timelines go? I have direct mention of this 6-month thing from ep24, and the 1-month period from the first ball to the arrival of Mishiro-san. Not sure if I'll rewatch the series just to get the timestamps tho...)
Oct 3, 2015 9:38 PM
Aug 2015
Kyruga said:
me-me-me said:

Actually i don't know if that was the intention, but i feel like wasn't a composed song, by the lyrics was like her singing what she was feeling on that time, but ether way still a little strange in terms of pacing.

I'd have lots more questions if it were true that it was spontaneous. (How did they do the music accompaniment? Did they have a back-up strat song if she broke down? Etc)

Probably they concocted a segment for her the day she returned to 346 Pro, including the image song. She might have practiced it at first but half-heartedly, and then was about to lose it all on the day of (hence the teleprompter), but luckily, she pulled it off in the end. I'd surmise that she was really supposed to perform the song in her school uniform, and then change mid-set to perform the NGE song. (Which is why Rin and Mio weren't all like "Quick! Change to your costume!" Even TakeP wasn't all like "We have to get to the show quickly bec you need to change" and instead was like "Yeah no worries we have time to detour to your old place and have a long talk")

(Side note: When TakeP and Uzuki decided to take the detour I was like "OMG WHY ARE YOU MAKING A DETOUR DON'T YOU HAVE A STRICT SCHEDULE OR SOMETHING??" and I was expecting a plot point about almost having to do a backup performamce a la that Ryuugu Komachi concert. Turns out they were all chill and got all the time in the world.)

Also,

DreamingBeats said:
Genix said:
Hehehe, I wonder if she would've gotten her act together faster if P-kun would've told her that he was under pressure to fire her because of her attitude.

she would immediately quit right on the spot.

THIS. It would be SO Uzuki to be like "I'm causing difficulty to others. I better quit."

And,

Genix said:
From a realistic point-of-view:
*Me in the audience*
What? I didn't pay to see an idol break down. I came to hear some music!
*Gets up, leaves the the auditorium, walks to the reception area*
Hey, can I have a refund? I didn't like this Live.

Friend A: OMG did you see that Uzuki girl's image song performance? It was SOOOO cool and genuine!
Genix: What? Dang it!
Friend A: Too bad they didn't allow videotaping in the concert because, er, copyright and all that.

Or at least that's how I'd imagine the next sequence of events. Haha :P
me-me-meOct 3, 2015 9:47 PM
Oct 4, 2015 9:02 AM

Apr 2011
Uzuki looks cuter when she smiles.
I like the performance. She can do solo concerts if she wants to.

Welcome back, Uzuki.
MagitoOct 4, 2015 9:06 AM
Oct 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Jan 2010
I dislike group crying sessions. I dislike big climatic moments that still need to be explained. I dislike inconsistency in direction and purpose. With Cinderella Girls, at the very least, they managed to avoid the last point. However I may feel about the show as a whole, it has been consistent since the beginning of the second season. It feels like an all-girls school drama, without the school and actually involving male characters. Still, the show is trying extremely hard to squeeze as much sympathy points from the audience, which I don't appreciate. To offset this however, I'm glad we finally got the talk about why the main cast wanted to be part of the idol business, despite being painfully brief and cursory. By Uzuki's words, Cinderella Girls is still trying it's best, so at least that's admirable.
Oct 5, 2015 2:16 AM

Jul 2008
kururugikai said:

for comparison,

I agree with you, but I think that isn't the best screenshot to compare. If you look at the group after Uzuki finishes singing, they have much more supportive/emotional expressions.
Oct 5, 2015 6:39 AM

Apr 2012
GarLogan78 said:
I agree with you, but I think that isn't the best screenshot to compare. If you look at the group after Uzuki finishes singing, they have much more supportive/emotional expressions.

true,

but like i said, imo their expression is that of a friend or colleague who witnessed their colleague's performance has been successfull.

not the expression to express of how their friends, the beta genki girl who cant even smile anymore, finally be able to get her smile back.

the correct expression would be the one rin and mio had.

remember the expression of 765 girl when chihaya who lost her voice finally be able to sing again?
Oct 5, 2015 8:22 AM

Jul 2008
The episode felt a little flat to me, not sure is it just me alone. I think they probably put Uzuki's drama too far back and it may weaken the finale (I think the show may end of a medium note instead of a high).
Oct 5, 2015 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
Oct 6, 2015 8:25 AM

Jan 2011
me-me-me said:

I havent checked yet but someone said that all Cinderella Project gained their own solo song in-between cour 1 and 2. It's in the No Make.

(in case you dont know its each episode special audio drama that have scenes which is not included in anime).
Oct 7, 2015 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
furuuru said:
me-me-me said:

I havent checked yet but someone said that all Cinderella Project gained their own solo song in-between cour 1 and 2. It's in the No Make.

(in case you dont know its each episode special audio drama that have scenes which is not included in anime).

This is bad for us anime-only, we have a impression than the story have plot-holes like this one. Well, i can live with that thought U.u
Oct 8, 2015 9:00 AM
Aug 2015
furuuru said:
me-me-me said:

Oh I've been a fan of the No Make ever since Jovi Lim started translating them. Among the recent ones, I'm especially fond of the Asterisk / NatsuNana and the Mika-has-a-BF episodes.

I guess for the Uzuki one, you were referring to this:

http://cgtranslation.blogspot.com/2015/07/idol-mster-cinderella-girls-no-make-ep.html

(I would have been amused at Uzuki buying multiple copies of her own album had I not known that for some artists, friends and family are the only fans they have :( )

So she already had S(MILE)ING as a single before? That would make sense. I would still be interested if someone made a full timeline, though (from that fateful encounter by NGE during the last winter ball, all the way to the upcoming Cinderella ball).
Oct 9, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
Finale to air next week.
Oct 9, 2015 11:38 AM

Mar 2013
Kinda expect that. I kinda don't want this to end but next week is the finale. T_T
Oct 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
zetsubousei_hero said:
Kinda expect that. I kinda don't want this to end but next week is the finale. T_T

maybe they'll make a 3rd season? the cinderella girls cast is too big to only be limited by 2 seasons.

Oct 9, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2013
DreamingBeats said:
zetsubousei_hero said:

maybe they'll make a 3rd season? the cinderella girls cast is too big to only be limited by 2 seasons.

that and a movie would be great.
Oct 9, 2015 4:34 PM

Nov 2011
zetsubousei_hero said:
DreamingBeats said:

that and a movie would be great.

a movie is very likely me thinks. we already had a movie for 765pro, so it's only fair that we also have a movie for 346pro
the only question is when :p
hopefully the 3rd season, if we ever get one, will give more attention to Alice, Koume, Fumika and maybe introduce Natalia, Yukimi, Kyoko and Honoka ^^

Oct 9, 2015 7:49 PM

Apr 2015
When will the last episode be aired?
Oct 9, 2015 9:36 PM

Mar 2013
fruits_punch95 said:
When will the last episode be aired?

next week
Oct 9, 2015 11:28 PM

Jul 2009
Here's a preview.

On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Oct 12, 2015 7:23 PM

Aug 2014
Oh man, this episode really got me. I couldn't help being a sucker for the tearful New Gens moments, and I didn't even see S(mile)ING! coming at the end - I lost it when it started up. I'm so happy that this was how Uzuki got her spark back up; E.Director Mishiro not being able to handle it was a nice plus.

Another thing I really liked was Miho's wish, it was really nice. I wish she got a little more focus this season.
Oct 27, 2015 8:09 AM

Dec 2014
Mio: Good! We were waiting for you!

Me: iirc, you decided to pursue a solo career, w/o even telling anything about that to Uzuki
And Rin was with her new group too. Wow...

Uzuki's song is good. (Although i rolled my eyes when Rin and Mio cried after the song, maybe
i still don't like what they did.)

Now everything is ok now, i guess.
I wonder what will happen in the finale...
Nov 29, 2015 6:03 AM

Jan 2013
Dec 27, 2015 10:20 AM

Dec 2012
Shucks, now I know why I put this off. I really don't want it to end. This was a heartfelt episode and Uzuki really did shine during her solo. Her smile at the end was absolutely gorgeous. I watched the previous episode in September. I remember relating to Uzuki's worries and concerns at the time. Now that I look back, I think I've come a long ways along with her. It's incredible how that works, during that break between two episodes I was able to find a similar answer and now feel like my connection to Shimamu resonates even greater than before.
Jan 19, 2016 11:47 PM

May 2013
I'm scared to say, but I'm gonna have faith and try liking you, Mio. You keep impressing me with your maturity as of late.

Ah, so nice to see the other girls again. Their interactions and honest inputs on how they felt in the beginning were very healing, and I'm sure they helped Uzuki in healing, too.

Props to Producer for having to deal with Douchebag Director. Seriously. His heart-to-heart with Uzuki was beautiful.

OHHH THE WAY HOW UZUKI CALLED FOR RIN BROKE MY HOPELESSLY YURI-TAINTED HEART.

And it keeps getting better and better. I love you, Uzuki <3 I think Uzuki's strongest points are her honesty and simply her being herself. It's something unexplainable, like how her smile truly does shine the brightest. It might be hard to detect, but she really is a vital component to the Cinderella Girls.

Her solo song felt out of place with how things progressed (not the lyrics, but the tone), but I'm very happy and proud with her performance.

Wonder how the last episode will play out. I ain't gonna have my hopes up even though I was blessed with the many previous ones, because now all I can see is a cop-out with a disgustingly sweet and fake ending. I won't forget this, though.
Oct 2, 2016 9:55 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Producer should get love too. He could have told her the bad news about being fired but that would only complicate things more. Instead he extends his arm and gives Uzuki support and a smile.
I enjoyed the background music that played when Uzuki and the Rin/Mio hugged, quite a touching scene.
Her song was very enjoyable and great. That boss straight up couldn't believe Uzuki proved her wrong and she walks away because she knew Uzuki could shine.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

40 by Keruum »»
May 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

47 by HibiChika »»
Jan 9, 12:17 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

77 by HibiChika »»
Jan 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2015

88 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:13 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

56 by MadanielFL »»
May 4, 2023 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.