Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete' Announced

New
Oct 5, 9:07 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The Mahoako SM (Sugoku Moriagatta yo) Dai Kansha-sai event announced a second season for the Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete (Gushing over Magical Girls) television anime on Saturday.

The first season by animation studio Asahi Production aired in Winter 2024. Sentai Filmworks licensed and simulcast the anime on HIDIVE with subtitles and dub.

The anime adapts Akihiro Ononaka's comedy fantasy manga, which began on the Manga Life STORIA Dash website in March 2019. The manga also ran in Manga Life STORIA magazine before it suspended its publication in July that year. Takeshobo published the 11th volume on January 17.

J-Novel Club licensed the manga in English for digital release in March 2022. The ninth volume went on sale on January 24.

Synopsis
A team of three magical girls known as Tres Magia protects the town where Utena Hiiragi lives. Like many others, Utena loves these magical girls who valiantly fight in the name of justice. One day, a mysterious black mascot character appears before Utena and grants her the opportunity of a lifetime: a chance to transform into a magical girl.

However, the offer is not what it seems, as Utena has been recruited for an evil organization to fight the magical girls she has always admired. Utena is then forced to confront Tres Magia in battle; but instead of feeling remorse, she unexpectedly finds pleasure in inflicting pain on the magical girls. Completely giving in to her desires, Utena embraces her role as a villain, slowly transforming her adoration for magical girls into a new sadistic obsession. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Official site: https://mahoako-anime.com/
Official X: @mahoako_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotOct 5, 11:49 AM
Oct 5, 9:20 AM

Sep 2018
Nice to see another ecchi in an era where restrictions seem to be going up. Shows the industry has not been fully globalized yet. I am guessing thiswill be 12 episodes adapting around 24 ch so the anime is getting pretty close to the manga.
Oct 5, 9:26 AM

Jan 2009
it sold like 10k average bluray while the break-even profit for disc sales are only 3k average so yep its gonna have a sequel no doubt
Oct 5, 9:56 AM

May 2021
Peak lesbian fantasy is back! LET'S GO!!!!

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Oct 5, 9:56 AM

Apr 2012
Good news, which once again proves that people want 18+ ecchi without censorship and cheap animation. Well, that is, good classic ecchi. And not dubious censored series for an unclear audience. Also, unless I forgot about some titles, are this practically the only full-fledged yuri that has received a new season over the past couple of years?
Oct 5, 10:01 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

thank fuck the rumors were true....

rohan121 said:
Nice to see another ecchi in an era where restrictions seem to be going up

yea man.. mostly likely why Slave had such a shit adaptation when 10 years ago it would have been just fine :/
Oct 5, 10:10 AM

Jun 2024
I'm a sucker for ecchi anime!
Oct 5, 10:23 AM

May 2019
PEAK IS BACK ON THE MENU
UOH MAGICAL GIRLS EROTIC
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Oct 5, 10:24 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Anime is saved again
Oct 5, 11:05 AM

May 2012
Best news of the year !!
Oct 5, 11:21 AM

May 2020
Not very often we see series like this getting renewed. So actually a good news.
Oct 5, 11:55 AM

Dec 2010
So apparently it's gonna be Asahi Production again. Just what I feared. Very unfortunate they didn't aim higher this time around. I can only hope that there'll be less QUALITY moments.
Oct 5, 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
Obvious to anyone that was paying attention to it's manga and BDs/DVDs sales as it was airing.

I hope they increase its production values a bit after S1's success.
Oct 5, 1:08 PM

May 2018
Reply to RobertBobert
Good news, which once again proves that people want 18+ ecchi without censorship and cheap animation. Well, that is, good classic ecchi. And not dubious censored series for an unclear audience. Also, unless I forgot about some titles, are this practically the only full-fledged yuri that has received a new season over the past couple of years?
@RobertBobert umm, what are you talking about? The first season did have cheap animation. When it comes to censorship, the audio was censored outside of the BDs & the violence was toned down from the manga.
animegamer245Oct 5, 1:13 PM
Oct 5, 1:54 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to animegamer245
@RobertBobert umm, what are you talking about? The first season did have cheap animation. When it comes to censorship, the audio was censored outside of the BDs & the violence was toned down from the manga.
@animegamer245 You really want to say, that this show got a lot more hype than other ecchi adaptations these years just because of the yuri and meme plot?
Oct 5, 2:27 PM

May 2018
Reply to RobertBobert
@animegamer245 You really want to say, that this show got a lot more hype than other ecchi adaptations these years just because of the yuri and meme plot?
@RobertBobert not really sure what you are trying to imply, but that's part of it. Even before the show started airing, the animation was probably the most criticized aspect of it
Oct 5, 2:34 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to animegamer245
@RobertBobert not really sure what you are trying to imply, but that's part of it. Even before the show started airing, the animation was probably the most criticized aspect of it
@animegamer245 I just want to understand how you justify the success of the series if you think it was poorly produced and censored.
Oct 5, 3:35 PM

Aug 2021
Long live yuri ecchi anime.

Oct 5, 5:17 PM

Sep 2009
Damn, maybe I need to watch the first season now.

On the other hand, to bad Interspecies Reviewers never got a sequel.
Oct 5, 6:43 PM

Jan 2021
A series I like getting another season, that's nice, I hope that the same director will be working on it. The manga has been on a big hiatus, but they have enough chapters for another season just fine.
Oct 5, 7:00 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

thank fuck the rumors were true....

rohan121 said:
Nice to see another ecchi in an era where restrictions seem to be going up

yea man.. mostly likely why Slave had such a shit adaptation when 10 years ago it would have been just fine :/
EcchiGodMamster said:

@EcchiGodMamster Mato Seihei no Slave wasn't even a thing 10 years ago. Also, the series was made by a shit studio with a no-name director that had basically no experience with ecchi. And don't act like ecchi anime didn't look cheap or had some things censored in the past.

DarkDooM2 said:
So apparently it's gonna be Asahi Production again. Just what I feared. Very unfortunate they didn't aim higher this time around. I can only hope that there'll be less QUALITY moments.

A studio change would be terrible, more often than not it results into something worse, yes, Asahi is a pretty low quality studio but they were also the ones that had the balls to do it the way it resulted, they proved their love for the series already.
Oct 5, 7:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Ionliosite2
EcchiGodMamster said:

@EcchiGodMamster Mato Seihei no Slave wasn't even a thing 10 years ago. Also, the series was made by a shit studio with a no-name director that had basically no experience with ecchi. And don't act like ecchi anime didn't look cheap or had some things censored in the past.

DarkDooM2 said:

A studio change would be terrible, more often than not it results into something worse, yes, Asahi is a pretty low quality studio but they were also the ones that had the balls to do it the way it resulted, they proved their love for the series already.
Ionliosite2 said:

i didn't mean to imply that it existed 10 years ago, I'm saying it DEFINITELY would have a director that actually gave a shit about ecchi considering hwo many were being made back then and i wouldn't have worried about the studio considering how ecchi Sekirei was

ecchi absolutely gave far fewer fucks 10+ years ago whether or not they were toned down from their manga, which i know some were

Ionliosite2 said:

meanwhile Slave is actually moving to a studio known for ecchi and getting a director that has done some at least somewhat fanservicey shows
Oct 5, 8:21 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
Ionliosite2 said:

i didn't mean to imply that it existed 10 years ago, I'm saying it DEFINITELY would have a director that actually gave a shit about ecchi considering hwo many were being made back then and i wouldn't have worried about the studio considering how ecchi Sekirei was

ecchi absolutely gave far fewer fucks 10+ years ago whether or not they were toned down from their manga, which i know some were

Ionliosite2 said:

meanwhile Slave is actually moving to a studio known for ecchi and getting a director that has done some at least somewhat fanservicey shows
@EcchiGodMamster I don't even know why you think that Mato would have been better in the past, and you would probably still have to worry because Seven Arcs was and still is a mediocre studio (just look how some of the things in Nanoha S3 looks like), and you are talking as if there aren't ecchi that give no fucks in recent years that show more than ecchi that were animated 10+ years ago.

Yeah, Mato Seihei no Slave is moving to another studio, we don't know why but even guessing that it was because the previous season was made by a studio who definitely couldn't show love towards the source material, this doesn't apply to MahoAko at all and has no correlation because what says that other studios can't do ecchi? I'm annoyed at how many people talk about TNK and Passione as if they were the only studios allowed to do ecchi, and this comment wasn't even directed towards you.
Oct 5, 9:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Ionliosite2
@EcchiGodMamster I don't even know why you think that Mato would have been better in the past, and you would probably still have to worry because Seven Arcs was and still is a mediocre studio (just look how some of the things in Nanoha S3 looks like), and you are talking as if there aren't ecchi that give no fucks in recent years that show more than ecchi that were animated 10+ years ago.

Yeah, Mato Seihei no Slave is moving to another studio, we don't know why but even guessing that it was because the previous season was made by a studio who definitely couldn't show love towards the source material, this doesn't apply to MahoAko at all and has no correlation because what says that other studios can't do ecchi? I'm annoyed at how many people talk about TNK and Passione as if they were the only studios allowed to do ecchi, and this comment wasn't even directed towards you.
Ionliosite2 said:

i 1000% stand by my statement that it would have been done better in the past... i wouldnt even question it

never seen Nanoha, so i wouldn't know, but i care FAR LESS about how things looked in Slave than all the sexy scenes that were removed

are there ecchi nowadays that give no fucks? yes of course, but defintiely not nearly as many as there used to be

at least according to one source, when theres an entire studio change like that its because they know they fucked up or the author complained such as when DxD switched to Passoine, so i think its pretty safe to assume Slave is the same

at this point in time, TNK and Passione are for the most part the only 2 studios TRULY doing ecchi justice with this one being one of the outliers
EcchiGodMamsterOct 5, 10:20 PM
Oct 6, 12:21 AM

Aug 2016
This anime was wild, so happy it's getting a second season. I can't wait to watch this again!
Oct 6, 1:21 AM

Jan 2015
Reply to rohan121
Nice to see another ecchi in an era where restrictions seem to be going up. Shows the industry has not been fully globalized yet. I am guessing thiswill be 12 episodes adapting around 24 ch so the anime is getting pretty close to the manga.
@rohan121
I blame it on the americans. those guys ALWAYS gotta complain about something, trying to cancel anything that they don’t like and be loud about it
Oct 6, 1:54 AM
Jul 2023
Let's go!! In a world where ecchi anime rarely get a second season, can't wait
Oct 6, 3:01 AM

Dec 2010
Ionliosite2 said:

Considering the extraordinary success of the first season, mostly attributed to the no holds barred policy some of the key staff (especially some producer, but I forgot the name) introduced, I highly doubt a sequel, no matter at which studio, would've turned out censored. Of course, even better if you take said key staff along with you to another studio, it's not like most staff are chained to a specific studio after all.
Oct 6, 6:12 AM

Oct 2017
With how well it did no surprise at all.
Oct 7, 10:10 PM
Aug 2021
Best news of the year. really hope it remains with the same staff and studio that had the balls to adapt and enhance an ecchi to pseudohentai levels with even questionable characters and still make it a hit. XD

I really hope they adapt the "wish/motel" part to its full potential, no bars hold.

a great day for ecchi and for magical girls!
Oct 9, 9:04 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to EcchiGodMamster
Ionliosite2 said:

i 1000% stand by my statement that it would have been done better in the past... i wouldnt even question it

never seen Nanoha, so i wouldn't know, but i care FAR LESS about how things looked in Slave than all the sexy scenes that were removed

are there ecchi nowadays that give no fucks? yes of course, but defintiely not nearly as many as there used to be

at least according to one source, when theres an entire studio change like that its because they know they fucked up or the author complained such as when DxD switched to Passoine, so i think its pretty safe to assume Slave is the same

at this point in time, TNK and Passione are for the most part the only 2 studios TRULY doing ecchi justice with this one being one of the outliers
@EcchiGodMamster "TNK and Passione are the only 2 studios TRULY doing ecchi justice" hell no did you not see how dirty they did High School DxD lol
Oct 10, 11:39 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to MedK001
@EcchiGodMamster "TNK and Passione are the only 2 studios TRULY doing ecchi justice" hell no did you not see how dirty they did High School DxD lol
@MedK001

From what I read

The whole reason DxD switched was cause the author didn't like what TNK was doing to his work

The change in artstyle was to be more in line with the original artwork and the story stopped being anime original and more faithful

More topics from this board

» 'Akujiki Reijou to Kyouketsu Koushaku' TV Anime Adaptation Announced for Spring 2025

Vindstot - 1 hour ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
3 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Eris no Seihai' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 11 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Kirio Fanclub' Gets Anime, Live-Action Drama

DatRandomDude - Sep 15

5 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Blade & Bastard' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 10 hours ago

8 by thebrentinator24 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.