Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 10, 1:53 AM
Sep 2022
Reply to yro-san
@Mogami-kun In life, many things can be resolved just by talking. Making the first step is the most difficult part though, especially for introverted people (speaking from experience). Once that first step has been made, even core issues can be resolved pretty quickly, especially if they stem from a lack of communication.
Not to mention, while the weight of Nina's relationship with her parents has been mostly lifted, the core part of her troubles are still the bullying she suffered through, so saying that everything is solved is simply untrue.

The part where she says she wanted to end it all, though, I feel has not been resolved by the reconciliation with her parents, but by finally finding friends who care about her. To me, that healing is a process we have seen all throughout the show, so I can't agree in saying it was resolved quickly.

I get feeling more discussion might have been needed for complete closure, even if I don't agree, but saying that the whole process is a dud feels like an extremely strong statement and absolutely undeserved.
@yro-san It was resolved quickly, because the drama with his parents was not such and that's not what it seemed at first . There was simply a lack of communication, which was very difficult for Nina due to her personality. It's not the type of anime where we have a Protagonist with a trash family. Another thing is the bullying suffered at school and this (looking at the last chapters) If in the end all the harassment is resolved easily even as to evangelize the stalker,Without a deep clarification of what happened in that case it would be a disaster, and I say this because I have already seen it in many animes and because in this chapter we discover That the harasser accepted the facts. It all depends on how they deal with a topic as sensitive as harassment. , this will be a good anime or an anime to forget. Greetings
HormigoJun 10, 2:17 AM
Jun 10, 9:46 AM
Feb 2022
Reconciliation with one's parents is such a tear-jerker for me. I actually held back my tears this time because I was watching with my siblings but man , the "Thank you for being alive. And I love you too, Nina." from the sister and the hug moment were so emotional moments. My siblings gave in tho, they teared up which is unsurprising. This series just keeps getting better and better. Hopefully they can land the ending, I'm fine with a decent one, just dont mess it up pls Toei.
Jun 10, 10:01 AM

May 2015
Reply to OG_Otaku
Iyashikei anime of the season.
@OG_Otaku I don't get that remark. Do you use iyashikei in an ironic way, because I wouldn't call the experience these girls are going through or the tone of the anime iyashikei-like.
IshitatesoJun 10, 10:28 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 13, 12:10 AM
Jan 2021
ABSOLUTE CINEMA.
Jun 15, 9:25 PM
Feb 2021
Her dad finally stepped up a bit. I'd say it was too little too late tho, if Nina didn't have Momoka's song to keep her company, who knows what she'd done. Momoka hit the nail, methinks, that Nina was really hurt by her dad not siding with her. I'm just glad that they're taking steps to reconcile, loving each ofher in their awkward way. AGH I'm still angry at her dad for Nina's sake 😔 but she loves him.

"Thank you for being alive." 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 I can't, bawling on the floor rn
Jun 17, 9:59 PM
May 2020
cried very much --
Jun 18, 5:55 AM

Feb 2019
That was amazing. Very emotional. When I picked this up, I wasn't expecting this kind of tug-at-your-heartstrings content.

I really hope they make a S2.
Jun 19, 7:49 AM

Aug 2016
I can't believe how good this show is...
Jun 20, 5:04 AM

Jun 2020
Gosh I'm bawling my eyes out. This is truly the Girls Band Cry.
Jun 25, 6:00 AM

Jul 2017
Just when the girls didn't think they'll get any popular, a talent scout comes after them: Golden Archer's Miura Shiomi.

Subaru personally knowing Miura's talent agency, which they soon learnt that she doesn't like the new Diamond Dust and instead sticks with Momoka's music, she gives it a try, wanting to harness her music further. But Nina having her mother finding her at the place where the girls work, and also her dad waiting for her at their doorstep, it certainly is a surprise for siad girl which her vibes with her family didn't pan out ever since she became a runaway. In a similar manner, Rupa encouraging her to go seek her parents in Kumamoto, even Momoka chides on her not wanting to face her family.

For the first time in a long while, Nina faces her family with all tensions on the line and not being able to be the conflict-avoidant person that she really is. Even more, her father dragging her to school to clear up her bullying incident from prior, as the girls all worry about her at the same time, it looks as if that Nina had just all but given up fighting against tradition for her utmost freedom. Her mother comforting and consoling her that she still is loved by her family regardless of what she does, that's what family love is. And the strictest in the family, her father may be an educator, but he's also an avid supporter of her band's songs listening from time to time.

A double pinky promise instead of the badass middle fingers, Nina is ready to make her dreams come true with the band, completing the lyrics for the song.

Nina finally got the closure she needs, and it's a much-needed great one.
Jun 25, 7:14 AM
Oct 2022
Yeah, no. The whole family situation was brought up in a flash, then resolved in a flash. I don't like it at all. We can "awkward parents" it all away until the cows go home, but the real "resolution" was just the sister telling Nina that her parents did stuff. "That train ticket? Yeah, she just got your friends to lie to you so you'd come. Your dad? I know he's spent every moment you've spoken to him being rude, standoffish, and overbearing, but he started drinking. And he asked for advice. Of course, you didn't see any of this, and neither did the audience, but they toootally love you."

They exposited the problem away.
Jul 3, 3:45 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice Nina development with her coming back to her family and eventually seeing that they care about her and all, it was heartwarming
Jul 3, 7:30 AM

Oct 2017
Family will be family no matter what. Rupa's sure popular with the girls.
Jul 11, 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
OK I just need the canon reason for why everyone wants to take pictures with Rupa

Another Nina ep?
Just give me that damn Rupa developement already! She cant be the only one who gets none!

This shows well how beeing in a bad mental state twists your reception and hurts people around you. Once she was really down it was probably too late for her family to support her, because she would hear none of it. Good thing they got it sorted out now.

This was almost too easy tbh. The school giving in now was really convenient, the way they were before they would have doubled down and blamed Nina, using her rebellious phase in tokyo as prove.

PS: I have to say anime really makes bullying seem like a war crime, I guess I just got lucky in my schools but the stuff people do on TV ks plain assault sometimes and not "bullying" as far as Im concerned
Comander-07Jul 11, 11:59 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 15, 2:39 PM
Aug 2019
At this point it is getting better
Jul 20, 6:48 PM

Aug 2019
damn this episode was peak, that convo between Nina and her sister talking about the family hit hard especially when Nina was talking about how she felt about her life after the bullying; it was very nice seeing the parents reconcile with Nina
Jul 22, 6:07 PM
Mar 2019
Go Home!! sort yourself out.
Jul 28, 3:11 AM

Jan 2018
That fckin curry is spicy out of nowhere man... I felt like I needed to hear that
Jul 28, 7:21 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This one was really nice, it got dark during a few parts with Nina’s past coming back to haunt her and things not going so well with her parents, but in the end it all worked out, Nina’s parents aren’t as bad as they once seemed, they just want her to be happy, I like that Nina’s dad even gave that Diamond Dust song a try, not sure if he truly liked it or not but Nina just hearing that he liked it must’ve been nice, me and my own parents’ music taste often align but sometimes it doesn’t lol, couldn’t get them to like The Tubes like I do.

But now that Nina’s situation with her parents is solved, one of her original reasons for going to Tokyo in the first place, she can now move on with her friends/bandmates, it was cute how Momoka was planning to go get Nina if she didn’t come back lol. And lastly, we got another Rupa scene of girls surrounding her, but I’m kinda surprised there aren’t any dudes among them, I’m certainly all over her lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.