Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2023 11:57 AM

Nov 2018
tgTJUUBEBS8
Amazing quality for a short. Some of the best animation this franchise has produced.
LeknaatJul 25, 2023 8:22 AM
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jul 24, 2023 1:54 PM

Sep 2018
Looked very nice, and was pretty cool seeing some of the newer Pokemon in animated form, for the first time. Cheering for Freezai btw ;)
Jul 24, 2023 5:00 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Some scenes undoubtedly look great, but the varying brightness is very distracting to me, and I don't think all of the transitions blend that well (some are very good though). Still pretty impressive for a one-minute promotional video.
Jul 25, 2023 3:32 AM

Nov 2018
Kwanthemaster said:
Some scenes undoubtedly look great, but the varying brightness is very distracting to me, and I don't think all of the transitions blend that well (some are very good though). Still pretty impressive for a one-minute promotional video.

Do you mean how like some sakuga scenes are purposely dimmed until they’re changed in the BD/DVD?
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jul 25, 2023 8:17 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
_cjessop19_ said:
Kwanthemaster said:

Do you mean how like some sakuga scenes are purposely dimmed until they’re changed in the BD/DVD?
Ah, that's what they do? Good to know, though for a promotional video, I don't really get it (I don't think there will be any touchups later, and I don't recall noticing this for any of their other commercials). If this consistency meant sacrificing a bit of the animation in these scenes to meet the budget/deadline, I would honestly have preferred that.
Aug 1, 2023 12:21 PM

Jan 2018
Kwanthemaster said:
_cjessop19_ said:

Ah, that's what they do? Good to know, though for a promotional video, I don't really get it (I don't think there will be any touchups later, and I don't recall noticing this for any of their other commercials). If this consistency meant sacrificing a bit of the animation in these scenes to meet the budget/deadline, I would honestly have preferred that.
Alot of animation studios do this on purpose because japan passed regulation that basically is aimed at preventing people from having epileptic seizures while watching TV. Thats why random action scenes will be purposefully dimmed. Im not sure this applies to home media releases but it for sure applies on live TV.
Aug 1, 2023 1:21 PM

Jun 2021
^Hmm, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I've read the comments above before watching the short so I really noticed those transitions (esp. at 0:29, 0:34 and 0:44). I wish I watched it first so I didn't have to pay close attention to those. Haha.

Anyways, I hope there's an easier way to 'Add character' than having to go to each character's page and edit. Well, something similar to 'Add staff' perhaps (https://myanimelist.net/dbchanges.php?aid=56064&t=staff)? I always have to rewatch and make a list of character appearances then edit character pages. It's really a pain for Pokémon characters or any franchise with many characters. LOL. Then I have to add characters to each episode. Rinse and repeat. 🤦 I do that to other anime even though I ain't necessarily a fan. Haha. 😑
Aug 8, 2023 1:41 PM

Oct 2018
Yeah, the dimming isn't getting removed anytime. Looks gorgeous from start to finish.
Dec 2, 2023 6:01 PM
Apr 2020
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
Kwanthemaster said:
Alot of animation studios do this on purpose because japan passed regulation that basically is aimed at preventing people from having epileptic seizures while watching TV. Thats why random action scenes will be purposefully dimmed. Im not sure this applies to home media releases but it for sure applies on live TV.

This even stems from the Pokémon franchise itself. Ever since the Porygon incident (ep. 38), screens are dimmed during flashy Pokémon attacks. They went back editing the first 37 episodes and dimming anything even remotely flashy. The opening animation during the "nakanakanaka" part was also changed to be less rapid.
Mar 6, 4:43 PM
Mar 2019
Okay, never watched Pokemon yet.
May 2, 7:20 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
Thanks to this anime, I learned that black people play Pokemon too!

Although, I understand that due to cultural sensitivities, they aren't black in Japan; they're just exceptionally tanned.

Still, what an accomplishment for diversity! :)
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.