Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 11, 11:23 AM
Mar 2023
Mar 11, 11:29 AM
Oct 2019
I don't see how your day is ruined because you don't use those service in the first place because if you would it would just be a matter of who get what like each season. If you can't access neither of those service because they are blocked in your location some underhanded methods are available that we both know what it is.
Mar 11, 11:31 AM
Mar 2023
Otakupervert890 said:
I don't see how your day is ruined because you don't use those service in the first place because if you would it would just be a matter of who get what like each season. If you can't access neither of those service because they are blocked in your location some underhanded methods are available that we both know what it is.

Not only it's not available in my country but it's also not avaliable in my language
Which means that I need to wait half a day (being generous because sometimes it takes 3 days) to get fansubs of the episode
Which sucks because I always get spoiled while waiting for the fansub to come
Mar 11, 11:36 AM

Apr 2010
Really happy it’s Hidive, it’s not cursed to digital hell.

Will be picking the blu ray release when it comes out.
Mar 11, 12:24 PM
Kikuris footrest
Jul 2022
thats why i just stopped paying for streaming services altogether, aint nobody got the money to pay for like 5 different services that often even have only inferior versions of the ones youd find online
Im not even gonna talk about regionlocking where without a vpn i could only watch like 25% of what other countries could but for the same price
Mar 11, 2:05 PM
Mar 2021
curse😅 overdramatic much?
Mar 11, 2:11 PM
Mar 2023
MrHunterxHunter said:
curse😅 overdramatic much?

Nop, the hidive curse is real
Mar 11, 4:20 PM
Jul 2022

You can always use the really advanced strategy of going on a pirating website. It never fails
Mar 11, 4:22 PM
Mar 2023
SCAREDgorilla said:

You can always use the really advanced strategy of going on a pirating website. It never fails

It fails because the episodes don't come with subtitles that I can read lmao
Mar 11, 6:14 PM

Apr 2014
Gui_silva23 said:
Otakupervert890 said:

Not only it's not available in my country but it's also not avaliable in my language
Which means that I need to wait half a day (being generous because sometimes it takes 3 days) to get fansubs of the episode

If you cant wait just a few hours/days for a fansub, thats a you problem.

If you get spoiled thats an ever bigger you problem. Go eat a meal or take a walk or watch something else while you wait, its not that hard

Mar 11, 11:13 PM
Mar 2021
you really want Sony and crunchyroll to have a monopoly on anime in the west?

do you realize how bad that would be?
Mar 12, 12:36 AM
Mar 2023
MrHunterxHunter said:

I would prefer crunchyroll having a monopoly over a service that is only available in like 6 places of the world picking the exclusivity of the animes lmao. I wouldn't complain if hidive was actually a good service
Mar 12, 12:37 AM
Mar 2023
Sakagami_Tomoyo said:
Gui_silva23 said:

If you cant wait just a few hours/days for a fansub, thats a you problem.

If you get spoiled thats an ever bigger you problem. Go eat a meal or take a walk or watch something else while you wait, its not that hard

Bruh it's a problem of the service, I don't need to wait when crunchyroll picks the Animes 💀
Mar 12, 1:23 AM

Feb 2023
I absolutely agree with OP here.

It running on HiDive will most likely mean not having an official release in my country. Sure, I'm no stranger to pirating (especially thanks to HiDive), but it's inconvenient.
Maybe my friends and I just don't know the best sources for pirating anime in our language, but I already had the situation a few times that I wanted to recommend something to friends to talk about each week, but they refused to watch it immediately just because they couldn't find German subtitles for it.

HiDive is a curse and (as cruel as it sounds) I would probably cheer if they went out of business. Having it on Crunchyroll or Netflix is just so much better.
Mar 13, 12:44 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to Vaturna
I absolutely agree with OP here.

It running on HiDive will most likely mean not having an official release in my country. Sure, I'm no stranger to pirating (especially thanks to HiDive), but it's inconvenient.
Maybe my friends and I just don't know the best sources for pirating anime in our language, but I already had the situation a few times that I wanted to recommend something to friends to talk about each week, but they refused to watch it immediately just because they couldn't find German subtitles for it.

HiDive is a curse and (as cruel as it sounds) I would probably cheer if they went out of business. Having it on Crunchyroll or Netflix is just so much better.
@Vaturna Germany right? there's like a couple publishers that always get their stuff.

Just like France got ADN.

Spain got a couple as well, they are now getting my country rights together with Spain ones.

Italy etc..

Not even going into the Asia ones.

When Hidive says ''exclusive'' to them, it's exclusive where they stream, other streaming platforms grab the shows they have in the regions they operate on.

It's funny how it's hidive existing that lets other publishers exist worldwide, they are giving jobs all over the other indirectly.
Mar 14, 3:20 PM

Feb 2023
Reply to TiagoCosta
@Vaturna Germany right? there's like a couple publishers that always get their stuff.

Just like France got ADN.

Spain got a couple as well, they are now getting my country rights together with Spain ones.

Italy etc..

Not even going into the Asia ones.

When Hidive says ''exclusive'' to them, it's exclusive where they stream, other streaming platforms grab the shows they have in the regions they operate on.

It's funny how it's hidive existing that lets other publishers exist worldwide, they are giving jobs all over the other indirectly.
@TiagoCosta
Thanks a lot for the reply by the way.

I checked through my list of available streaming platforms again, expecting to see that half of HIDIVE's Winter catalog would be missing, only to find out that I totally missed out on ADN launching at the end of last year which is also available in Germany.

I seem to have built up a bit too much resentment towards HIDIVE, but it looks like the situation in Germany has improved compared to when HIDIVE was still operating in parts of Europe without releasing any non-English subtitles.
There is still the argument that HIDIVE is preventing Crunchyroll from having even more anime each season, which would be a positive for me since I could have everything on a single platform, but having some new platforms to bring some innovation to anime streaming is also nice. Have to look up how the situation is in other regions when I have some time.

I'm definitely more more optimistic about Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night now
Mar 14, 6:10 PM

Apr 2010
Reply to Vaturna
@TiagoCosta
Thanks a lot for the reply by the way.

I checked through my list of available streaming platforms again, expecting to see that half of HIDIVE's Winter catalog would be missing, only to find out that I totally missed out on ADN launching at the end of last year which is also available in Germany.

I seem to have built up a bit too much resentment towards HIDIVE, but it looks like the situation in Germany has improved compared to when HIDIVE was still operating in parts of Europe without releasing any non-English subtitles.
There is still the argument that HIDIVE is preventing Crunchyroll from having even more anime each season, which would be a positive for me since I could have everything on a single platform, but having some new platforms to bring some innovation to anime streaming is also nice. Have to look up how the situation is in other regions when I have some time.

I'm definitely more more optimistic about Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night now
@Vaturna having subs in my language was never a thing, CR doesn’t have them.

CR also doesn’t have my country rights for everything they get, both simulcast and catalogue.

So honestly I was always super open to alternatives that give me physical media to buy as that’s what I care the most(couldn’t care less for dubs for example), and Hidive/sentai is 100% better than CR in that regard, most CR series go into digital hell.

Anyway, Hidive is so cheap I currently use a free VPN to watch their stuff to support them, and unsubscribed to CR years ago, I like to support what I believe in after all (physical media).
Mar 16, 8:59 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to Gui_silva23
SCAREDgorilla said:

@Gui_silva23 why not just watch it in English?
Mar 16, 9:04 AM
Mar 2023
A-Mux said:

I'm not fluent enough, there's always a word that breaks me during an episode or it's to fast for me to get everything right
I already tried it before with spy classroom, didn't went well
Mar 16, 9:08 AM
Mar 2018
Gui_silva23 said:
A-Mux said:

I'm not fluent enough, there's always a word that breaks me during an episode or it's to fast for me to get everything right

I was a rookie ESL once too then i put in some work so that i didn't have to rely on my mother language.
I suggest you to just keep watching stuff in English, if you don't know a word pause and look it up, there are no shortcuts to practice
Mar 16, 1:46 PM
Mar 2023
A-Mux said:
Gui_silva23 said:

I was a rookie ESL once too then i put in some work so that i didn't have to rely on my mother language.
I suggest you to just keep watching stuff in English, if you don't know a word pause and look it up, there are no shortcuts to practice

It's annoying pausing in the middle of a episode to translate a word
My way of practice is playing every game in English, it's going well but I still have a long way to go
Mar 16, 1:48 PM
Mar 2018
Gui_silva23 said:
A-Mux said:

It's annoying pausing in the middle of a episode to translate a word
My way of practice is playing every game in English, it's going well but I still have a long way to go

it might be annoying but it works, once you know what it means you won't pause again for the same word
Mar 17, 10:56 PM

Feb 2019
MrHunterxHunter said:

I do not care one bit if a service that actually IS available in my country gets monopoly over a dumbass service that isn’t available.

They don’t even let me pay with VPN, so fuck em, I hope they go bankrupt.
mlem

Also read Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (Bless Botan)
Mar 17, 10:58 PM

Feb 2019
And yes, if you think you hate HiDive enough, you don’t.

You need to hate it even more.
mlem

Also read Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru (Bless Botan)
Apr 6, 2:04 PM

May 2015
Not only is it on HiDive, but those idiots screwed up their app and the subs aren't showing up
Apr 6, 2:48 PM
Feb 2018
billybub said:
Not only is it on HiDive, but those idiots screwed up their app and the subs aren't showing up

Actually we can watch it at muse asia youtube channel legally and free (asia region)
Apr 7, 11:20 PM
Apr 2019
Reply to firstawa
billybub said:

Actually we can watch it at muse asia youtube channel legally and free (asia region)
@firstawa yes, hail muse asia
Apr 8, 2:52 AM

Feb 2021
This is the same situation with Girls Band Cry in English speaking territories. Distributors got the rights to it in Germany and France, but not a single English distributor got the rights to it. Oddly enough both shows give off similar vibes to me.
Apr 8, 3:02 AM

Apr 2020
I get what you mean and I support it, guys ^^

BUT....

Why are we acting like most people actually watch Anime, through this official channel?
Apr 8, 6:42 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to CheesyJen
This is the same situation with Girls Band Cry in English speaking territories. Distributors got the rights to it in Germany and France, but not a single English distributor got the rights to it. Oddly enough both shows give off similar vibes to me.
@CheesyJen It's not the same really, this one is available on Germany and France as well (and others in Europe), anime onegai in Latin america is starting to license hidive stuff as well, should be a matter of time with this show.

Hidive/Sentai sub licenses their stuff, it's not like they lock their licenses to themselves.

Meanwhile Girls Band Cry is ADN only in the west (so far), ADN only covers France and Germany but I can see the anime going to other places eventually as it's getting a great reception.
Apr 8, 8:19 AM

May 2016
Reply to Gui_silva23
SCAREDgorilla said:

@Gui_silva23 You writing perfect english. Last I checked the pirates and fansub community is pretty on point with english subs
Apr 8, 3:02 PM

Feb 2021
Merve2Love said:
Why are we acting like most people actually watch Anime, through this official channel?
Because pirate sites quite literally rely on official sites for same-day subs?

Just because you don't pay for anime, doesn't mean you aren't affected by it.

Hidive only offer subs in English for the most part, so that means many countries that speak Portugues, Spanish, Italian and some other languages will have to rely on fansubs, which usually take more time to come out and are never as consistent.
Apr 8, 3:23 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to MadanielFL
Merve2Love said:
Because pirate sites quite literally rely on official sites for same-day subs?

Just because you don't pay for anime, doesn't mean you aren't affected by it.

Hidive only offer subs in English for the most part, so that means many countries that speak Portugues, Spanish, Italian and some other languages will have to rely on fansubs, which usually take more time to come out and are never as consistent.
@MadanielFL

All that means is that it needs to be shown somewhere on the planet, tho xD
And it is. It's on Hidive. Worst-case-scenario is that you need to wait a day or two longer, for a fan-sub.

Took me a few clicks to work out that this Animes first Episode and it's english sub was on time, on the biggest pirate Site. Sure, maybe there isn't an Italian Sub out there, yet. You're right.....but I guess that's a very (very!) small price of otherwise stealing a product and kinda not a big deal, since English subs are fine - for a lot of people.

If you really are paying for this service, you don't speak english, AND you were promised a sub in your native language, as part of your subscribtion, then I can see your point.

But all in all: No...looking at the situation as a whole it really didn't affect Anime Fans that much^^
Merve2LoveApr 8, 3:28 PM
Apr 9, 10:52 PM

Jun 2009
Reply to Gui_silva23
A-Mux said:

@Gui_silva23 I was like that once as well, glad I never stopped watching/reading/playing everything I can in English, so now german subs is the least of my problems

HiDive and this new streaming service are what causing me problems: for HiDive last time I checked I'd need a vpn for, and I don't even know if you can comfortably watch them from the PS5 on the tv
I just wanna sit back, turn on the console, relax and watch some anime without searching the internet high and low for pirating stuff where you'll never know if the grp doing the subs will complete them or not, and where I wouldn't know how to get the stuff onto my very old tv

edit: I still haven't found out if ADN works on PS4/5, but I found out they only provide German subs and that's already... urgh. like they have many shows I still want to watch, but idk if I wanna go through the trouble for German subs, especially if it isn't on PlayStation
ScrewFictionApr 9, 11:13 PM
Apr 10, 2:24 AM
Mar 2023
ScrewFiction said:
@Gui_silva23 I was like that once as well, glad I never stopped watching/reading/playing everything I can in English, so now german subs is the least of my problems

HiDive and this new streaming service are what causing me problems: for HiDive last time I checked I'd need a vpn for, and I don't even know if you can comfortably watch them from the PS5 on the tv
I just wanna sit back, turn on the console, relax and watch some anime without searching the internet high and low for pirating stuff where you'll never know if the grp doing the subs will complete them or not, and where I wouldn't know how to get the stuff onto my very old tv

edit: I still haven't found out if ADN works on PS4/5, but I found out they only provide German subs and that's already... urgh. like they have many shows I still want to watch, but idk if I wanna go through the trouble for German subs, especially if it isn't on PlayStation

I used to watch animes on Playstation as well but I had to change to my smart TV browser for the quantity of hidive shows that I had to watch illegally
I hate when people say "hidive is important because of the monopoly of cr just pirate it it's easy" like I care about that at all, I just wish I could turn the TV on and watch things right away, like I'm still waiting for Portuguese subs for the "band girls cry" anime lmao...
Apr 10, 5:46 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Gui_silva23
ScrewFiction said:

I used to watch animes on Playstation as well but I had to change to my smart TV browser for the quantity of hidive shows that I had to watch illegally
I hate when people say "hidive is important because of the monopoly of cr just pirate it it's easy" like I care about that at all, I just wish I could turn the TV on and watch things right away, like I'm still waiting for Portuguese subs for the "band girls cry" anime lmao...
@Gui_silva23 If Girls Band Cry had been picked up by Hidive, chances are you would have PT subs already as PT fan subbers dl the English translation from Hidive to translate to PT.

The monopoly made CR get so much they don't even bother getting everything, and Hidive doesn't have budget to get them either (not enough income), so you are left with more and more unlicensed anime lately aka monopoly really isn't good for you.
Apr 10, 11:49 PM

Mar 2008
I cant believe how much stuff this season hasn't been licensed in the west, it's like we're back in the 2000s, probably because Crunchyroll has killed all its competition. Blue Archive, Band Girls Cry, Ooi Tonbo, Shinkalion, and that's only whats aired so far.
Apr 11, 2:03 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to mobxmentality
thats why i just stopped paying for streaming services altogether, aint nobody got the money to pay for like 5 different services that often even have only inferior versions of the ones youd find online
Im not even gonna talk about regionlocking where without a vpn i could only watch like 25% of what other countries could but for the same price
mobxmentality said:

And if it was all on a single platform you would be like: 'see this is why I stopped paying for streaming. Is all a monopoly, and because we don't have other options we are stuck with a single service, that licenses only a few shows from the season, give us shitty subs and a shitty service, and make us pay 3 times what it was in the past.'

Gui_silva23 said:

I don't get it... why do you need the subs in your language when you obviously speak English? I rather trust my capacity to understand English, than in the fansub done in my language from English by a 15yo.
Apr 11, 2:06 AM
Mar 2023
kronopy said:
mobxmentality said:

And if it was all on a single platform you would be like: 'see this is why I stopped paying for streaming. Is all a monopoly, and because we don't have other options we are stuck with a single service, that licenses only a few shows from the season, give us shitty subs and a shitty service, and make us pay 3 times what it was in the past.'

Gui_silva23 said:

I don't get it... why do you need the subs in your language when you obviously speak English? I rather trust my capacity to understand English, than in the fansub done in my language from English by a 15yo.

One thing is thinking what to write, other is reading a thing for 2 seconds, just not understanding a word is enough to break my interpretation of a scene, I'd rather correct the poor translations myself than watching in English and missing half of what they're saying.
Apr 11, 3:12 AM
Kikuris footrest
Jul 2022
kronopy said:
mobxmentality said:

Gui_silva23 said:

how does that boot taste? multimillion dollar businesses like those streaming services dont give a shit about you as an individual so why are you defending their predatory business practices?

also youre only assuming i wouldnt pay for a single service when in reality id pay a good amount of money for a service with a very good catalogue and high quality licenses if it were availlable in my area, get your gaslighting ass outta here
Apr 12, 1:17 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to mobxmentality
kronopy said:
mobxmentality said:

Gui_silva23 said:

how does that boot taste? multimillion dollar businesses like those streaming services dont give a shit about you as an individual so why are you defending their predatory business practices?

also youre only assuming i wouldnt pay for a single service when in reality id pay a good amount of money for a service with a very good catalogue and high quality licenses if it were availlable in my area, get your gaslighting ass outta here
mobxmentality said:

This has nothing to do with multibillion-dollar businesses giving or not a shit about you. It has to do with the fact that monopolies are never good for the consumer. Only competition drives innovation and an attempt at good customer service. When you have only an option, you are stuck with poor services and high fees, because that business doesn't need to satisfy you in any way, because they know that no matter how shitty they are, you have no competition to go to. In fact Crunchyroll did have a level of monopoly, as for the longest it was the only service available globally. And they had been notorious for taking years to implement basic features to their platform or paying translators like shit, among others. The industry itself is very monopoly like, due to exclusive licenses - we wouldn't have all the problems with localizations and poor translations if the anime industry would not sell exclusive licenses and just sell distribution rights for anime to any service that wants them, and then have those streaming services compete not with exclusive content, but on the quality of their services, translations, and the size of their libraries, and let the consumer chose which they prefer. But having a single platform for all the anime, especially a Western-controlled one, would put both us and the anime industry at the mercy of a single business, a business that at the end of the day, only cares about the share holders, not the costumer.
Apr 14, 7:07 PM
Oct 2019
What is bro talking about? LMAO
Apr 15, 3:57 AM

May 2019
Reply to davidyodo24
What is bro talking about? LMAO
I've no f* idea, mate.

May 3, 3:03 AM

Jun 2009
Reply to Gui_silva23
ScrewFiction said:

@Gui_silva23 Same omg same, I just wanna watch stuff comfortably on my tv without downloading shit or streaming it in bs quality, like c'mon
at least make your stuff more available

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

135 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.