Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 26, 2018 2:49 AM

Aug 2017
6h more to wait............
I need to see more... blue and cyan
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 26, 2018 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah of course, they still have the rings lmao
May 26, 2018 5:15 PM

Feb 2013
Pesky wedding crashers.

May 27, 2018 5:07 PM
Sep 2016
this episode was frustrating
Aug 8, 2018 4:36 AM

Dec 2015
The whole marriage thing was so much cringe. What a waste of time...

In the previous episode, I was thinking "how come there aren't any same-gender couples or something like that?" considering they have no idea what relationships even are. And here comes this episode with Ikuno's reveal. Color me pleasantly surprised. I'd much prefer her ending up with Ichigo, although I doubt that' gonna happen. We're too far into the story for any sort of big change to happen.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 8, 2018 9:45 PM

May 2012
They sure are going through a lot of their puberty emotions, not only do we have wanting to make a baby and a wedding but now also yuri action and confessions? Well that's sure quite something in terms of character development if you ask me!

But that ending though that was quite the bummer... not even being able to finish the wedding and taken away so carelessly. Seeing that ending really made it even worse :( their memories got completely wiped and so did their emotions they gathered as a team over the months... real shame if you ask me. I really do wonder what we'll see next though!
Aug 12, 2018 4:35 AM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, when they started the wedding ceremony I was pissed cause I don't like the idea of these brainwashed kids playing wedding and shit then the other alien kids came and stopped them and I was like no let them finish lol. Also this show really likes being controversial, first with the idiot fanboys who sent death threats to the people making this anime and now we have a lesbo. Wow. Not agaisnt it btw but I hate the pattern that I'm seeing here it's always "I love you cause remember what you did for me when we were 4 years old?" "Remember that one time you told me my fingernails are so pretty? That was 10 years ago but ever since then I've been in love with you" If I remember correctly, Mitsuru became attached to Hiro because he also gave him his name, what the hell dude let us move on from this bullshit and focus on the klauxors and their origin instead.
Sep 18, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2017
The violence where the marriage of Kokoro and Mitsuru was interrupted ... And who lost their memories then...
Oct 4, 2018 7:01 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
I'm actually not surprised that Ikuno had a feeling for Ichigo since this yuri relationship has already been hinted at in the ED anyways. Between Goro and Ikuno or being alone, I wonder which one will Ichigo choose?

This wedding is just absolutely beautiful, a really enchanting last major activity that Squad 13 will ever do in this last bit of plantation they so often call home... This is a goodbye to the old home and a beginning of new adventures, especially for the newlyweds, Mitsuru and Kokoro... Such a Magni- FUCKING NINES BEGOOOONE!!! WHY MUST SUCH BEAUTIFUL WEDDING BE RUINED?!?!?? FUCK THE NINES AND FUCK THOSE MOTHERFUCKING APE MEMBERS AND ESPECIALLY PAPA HIMSELF!!!

To make it even worse, as usual, stuff that Papa don't like are erased. And the memories of Mitsuru and Kokoro once share with each other are now nothing but a distant imagination! This crime is beyond that of any forgiveness!!!

It's time for a revolution!!!

[i]This episode did really well for the audience such as me to antagonize the APE members and Papa even more than ever before. The Nines was always a bunch of annoying little puppets.
ShadowkillZOct 4, 2018 7:09 AM
Nov 16, 2018 1:51 PM

Oct 2009
LET THEM GET MARRIED!!!11 HOW DARE YA M888! HOW DARE YA!!!
Dec 16, 2018 7:54 AM
Dec 2017
holy shit ! they forget about each other .. damn.. so many things coming out..
Dec 25, 2018 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
ohoho they about to start a revolution, i can feel it
Jan 9, 2019 7:04 PM
Mar 2017
i guess at this point, after this episode, we can already say the rumours about this show getting unbelievably bad are true

it's like someone took the script for the show and halfway through handed the rest to be written by high schoolers fan fiction writers who have no clue where the show was (or could be) leading to. wow. just, wow.
Feb 3, 2019 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Man, the more I watch this series, the less I'm into it.

Not sure how to describe it, but the first half of the series felt solid, but now it's just a little cheesy with the heavier emphasis on romance. I get that romance and drama (I see it as more melodrama) are a main part of this show, but...I don't know man, it's just kinda lame.
removed-userFeb 3, 2019 2:58 PM
Aug 21, 2019 3:21 PM

Aug 2013
Can't even imagine what kind of anime people watched before Darling in the FranXX since people here somehow divided on three parts.

First group is loyal for the end, they can't leave hype-train, I hope these people are just inexperienced since they watched very few anime or very young because it's too obvious how bad this anime in terms of actions scenes, characters, dialogues and plot development.

Second one for some reason liked pretentious first part of anime even though it was dull and started in ridiculous way from fan service and cruelty - pure bait for people which like to think that they are adult even though bait itself is for teenagers.

And third one is about "Well, it started bad but now I like it!", I hope these people just prefer to watch romcom and slice of life on daily basis and this is why it's enough for them to be pleasured with old tricks in brand new anime.
Dec 21, 2019 10:02 PM
Dec 2019
They literally swatted the wedding lol
Dec 21, 2019 10:02 PM
Dec 2019
They literally swatted the wedding lol
Jan 13, 2020 10:16 PM

Apr 2015
I just love how the story has developed in the second half of this season.
Apr 23, 2020 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
Seems like Kokoro and Mitsuru will remember again sooner or later, just like 02 and Hiro.
May 5, 2020 4:27 AM

Feb 2018
Hiro and Zero two get their memory back..
Jun 7, 2020 9:01 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I did not see that coming, I mean, at first, I was thinking that Mitsuru might be Gay and Ikuno a Lesbian, perhaps that's why they did not act in accordance all the time? However, Ichigo? Really, it sounded very random.
Jul 12, 2020 10:07 AM

Aug 2008
Absurd that in the time spent altering their memories that the adults wouldn't have taken the rings. Given that things are coming into their final stages I really don't see the point in this anyway except to force tension into the show. Let them have their little wedding, they'll all still fight for you. Now though the adults risk the team turning on them when they don't want anything to disrupt their plan. Silly.

Was actually rather enjoying how sweet the episode was like the previous one, this show isn't that great overall but it has its moments. Then it got "dark", meh. Looks like the team may not take getting played around with anymore, probably have a FRANXX battle against the Nines?
Aug 16, 2020 7:12 AM
Jun 2020
ooo, this show is getting more interesting with each episode.
Sep 26, 2020 10:20 AM

Aug 2020
I didn't see that coming. Yukino loves Ichigo? Holy crap! I thought she was mood offed bcoz she had feelings for mitsuru but it was Ichigo lol. Also it feels so sad how they erased their memories man literally. I want them to gain it back , they were so happy and all of a sudden these bastards took their happiness from them. They are really a good match. I don't know why but it seems that the upcoming episodes are gonna be so painful and sad to watch. Let's see :(
Oct 10, 2020 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
Stupid lesbian, she shouldnt even be in their squad. Shes the shittiest character in the show.

Throughout the entire wedding I felt so bad for Futoshi, hes the one who truly deserves happiness.

Oct 18, 2020 10:16 PM
Jul 2020
This series has tried to push all this corny stuff on me countless time; I'm glad their bubble was popped
Oct 26, 2020 9:09 AM

Apr 2007
They erase their memories yet leave the rings on their fingers? Big mistake buddy! Seeing Mitsuru and Kokoro torn apart like that was so tragic :'( I'm sure they'll get their memories back though.

Also the part with Ikuno and Ichigo was really forced and unnecessary. At least hint at it more than twice before this point and it would have been better.
Jan 30, 2021 11:10 PM

Jul 2013
Was not expecting Ikuno to be a lesbian. And out of all girls, it's itchigo. For a stupid reason. "She gave me a name uWu" . I feel like it was forced on that.
Poor Futoshi. He really likes her and she don't give a damn going for a bland guy and had sex with him who will have his baby in the future. So he's gonna be heartbroken even more when he hears about it.
Plus seeing your friends who lost memory to someone else is soooooo fucked up.
Feb 24, 2021 12:36 PM

Sep 2016
gswelcome said:
Absurd that in the time spent altering their memories that the adults wouldn't have taken the rings. Given that things are coming into their final stages I really don't see the point in this anyway except to force tension into the show. Let them have their little wedding, they'll all still fight for you. Now though the adults risk the team turning on them when they don't want anything to disrupt their plan. Silly.

Was actually rather enjoying how sweet the episode was like the previous one, this show isn't that great overall but it has its moments. Then it got "dark", meh. Looks like the team may not take getting played around with anymore, probably have a FRANXX battle against the Nines?

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH FUCKING COMMON SINCE.
I Stopped watching This series in this episode while it was airing Because It didn't make since To me And Now i tried to watch it again and i got more frustrated, Why Didn't They Take The couples Rings? And Why Did They Wipe Only The couples memories about the wedding while the others remember it CLEARLY.
This is clearly only for the sake of Plot And The writers Don't care about Good writing.
Feb 24, 2021 2:03 PM

Feb 2018
sager225 said:
gswelcome said:

I Stopped watching This series in this episode while it was airing Because It didn't make since To me And Now i tried to watch it again and i got more frustrated, Why Didn't They Take The couples Rings? And Why Did They Wipe Only The couples memories about the wedding while the others remember it CLEARLY.
This is clearly only for the sake of Plot And The writers Don't care about Good writing.

It felt weird for me too at first, but remember, the rings lost meaning to the adults in this world as well as many other things.
Either way, leaving them or removing them wouldn't change a thing.

About not changing the memory of the other members of the Squadron: Again, adults have changed their way of life and this kids are the only squadron with more freedom, they just didn't know better or they just were a little experiment of the doctor they coulndn't care a lot.
34 years old ossan who still watches anime
Feb 25, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2008
sager225 said:
gswelcome said:

As you say bad writing is to blame for this stupidity, all to have forced tension.

Depending on your tastes in what you watch I might recommend you not drop just to watch this trainwreck finally crash as it gets to its final episodes. If you think this episode is dumb you haven't seen anything yet. Hatewatching can be fun as well. :D
Feb 27, 2021 8:54 PM

Sep 2016
BiobulletM said:
sager225 said:

It felt weird for me too at first, but remember, the rings lost meaning to the adults in this world as well as many other things.
Either way, leaving them or removing them wouldn't change a thing.

About not changing the memory of the other members of the Squadron: Again, adults have changed their way of life and this kids are the only squadron with more freedom, they just didn't know better or they just were a little experiment of the doctor they coulndn't care a lot.

I understand that the rings doesn't mean anything to the adults, if that's why the adults didn't take the rings then why did they stop the wedding? it doesn't mean anything to them too.

I assume the adults wiped the couples memories because they wanted the kids to forget "the old way of living" Like marriage and Sex, if that so, then why wipe only the couples memory? wouldn't the rest make them remember it? what's the point of wiping their memory if they will remeber?

let's be honest Most the people that liked the series is because Zero two, including me i didn't give the series bad a rating because i liked the first half of the anime and Zero two.
Feb 27, 2021 9:19 PM

Sep 2016
gswelcome said:
sager225 said:

As you say bad writing is to blame for this stupidity, all to have forced tension.

Depending on your tastes in what you watch I might recommend you not drop just to watch this trainwreck finally crash as it gets to its final episodes. If you think this episode is dumb you haven't seen anything yet. Hatewatching can be fun as well. :D

I completed it and i was laughing my ass off in the last two episodes, I really liked the first half and i wanted it to end better but the writers had another opinion i guess.
Feb 28, 2021 6:57 AM

Aug 2008
sager225 said:
gswelcome said:

I completed it and i was laughing my ass off in the last two episodes, I really liked the first half and i wanted it to end better but the writers had another opinion i guess.

I'm sure the writers didn't think it was dumb when they wrote it. I hope. Probably thought it was "unexpected" or some nonsense.
Jun 24, 2021 7:17 AM

Feb 2021
Looks like it's confirmed that Ikuno is a lesbian. Also they were having their perfect moment but that asshole Papa and Alpha with his squad have to come ad ruin plans for everyone every single time. 02 got overwhelmed by Alpha and his squad. Also this whole birdcage idea really pisses me off. Like how controlled and unlivable their lives are. I genuinely pity them.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 25, 2021 8:17 PM

Jun 2020
A wedding seems nice to have one for them before heading out of there as a memory, Ikuno and Ichigo had some heated intentions specifically Ikuno loves Ichigo that explains the ED now

What was Zero Two's frightening dream that was really scary and unpleasing to see, The wedding finally happened Kokoro fits so well in that white dress Futoshi just lets them do it what a man to have his resolve like that, Although the 9's intervenes and ruins the wedding at least that's what their papa told them to do

So Nana's memories were like that what a scarring past, Mitsuru and Kokoro changed drastically their memories were altered so much.
Jun 27, 2021 1:42 AM

Apr 2021
Just as the wedding was going so well...Those guys had to rush in with guns.....its sad now to see that Mitsuru's and Kokoro's memories have been taken away...lets see what happens next
Joel77Jun 27, 2021 1:45 AM
Jan 14, 2022 11:17 PM

Jul 2008
For me, this was the tipping point for the anime. It lost me when they wiped Kokoro and Mitsuru's memories. It felt like the momentum of the anime shifted from a slow burn coming of age drama to a wild space-faring odyssey.

I couldn't make much sense of the plot after this episode. Like I think understand it, but, rather than feeling for the characters, I felt more like a passive observer that watched crazy things unfold while the kids lashed out at the powers that be to fight for a better future. Good message, but I didn't feel it was earned.

The resistance should have started here. I felt like just taking Mitsuru and Kokoro away and separating them, may have helped build the drama rather than completely erase it by basically retconning their relationship. I did see the ending so I know what happens, but I feel taking a direction like that would have allowed the children to lash out at Papa and the rest of his cadre, which would have helped carry the emotion through to the end. Slight difference I suppose, but for me it would have made a world of difference to have the fight focus on that rather than the threat still to come in the series.

But it is what it is. I'm happy for the investment I did feel up to this point.
Mar 20, 2022 8:09 AM

Jun 2020
Nice revolting episode.The episode had good emotional moments. The ending scene of this episode was good too.

PS: I felt PAPA did the right thing. He prevented underage marriage. But still PAPA looks sussy fuckall though.
Feb 1, 2023 2:23 PM
Aug 2017
Called it. They had to go and ruin the anime even more with some forced yuri shit. Ikuno even said it herself “am I a creep”. Yes you are a creep you forced yourself onto Bichigo and started touching her all over. Saying you noticed every small detail that had changed like the hair clip. “I noticed you changed your hair clip did you get it from a certain someone.” 

Ikuno has been added to the bitch train. Now to kill off ikuno, bichigo, and kokoro. 

Both the wedding and yuri scenes were so cringe. They’re like 10 years old and they’re having sex and getting married

I wanted them to at least finish the ceremony though. If you start something finish it properly. Those nines had to go and get involved. 

The world just needs to get nuked
May 5, 2023 9:26 AM

Dec 2022
Ah, so Ikuno is a lesbian. Guess Futoshi really has no options then. Tough world, eh?

Do none of the rest of the squad (aside from Zero-Two) have any sort of close combat training? The Nines seem to be much more physically capable than them when they're outside of their mechs.

Also, all the APE members literally have ape masks, lol. I just realised. A fitting acronym.
Archean-ReturnMay 5, 2023 9:31 AM

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Jul 31, 2023 6:31 AM
Jul 2023
well the plot is moving, but im uncomfy that they literally made a two child married, welp, plot it is.
Sep 29, 2023 4:28 PM

Nov 2010
Futoshi is the man for being such a sport! But I think it's also thanks to his innocence about human relationships. It's one of the most painful things to experience in real life, especially after he confessed his love to Kokoro, and Mitsuru still won just by being there. It's also Futoshi's fault for not making significant moves after admitting his feelings.

Ikuno is just gender confused. I don't think she's a lesbian.
Kokoro looked stunning in that wedding dress.
I wonder why they didn't alter the memories of all the members of Squad 13. The other members will make Kokoro and Mitsuru remember what they forgot.
Nov 5, 2023 2:19 AM

Dec 2022
Poor them, have to forget everything after falling in love and all that happened. These dudes are cruel, now they will go against the papa and others I think.

Nov 30, 2023 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
Zero two sees a lot of visions
Dec 29, 2023 4:27 PM
Aug 2018
The mystery of this show is finally taking an exciting turn. It just took quite a long while to reach that point. Oh, well. It's getting good, now.
Dec 30, 2023 4:36 PM
Jan 2019
I accorded with the Slice of Life ceremony portion, which fostered great interpersonal connections between characters and created amusing, heartfelt scenes.
I objected to the Dystopian indoctrination portion. The authorities are insane.
Feb 16, 2:26 PM

Dec 2022
this show only exists to make you feel let down huh lol i mean i get it, the kids are the audience surrogate and it's immersive, but sheesh it sure is often unpleasable to watch lol
quite interested to see how this overarching big picture plot turns out though
May 14, 2:02 PM

Mar 2023
that wedding ceremony was so sweet ^^ i was seriously scared both kokoro and mitsuru were gonna get shot on the spot or something lmao
but making them forget each other is so messed up :(
Jun 6, 1:59 AM
Dec 2022
Kokoro and Mitsuru get married with Futoshi being the celebrant. Life couldn't get weirder or more routine depending on one's view. Still a good way to make one last memory at Mistilteinn. Of course there will be someone who is disappointed like Mitsuru's former partner, Ikuno but she loves Ichigo and can't do much. The Nines have to drop in and spoil the party, dragging the couple away.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.