Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder if that Seshiru has some kind of ulterior motive. Not sure I like her though. She has a somewhat witty personality and doesn't seem easy to get along with.

Well, Shun and his team needs motivation.
Nov 25, 2023 11:43 AM
Sep 2015
Can't believe how the anime about e-sports, this episode is actually the first episode that talk about how to be good at e-sports,
Nov 25, 2023 12:32 PM
Jun 2020
Am I the only one who doesn't really like Mio?
Nov 25, 2023 2:47 PM

Jul 2019
They were playing fucking Dust_2 on the first game.
Nov 25, 2023 3:23 PM
Mar 2020
Goofy ah Dust_2 looking map.

Also, the Esports portion of this anime is truly, truly very horrible.

How'd they managed to get this far without understanding the basic of the game truly baffles me, like how? Though it means these 5 only relying solely on the firepower and flow instead of actually doing strategies.

The Esports portion I'd give it a 4/10 score, though what prevented me to give lower score is that the gameplay footage are somewhat improving, I think the first 3 episodes has more horrible quality.

What keeps me watching this is solely for the 2nd plot (Or topic) which is Shun's life and the love triangle part, all of the female characters are very attractive if I want to be honest, Mio has a bit of an attitude downgrade but I understand why she became like that, for that portion of the anime I'd actually give it a 7.5/10.

(Not just the game footage, but the overall animation for some reason is improving too or maybe at least only for me)
Nov 25, 2023 4:54 PM
Oct 2023
AkkuJ said:

No you are not. She was perfectly normal and cute at first. Out of nowhere she just turned weird. 😃
Nov 25, 2023 5:07 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Feels a liiiiittle bit overdue to start covering the very basics of competitive gaming doesn't it? How they even managed to get this far without understanding such basic concepts is pretty unrealistic

Also not sure what Mio is up to but she's behaving a bit weird lately

dust_2 cameo was cute at least
Nov 25, 2023 6:08 PM

Nov 2010
  • So, fox_one got a new director for free!? Only four episodes are left and it seems the pacing is too slow.
  • The sister of the protagonist is getting too attached to her brother in a wrong and dark fashion.
  • They are eating the same menu from the first episode. The main dish is always salmon and...
Nov 25, 2023 6:56 PM

Oct 2022
Watching Yu shrivel in jealousy is rather amusing.
Knowing that she pretending to be his online friend, and not very honest with him.
She deserving everything the feels. 

Nov 25, 2023 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to AkkuJ
@AkkuJ nah, she really creeps me out too.

this has been losing steam but this episode is the worst yet. i don't even know if i can call this a love triangle, but yu-shun-nozomi is bad. mio is becoming the creepiest character i've seen in a long time and she always gives me the feeling she doesn't want to get better to be a burden on her brother forever, i know, she doesn't want to lose him, but... and showing all that stuff about gaming was worse than not showing because they were talking about basics and you would think someone aiming for professional would have at least that covered.

my favourite part was akito introducing shun as a person so uninteresting that the most remarkable part of him is having nothing remarkable, brcause that's exactly who he is. 👍🏻
Nov 25, 2023 7:44 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to AkkuJ
@AkkuJ

You are not alone, sis is sus now.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Nov 25, 2023 10:32 PM

Dec 2010
Shun's family situation is just really sad...
His sister wants Shun to take of her his whole life.
Also that post-credit scene just made everything official.
Mio is crazy.

Also, the fact that the team never figured out their own patterns and idiosyncrasies baffles me.
Makes sense that they keep on losing if they never break out of habit.
Nov 26, 2023 2:23 AM

Jul 2013
This is the kind of basic that you need to understand in order to get out of the bottom tier on ladder, not stuff you learn after making it into an e-sport team wtf.
Nov 26, 2023 5:14 AM

Jul 2017
The pro league tournament has Fox One tumbling far on the bottom and Shun is unconsciously fighting with Nozomi and Yu for his romantic affections, he just doesn't realize it, even in his daily chat with Explosion-kun, which Yu is clearly hiding behind the virtual wall with anticipation, only for Nozomi to interrupt her. Even Mio's brocon gets quite severe, though she always has his interests at heart before her own.

Even Seshiru got so frustrated that she voiced her concerns, but that the new team was a fraction of the old Team Fox One, that Akira's comeback was so raw and bad, it didn't even faze her. Shun giving her the time of day to explain their mistakes from a very basic level with homework not done, and for a team that always does the same thing after thing, the new Fox One really has hit a wall. Even Seshiro's fav of Yurukki has a life too, so retiring is of question as well.

It's a good thing that Seshiro's strategy gave the new rookie team some promise back, though only at the micro level. Will they ever make this their macro strategy to win?
Nov 26, 2023 6:25 AM

Nov 2013
this sister is annoying as hell...

the 2 gyarus were actually the best part of this episode
poor blondie got mad because of her favorite leaving, but it was actually his wife that made him leave lmao

well, thanks to them the team can finally get better
who would have thoughtt hat pro teams research each other and know which patterns each of their enemies have, or that you need to communicate better during games ...it's kinda obvious to anyone who ever watched any matches
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Nov 26, 2023 2:54 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to AkkuJ
@AkkuJ definitely not. I’ve considered dropping this show because of her.
Nov 26, 2023 8:27 PM
May 2021
mio is starting to be really creepy. i thought she just had a bit of a brother complex at first but i think it's more than that atp
My 2023 candies:
Nov 29, 2023 10:44 PM
Jun 2021
xaxxerion map pool to our knowledge: Split from Valorant, Dust2 from CounterStrike

Also, Mio is definitely giving some Yosuga no Sora vibes right now
notawaffleNov 29, 2023 10:47 PM
Dec 2, 2023 10:06 AM
Apr 2013
EP 8

Its funny because both ep 7 and ep 8 started with a game scene. but ep 7 didnt have much actual gaming, mostly talking things through

Kind of ended on a blank slate this ep. four more eps to go, really anything could happen.

I never actually bothered to check, but emiko is waki azumi. She has very little lines though so I didnt recognize her. Seshiru is hondo kaede of course, though I did see it previously.

The implication of course is that, our team is/was really just very skilled amateurs, so while they had lots of their own decent skill and ok/good teamwork, they didnt really have a coach or improving their skill level/strategy/adaptability.

I didnt count all the times but yeah, its weird since its a team sport, but there's been plenty of losses (ironic since they had winstreak, and its a knockout tournament so they have won off screen as well)
CocoaGalaxyDec 2, 2023 10:09 AM
Dec 5, 2023 8:52 AM

Oct 2008
WOW! this episode was kinda fun! especially with the emergence of those eccentric 2 girls: Emiko especially the (would be coach) Seshiru!!
5/5.

Feb 23, 9:45 PM

Dec 2022
Mio is turning out to be the most interesting character in this anime, unsurprisingly. While her refusal to go to rehab to mend her crippled legs seems absurd at first, it makes more sense when you consider her current lifestyle and relationships. It's only natural that a young girl who lives at home and has an attachment to her brother would be irate at the prospect of being whisked away to a controlled facility full of strangers. She's also justifiably suspicious of Nozomi, who she obviously knows is trying to gain Shun's affections. These insecurities are not without reason or cause, and they invoke a level of sympathy for her.

The previous Fox One team looked like they were a boy band as a side gig. Small wonder the gyaru was a fan.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Aug 8, 8:43 PM

May 2020
Out of 128, they placed 15th. Yu is still not revealing about being Bakuretsu-kun.

Mio is annoying me with her bro complex.

Whoa, Seshiru is finally talking with Fox One and giving her comments on them. She points out all of Fox One’s mistakes. She didn’t even know that her favourite was already married with a child. The shock 🤣🤣🤣.

Finally, Fox One realises the importance of analysis and strategy. Seshiru and her friend are still hanging around in the cafe, and Seshiru is giving out criticisms harshly. 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

38 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Aug 10, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

12 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Aug 10, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2023

14 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Aug 10, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2023

30 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Aug 10, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Bokura no Ameiro Protocol Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

14 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Aug 8, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.