Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 29, 2018 9:54 PM

Mar 2012
It was alright, didn't have any real expectations for this one. The backstory for the stone was a bit...meh...but character development was at least decent. Interesting concepts in this story, not the best execution but it was refreshing.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 30, 2018 12:01 AM

Nov 2016
I really liked the characters in this. The concept was interesting as well, though there were a few holes in the story. I wish they hadn't wrapped things up with a deus ex machina, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with this series.
Mar 30, 2018 5:33 AM
Apr 2016
Sorry nibba whatt
Re:formed
Mar 30, 2018 8:06 PM

Mar 2016
Ah I really loved this series ...

I think it had a good ending. I’m glad she was able to go home !
She deserved it .

I feel like this anime would be way more popular if it wasn’t on amazon!
I think I’ll give it a 9/10 just because I really like it :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2018 9:10 PM

Oct 2010
I enjoyed the anime and the ending was ok, I can accept that. My only question is why was Juri having a deja-vu in the final scene? when talking to kid Sagawa. Everyone is happy, so that's fine. That ending theme though... it was the best.
Mar 30, 2018 11:12 PM

Aug 2011
This series started of strong and then kinda fizzled after episode 9. I enjoyed the main characters, but as far as the others they were just there. Not much for character development and the ones that were shown, the history was pretty vague.

Great concept, but not completely thought out with a mediocre ending.

7.5/10
Mar 31, 2018 8:50 AM

Jun 2013
what a fucking Deus ex Machina ending!!
Apr 1, 2018 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
Fitting end.

So the specre-fish's eye was used to make the stone.

Random witch saves the day.

6/10 (above average)
Tempted to give it 7, but eh.
Apr 2, 2018 11:17 AM
Jul 2008
This anime surprised me! A bit rushed on the end but overall is good. For people who said this asspull need to pay attention more. I was wondering about that blonde throughout the series since she was first seen, I kept thinking when she will appear.

I have some questions about Tobino. Why did Juri not 'free' Tobino? Was that not possible because he's been 'sucked'? What did the Founder did to him? Seems like there's no jellyfish left on him? Why Tobino could stay even without jellyfish?

And it seems like the grandpa is already dead now?

Catalano said:
I enjoyed the anime and the ending was ok, I can accept that. My only question is why was Juri having a deja-vu in the final scene? when talking to kid Sagawa. Everyone is happy, so that's fine. That ending theme though... it was the best.

It's from the first episode where she also laid down like that and did the same conversation.
Apr 9, 2018 10:00 AM

Apr 2015
Actually I was prepared to shit on this because of the 15497 asspulls these few episodes but this episode was cooler than I expected. What a strange fucking show. 5-6/10
Apr 9, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2014
The continuity in this show annoyed me.

Can't drink milk, might throw up and get stuck in body - everyone drank things in there previously

If something in your body that's not entirely a part of you, then how does the whole toilet process then begin to work. Plus, no plumbing in the stalled.

Ehhh

Good show.
Apr 11, 2018 1:38 AM

Oct 2015
Has its ups and downs but I'll give credit to the show for its good comedic timings. 7/10
Apr 11, 2018 8:44 PM
Feb 2016
I just finished it, it was very good imo. The end where Juri is called mom and ugh, lots of thing were left unexplained but I can't complain. It was a fun ride. The op and ed are some of the best this season. overall 8/10
clown president general plue
Apr 17, 2018 6:23 AM
Jun 2014
The ending made the show fall flat on it's face.
Apr 17, 2018 3:58 PM

Jul 2009
The moment when Juri start to send people back are a bit sad, specially when she gets alone...but in the end she comes back. The series could have been better...
Apr 21, 2018 3:01 AM

Jul 2014
Is there any reason why the Yukawa family has these special powers in Stasis that others do not? According to the founder her husband just gave them the stone. Did he give it to them because they already had those powers running in the family?
May 4, 2018 11:45 PM

Nov 2014
Well this time manipulator family is rockin..

i like how actually 1st episode had already spoiled a bit for the last episode, still i never thought that that blonde is the key
Despite how simple was juri returned by that blonde god, i really liked the creator approachment for the last episode, well this remind me with ajin and inuyashiki ( and maybe gantz) with that deep approachment.

still, with that surprise, they can tell the backstory about all of that in the brief scene to cover plothole and our curiousity about it. ( how the stone was made and the creator story in the past)

altought it didnt really told the origin about that "time" creature, i thought it was still acceptable.Let's just leave that to our imagination :D

and the great moral value about how we should we treasure our family also a great point in this series.... 9/10
May 7, 2018 10:16 AM

Apr 2011
The ending and this final episode was one of the best parts to me. Showing how it would be to be stuck alone in the stasis. And then being drawn to the finder after almost going crazy and she's just like "call me sometime and we can play in this world together", pretty much making light of the whole struggle.

But there were definitely lots of stupid things in this show that lessened the experience. Like where did those powers come from and lots of stuff surrounding the heralds didn't feel totally thought out.

And then the more practical things like, why did Sagawa have to kill everyone? Why, after all the Yukawas were reunited, did they not just leave the stasis then and just forget about Sagawa?

And the dumbest thing of all in my opinion: Sagawa has someone break into the Yukawas house and install a camera and then creates this elaborate kidnapping scheme so he can get the stone instead of just having the guy who breaks in steal the stone that's just sitting there in plain sight on top of some cupboard?!?!?! Am I missing something here?
May 8, 2018 10:03 PM

Aug 2015
I enjoyed this though I felt my enthusiasm waning during the last third.
The first third is fun like Die Hard as Juri kicks butt and bad guys get neutralized.
After Sagawa becomes a "final boss" it's somewhat less interesting.

I liked the non-traditional protagonists: a Japanese proletariat family. We have Oji-san and Juri, an actual adult woman, as our leads, which alone is an answer to prayers for anime without teenage boys in other worlds.
I also like the top-tier OP, which has grown on me considerably.

It's not really necessary to think too hard about why any of this is happening (Gramps lampshades this right in episode 1) so by leaving the characters' knowledge of Stasis incomplete the writer has the opportunity to asspull, but at the same time this shows a lack of crafstmanship compared to story with a detailed magical rule system. Kokkoku plays like an action movie for the most part, so this isn't a problem, but its when it slows down and becomes more contemplative that we start thinking about whether it makes sense.

If anybody remembers the guy in the pink shirt; he seemed to want to use the Stasis to kill people as his goal, and I expected him to be some kind of government agent or mob boss or something backing Sagawa. Surprised when he died in like episode 5 or something, I thought that was going somewhere.

The rebirth of Sagawa undermines Juri's line preceding it, that this is punishment and there's no do-overs. Further, I kinda express my dislike of Juri raising the baby Sagawa; would you want to invest the effort into raising a baby knowing it was formerly a guy who tried to get you killed (and more)? I know I wouldn't.

I think Sagawa could have been disposed of quicker in order to give some more resolution to what's happened, i.e. showing people reacting to the damage theft, etc. and also a little bit more of what's happening to the characters
KMH said:

And the dumbest thing of all in my opinion: Sagawa has someone break into the Yukawas house and install a camera and then creates this elaborate kidnapping scheme so he can get the stone instead of just having the guy who breaks in steal the stone that's just sitting there in plain sight on top of some cupboard?!?!?! Am I missing something here?

That's a great point, and I think you broke the premise of the show lol. The only explanation that makes some sense is that he wanted to lure the family away from the house as part of the "disappearance." Of course the plan failed to capture Sanae, which means that he would have had to commit some act of violence at the house, which he's gone to great lengths to avoid.
glassknucklesMay 8, 2018 10:09 PM
May 10, 2018 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
This was enjoyable, but it just didn't click with me too well, but it was fine.

6/10
May 15, 2018 6:01 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't mind the ending ; I spent sometime wondering when the Blonde woman would play a role; turned out to be a rather massive role haha. So it would appear despite the half year + ish she spent in statis it was less than what half a day ? in the 'regular' world ? (or am I mistaken) and after that the epilogue kinda goes from right after everyone returned to her and her now adopted son that has to be 6 years later at least - almost like 2 epilogues. Though I wish we got to see a bit more on how our other female MC got on with her brother after all that time ;p

Good series - 7.5/10
May 16, 2018 10:12 AM

Aug 2015
BLaCkGuN69 said:
Moral of the story:yesterday's enemy could be tomorrow's son, so never hold a grudge

After finally completing the anime.. Had a superb laugh, needed to say THANK YOU!
May 19, 2018 8:01 PM

Mar 2013
Bawse said:
BLaCkGuN69 said:
Moral of the story:yesterday's enemy could be tomorrow's son, so never hold a grudge

After finally completing the anime.. Had a superb laugh, needed to say THANK YOU!
You are Welcome LOL
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Aug 8, 2018 10:18 PM

May 2012
Well I got to say they sure wrapped this anime up quite nicely, didn't expect that to be honest! Really lovely anime in general I have to say and the best of it all was definitely the pacing of this series.

In general I really did enjoy watching this anime.
Nov 8, 2018 6:35 AM
Jan 2017
the ending interesting enough,,
after few days with her grandpa,, juri finaly release her granpa into the real world and take care the baby up to 6 month and then release him to..
next Juri traped in sillent world for few month at first she enjoy it but slowly she turn crazy cause alone in sillen world but after she go far enough and suddenly lossing her awareness and become crazy, she meet the wife of stone maker who manege her to back to real world,, and JUri back home. then meet her family,
but wtf the baby is getting gow and become a boy,, wtf juri called mama and u know that juri isnt marry yet..
Nov 15, 2018 1:22 PM

May 2010
Pretty cool, ratings is a bit too low for this show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 3, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2016
The beginning was soooo good. But towards the end, meh.
Jul 3, 2020 4:34 PM

May 2014
I really enjoyed this. It was really unique in the way it handled a lot of character actions relative to other anime. The characters were likable and interesting. There are plenty of things that could have been tightened up- but as far as thriller/action anime go I thought it was great and actually had a conclusive (and satisfying) ending which I was not expecting.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"
Apr 29, 2021 9:55 PM
Oct 2019
this series started out ok (episode 1) and remained ok throughout (6/10). until...

these last 3 episodes. boy oh boy. they. were. not. good (4/10). nonsensical ending
Jun 5, 2021 6:00 AM

Jan 2019
I was afraid they were going to end it without any conclusion to Juri's story. Im glad there was a satisfying and happy ending.

Like quite a lot of people, i found this anime through its incredible opening and decided to give it a try. The story surprised me by how much substance it actually had, especially when it was supported by such interesting and fun characters. I don't regret anything as this anime has become my favorite one ive watched recently. Really enjoyed watching it, might read the manga at some point!
Aug 26, 2021 10:40 PM
Oct 2018
I just finished watching and thought… is she her sister? Like do you know what i mean? The sister brought home a kid and became a single mom and so does she in a way? The kid became similar age to Makoto (the nephew). But overall the episode was very realistic on an emotional level.
Also isnt it kinda hectic that ur older brother is younger than you? 😂
Jan 11, 2022 3:13 PM

Sep 2017
This was an interesting series. I wouldn't say it's full of plotholes like I've seen other say. The biggest thing could be how tf did Sagawa get so good at controlling his jellyfish that he could became sentient herald or w/e. I think my biggest complaint with the series is that it just felt balls to the walls the entire time. It never really had any time to breath until op Sagawa is dead and now I'm all alone.

This ending kind of feels like an asspull as well. Even tho the final scene with the blond girl was literally show in ep 1 before the op played, it still feels like a bs way to just get out free. Especially because it's like she just stumbled into her.

But I mean show was decent. Pretty thrilling at times. Esp early on. Some really annoy stuff tho. The Dad was just a bad character.
Jun 18, 2022 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
This series was a curious case. I think it's the strongest nro. 7 that I've ever watched.

There was nothing really bad, nothing exceptionally good. I sort of liked the family and their dynamics, but at the same time things felt a bit shallow and actions / reactions between people were somewhat disjointed. One particular moment comes to mind as when the father's fingers were cut off and Juri is like "big deal, take these fingers and get help in the real world" as she jellyfish-punches the living shit out of him. I don't know about you, but if I saw my family being mutilated I'd be a lot more worried. Same goes for other moments in the series such as the father going straight up Otoya Yamaguchi on Sagawa and the nonchalant reaction of grandpa / Juri to their father slicing up a (mostly) human being.

Conflicted about the ending. At the same time, it really isn't an asspull as it was shown in the very first episode what was about to go down. But then they blast all this information in the way of "by the way, my husband caught these jellyfish and made a fucking rock that controls the Stasis entryway. Also, I'm something of a time god who was born with one of these jellyfish and the true cause for this butterfly effect. Further explanations? Uh-oh, fuck no, time for you to go!".

I think it was mentioned that the time-stopping stones were built from eyes of Spectres, but that just makes me wonder how humans could handle them in the first place. Probably the lady Founder using her inborn Spectre to guide / handle the others? Which brings to question how the first Spectre even ended up inside her.

Then again, the majority of this show was well told and visually a treat. Sagawa was an interesting villain, despite the inevitable brain hurricane-cocoon-reborn-as-a-baby-moment. Yet his sob story of dad fucking cultists was a bit overblown in his reaction (though perhaps justified, as he was indoctrinated from a baby into the cult and therefore his whole world was built upon this BS about a fake religion etc.). Seems like it was also just forgotten that his dream was to see the death and birth of the universe or something along those lines.

I feel this show could break into the 8's easily if the ending wasn't so confusing and somewhat lazy world-building-wise. Feels like the author felt that they wrote themselves into a corner with no way to get Juri out, so they used this thing (the woman and the Herald touching her) from the beginning as an ace in the hole to use when some rule-bending needed to be done. As in that it wasn't planned as such from the beginning. But if that was the case, why couldn't Juri just learn to control her Herald abilities with time and then exit Stasis at will? That was a clear non-asspull kind of way her situation could've been sorted. Why the need for this whole Founder shebang at all? All I can think of is that you probably need to be as emotionally dead as Sagawa, purely logical, in order to master those powers. I know that Heralds are made from weak-willed people and Juri felt like she lost her goal, but that is a bit shaky in my opinion. Doesn't she have a clear goal even after expelling baby Sagawa and her family? You know, to master her powers and get out of Stasis? Her giving up at that point felt a bit weird. You'd think she would try even harder now that she's alone and wants to get back to her family as fast as possible, yet we saw practically no Herald training from her at all.

Guess the author's intent and lesson, in the end, was that no one should have the power of Stasis and therefore it was of the most sound logic that none besides the original Founder could travel there; hence the lack of further explanations and quick expelling of Juri.

By this wall of text, I come to the conclusion that if this was a completely bad show I wouldn't be inclined to write such an essay on it at all. Therefore a seven is perfect for it; there is clearly thought, intent and a deliberate attempt behind the series, but it falls short of the expectations it sets for itself.
mertsiJun 18, 2022 11:04 AM
uh oh!
Aug 22, 2022 9:18 PM

Sep 2020
Amazing series! I liked the unique plot and how a little bit more of the mysteries are revealed each episode. I had expected it to be more violent and bloody, though.

I had totally forgot about the woman in the 1st episode until almost the end. I forgot what she looked like so I thought it was Juri in the future after she mastered her powers to escape and was haunted by specters trying to drag her back. Glad I was wrong because seeing the "founder" and having her reveal more details was even better. You can call it a deus ex if you want but I thought it was great way to circle back and end with a bang.

I also appreciated how Sagawa wasn't the typical "gonna destroy the humanity/world because F you all" villain. The man just wanted to sit back, see what the future holds, and witness the end of the universe. Very noble goals.

And I didn't realize Umetsu did the designs. I thought it all looked familiar and now I can't unsee Juri as Mikura from Mezzo Forte. Especially with that hot ED

9/10

But I've never seen so many terrible takes and whoosh-over-the-head complaints before. Look at the most popular negative review alone, just makes me want to punch a baby Sagawa with how much info that person apparently glossed over to not have been able to piece simple things together. Nearly everything was self-explanatory or easily inferred from the show.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Aug 22, 2022 9:52 PM

Sep 2020
mertsi said:
One particular moment comes to mind as when the father's fingers were cut off and Juri is like "big deal, take these fingers and get help in the real world" as she jellyfish-punches the living shit out of him. I don't know about you, but if I saw my family being mutilated I'd be a lot more worried. Same goes for other moments in the series such as the father going straight up Otoya Yamaguchi on Sagawa and the nonchalant reaction of grandpa / Juri to their father slicing up a (mostly) human being.

Juri was coolheaded enough to put him out immediately, otherwise he would bleed all over the place and his fingers wouldn't be fresh enough for re-attachment. That's what a strong-willed person does.

As for the father stabbing Sagawa, everyone was just in stunned shock that it happened. Very reasonable response to an unexpected event. Sure, they weren't exactly wanting to kill him at first but he had to go one way or another, and it wasn't that gruesome either.

Conflicted about the ending. At the same time, it really isn't an asspull as it was shown in the very first episode what was about to go down. But then they blast all this information in the way of "by the way, my husband caught these jellyfish and made a fucking rock that controls the Stasis entryway. Also, I'm something of a time god who was born with one of these jellyfish and the true cause for this butterfly effect. Further explanations? Uh-oh, fuck no, time for you to go!".

I'm not sure what more you needed, they answered the most critical questions:

1. Was the founder a real person or made up (as well as the sacred texts)? - Real but the texts were exaggerated (like most religions probably are)
2. If the founder was real, how did she get her powers? - Born with the jellyfish. Who cares how/why, don't really need an origin story
3. Where did the stones come from? - Husband made them, who cares how since it won't change anything
4. How did the Yukawa family come into possession of it? - Husband gave it to their ancestors

Then again, the majority of this show was well told and visually a treat. Sagawa was an interesting villain, despite the inevitable brain hurricane-cocoon-reborn-as-a-baby-moment. Yet his sob story of dad fucking cultists was a bit overblown in his reaction (though perhaps justified, as he was indoctrinated from a baby into the cult and therefore his whole world was built upon this BS about a fake religion etc.). Seems like it was also just forgotten that his dream was to see the death and birth of the universe or something along those lines.

He just admired his dad a lot and catching him having that affair broke that perfect hero ideal, which would be huge trauma for a kid. Same thing with his best friend wanting to use the group to become rich rather than using it for altruistic means. He was tired of the hypocrisy but I don't think he really hated anybody. He just wanted to leave this twisted world behind but satisfy the age-old curiosity of seeing the end of the universe. His somewhat cruel methods were just a means to an end.

Having lost all his energy to remain in control, he went into the crystal cocoon and tried getting energy from the threads, otherwise his dreams were done. He may have been able to recover eventually, but who has time for that? I think deep down, he really just wanted to redo his childhood again, which is where his whole trauma started. Juri did just that, wiped him clean so he became a baby. Some people say it's a cheap cop out for a bad guy, but l didn't feel he was that bad, simply a little misguided. He didn't want to destroy the world or anything, only sit back and watch it end naturally.

Juri raising baby Sagawa is also a call back to her sister who took a lot of flak for running off with some unknown man, getting pregnant, and becoming a single mom.

I feel this show could break into the 8's easily if the ending wasn't so confusing and somewhat lazy world-building-wise. Feels like the author felt that they wrote themselves into a corner with no way to get Juri out, so they used this thing (the woman and the Herald touching her) from the beginning as an ace in the hole to use when some rule-bending needed to be done. As in that it wasn't planned as such from the beginning. But if that was the case, why couldn't Juri just learn to control her Herald abilities with time and then exit Stasis at will? That was a clear non-asspull kind of way her situation could've been sorted. Why the need for this whole Founder shebang at all? All I can think of is that you probably need to be as emotionally dead as Sagawa, purely logical, in order to master those powers. I know that Heralds are made from weak-willed people and Juri felt like she lost her goal, but that is a bit shaky in my opinion. Doesn't she have a clear goal even after expelling baby Sagawa and her family? You know, to master her powers and get out of Stasis? Her giving up at that point felt a bit weird. You'd think she would try even harder now that she's alone and wants to get back to her family as fast as possible, yet we saw practically no Herald training from her at all.

After she sent the kid back, she basically lost all purpose for being there. Her goal was to get back home but without that anchor she was going to lose focus fast. She was trapped in perpetual daylight with nothing to do. How long would you expect to "train" without any clear teachings, human interaction, or recreational activities? Pretty amazing that she went on as far as she did in the first place.

What kind of training could she do anyway? All they knew was being strong-willed enough to keep the jellyfish in check, which she was already doing. Maybe affirmations and meditations I guess, but once again how long could she keep that focus?

There were only 3 ways this could've ended:

1. Someone/something saves Juri - happy ending but having some rando show up would've been terrible, just the same as if he found a hidden portal in one of her neighbor's closets. So many complaints about "asspulls" and this would be the worst of them

2. Juri gains the power to save herself - but who knows how long it would've taken to master the abilities and exit stasis? Potentially she could've ended up an old woman by the time she figured it all out, which would be a fair but tragic ending.

3. Juri never gains power and is trapped forever, or the ending is purposely left open - so we either see her dead/dying, become a Herald after losing the will to go on, or simply watch her stand there and fade to black. All of those are fair but unsatisfying.

Having the founder save her is the only logical and reasonable way: she's a key figure of the story, she naturally has the necessary powers, and it ends on a high note.
SlammyHammyAug 22, 2022 9:57 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Aug 22, 2022 11:22 PM

Jun 2015
SlammyHammy said:

There were only 3 ways this could've ended:

1. Someone/something saves Juri - happy ending but having some rando show up would've been terrible, just the same as if he found a hidden portal in one of her neighbor's closets. So many complaints about "asspulls" and this would be the worst of them

2. Juri gains the power to save herself - but who knows how long it would've taken to master the abilities and exit stasis? Potentially she could've ended up an old woman by the time she figured it all out, which would be a fair but tragic ending.

3. Juri never gains power and is trapped forever, or the ending is purposely left open - so we either see her dead/dying, become a Herald after losing the will to go on, or simply watch her stand there and fade to black. All of those are fair but unsatisfying.

Having the founder save her is the only logical and reasonable way: she's a key figure of the story, she naturally has the necessary powers, and it ends on a high note.

Fair points (considering your whole post), but personally I’d have prefered the second option here as it’d cement the notion about her being strong-willed as well. Ending on a high note is not a must, rather a preference, and yet it’d be just a tad bittersweet (meaning not wholly tragic) as she would have likely aged.

Also, calling back to defining her as strong-willed seeing her family member lose a part of their body yet being shocked at them killing someone to save them in a dog-eats-dog world seems slightly conflicting. Guess that one comes down to personal ideals.

Secondly she was straight up told that by training her powers, it’d possible that she could exit and enter Statis at will. Not a far-fetched idea, especially (if I remember correctly) as it was suggested by the very intelligent Sagawa. What that training includes is left to the viewer’s imagination, probably meditation, focus etc. as forementioned by you.

What comes to imbuing the jellyfish essence into time stones, I’d like to have known more than simply being told that yeah, it’s a thing now.
uh oh!
Aug 23, 2022 7:36 PM

Sep 2020
mertsi said:

Fair points (considering your whole post), but personally I’d have prefered the second option here as it’d cement the notion about her being strong-willed as well. Ending on a high note is not a must, rather a preference, and yet it’d be just a tad bittersweet (meaning not wholly tragic) as she would have likely aged.

True, the endings come down to personal preference. All those aren't bad endings to me, and I honestly would've accepted any they had put out. But I aprreciate this happier one.

Also, calling back to defining her as strong-willed seeing her family member lose a part of their body yet being shocked at them killing someone to save them in a dog-eats-dog world seems slightly conflicting. Guess that one comes down to personal ideals.

I don't see the 2 reactions contradicting each other. One was her father, someone she actually knew and cared for. Sagawa, on the other hand, meant nothing to them and they were actively trying to take him down, so it's not expected to have the same emotional impact even if they weren't planning on straight murder.

It's like watching a video of something bad happening to someone: If it's someone you knew then you'd most likely be sympathetic for long time. But if it's a stranger, you'll feel sad for a minute and then go about the rest of your day.

Secondly she was straight up told that by training her powers, it’d possible that she could exit and enter Statis at will. Not a far-fetched idea, especially (if I remember correctly) as it was suggested by the very intelligent Sagawa. What that training includes is left to the viewer’s imagination, probably meditation, focus etc. as forementioned by you.

Sagawa already had a lifetime of determination and focus for what he wanted, which allowed him to gain a hold of his powers so fast. Juri was pretty much starting from zero, and with no one else around she was losing strength.

You also have to take into account that Sagawa's wild transformations were the only things she knew from that control, so she may have been hesitant to have to go through all that just to return home a monster. And like you said, maybe she had to be as stone cold as Sagawa and lose some of her humanity to pull it off, which goes against her character.

What comes to imbuing the jellyfish essence into time stones, I’d like to have known more than simply being told that yeah, it’s a thing now.

I still don't see how knowing that adds anything more. Neat detail but wholly unnecessary to the story as presented since it won't be of use to anybody (basically going against the principle of "Chekhov's gun"). Just like the how the founder was born with the jellyfish, it's not really something they have to expand upon unless there's a sequel or prequel involving her since this story is complete without it. Knowing that that is where she got her powers from is all we need since that satisfies the original mystery of how all this Stasis stuff in the first place. We don't really need to know what the jellyfish are or where they come from - some things just need to be taken for granted and move on (especially in a fanstasy setting).

It's possible that Juri could've used that knowledge to make a stone and free herself but then, once again, she would've had to magically stumble upon it somehow (another asspull since you would assume Sagawa would've had found it first if that record actually existed given his greater resources).
Oct 16, 2022 3:46 PM

May 2018
The show, er... ended, I guess. Pretty disappointing overall tbh, the blonde girl reveal was a complete cop-out to the problem at hand.

Also I wonder if blue haired girl gets paired up with baseball guy xD

5/10
Nov 30, 2022 1:35 PM
Feb 2022
Very nice ending, missing a few explanations but still worth the watch and does leave it up for imagination which I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, very underrated anime and does not deserve the hate imo
Jul 9, 2023 6:29 AM
Aug 2012
decent final eposode/ Overall not a bad show for me
Aug 11, 2023 10:02 PM
Feb 2021
tiene un final raro hermano
Nov 20, 2023 12:49 AM

Oct 2022
Its a good anime with a weak ending, the pace was too slow in some parts
Oct 13, 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
Les forces de la gentillesse et du mélite
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

67 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

54 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

61 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

45 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2018

51 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.