Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2023 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
Gotta love Sei's selfless nature and her desire to help a person in need, no matter how difficult the task may be. That disease or whatever may not be easy to cure but Sei has a work ethic that pushes her to get the job done.

This episode was alright, nothing changed much about Sei's character but it's obvious she wants to help people.
Nov 7, 2023 7:33 AM
Sep 2015
I kinda expect Sei to go big, like go to treat the prince's mother directly in another country and encounter a dragon or something.
Nov 7, 2023 7:45 AM

Dec 2021
Whenever Sei faces trouble, Hawke is always there to lend a helping hand.

Ten'yuu, guided by the hint from the potion Ceyran had obtained, searches for a proficient alchemist to heal his mother, afflicted by an untreatable ailment. Yet, even with a top-tier potion, there's no assurance of a complete cure. Understanding the gravity of the situation, Sei endeavors to craft a universal remedy.

Sae certainly found herself in a precarious situation with Ten'yuu. A single misstep could potentially lead to an international incident. It's quite amusing that the remedy for this ailment was discovered during Sei and Hawke's quaint tea gathering. It's always nice to see those two together.

Maybe one day we'll know if the panacea worked in the end for Ten'yuu. Hopefully it did.
IzanaSolosNov 7, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 7, 2023 8:41 AM

Apr 2016
I would totally would like to see an arc in which some kind of a royal delegation is sent to the China land, along with our dear Sei as some kind of an envoy or something. It would certainly be a nice addition to the worldbuilding, thats for sure.
Nov 7, 2023 9:01 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the dilema that Sei ended up with though. Still it's nice seeing her get permission to create something that might aid the princes mother. Apple honey sure sounds nice. But wow that sure led to a pretty magical moment that allowed Sei to grow an apple tree in record time. In the end im glad that Sei was able to create the potion that would hopefully cure the prince's mother of her illness. It would be nice to see the prince return one day and tell us of its results.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2023 11:15 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice, the prince's issue with his mother is already resolved, hopefully the medication will work
Nov 7, 2023 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
"Sei you are the worst liar ever" - Tenyuu

A bit of a shame that Sei didn't go there yet, that sounds like a fun side adventure, probably in the future.
Nov 7, 2023 3:34 PM
Mar 2021
He knows, The Prince knows it's Sei 😙
Nov 7, 2023 4:18 PM
May 2017
Very good episode! What seems to be... is. KISS, is not it?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 7, 2023 9:10 PM
Mar 2015
Sei was able to produce a panacea to deal with status conditions Hopefully it will he cure the prince's mother
Nov 7, 2023 10:37 PM
Oct 2019
The beginning scene caught me off guard, i thought i was watching The Apothecary Diaries 🤣

Hawke did it again, indirectly save Sei.

When the King give the Panacea to Ten'yuu it got me emotional.

Wholesome ending, everyone is happy.
Nov 8, 2023 12:11 PM
Mar 2021
Decent episode, a little more slow pace than usual.
I wonder if we'll get a moment where the prince will have to reciprocate the kingdoms' goodwill, in this season.
I guess honey is another one of those Japanese tropes that seem to cure all. I've seen Rimuru use it twice to cure cursed people. Here it seems to be an ingredient for a Panacea
Nov 8, 2023 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
This episode is so bittersweet... 🥰🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 8, 2023 9:50 PM
Aug 2020
Did Sei not realize that Hawke basically invited her to meet his parents?
Nov 9, 2023 3:32 AM
Sep 2016
so.... bannou means panacea, huh!? Seijo (Saintess) no Maryoku (Magic Power) wa Bannou (Panacea) desu.... And that's how we got the title.

Along with the Philosopher's Stone, which can turn stone to gold, the panacea (cure-all) is one of alchemists' holy grail research in the past (in our history). And the fact that alchemy is now considered pseudo-science, and gave birth to modern sciences (especially chemistry) instead, I highly doubt a simple honey being the key to panacea.... In a sense that when even the most briliant scientists today still can't find a way to make quatumn mechanics work together with general relativity, I highly doubt 42 is the answer.... (It's an anime, Dude, what are you talking about!?)
uncleqrowNov 9, 2023 3:46 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Nov 9, 2023 3:52 AM

Feb 2021
Hopefully, it can truly cure his mother.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 9, 2023 5:46 AM
Apr 2023
Finally something happened and Sei got the breakthrough she needed.
I hope it works well and gets Tenyuu's mother cured.
Nov 9, 2023 5:06 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
That was a very smart way in handling all that situation, they not only helped the Prince, but Sei's identity was safeguarded completely, even tho I'm 100% sure that the Prince might have a funky hunch about Sei... either way, this was a win-win situation, so I hope we get to see how the mother recovers later on.
Nov 10, 2023 3:12 AM
Feb 2022
KanameYuuki said:
"Sei you are the worst liar ever" - Tenyuu

A bit of a shame that Sei didn't go there yet, that sounds like a fun side adventure, probably in the future.

Tenyuu: "You make up the stupidest lies"

I miss that one...
Nov 12, 2023 2:22 AM
Dec 2022
Sei and Hawke should just get engaged and married already.
Nov 14, 2023 2:40 PM

Feb 2012
So it was his mother he was seeking a potion for. The King and other officials get involved to have the prince receive the much-needed potions without spilling their national secret.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 14, 2023 5:28 PM

Feb 2019
of course he knew who was behind the potion; the prince wasn't born yesterday, ya know? lol
Nov 19, 2023 4:28 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to SayonaraSuckas
I wonder if we'll get a moment where the prince will have to reciprocate the kingdoms' goodwill, in this season.
I guess honey is another one of those Japanese tropes that seem to cure all. I've seen Rimuru use it twice to cure cursed people. Here it seems to be an ingredient for a Panacea
SayonaraSuckas said:

Slow?
She literally made a cure-all-diseases potion in half an episode
Nov 23, 2023 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
So Ten'yuu comes from a Chinese family, being the somewhat oddball of the family who's interested in medicine and not politics.

Ten'yuu's mother wanting him to find his own happiness, which he indicates as wanting to see his mother recover well. This is the exact news that he heard and finding Sei to be the alchemist that they wanted to find to help out, he absolutely needs her to do the examination to make a potion to cure all of her ailments. But Sei is not a superhuman, so she can't exactly do as he desires: creating a panacea. But just as equal as Sei is of importance to Salutania, politics will play a part into lending the potion panacea, however, she is allowed to experiment in her own time, which is still good. Asking Corinne about this, and though Sei couldn't find any answers, at least she did not hit a brick wall. Even though Ten'yuu's overseas study is for a year, his mother's condition is worsening each day, so he might not stay for much longer.

As promised, Hawke came back from his parents' place to meet Sei first, bringing her honey from his domain. The apple blossom-flavoured honey helps in rejuvenating tea, and this gives the idea of honey being the non-medicinal element to add to medicinal herbs to create the panacea. Of course, when Sei has to perform her magic, it's always kept out of sight, and the apple tree is also another element useful to the panacea. And when this is brought to Ten'yuu via His Majesty Siegfried, this is the token of friendship between two nations.

Hope that Ten'yuu and his mother would come back again.
Nov 29, 2023 4:22 AM
Jul 2021
This episode showed us all why living in a matriarchal society will suck and be really dangerous and ultimately will lead to the destruction of said society.

Just like in RL doing things with your heart & feelings instead of your brain leads to weak leadership.

The creep was a straight up spy, trying to learn secrets related to a great alchemist of yours, rather than simply asking for help through proper channels. You reward that disgusting behavior with arguably priceless potions? lmfao I wouldn't wanna be in their weak nation that will fall quickly from soft hearted and slow leadership. Just like in RL, were we find our self in a time and place where certain kind of ppl can't even know which bathroom to use.

Lying, scheming and stalking a woman, while skulking around and spying is indicative of "integrity"? XD The king should get rid of those idiots who were tricked. And give Sei an ear piece and lock her up in a tower or something for a month.

Giving out state secrets 'cause "ma feelings" bro get out of here!

This was a subpar episode, even if they introduced honey tea and a cool magical tree. Hopefully they don't bring back that creeper spy boy.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jan 2, 8:56 PM

Nov 2009
[forgot to finish watching this series, lol]

But... for Sei to make a potion that can cure all from her own powers requires permission from the royals... feels kinda restricting huh.

Only good part is they allow Sei to mostly do what she wants to do. But only cause they want to keep Sei as their "national secret".

BTW... couldn't they have tested out the all-cure potion before giving it to the Prince? what if it doesn't actually work? LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*

More topics from this board

» worth watching?

Kitsune_089 - Oct 8

5 by DarkNekoJin »»
Oct 10, 4:06 PM

» Do you think this will get a season 3?

sweetlvr4u - Dec 19, 2023

18 by Tina_ackerman »»
Sep 25, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

108 by DesolatePsyche »»
Aug 6, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2023

39 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 19, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2023

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jul 1, 7:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.