Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2023 3:14 PM
Dec 2022
This anime is everything for a guy like me!!! I may not have had the same experiences as Rentaro, but I (Along with others guys) can relate to his desire for a girlfriend. His first meeting 2 of his 100 soulmates was hysterical, Karane is a hardcore tsundere and Hakari is a hidden pervert, two popular character types, and they fit those rolls perfectly I couldn't stop laughing!!! I admire that the two girls spent all day at the courtyard finding those four-leafed clovers, that shows commitment, but the deal breaking was know that if Rentaro dates one of the girls the other dies, even tv messes with gods! As someone who's watching "Girlfriend Girlfriend" I would've expected Rentaro to ask Hakari and Kurane to be two-timed, and may I ask, how is this anime funnier than Girlfriend Girlfriend??🤣🤣🤣
Oct 8, 2023 3:29 PM
Aug 2020
the plot is original and the episode was fun to watch
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 8, 2023 3:29 PM

Jul 2015
Banger start, looks like my favorite harem is in great hands, you love to see it!
Oct 8, 2023 4:11 PM
Feb 2021
This shit was so funny. Girlfriend Girlfriend if it was actually good.
Oct 8, 2023 4:15 PM
Aug 2018
If this doesn't get 5+ seasons imma riot xD
Oct 8, 2023 4:36 PM

Feb 2020
NOW THIS IS LOOKING TO BE A GODAMN MASTERPIECE IN THE MAKING

EAGERLY AWAITING WHAT IS IN STORE FOR THIS LUCKY SON OF A BITCH BLESSED BY THE GOD OF LOVE (on accident) OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH YESS!!!

Oct 8, 2023 4:57 PM

Feb 2018
What's better than a normal harem? A mega harem with 100 girls lmfao.

Tbh, I was kinda uninterested when I barely read the first few pages of the manga ages ago coz I thought the plot was dumb. Now I've randomly decided to give the anime a go and so far it's actually not bad. The anime looks kinda wild and stupid in a good way lmao. The art and animation looks pretty good too. The first episode so far looks great, hoping it stays that way lol.

It definitely feels like it'll become more and more chaotic as more girls join in, 100 girls feels like too much lmao. Welp, let's see how our MC will handle all the girls he meets in the bizarre situations he's in.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Oct 8, 2023 4:59 PM
May 2022
Man what a first episode. Looking to be the funniest anime of the year that I’ve seen.
Oct 8, 2023 5:01 PM
Jul 2021
This is literally my type of humor.

I havent laughed this hard since i watched Keijo for the first time, and that was in late 2020
Oct 8, 2023 5:25 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
I was worried about things, even though I knew the studio was putting their all into the promotion and anime, but knowing Bilbury's often 50/50 good/iffy adaptations, but none of it was present in this premiere, and they even added anime only scenes to it, to my greater surprise! 10/10 adaptation so far, really hope they can keep this stellar quality as this is my favorite manga series of all times and its just too good of a series to be allowed to be ruined by crappy animation!X'39
Oct 8, 2023 5:49 PM
Oct 2023
big tiddy ladys got acting unwise
Oct 8, 2023 6:06 PM
Jan 2017
Simply incredible, I found it quite fun and with a very interesting proposal.
Oct 8, 2023 6:07 PM

Jun 2019
The can volume scene was so funny lol. I didn't expect that.
Oct 8, 2023 6:22 PM

Jan 2021
An absolute slam dunk of a premiere, and a fantastic episode. It was funny, I really like the colors, and the characters look great (especially the details on Hanazono if you know what I mean). I also went on blush overload this episode, as the amount of blushing was insane. Inda also made me fall in love with tsundere's all over again, and also made me realize I haven't watched anything with a good tsundere in a while. It's only episode one, and I'm sure the other 98 girls have their own charms, but Inda is my personal best girl.

Oct 8, 2023 7:45 PM

Dec 2016
Sooo, it's like Girlfriend Girlfriend, but the characters don't have an extra chromosome, the art is a lot more eye pleasing and the comedy actually hits the spot with the 4th wall jokes.
Oct 8, 2023 7:52 PM

Jun 2016
Was not expecting that from Bibury. Honestly one of the best first episodes I've seen in a while

Really interesting they spent that much screen time the first confession and Friend A....

Also Karane best girl
Oct 8, 2023 7:53 PM
Dec 2020
@lamaraptor Ironically, Redditors think they can make a better subs than official localization teams.
Oct 8, 2023 7:54 PM

Nov 2014
It does a lot of things right in the comedy. It also does well to poke fun at the tropes as a parody, but besides the love god, I would like better characters. The main character and the 2 girls were really generic, I hope they actually expand on them more or the other characters are better

Exceeded my expectations at least, was taking a look to see what the fuss is about given the uninspiring synopsis. I can see why people would like this
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 8, 2023 8:00 PM
Jul 2021
BurningSpirit said:
It does a lot of things right in the comedy. It also does well to poke fun at the tropes as a parody, but besides the love god, I would like better characters. The main character and the 2 girls were really generic, I hope they actually expand on them more or the other characters are better

Exceeded my expectations at least, was taking a look to see what the fuss is about given the uninspiring synopsis. I can see why people would like this

the girls in this series makes fun of tropes that we see in romance and anime/manga in general, but they are anything but generic. the girls get weirder and weirder in the future as the author get creative with their personalities lol.
Oct 8, 2023 8:51 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
The comedy in this show got me. I'm hooked. This is the new generation romcom!

Fuutarou: 5
Rentarou: 100

GG!
Oct 8, 2023 9:01 PM
Sep 2023
Is This Suppose To Be Girlfriend, Girlfriend A Different Universe ?
Oct 8, 2023 9:43 PM
Mar 2015
only 98 soulmates to go
Oct 8, 2023 9:44 PM

Apr 2023
The ED seems like this season is only going to introduce five girls...I wonder how the author feels about designing 100 different girls lol
Oct 8, 2023 9:48 PM
Aug 2020
On the whole I really liked this first episode. It was everything I have hoped for and more.

One issue I had with the episode was that the subtitles felt off in a few places. Like they were trying too hard, especially in the scene with Friend A.
Oct 8, 2023 9:48 PM

Apr 2023
P.S. that black hair one in the ED looks like Maho-tan in SG0...even her height seems the same lmao
Oct 8, 2023 10:29 PM

Jan 2020
Why do people love this so much? It didn’t seem crazy good like you guys hyped it up to be, just fine. What’s so great about Rentarou? I know I’m going to hate the yuri in this but I’m only watching because people hype up the mc. Please enlighten me.
Oct 8, 2023 10:51 PM
May 2023
ARE YOU GOING TO 100TIME RENTARO???
Oct 8, 2023 11:05 PM
Oct 2020
You can see this is a top-tier harem anime when the MC himself has more favorites than the girls
Oct 8, 2023 11:16 PM
Jan 2013
"Shonen Jump's"grandest answer to twgok/kaminomi and it shows!

Oct 8, 2023 11:45 PM

May 2021
peak is finally here!!!! this shit is so funny, had me giggling fr. the god of gigachads himself, chadtaro, will bless us with peak PEAK harem content.

love how they embraced the fourth wall breaks, makes it even funnier. the animation, voice acting and overall comedy were so good that, it can (and will) easily be one of the best comedy anime ever. all of the girls are so goated, cute and funny but hanazono and inda hit different.

Oct 8, 2023 11:52 PM
Feb 2020
PEAK HAS ARRIVED!!!! I can't remember when exactly I started reading the manga but it was definitely during some of the early chapters. I have been in love with this story for the past few years and I have loved reading it every week that it comes out. And now, I can't wait to see each new episode when it comes out. No matter how this anime goes, I will be there the whole way through.
firetruck137Oct 9, 2023 12:00 AM
Oct 9, 2023 12:04 AM
Jul 2021
not usually a fan of harem genre but this is really good and very fun to watch with the comedy too, male mc seems likable also is a huge plus in these types of show. I hope the future episodes keep this immaculate vibe for now
Oct 9, 2023 12:06 AM
Apr 2018
And so begins rentaros unprecedented harem life.

I just started reading the manga recently, so hyped with adaptation. This is gonna be my romcom of the season for sure.

Rentaro is a really straightforward wholesome guy and glad his luck with romance turned around. Especially how he has 100 failures and even his friend was kinda making fun of him.

We have a tsundere girl inda and a bold lustful girl hanazono. Kind of a good mix tbh and the tsundere confessing and going into a relationship on the first epsiode is already a trope breaker plus two girls entering into a polygamy relationship willingly is on another level but why not if its a guy like rentaro whos really loving and treats them equally with respect. My man deserves it.

The god is hillarious with his tropes, antics and explanation plus the expressions are too good. Plus we have various anime references like tokyo ghoul and laputa etc.

The animation and designs are really good. Vibrant colors, the character designs, sound effects. Bibury animations have done well so far as they had done gotuben and can see & feel the similar vibes as well with the setting of the series.

The ED sweet sign was adorable with the Chibi version of the girls doing cutesy stuff. Overall great start and i am hyped for this cant wait to meet the other 98 girls but i doubt we are getting them all this season mostly 5 with what they have shown in the trailer and ending so far. Still this show will be one of the bangers this season for sure.
Oct 9, 2023 12:42 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
If watching Laputa, Castle in the Sky was the reason why the Love God ended up giving 100 soulmates to Rentarou, it must not be that bad.

Nice first episode, I was laughing like crazy. I also love shows that mess with the fourth wall.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 9, 2023 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
Bro just conquered 2 girls in an episode, this has to be the true harem we longed for.
Oct 9, 2023 12:47 AM

Feb 2016
I'm not into harem stories for many reasons, but I've seen a lot of people say the manga is peak, and the plot reminds me a lot of Gal Gun but with actual dating instead of pheromone shooting, so I decided to give this a try and it is awesome, really fun, every love story where a goofy God is involved is always a blast lol

btw for what I saw here, Hanazono >>>>>>> Inda any day, Hanazono is beautiful, cute, and (yes) very thicc, also she was the very 1st person ever to confess to Rentaro so that makes her really important. Inda is just a basic tsundere, I'm sorry but when someone tells me I'm fkng trash as a way to show her affection I don't get turn on at all, have some respect lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Oct 9, 2023 12:49 AM
Oct 2014
absolutely love this. I've heard this is one of the most looked forward to animes this year its hilarious I loved the ed song and can't wait for the op next week. from the ed visuals looks like 5 main girls
Oct 9, 2023 1:50 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Sort by: "Score"

wait, what is this generic-looking rom-com doing as the current 4th-highest-rated anime of the season

*watches first episode*

Ah, it's because it slaps hard.

Only thing is, for now at least, this is going to be more like "the FIVE girlfriends who really love me". There's no way they'll actually create 100 unique characters with their own unique character designs, voice actresses, personalities, names, lines.... right??

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Oct 9, 2023 2:08 AM
Jun 2017
i wish i am rentaro right now... imagine girls are the one courting you and take note they are many... hahaha...
this first episode is so entertaining to watch, and because of i am going to watch this one
Oct 9, 2023 2:14 AM

Oct 2020
Love it! Off to a great start and I love things like saying episode 1 instead of chapter 1 like in the manga.
Oct 9, 2023 2:26 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to BetaMaleUltra
Sort by: "Score"

wait, what is this generic-looking rom-com doing as the current 4th-highest-rated anime of the season

*watches first episode*

Ah, it's because it slaps hard.

Only thing is, for now at least, this is going to be more like "the FIVE girlfriends who really love me". There's no way they'll actually create 100 unique characters with their own unique character designs, voice actresses, personalities, names, lines.... right??
@BetaMaleUltra They're at 25 in the manga and it's still fuckin awesome. Of course, I won't say anything about those girlfriends, but the author is clearly working hard to get to 100.
"Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Us Sonic fans are bitter clowns.
Oct 9, 2023 3:40 AM

Mar 2023
First episode definitely highlighted many things that will define the show I feel, the parodying of harem genre, the joke execution everything.
The art is also quite pretty and colorful, high hopes for this one
“Since when was this world so beautiful?” ~Yuuri (girl's last tour)
Oct 9, 2023 3:58 AM
Oct 2023
Karane voive actress did a great job, sadly Rentarou no :´( he act like a emotionless normal harem protagonist for me and not our Chadtarou who really really really x100 love his gfs.
Animation was great.
Oct 9, 2023 5:08 AM
Sep 2023
imagine how insane it would be if it reached 100 girlfriends lol
Oct 9, 2023 5:57 AM
Mar 2023
What a laugh the God of love had with the detail of the reference to Tokyo Ghoul and then another saying: "Although only the woman will know it at the moment it happens, while the man will process it over time." Apparently Rentarou will have to choose between all the available colors and flavors of the types of "dere", so it's going to be a joke from now on, 2/100. See you next week! :)
Oct 9, 2023 6:04 AM

Aug 2013
A not too bad looking harem, which is quite rare. First episode is solid.

Will continue to watch if its just comedy centred.
Oct 9, 2023 6:35 AM
Dec 2021
off to good start, I love the manga when it release (only reading the physical copies) so there was no way I'd miss the anime. I only hope if they include chapter 23 in this season. I wanna see kurumi and lku too
Oct 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Feb 2022
I struggled through the first episode. I can't understand the good ratings. It seems like a bad copy of Konojo mo Kanojo and this anime is already not a highlight. I dropped it right after the first episode.
Oct 9, 2023 7:29 AM
Aug 2023
Disappointed in the first episode, story and character development feel forced, and art style is borderline bad, and not a fan of slapstick.
Oct 9, 2023 7:41 AM
Aug 2010
Gonna be honest, it's fun, but as someone who has seen a lot of Rom Com Harem, why the hype? Is it cause more coming? Cause it sure seems pretty standard Rom Com Harem to me lol. Just a bit hentai in the sense that he actually gets more than 1 gf before the end of series.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

181 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

166 by ebiiwewok »»
Sep 25, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

205 by L0ken »»
Sep 16, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2023

192 by Milo980 »»
Sep 15, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

140 by Penguinu »»
Aug 24, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.