Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 26, 2023 7:56 AM
Jan 2022
SOLDRAKE said:
Actually I wanna know the secret of Oliver....like if he's a member of secret organisation or not.... currently Oliver looks quite ordinary
You'll find out in a few episodes.
Jul 26, 2023 1:42 PM
Apr 2020
what is wrong with this MC smh , im going to drop this serie bc of this MC is so annoying
Jul 28, 2023 12:10 AM

Oct 2020
Not gonna lie, a bit nervous to see how anime only folks took to seeing and hearing Nanao’s backstory and what’s been informing her actions these last two episodes. Again, I applaud JC Staff for not cutting away too much but a lot of what made the scenes depicting the last war she fought in was those long narration bits that described the atmosphere of the battle. Given how anime fans react to rushed backstories and having been that kind of fan myself I hope those not in the know aren’t ripping her backstory to shreds.

Funnily, this and last episode are all still just chapter 2. It’s a long one and I’m glad they’re really taking their time with book one.
Jul 28, 2023 11:18 PM

Jul 2017
Ophella and Cyrus surrounding Oliver, Michela and Pete, the upperclassmen have them all surrounded, and what's Nanao doing with them?

Nanao clearly understanding the feud between Scavenger Cyrus and Succubus Ophelia, and just when Oliver wants to reel into the fight, the Purgatory student body head of Alvin Godfrey and 5th Year head prefect Carlos Withrow stopped their battle, because they got lost too. Oliver isn't happy with what Nanao was doing, knowing that this would lead to self-suicide, though her reasoning is that she already faced a battle ahead of her, killing lives back in Azia against a rival clan, though is interrupted by some Western sorcerer who brought her to his land, at the behest of her own shiawase a.k.a happiness. The life that she ought to live by, it's through Oliver that she senses her real objective of trying to at least attempt to kill him, though it's about time to find a place to live, than one to die, which Kimberly has seen its fair shares of death. Everyone is here for her support, and Nanao's destiny is changed for the better, other than falling in love with Oliver's blade, and himself.

Nanao is dense about things like love and romance, though this is for the best to move on from her traumatic episode. Finally, the spellblade concept is raised, and 6 are known of existence and always has been ever since, though these invincible sword arts are of immaculate secrecy. As expected, Richard still wants to duel against Oliver, though Nanao senses his intentions of not wanting to go full against him. Of course, Michela understands Richard because of the comparisons between them since young, and Katie is out again to save the exact same troll from being mercilessly killed by Darius Grenville. The investigation of that is not done yet, though is stopped by fellow demi-human lover of 4th Year Vera Miligan.

Other than the concern of the conservatives vs. civil rights, Richard issuing a challenge to both Oliver and Nanao, the wannabe Draco Malfoy doesn't stop.
Aug 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Jan 2013
Good thing Professor Dumbledore and Mrs McGonicle saved the day when Snape was messing with Hermoine!
Aug 6, 2023 12:56 AM

Dec 2013
It was good to learn a little more about Nanao's backstory. Even if it feels a little harem-ish with her and Katie's reactions with Oliver.

Andrews really need to calm down...
Aug 9, 2023 8:03 PM
Oct 2019
this is awful. this samurai girl is truly a terrible character. none of these character interactions feel real; it's all some cheesy fake-feeling trash

"my shiawase"... yea, whatever
Aug 12, 2023 1:56 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Not digging Nanao's backstory but it was still hard to see her in so much distress over the situation.

Probably my least favourite episode so far. 
Aug 13, 2023 11:46 AM
Jan 2023
I feel like this one may have been rushed a little, but it was still an enjoyable episode.

Good animation as always. So far, Katie reminds me of Hermione (from Harry Potter), can't quite tell what it is though.
Aug 14, 2023 12:36 PM
Jan 2021
Garbage idk what they're making
the sudden duel in eps 2 kinda weird also like wtf is happening err they dont make me curious it just make me confuse
and there we go the eps 3 such a weird ass senior coming out to bullies some new student but for what? random good dude appearance making it more cringe
and after that the mc suddenly mad to nanao like stupid cause what she say before like bruh you dont even talk to her after duel and yet acting like errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i dropped this shit
Aug 14, 2023 8:44 PM

Aug 2019
I still feel kinda on the fence about this show. First off, man I did not like the whole first half of this episode. I thought the flashback into Nanao's past was kinda cool, more so when that sorcerer showed up, and yeah I think things did get better from there on, but it was just so boring to me. I kinda forced myself to keep going at that point really. I can't help but feel like the pacing just feels kinda off too
Sep 2, 2023 5:04 PM
Jul 2021
This wahmen strong, men weak b.s is getting annoying & out of hand and insulting at this point. Of course Nanao killed the "strongest fighter" of that clan, and she did it without any issues what so ever because I am strong and independent wahmen hear me roar.

This kind of message in a couple of years is going to back fire in a massive way once the little girls that have grow up watching & hearing this bullcr@p 24/7/365 will go into the real world and it slaps them silly. And I am going to be here ROFL when that takes place.

The level of propaganda this anime wields is beyond ridiculous! I am here to be entertained, not to be lectured about RL issues disguised has "Trolls and what not civil rights" b.s
DawizzSep 2, 2023 5:24 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 15, 2023 10:06 PM
Feb 2021
i dont like it lol it was bad
Sep 19, 2023 12:04 PM

Oct 2018
A flashback into the past, was honestly the better part of the episode. The action isn't bad but it looks generic overall.
Sep 19, 2023 1:29 PM

Jan 2012
Nanao is getting up close and personal with Oliver! Intimately so! And he doesn't mind it! And Katie's a little jealous! Meanwhile Guy and Pete are enjoying the heck out of it.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 20, 2023 5:25 AM
Nov 2018
Compared to previous episode this one was on a little mild side but it's still episode 3 and has potential to be super good
Sep 20, 2023 7:46 AM
Dec 2022
I'm 90% sure the succubus wasn't supposed to scream in pleasure when giving birth, also looking at how rushed this is it's not giving me hope for some of my favorite parts.
Sep 20, 2023 7:58 AM
Nov 2016
too many things happened in a short time . nanao's past story was not good. killing a warrior poet without knowing who he was. lol . katie's love for other animal is nice to watch. hope we will watch a great duel in next episode.
My Candies:
Sep 24, 2023 7:49 AM
Isekai

Oct 2017
Andrews sure is full of himself.
Sep 24, 2023 1:04 PM
May 2022
The sound design in this show is really good. The way the music builds with the scene into a final suspense grab, it’s actually deliberate and crafted for the scene instead of being a random appropriate track from the ost sprinkled in.
Oct 4, 2023 4:09 AM
Jun 2012
Harry Potter and the Spellblades stone begins.
Oct 8, 2023 4:04 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
This anime has a weird style. I'm not very fond of the way it tells its story. I actually like how the characters interact for the most part, but something about certain story points makes it feel like things are happening just for the sake of adding some type of dramatic tension. They've barely let anyone breathe in this regard either. It just feels like there's almost always some type of dramatic event about to unfold or already unfolding. Like everyone makes everything a big problem and it's a bit draining. Getting a book late at night? Here come some upperclassmen giving birth, threatening your life, and such. Someone's asking not to kill a troll? Let me cause her harm. Oliver and Nanao? Andrew says it's time to duel. I know they already pretty much said that being at the school is pretty much high stakes every day, but I swear it's like I hear dramatic, intense, impending doom/conflict-style or just straight up conflict/battle music so much in this anime-- you know the type. I am drained. I'll keep going, but it's just... a lot. I do find a nice comfort in whenever the squad is just hanging out talking about things normally, but those moments are few and far between. It's not even really that I feel there shouldn't be conflict, but it's just the specific way the writing decides to keep stacking their conflict almost one after another without much true rest in between that's kinda not really to my tastes. I understand that others like this style and that's fine. I just usually don't.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 14, 2023 9:11 AM
Apr 2013
EP 3

EP 15 just aired, meanwhile im still on ep 3. oh well, no big deal.

aaand that's the episode. so a less cliffhanger, looks we'll actually be getting the duel next time.
So far the content feels like it has been really sparse, ep 2 and 3 has been nanao and katie, and now we have this plot with andrews.
Its a strange feeling but honestly its not so bad, the cast is a leetle bit too big though so we havent actually gotten much. Like guy and pete barely had any lines, and we havent actually seen much.

EDIT: vera milligan is voiced by...kakuma ai? Well I guess I shoulda known.
CocoaGalaxyOct 14, 2023 9:24 AM
Nov 17, 2023 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
100% The senpai is the one who cursed Katie and the troll
Mar 3, 10:08 PM

Jun 2022
Nothing To Watch For , Just More New Characters When Already Had Enough .
Mar 3, 10:09 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to Jeevzsk
Bro all these characters are so unlikeable. I doubt the author has ever been in a conversation with people, or even has any friends
@Jeevzsk On Point Man !
Mar 3, 10:15 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to UnknownGhost5
A few words from the people she just met was all it took to rid Nanao of her suicidal thoughts? What the fuck? Has the author of this ever met another human being? Anyways the conversation that the main cast has feel really forced most of the time.

That Andrews guy wants to be Draco Malfoy so bad...
@UnknownGhost5 Facts Lmao !
Mar 17, 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
All 7 of them are not going to make it out of this show huh?

I don't trust that Vera....I got a bad feeling about her.
Mar 30, 11:27 PM
Aug 2023
And now Professor Snape shows up at the end of this episode, LMAO.

Oliver just grabs Nanao's collar and starts yelling at her out of nowhere, that's not going to make me like Oliver even more, in fact it makes his bland character even more unsympathetic.

I'm actually starting to dislike the main characters now, and want them to fail. Like I suspected last episode, I think I'm starting to root for the "bad guy" characters. Like that teacher who's a rip off of Professor Snape tazing Katie, yeah you go man...teach her a lesson for being a bleeding heart hypocrite (her family owns trolls as pets/slaves). That teacher brought up a great point of "will she take responsibility if this trolls kills somebody in the future?", and her pathetic response is it won't kill anybody as if she knows that troll or can tell the future. Obviously she's just saying anything to get her way, that troll already killed two doggies trying to protect everybody during the rampage. Imagine IRL if there was a situation where a pitbull was going to be put down because it bite people, and Katie saying "Nooooo, don't put it down, I know it won't bite anybody in the future", while she knows nothing about this particular pitbull. Freaking taz her again, too funny.
Apr 26, 10:17 AM

Dec 2022
Darius appears to have a point, as of right now anyway. Unless this troll can somehow understand and communicate in human languages, then there's no meaningful information anyone is going to get by keeping it alive. And if this troll somehow acquired a high degree of proficiency in human language, then why didn't it try and discuss anything during the parade, rather than rampaging around? Animals were, quite hilariously, put on trial and executed for completely inane reasons throughout the medieval and early-modern periods of human history that the setting of this anime is based off of — yet a rampant troll that nearly killed a student, and did kill two dogs is given the "innocent before proven guilty" treatment?

╔═══▣ ▣═══╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.