Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2009 6:39 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jul 5, 2009 1:34 AM

Mar 2009
Good episode. I'm liking this series, and the art is growing on me. I like the pacing, it's fast, but isn't choppy. It still develops everything, and doesn't seem random at all. Lol, at the General's nose after all those hornet stings!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 5, 2009 1:36 AM

Mar 2009
saintcross said:

That was just ridiculous!! Urahara Out!!
Jan 23, 2010 6:40 PM

Jan 2008
Don'cha think they would come to the conclusion that chasing the pheonix may not be such a good idea?
Feb 25, 2013 12:39 PM

Jul 2007
Wow this show is really something else. I am really enjoying this. The development and pacing for the story is perfect and all the characters strive off of the power of the phoenix in different ways, it really shows you how humans desire the need of this fire from the phoenix for good or evil. Men and women are corrupted by the power of this fire and in tern some people try to use this fire for the greater good of humanity. great stuff so far.I really don't know why this is rated G their are certain elements in this show that are just not for children such as slavery, violence, etc.

The themes presented in this series is just spectacular.
ArtimesGamerFeb 25, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 1, 2014 8:44 PM

Jul 2012
That nose licking was awks... Queen Himiko is a class A bitch. Hope she dies later on.

I'm surprised how quickly the main girl forgave the traitor guy and had...5 children LOL.

@Link9us: Me too!!

link9us said:
I really don't know why this is rated G their are certain elements in this show that are just not for children such as slavery, violence, etc.

WTF it's rated G? The first episode alone was at least 16+ just for that mass murder.
Dec 4, 2017 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
I guess that general was meant to be a sympathetic character. Well, how about nope, don't see why should I care about someone who only following orders killed the whole village, children included, just because he happened to save that one kid on a whim.

Mayuka said:
I'm surprised how quickly the main girl forgave the traitor guy and had...5 children LOL.

Well, from how they showed it it seemed that she forgot her first husband, who died trying to save her, as soon as she saw the new handsome guy, so... I'm not really surprised, personally ;p
Oct 9, 2019 12:09 AM

Feb 2014
How was that skinny whaman able to give birth to 5 children? Where did she fit all of them in?
This had much better pacing, and more "normal" drama compared to the over-the-top old movies style yelling in the previous episode.
And yeah, hard to sympathize with the general guy. I get he's stuck with being loyal to the crazy queen since she spared his life and he thinks he has to repay the debt, but saving one kid doesn't absolve him of massacring an entire village, and then justifying it with the whole "survival of the fittest/strongest" excuse.
May 14, 2021 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Nagi is alive, same for the sister and her new husband, but wow they already have so many child xDD
Sep 20, 2023 7:30 AM

Jul 2020
-The general justifying everything because he was "just following orders". Damn, I can't stand people like that
-Also, did the boy really just lick his swollen nose lmao
-The main girl forgave the guy who was not just an accomplice to the whole village slaughter, but the primary cause of it
-Get the phoenix's blood to live forever and give birth to a thousand babies? What kind of a fucked up goal is that...

Quite a few weird points have been made in this episode...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hi no Tori Episode 11 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Jul 30, 2009

12 by eblf2013 »»
May 26, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Hi no Tori Episode 13 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Jul 30, 2009

16 by eblf2013 »»
Mar 1, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Hi ni Tori Episode 3 Discussion

Mayuka - Sep 2, 2014

3 by eblf2013 »»
Feb 17, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Hi no Tori Episode 1 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Jun 21, 2009

12 by eblf2013 »»
Feb 17, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Hi no Tori Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 7, 2019

3 by Mykasan »»
Apr 18, 2023 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.