Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 13, 2023 3:07 AM
Aug 2023
This anime completely caught me off guard. I don't normally watch this genre, but this is such a well written piece. I ended up buying the webtoon and binge it in one weekend.

As the tittle says, how is this not higher than "my happy marriage"?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 13, 2023 3:15 AM
Dec 2020
isekai's curse if you know what mean
Aug 13, 2023 3:16 AM
Apr 2021
The popularity that comes with being a Netflix show plays a big part in it, as it has over 40k more members on MAL. And this looked like a common trope show from the beginning and didn’t really do much new.
Aug 13, 2023 3:17 AM
Aug 2022
AGREED with the forum creator.
Aug 13, 2023 3:55 AM
Aug 2020
???? Better animation, better story, better characters...
On the Otome genre almost every main female character are the same. Basically Raeliana as the most cliche personality on those types of the story.
Aug 13, 2023 4:27 AM

Mar 2021
because, simply, it's not better.
Aug 13, 2023 4:27 AM

Oct 2021
Sir, this is not the place to complain about rating, or at least you can wait till My Happy Marriage ended, because that's when the actual rating shows up.

Aside from better animation and music, I don't see how My Happy Marriage is better tho.
Aug 13, 2023 4:36 AM
Feb 2022
webtoon read all anime watch all it was just so boring as fuck but that is just me
Aug 13, 2023 5:01 AM
Aug 2020
Its not bad tbh, its quite nice show but compared to happy marriage, just nah
Aug 13, 2023 5:04 AM
Aug 2023
EdgyLord666 said:
Sir, this is not the place to complain about rating, or at least you can wait till My Happy Marriage ended, because that's when the actual rating shows up.

Aside from better animation and music, I don't see how My Happy Marriage is better tho.
I am not complaining about the rating... I was simply asking a question. Also, you're right when it comes to rating... true rating should be judged when the whole series is completed.

I am also watching "My Happy Marriage" which I found hard to follow. It felt like a classical "Damsel in distress."  Animation aside, this series had much better story, chemistry between the two MC, better score, better theme ("free will"). 

Thats just my 2 cents :/
Aug 13, 2023 5:07 AM
Nov 2022
I haven't watched My happy Marriage yet but I have watched how I ended up at the dukes mansion anime and read the Manhwa after that.

It was a decent read and fine anime nothing great or awesome had its moments of being good even so the Manhwa didn't actually pull me into it.

That's just my opinion.
Aug 13, 2023 5:19 AM
Aug 2023
The benefit of low expectation is definitely there for me :D
Aug 13, 2023 5:41 AM
Feb 2018
simple, it's not better xd
Aug 13, 2023 5:49 AM

Apr 2020
I think less people have watched this in the first place because it was adapted from a manhwa and not a manga or light novel like My Happy Marriage was (which many anime watchers aren't used to).

In my opinion the art is also better in My Happy Marriage, which likely played a part in the high score.

Other than that I think the score is really good considering it's a manhwa adaptation
Aug 13, 2023 5:57 AM
Dec 2021
General scores mean nothing, don't take them seriously.

I often ask myself:
In what world the top 10 are better than my favs?
In what world Chihayafuru is not the best anime of all time?
Aug 13, 2023 6:03 AM
Nov 2020
I watched it and read the web novel. It’s a shame that the adaptation is not better. I’m really hoping for another season. The next season is so much better than part one. I also read My Happy Marriage and the Netflix adaptation is perfect so I’m not surprised that it’s rated higher. I love them both ❤️
Aug 13, 2023 6:24 AM
Apr 2021
Bru! MHM is Netflix. Just think…
Aug 13, 2023 6:26 AM
Apr 2023
I love Raeliana a lot (chasing the novel, manhwa, game, audio comics, also anime), but if I see from netral position (including the complain I had read so far), there are several reason My Happy Marriage higher.

Animation quality, Raeliana on low budget level, and this mostly complained a lot, even some mahwa fans complained,"The anime is trash, better stick/back to manhwa".

The pacing. Somehow, Raeliana's anime pacing feels off.

The genre. Shoujo + isekai. At least we knew general comments about this.

Distribution channel. If I can choose, I prefer Netflix than Chrunchyroll or any other channel with paid subscription (If Raeliana streams in free channel, maybe will get more viewer tham paid subscription - I already saw that the illegal of Raeliana anime uploaded less than 24 hours from airing time).

Plus, if we look how Chrunchyroll's track record in co-production of anime based on manhwa/webtoon adaptation so far, this already give nightmare for some manhwa/webtoon fans (not only Raeliana, but other title, too).

And, not all fans fron novel or manhwa already knew Raeliana got anime adaptation so far. Even some of fans knew, they avoid watch the anime, as they think anime might ruin the plot from original source. Plus some dissappoinment that original source from Korea, but why Japan is the one who made the anime adaptation (some of Korea Vs Japan war still exist).

Last, about rating, I don't know if this has a lot of effect or not. Some of us maybe just enjoy anime without thinking to give rating in MAL or other channel. This quite interesting when several channel make anime or character polling, but Raeliana has quite high to top 10 on a poll bit not get top 10 on other channel.
Aug 13, 2023 6:53 AM

Apr 2022
cause it's not as good, simple. it is still good on it's own though, better than i expected.
Aug 13, 2023 6:56 AM
Mar 2023
I liked Raeliana. It was funny, with likable characters, and an OP to rival anything else this year, lookin' at you ONK. But the animation was absolutely dire. Any time in any other show the animators would step it up to make a specific sequence look good, it was like they handed it off to the interns.

Story wise, it's weird to even compare them. Both are romance, sure, but Raeliana was a comedy and Marriage is straight drama. Despite the presence of magical abilities, Marriage is more grounded with its characters. Raeliana had drama, but frequently undercut it with goofs. Which also means their audience is a little different.

Netflix is streaming Marriage, and it is developing an audience that goes beyond anime fans. It was on their Top 10 shows all last week. It has a lot of word of mouth that is working for it the same way some k-dramas do. I know that my non-anime-watching spouse is eager to see the latest My Happy Marriage every weekend.

Also, I'm pretty sure that we're not supposed to start threads complaining about scores.
Aug 13, 2023 7:26 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

80 by MeguriRapture »»
Oct 12, 8:42 PM

» more anime/manga/manwha like this?

Kitsune_089 - Oct 8

22 by Kalidechicle »»
Oct 12, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

96 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

61 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

51 by WolfWood37 »»
Sep 16, 12:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.