Forum Settings
Forums

'Hana no Ko Lunlun' Anime Receives Remake in China

New
Aug 9, 2023 5:59 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The Tencent Video Animation Festival 2023 announced on Thursday that the Hana no Ko Lunlun (Flower Angel) anime series is receiving a remake in China by Toei Animation's Shanghai subsidiary and Tencent Video. The event also revealed a visual (pictured above).

Toei Animation produced the original 50-episode television anime series which aired from February 1979 to February 1980 and a movie that premiered in March 1980.

Source: Moca News

Hua Xianzi: Zhi Mofa Xiang Dui Lun on MAL
DatRandomDudeAug 10, 2023 10:06 AM
Aug 9, 2023 7:56 PM

Apr 2012
The new poster seems to have nothing to do with the original show. At first I thought it was some kind of new yuri bait mahou shoujo.
Aug 9, 2023 8:58 PM

Feb 2016
Well that's surprising. Whatever will they remake next?
I will be watching the original just as soon as I can find it with Japanese audio.
その目だれの目?
Aug 9, 2023 9:14 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
See, China gets it, we need more old school magical girl anime back too.

Lucifrost said:
I will be watching the original just as soon as I can find it with Japanese audio.
I am hoping for the original show to be licensed/fansubbed as well.
Aug 9, 2023 11:57 PM

Jun 2019
I've had it on my PTW list for quite a while for at least over a year, maybe two, but it's yet another series I've been unable to watch due to being unable to find a version available online with Japanese audio and English subtitles, as the users above also mentioned.

It would be crazy if I'm never able to locate a version which has English subtitling (if it's even something which currently exists and is publicly available anywhere) and end up ultimately watching the Chinese remake version before the Japanese original.
Aug 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Apr 2012
WatchTillTandava said:
I've had it on my PTW list for quite a while for at least over a year, maybe two, but it's yet another series I've been unable to watch due to being unable to find a version available online with Japanese audio and English subtitles, as the users above also mentioned.

It would be crazy if I'm never able to locate a version which has English subtitling (if it's even something which currently exists and is publicly available anywhere) and end up ultimately watching the Chinese remake version before the Japanese original.
Fario-P said:
See, China gets it, we need more old school magical girl anime back too.

Lucifrost said:
I am hoping for the original show to be licensed/fansubbed as well.
Lucifrost said:
How about the newest show? I think that in any case it will be of sufficient quality.
Aug 10, 2023 2:30 AM

Oct 2017
Wait now china's remaking old anime from JP? what?
Aug 10, 2023 4:04 AM

Feb 2021
Maybe Candy, Candy, my favorite, also gets a remake!
Aug 10, 2023 6:51 AM

Feb 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
But the show does have English subs, just not with Japanese audio. I'm not sure why nobody bothered attaching these subs to the Japanese version...
その目だれの目?
Aug 10, 2023 7:09 AM

Jun 2019
Lucifrost said:
WatchTillTandava said:
But the show does have English subs, just not with Japanese audio. I'm not sure why nobody bothered attaching these subs to the Japanese version...
Oh, really? That's the first time I've ever either encountered the version you're referring to or even heard about its existence, for whatever reason. What language is it in?
Aug 10, 2023 7:23 AM

Feb 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
Lucifrost said:
Oh, really? That's the first time I've ever either encountered the version you're referring to or even heard about its existence, for whatever reason. What language is it in?
It's in French. You can find it on any site that streams fansubbed anime.
その目だれの目?
Aug 10, 2023 8:00 AM

Jun 2019
Lucifrost said:
WatchTillTandava said:
It's in French. You can find it on any site that streams fansubbed anime.
For some reason the websites that I was using never had that version available - at least at the time in those instances that I checked them for it. Still though, unfortunately, I feel like for me, as a non-Francophone, watching it in French with English subtitles really isn't anymore appealing than watching it English dubbed (which would also be undesirable).
Aug 10, 2023 8:09 AM

Nov 2008
Lunlun is blond, wtf am I see a brunette in the key art?

Tencent, oh god no.  Japan?  Stop giving your anime to bad actors like Tencent and Bilibili; it is bad for the medium in the long run.

Aug 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2016
@WatchTillTandava
I don't mind watching anime dubbed into my native language. But I can think of no reason to watch a language I don't understand when it's not the original.
その目だれの目?
Aug 10, 2023 8:33 AM

Dec 2019
The character's design have really suffered some changes, im aware design trends have changed in 40 years but with the uniqueness of the older designs these look a little underwhelming. It's too early to say anything, but I will miss the charm of their original looks (⁠╥⁠﹏⁠╥⁠)
The girl on the left seems to be Togenishia, with the thorns on the background I'm sure it's her. I don't understand the need for red hair and red everything to tell she's the villain.
Lunlun's bright hair is gone, but I can see her hairpin and bright outfit in the background.
Their wands look very out of place.
You can see they are holding the "rainbow flower" too, it's the only resemblance of the original show I see.
It's too early to form a concrete opinion though, I just hope it's a good girly anime those are really unusual nowdays.
I'm watching the Spanish dub as there's no better option.
Aug 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Jun 2019
Lucifrost said:
@WatchTillTandava
I don't mind watching anime dubbed into my native language. But I can think of no reason to watch a language I don't understand when it's not the original.
Yeah, the second part is me for the most part. I prefer to watch everything in its original language regardless of the medium and regardless of whichever language that is. For the first part, I don't even like to watch English dubbing as a native Anglophone since, besides that original language factor mentioned, having that native receptiveness to it ingrained in the brain, it just almost always sounds unbearably lamely acted, forced, and corny to me. 

I think I would mind a little less watching something in a language which was not the original if it matched the setting. I did watch a few episodes of Tanoshii Muumin Ikka, which were available in Finnish, in Finnish. And I thought at the time that I enjoyed it well enough and wouldn't have minded watching the whole series that way, because it felt "fitting" enough since the setting is fictional but based on the rural Finnish countryside, or, at most removed, Scandinavian countryside, and it's originally based on a children's picture book series from Finland (albeit written in Swedish).
Aug 10, 2023 12:27 PM

Feb 2016
WatchTillTandava said:
I think I would mind a little less watching something in a language which was not the original if it matched the setting.
Then you're in luck; Lunlun is a French girl.
その目だれの目?
Aug 10, 2023 12:28 PM

Feb 2016

ninekogelee said:
I'm watching the Spanish dub as there's no better option.
Where did you find this show in Spanish?
その目だれの目?

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Watashi wo Tabetai, Hitodenashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by RobertBobert »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

23 by Washizo »»
1 hour ago

» 'Doraemon' Voice Actress Nobuyo Ooyama Dies at 90

Vindstot - Oct 11

17 by luffysenchou »»
3 hours ago

» 'Salaryman ga Isekai ni Ittara Shitennou ni Natta Hanashi' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 20

1 by gary598byers »»
4 hours ago

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 19

32 by subahokke »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.