Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2023 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
This chapter really felt like a big finale for the series, and it even had a big battle to boot. There is potential for the story to continue on and cover the new status quo with the two villages now meeting with each other, but this chapter makes me doubt that will happen. Looks like there might be one or two more chapters that serve as an epilogue and then the manga ends. Regardless, this manga has been a very run ride.
May 24, 2023 2:02 PM
Oct 2020
So its over. That was an ok end.
May 24, 2023 11:39 PM

Mar 2015
big cast is biggest series strength, but also the series own downfall. shame since it's the most colorful series this author has but understandable. 8/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 25, 2023 4:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh, that's a pretty decent ending I believe, finally everyone will be able to meet men
May 31, 2023 6:26 AM

Nov 2013
The end came out of nowhere! I'm at a shock. The story was good, but the ending was only OK I guess. Could have been better and lasted longer. Felt like the author decided to be done with this and move on. Bit disappointed how "man-rule" was resolved. In addition, Tsubaki seems to have fallen in love with literally the first guy she saw lol. Considering how in Takagi and Ayumu the author depicts people (both genders) positively, IMO it' safe to assume males in this world are also decent people. I'd give this 7.5-7.8, but since there are no decimals on MAL, i'll give it 8/10 since overall it was still a good read.
Jun 8, 2023 8:29 AM

May 2016
I want to say something amazing but I lost it when I saw the boar team tied up lol
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Jun 11, 2023 12:13 AM

Dec 2009
Surprisingly one of the least critically good manga from Yamamoto, excluding his latest still publishing; Skilled Teaser Takagi-san and Even so, Ayumu draws closer to the Endgame.
The Infamous Kyoko-chan is better with a solid foundation to its main plot, even if the ending is lackluster with a lot unexplored. Meanwhile, this barely focuses on the main plot until the finale where it's rushed to a climax ending.

Although, if this only a setup for a sequel, than that could support this franchise better for its purpose of the main plot; Tsubaki's inexperienced romantic interested towards men, and the clan's rule to forbid interaction between men and woman so that (in secret) they don't lose ninja becoming couples like in the past. 
Albeit, in the end, that rule is lifted and gradually developed to let ninja boys and girls to meet accordingly. With Tsubaki, Benisumomo and Mokuren.

Overall, and on the surface, excluding the main plot of the secret, rule to not be broken, and Tsubaki's interest of men... the characters and their activities are fairly entertaining. 
Yamamoto has a charming style to his female characters and his comedy in how cute, funny and pleasing they are to watch. 

I'm not sure how to explain or list the range of activities this cast does, but, while some ocassionally get into childish or petty fights and duels, most of the story revolves in introducing each squad, and moments of bickering, arguments and reconciling while deepending friendships. 
Ultimately, as brief as the these events of activities are, it's mostly of that, or squads getting along and having fun. 

Some are more favorable than others in preference, but all of them are good characters, even if most if not arguably all of their developments is lackluster for being brief and somewhat meaningless to the core of the story. or rather, weak for not being strong representations in the theme to Hana-sensei's regret of not fighting for her own love (or similar romantic interest towards men) like Tsubaki did. 
Because, with some off-screen training, even in the letter exchange, it's clearly revealed and shown in the events themselves that aside from training and arguments or whatever, these kunoichi mostly just have fun in their own way and hang out. 

Cute girls having fun is entertaining, but in regard to the main plot it poorly established that. 
Or maybe it's actually perfect as is, but it feels flawed. Partly because the finale is underwhelming if its a open ending without a sequel to explore the missing development that's left.
... I liked this manga for the cast, the main plot with the result of the ending was very disappointing. 

If I am to accept it as is, Hana-sensei following the code and forbidding her students from meeting men makes, with a constant reminder of fear to avoid them. She did her job in this story.
Meanwhile, the students who accept this code, don't seriously think on breaking it for a good reason because they're oblivious to the truth and uninterested for the most part from how they've been raised, so it then makes sense that most of the story nothing happens revolving men while they just have fun. 
Then there's the abrupt secret letter that starts an exchange with Tsubaki and a man who she ends up liking. Followed by Benisumomo's jealousy as a rival and Sazanka, a lesbian who's in love with Tsubaki, who's also jealous find out Tsubaki's secret of exchanging letters and planning to meet the man. 

Which is a bit awkward for how Sazanka feels betrayed for being lied to, and I believe bitter that she's interested in men... but that quickly ends when she accepts Tsubaki's wish, and influences every student to help her meet the man. ... I assumed boy, but just like Hana-sensei meets with an old man, I think Tsubaki also met a legit man and not a boy, which is almost clear from his back from how big and tall he is. 
... I don't know, I'm not sure how this manga could be better, but because this struggle surprisingly revolves around Hana in the story, particularly in the finale, we should of had more insight of her backstory. At least afterwards to better express the theme of her regret and how Tsubaki broke that for doing what she didn't. ... even though she's meeting the man in secret today. 
Although, a fair amount of this could be "fixed" if there's a sequel, to give stronger meaning to the story, if not's it's very lackluster for its flaws. 5/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Chapter 32 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2021

5 by Calidor33 »»
Apr 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Chapter 27 Discussion

Aikotoba - Dec 25, 2020

2 by Suzume_Aihara22 »»
Jul 20, 2023 7:04 AM

» The Manga is completed

rycestealer - Jul 5, 2023

1 by Willology »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:15 AM

Poll: » Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi Chapter 57 Discussion

Ashhk - Dec 20, 2022

4 by Yubisoft »»
Jun 20, 2023 1:33 AM

» Are there some male characters?

Narity_ - Nov 18, 2021

4 by waalex11 »»
Jun 11, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.