Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, an interview with a criminal.

For an episode with dark elements, this one was actually kinda amusing thanks to the humor and personalities. It's still hard to trust anyone in this show though, especially from what they say out of their mouths. Some of the cast are notorious for twisting truths. Feels like this anime is digging into characters with dark histories. 
May 22, 2023 9:04 AM
Sep 2015
This episode has a lot of wasteful scene, but maybe that's the point of this episode.
May 22, 2023 9:04 AM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode, it gets more and more interesting.

I can't wait to learn more.

Polka is really a good guy and strange...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 22, 2023 9:15 AM

Oct 2022
Really good episode, for a moment really thought that old man was going to kill Misaki. 
May 22, 2023 9:20 AM

Dec 2020
Was a nice episode with polka grandpa that he has believe what he said and not kill misaki.
In the end i believe that was polka cousin that enters the door.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 22, 2023 9:24 AM

Feb 2019
Ok based on the amount of times they mentioned that dragon and the set up with the android body, I’m guessing the flame setter dude is a dragon from Corpse’s world? And it seems like they set up the possibility that several other beings from that world have been summoned as well.

Polka’s dad may have been harsh on him but you can tell how much he really loves his son in his own way. Solid ep!
May 22, 2023 9:37 AM
Feb 2022
this show my god it is so good and story it is umm good
May 22, 2023 10:01 AM
Jun 2022
Phantom Solitaire brings back the vibes Orihaya Izaya had from Durarara to DMDP. Feels so long since we have such a similar character

Also, Ryohgo Narita has been given permission by author Kana Yoshimura to upload her manga Mucielargo
FukaToukiMay 22, 2023 10:08 AM
May 22, 2023 10:49 AM
Oct 2016
This Phantom Solitaire guy is the ultimate showman. Giving off massive Riddler vibes with his extravagant spectacles. Toying with the police even when hes in custody. Breaking out whenever he wants to just to cause more chaos. He's definitely going to be an inferring foil for Polka since the corpse god is of the more serious nature. Phantom Solitaire conversation with Fire Breathing Bug was very entertaining. Such different personalities and ways of dealing with things. Phantom Solitaire just wanting to do whatever he wanted and enjoy a wasteful life with adoring fans. Fire Breathing Bug wanting to burn it all down in a much more constructive way. I'm interested to see how Phantom Solitaire fits into this crazy world especially since as the cops said people like that seem to attract other unsavory people to them. Polka dad took the news of everything pretty well. At least letting them all leave without any further trouble. Original Polka could be moved into a robot body soon. I enjoyed seeing them talk at the end of the episode about how some things from corpse god world are myths over in ours. Making you think that maybe corpse god coming over isn't the first time the two worlds have overlapped. Polka has some new house guests from his family showing up at the end.
May 22, 2023 10:53 AM

Jul 2017
As the Corpse God reveals to Polka's grandfather Rozan about his true origins, Lemmings a.k.a Nezu got the thanks from Takeru from saving the twins, and Misaki is prepared to face death in front of him, though the sharkborg plush prohibits him from doing so, what a hilarious low blow. Polka wanting to be involved in his grandfather's sci-fi experiments, though he called it even with Misaki for saving the twins.  An apology and thanks from Misaki, and even though Polka's soul lives on, he is fine about it. Hopefully both Kazuki and Shizuki have learnt their lesson, though with the accompanying spirit of their deceased sister, it's a good ending.

That said, the Fire-Breathing Bug is still on the loose, and the Phantom Solitaire walked out on his own and escaped scot-free, even how much Tsubaki had prepared for everything but that. Ten'a Sorimura's feats in Shinjuku was quite the long list of crimes, including the assassination of the government politicians, learnt from mangaka Kana Yoshimura's Murciélago. Ten'a's sure a showman of magic, and he wouldn't be ashamed of his efforts to entertain people through his masterful trickery. Polka's soul converted into a crocodile, and Polka getting an old-school radio to hear of developments outside, the illusionist has eyes towards those who are in the know of him, especially the hijacking of TV broadcasts once again from the Grocer, standing before the illusionist himself, having fun laying waste to everything while fighting against the one who denounces his being.

Though the Corpse God has no recollections of such events and could only match those of his own world, having common things would help blur the line between worlds. Though they get an unexpected visitor in the form of Sayo, what are they exactly here for?

Now I'm digging with the show. 'tis a good episode.
May 22, 2023 11:09 AM

Apr 2011
KANLen09 said:

That said, the Fire-Breathing Bug is still on the loose, and the Phantom Solitaire walked out on his own and escaped scot-free, even how much Tsubaki had prepared for everything but that. Ten'a Sorimura's feats in Shinjuku was quite the long list of crimes, including the assassination of the government politicians, learnt from mangaka Kana Yoshimura's Murciélago. Ten'a's sure a showman of magic, and he wouldn't be ashamed of his efforts to entertain people through his masterful trickery. Polka's soul converted into a crocodile, and Polka getting an old-school radio to hear of developments outside, the illusionist has eyes towards those who are in the know of him, especially the hijacking of TV broadcasts once again from the Grocer, standing before the illusionist himself, having fun laying waste to everything while fighting against the one who denounces his being.
Assasination are only half on list. There is no evidence he actually did them.
May 22, 2023 11:47 AM
Jul 2015
Finally, they took the tryhard wannabe-cool cringe down a notch. The show gets instantly soo much better.

The info dumping through the police guy is still a quite clumsy, though.
May 22, 2023 12:33 PM
May 2023
Cool continuation of the previous episode's storyline. And Phantom Solitaire is GREAT. I look forward to him messing with main characters.
May 22, 2023 12:55 PM
May 2021
Bruh the phantom fella kidnapped the prime minister and next day sent him to manga cafe 🤣🤣
May 22, 2023 1:39 PM
May 2023
This series is delightful. I adore Phantom Solitare! The original Polka is so interesting in his attitude towards things.
May 22, 2023 2:37 PM

May 2014
I need a plush of shark Polka!
May 22, 2023 7:15 PM

Feb 2011
felt like filler. but whatever.

May 22, 2023 7:41 PM
Mar 2015
The bug and the phantom engage in talk no jutsu
May 22, 2023 8:47 PM
Apr 2023
Things are moving fast with this episode and seems that a lot of the most interesting characters and lore components are now being put under spotlight.
This just became even more interesting.
May 22, 2023 9:29 PM

Feb 2021
The way He just vanished from prison really hilarious XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 22, 2023 9:44 PM

Oct 2017
So neither the fire bug or phantom solitaire have supernatural powers. What about Lemmings though?

Polka's father gonna go after Polka's killer?
May 23, 2023 12:07 AM

Apr 2011
MegamiRem said:
So neither the fire bug or phantom solitaire have supernatural powers. What about Lemmings though?

Corpse God did say Lemmings has no  supernatural ability.
May 23, 2023 1:51 AM

Jun 2013
Okay seeing the twin's Suzu-nee (pls correct me if I'm wrong) hugging them looking like her old self made me teary-eyed. I'm such a sucker for plots that have souls guarding/watching over kids and loved ones.

The appearance of the twins, introduction of Lemmings, the Shinomiyas and all these new characters has made me more invested in the story. I'm actually enjoying it now.  
臭い-
May 23, 2023 3:37 AM

Sep 2018
Phantom Solitaire really gives me Izaya vibes from Durarara lol, another fun episode.
May 23, 2023 4:11 AM
Jan 2012
And with this, the three main Troublemakers have been introduced, Solitaire being in pure Narita style.

I'm glad people actually stayed, this series can be so fun when you spend some time on it.

Excellent seiyuu choice for Solitaire tho, suits him perfectly
May 23, 2023 6:26 AM

Mar 2013
Interesting new characters, especially the Solitaire dude. lol
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 23, 2023 6:53 AM
Oct 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Ok based on the amount of times they mentioned that dragon and the set up with the android body, I’m guessing the flame setter dude is a dragon from Corpse’s world? And it seems like they set up the possibility that several other beings from that world have been summoned as well.

Polka’s dad may have been harsh on him but you can tell how much he really loves his son in his own way. Solid ep!
you wrong about 1 thing.  the fire the bug using is no magic but only a simple trick so like phantom solitary said when he stood on the umbrella this episode so he can't be from polka world. same goes for lemmings since polka said when he first showed up that lemming not using magic he just person that suppressed the human limits.
May 23, 2023 6:55 AM
Oct 2020
Tenzen12 said:
MegamiRem said:

Corpse God did say Lemmings has no  supernatural ability.
yes according to polka lemmings is normal human that suppressed humans limits when he first seen him
May 23, 2023 7:04 AM

Oct 2013
This feels like such superficial entertainment to me. Despite the number of characters that each have their quirks, I feel like I've been given zero reason to care about any of this. I don't mind style over substance if it's executed well, but I'm missing some kind, any kind of hook here to really grab me. Even if the show is building up to an ending that ingeniously ties everything together and goes out with a bang, I don't even know if the road to get there is worth it and if it won't ultimately feel hollow still.

I thought I'd continue giving this a shot until it ends, but I might just go ahead and drop it tbh. Which is a shame because I loved Baccano and I don't remember Durarara being as bad as this (though I never felt inspired to continue that past s1 yet).
May 23, 2023 9:45 AM
Sep 2021
New villains are entering the scene and their main mission is starting to become a hunt for the corpse god
May 23, 2023 5:39 PM

Mar 2010
Not sure what to make of that magician guy.. I mean if its just tricks and shit.. idk how much of a threat that is.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 24, 2023 2:12 AM

Apr 2011
He used "just tricks" to kidnap every major politician in country. He also used it to fool around with person throwing fireballs as noones bussines. How much threat he could potentially be?
May 24, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 2020
Tenzen12 said:
He used "just tricks" to kidnap every major politician in country. He also used it to fool around with person throwing fireballs as noones bussines. How much threat he could potentially be?
the fire of the fire breating bug is also a trick as phantom solitary said. the only exeption is lemmings he not using magics or tricks he is as polka said during his first appearance normal person who suppressed humans limits
May 24, 2023 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
Rasco said:
Not sure what to make of that magician guy.. I mean if its just tricks and shit.. idk how much of a threat that is.
same goes for the fire of the bug criminal it also just a trick the only exeption is lemmings as corpse god said during his first apearence which not using either of those. he only normal person who strong suppressed human limits
May 24, 2023 8:25 AM

Apr 2011
Elior21 said:
Tenzen12 said:
the fire of the fire breating bug is also a trick as phantom solitary said. the only exeption is lemmings he not using magics or tricks he is as polka said during his first appearance normal person who suppressed humans limits

That's just shows how dangerous mere tricks can be.
May 24, 2023 10:36 AM
May 2017
Good episode, i wonder if Polka will come across any other enemies with real magic like him. Like imagine if his nemesis found a way to track him to this world?
May 24, 2023 1:41 PM
Jun 2021
The interaction between Phantom Solitaire and Fire Bug sure was interesting. I wonder if Polka's sister got kicked out or have come to meet him for some reason.
May 24, 2023 6:11 PM

Mar 2008
I would love for there to be fun criminals like this phantom solitaire guy in real life where they just want attention and dont intentionally cause harm. Only thing that comes to mind right now is this Japanese criminal individual or group that was never caught called The Monster with 21 Faces which had threatened to poison candy and did so but it labelled it telling people it had been poisoned so the only goal was to harass the police for being incompetent.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
May 24, 2023 7:40 PM
Nov 2011
Ryogo "1000 plotlines" Narita setting up another 100, huh?????

Good, the phantom solitaire guy is just so much fun. He's better than Izaya IMO, since he's just doing it for fun and attention LMAO

i do wonder when we'll get the DRRR or BCCN! crossover.....
May 24, 2023 10:31 PM

May 2019
This episode was easier to follow even though we got yet another character introduced in Ten'a who does seem to have a screw loose. It was amusing to hear that he kidnapped the prime minister but left him at a manga cafe which apparently was a blast.

Looks like Sayo came at the end with a giant shark, I'm guessing she's either lonely, bored, or wants protection.
May 25, 2023 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
By far one of the best shows running this season. Story is all in a world of wannabes!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 26, 2023 5:48 AM

Dec 2022
polkas grandfathers reaction was very funny also i really like Phantom Solitaire for some reason
May 26, 2023 11:28 AM

Apr 2011
That's his father.
May 27, 2023 2:22 PM
Czech Pirate

Aug 2015
I already love this anime for the simple reason that it introduced me to Murcielago. What an absolute fucking masterpiece. Borderline warcrime that it hasn't been turned into an anime by Trigger yet.
Anybody who complains about "wish fufilment" on this website should be pelted with rocks.
May 27, 2023 8:43 PM

Apr 2023
This has been an incredibly entertaining show. Not one bit dissapointed by another work from this author. It reeks PVRE SOVL from his very same pen and paper that made the late 2000's and early 2010's such a high time for shows and stories to this liking. Now that I'm older I can appreciate and differentiate soulful edgy kino from simply cringe edgy stuff. This show falls completely in the former and I'm all in for the ride BABYYYYYYYY!!!
May 28, 2023 4:59 AM
Apr 2023
jkñbñ-kmoñn j
Jun 6, 2023 1:29 PM

May 2018
I can't tell if Solitaire is a joke or a serious monster lol
Jun 7, 2023 10:10 AM
Oct 2019
baaad episode. magician guy sucks. it reminds me a lot of the stupid magician(gentleman?) arc where i dropped my hero academia (school festival concert practice)
Jun 7, 2023 5:40 PM

Nov 2009
Gramps is a pretty nice guy, and you can tell he really loves his kids.

Also... Albino Alligator huh...

And... besides the Magician dude,

Grocer huh... this guy sounds a lot more interesting, lol.

(Dude literally can hijack all TV channels while still in Jail....)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 12, 2023 10:19 AM
Aug 2021
This was honestly the funniest episode this season. Phantom Solitaire is HILARIOUS. Eccentric, but HILARIOUS! He doesn't even make me cringe which is saying a lot!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

176 by fenderis »»
Sep 9, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

49 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 27, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

90 by Shadoweminence-8 »»
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

105 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jun 19, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.