Forum Settings
Forums

'Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, First Promo, Summer 2023 Premiere

New
Mar 9, 2023 8:46 AM

Aug 2019

Warner Bros. Japan opened an official website for the Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru (Reign of the Seven Spellblades) television anime on Friday, revealing the main cast, staff, first promo, and a key visual (pictured above). The television anime is set to premiere in July 2023.

Cast
Oliver Horn: Atsushi Tamaru (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Nanao Hibiya: Yuka Nukui (Sugar Apple Fairy Tale)
Michela McFarlane: Misuzu Yamada (Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman.)
Katie Aalto: Hitomi Oowada (Shirobako)
Pete Reston: Riho Sugiyama (86)
Guy Greenwood: Shinsuke Sugawara (Knight's & Magic)

Staff
Director: Masato Matsune (Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki)
Series Composition: Shougo Yasukawa (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
Character Design: Takehiro Suwa (Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!)
Music: Kujira Yumemi (Leadale no Daichi nite)
Studio: J.C.Staff

The anime adapts Bokuto Uno's action fantasy light novel, which began serializing in Dengeki Bunko imprint in September 2018, featuring illustrations by Ruria Miyuki. Kadokawa shipped the 11th volume on March 10.

Sakae Esuno (Mirai Nikki) began drawing a manga adaptation in Monthly Shounen Ace in May 2019. The sixth volume was released in September 2022.

Yen Press licensed both the novel and manga in July 2020 and April 2021, respectively. The fifth novel volume went on sale on March 3, and the fifth manga volume shipped on February 21.

PV

Official site: https://nanatsuma-pr.com/
Official Twitter: @nanatsuma_pr

Source: Comic Natalie
Mar 9, 2023 9:17 AM

Feb 2021
Great premise! I like magic theme! Absolutely will watch it! I plan to read the manga, but watch the adaptation first.
Mar 9, 2023 9:22 AM

May 2020
Typical JC staff series exclusively under, "No can beat the blandness" challenge.
Mar 9, 2023 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
This feels like a harry potter rip off, can't say excited but I'll check it out
Mar 9, 2023 11:08 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
So Harry Potter the anime? Lol

I'm calling somewhere between 6.5 and 7.30 score lol... not that score matters to me, just saying it'll likely start off interesting then become mid since so many of these new fantasy anime are pretty riskless 

But the teacher looks like simp material, so that's good
Mar 9, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2021
RedChrome said:

EcchiGodMamster said:

I'm calling somewhere between 6.5 and 7.30 score lol... not that score matters to me, just saying it'll likely start off interesting then become mid since so many of these new fantasy anime are pretty riskless 

Indeed it looks like Harry Potter anime. I like magic and movies about him so I will ABSOLUTELY watch this series!
MemoreMar 9, 2023 9:40 PM
Mar 9, 2023 12:20 PM

Sep 2009
This one has a decent author and scriptwriter so I am pretty positive. And it does not look like low-key production as the previous authors adaptation did.
Mar 9, 2023 12:23 PM

Apr 2013
source material is pretty good, but the cast over all seems very subpar. Especially the Director and Series composition guy... Music director is pretty much a rookie it seems, and no well known seiyuu. JC Staff as a studio has a fairly bad track record when it comes to adapt LNs properly. Dengeki Bunko as a publisher also has a fairly bad track record on the adaptation quality in any of what they've asked an adaptation of.

Also I can't believe that they took again the same series composition guy that , for an adaption of a work from the SAME AUTHOR, thought it was a good idea to put the end of volume 1 after the end of volume 3 and put a random chapter of volume 7 between vol 1 and vol 2. Yikes.
ZefyrisMar 9, 2023 12:27 PM
Mar 9, 2023 1:22 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I like what I saw, definitely checking this out
Mar 9, 2023 6:52 PM
Oct 2020
nice! Another banger of an anime and manga series that will be released. can't wait for this the artwork and characters look really neat
Mar 9, 2023 8:08 PM

Oct 2015
RedChrome said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

Memore said:

Indeed it looks like Harry Potter anime. I like magic and movies about him so I will ABSOLUTELY watch this series too!

It looks as light-hearted as earlier Harry Potter books but in reality, it is much darker (a ton of gore) than the author’s previous book, Tenkyou No Alderamin.

It is more like 50% Harry Potter, 25% Made In Abyss, 25% Berserk. There are a ton of gore such as human experimentation or students consumed by their own spells. Professors don’t really care if their students get killed. Definitely seinen demographics.

I have only read the first 7 volumes.
I have written a review here:
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=462241&onetime=b1c50eae772647e60bfbe15183f8a2b86e7656c8321e6d6553193534b89cae47
NewestPersonHereMar 9, 2023 8:20 PM
Mar 9, 2023 9:38 PM

Feb 2021
NewestPersonHere said:
RedChrome said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

Memore said:

Indeed it looks like Harry Potter anime. I like magic and movies about him so I will ABSOLUTELY watch this series too!

It looks as light-hearted as earlier Harry Potter books but in reality, it is much darker (a ton of gore) than the author’s previous book, Tenkyou No Alderamin.

It is more like 50% Harry Potter, 25% Made In Abyss, 25% Berserk. There are a ton of gore such as human experimentation or students consumed by their own spells. Professors don’t really care if their students get killed. Definitely seinen demographics.

https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=462241&onetime=b1c50eae772647e60bfbe15183f8a2b86e7656c8321e6d6553193534b89cae47

Thank you so much for your response and detailed review! I also like such themes as you mentioned, so I will watch it for sure.
Mar 9, 2023 10:07 PM

May 2021
heard this light novel was kinda seinen(dark) and was pretty good, seems feasible since it's the Alderamin on the Sky author. staff seems meh but not expecting that much since im going in blind anyways.
Mar 10, 2023 12:56 AM

Feb 2021
ryoko6 said:
heard this light novel was kinda seinen(dark) and was pretty good, seems feasible since it's the Alderamin on the Sky author. staff seems meh but not expecting that much since im going in blind anyways.

I also try to watch without any expectations. It is good if I like it, if not it is also ok.
Mar 10, 2023 6:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NewestPersonHere said:
RedChrome said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

Memore said:

You have made me insanely hyped to watch this now, thanks for the insight into the series

I was a big fan of Alderamin (Really bummed out that it never got a S2) and I heard that the LN was great too, so this being from that same author is an added bonus for me 
Mar 12, 2023 1:34 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The only good thing this staff has going for itself is the OST, dammit.
A project like this announced so long ago, took this long to get such a BLAND staff, sucks indeed...
Apr 30, 2023 10:51 AM
Mar 2021
I Pray the studio focuses on "flying witch" season 2.

More topics from this board

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

5 by luffysenchou »»
2 minutes ago

» Yukihiro Shibutani, Art Director of 'Natsume Yuujinchou', Dies at 63

Vindstot - Oct 16

11 by EcchiGodMamster »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

5 by Memore »»
1 hour ago

» 'Lazarus' Unveils Main Staff, Cast, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

8 by Haneken2086 »»
1 hour ago

» New 'High Card' Episode Announces Guest Cast

Vindstot - 10 hours ago

1 by Memore »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.