Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 17, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
That Misaki is definitely a sadist...her personality is just far from normal.

Looks like Polka is using his powers and getting better control of it. This anime still relies heavily on its undead elements and necromancy magic. Gotta feel bad for those kids caught up in that fire though. Kursaki also might be worth to keep an eye on but it's hard to trust her.
Apr 17, 2023 8:58 AM

Jul 2017
The necromancer who desired for peace, the Corpse God lived his ways, wanting to live in the reigns of other people. But when malice from people drew the line, he became the hope of other people looking to kill him, and that's how he got into the new world thanks to his Art of Reincarnation.

The madman sadist hitgirl that is Misaki Sakimiya, her life certainly has been trampled on quite a lot, not just for revenge, now in a new life as Clarissa's underling and known as the Assassin Zaki. That's until she was given the job to dispose of Polka, but that the job was incomplete thanks to the Corpse God inheriting Polka's body. And now she's a zombie, reborn from the dead.

The nicetie guy Takumi Kuriya being Clarissa's informant and witnessing the Corpse God reviving her from the dead with the resurrection magic that everybody knows not of, it's an intense stand-off that involves igh stakes. Moreover, a fire that involves an unlicensed orphanage that is burning down, he is still placed on observation while on the job to save the children thanks to his necromancy and Evil Eye. That's where Misaki is now revived as an undead, and that the Corpse God can initiate his dreams of undisturbed peace, spearheaded by the intermediary Lisa Kuraki.

And so thus begins Polka's dream to acquire peace, the world in its raw state.
Apr 17, 2023 9:06 AM

Feb 2021
Can't get enough of this OP
I really wanted to see more Misaki this episode. But we got her and mc's backstory!
Apr 17, 2023 9:07 AM
Sep 2021
Our Necromancer in this new world tries to live in peace, but it seems it is not an easy task.
Apr 17, 2023 9:13 AM
Sep 2015
I don't think anyone in a new world will pose a threat to our protagonist, that means only hero of the old world is a threat for him, I hope they'll understand that, each side just one to live in peace, though I expect another epic battle or two before things settled.
Apr 17, 2023 9:21 AM
Oct 2016
Polka found his way into this nice setup. I really enjoyed his backstory showing how back in his world all he really wanted was peace. After being used for his magic then abandoned I empathize with him just wanting to not be anywhere near stuff like that again. Finding those kids, growing closer to them only to lose them so violently is beyond cruel. It makes sense Polka would descent further into despair not able to die a natural death with so much power. Waiting for someone to come kill him as we saw last episode. Now stuck in our modern world where no one knows what magic is and there ganga roaming around even such an advanced world. Polka definitely got his culture shock upon killing Misaki so easily. Thankfully he can bring her back, I liked seeing hee backstory too. Going from her parents murdered to her killing murderers for fun, a super twisted up girl. Polka going to save those kids from the fire was very emotional. With his eyesight seeing the dead being able to have their own deceased parents comfort the kids and bring them to safety was amazing. Polka isn't some heartless monstrous death god. He just wants peace in the world and those around him.
Apr 17, 2023 9:27 AM

Jul 2021
I'm still surprised geek toys could make this show look so good (By thier standards) but then produce whatever you call DAL S4
Best Isekai this season
Apr 17, 2023 9:31 AM

Aug 2017
This kind of cutting around etc. between more serious and comedic scenes all works in the manga but here with the music and very fast changes between different times and tones just feels weird. Maybe would have worked with a better director but like this the whole episode just felt off. Honestly would have hoped they make the anime a bit more linear than the manga.

Also the animation sadly is pretty mediocre this episode.
Makes me think some of the bigger fights probably won't be done justice in this adaptation. (Though at least it isn't as bad as biscuit hammer)
Apr 17, 2023 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Holy shit misaki backstory was messed up. That scene of her stabbing dude in the mouth was wild. She reminds me so much of Mari from Evangelion. I think necro and her will make a great team since they both have had to messed up things in the name of “peace”. I’m really looking forward to where this one goes
Apr 17, 2023 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Cestlavie_ said:
I'm still surprised geek toys could make this show look so good (By thier standards) but then produce whatever you call DAL S4
Best Isekai this season

DAL S4 looked great and had amazing reviews lol.
Apr 17, 2023 9:34 AM

Oct 2022
New characters were introduced, just hope that they would be of some use in the future.
Apr 17, 2023 9:48 AM
Apr 2023
As a manga reader I’m hoping that a *certain* scene doesn’t get cut out in the next episode. Episode 1 did chapter 1 only, episode two did chapters 2-3
Apr 17, 2023 9:59 AM

Mar 2021
CorpseGod7 said:
As a manga reader I’m hoping that a *certain* scene doesn’t get cut out in the next episode. Episode 1 did chapter 1 only, episode two did chapters 2-3

Oh yes, I too hope so. Luckily, AT-X is also broadcasting this. Looking at how an alternate version was not out, I think its safe to believe that AT-X wont be broadcasting anything different. But I hope that changes in the next episode.
Apr 17, 2023 10:04 AM
Mar 2019
the forced slapstick humor in a very serious moment utterly ruins the anime. What a huge pile of poo
Apr 17, 2023 10:35 AM

May 2013
Wasn't a fan of the MC reviving Misaki for no reason. Didn't like how quick he was to join the side of the gangsters, or how oblivious they were to that fact that he's basically a god.

The comedy bits were pretty bad.

Overall this episode dropped my expectations of the show by a lot.
TimidGazelleApr 17, 2023 10:38 AM
Apr 17, 2023 10:54 AM

Apr 2011
TimidGazelle said:
Wasn't a fan of the MC reviving Misaki for no reason. Didn't like how quick he was to join the side of the gangsters, or how oblivious they were to that fact that he's basically a god.

He had good reason though. He didn't want be arrested for murder.
Apr 17, 2023 10:56 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
He swung around like Spiderman lol. Those random humor scene and meme faces are not fitting in this anime, the comedy aspects are not that good.
Apr 17, 2023 10:57 AM

May 2019
So the necromancer isn't really a bad guy after all, mostly a misunderstanding probably due to his appearance and abilities. He just wants to live in peace but I'm not sure if the blonde girl, Lisa, will actually help him achieve that.

I figured that Misaki would somehow get resurrected as she is listed as a 'main' character and sure enough she did. This show is decent so far but it seems to go from being serious to some slapstick humor (I'm mostly indifferent on that for now). Although it's somewhat violent I'm curious to see where this goes as the storyline is ok so far.
Apr 17, 2023 11:12 AM
Jul 2015
Waaaay better than the first episode. Takumi's "analytic" monologue towards the end still gave me some brain rot (because ... soooo dumb).
Apr 17, 2023 11:16 AM
Oct 2021
TimidGazelle said:

Episode one ended with, "Let's play the the game of killing". I was expecting some overlord/anos voldigoad type ruthless murder scenes and resurrections. I honestly didn't expect him to be a vigilante in this episode. Good graphics overall, but I'm dropping this
Apr 17, 2023 11:19 AM
Oct 2021
Tenzen12 said:
TimidGazelle said:

He had good reason though. He didn't want be arrested for murder.

But all lives are his playthings. That's a very powerful statement
Apr 17, 2023 11:24 AM

Apr 2011
Of course it is. It's also completely unrelated to not wanting get into trouble.
Apr 17, 2023 11:41 AM

Apr 2012
ok dude, a psycho killer and a hacker to teach him about the world... perfect choices hahaha
Apr 17, 2023 11:55 AM

Dec 2022
well welll well now he has a job
Apr 17, 2023 12:00 PM

Jun 2016
Those 3 should make an interesting team lmao. I look forward to seeing how the interactions between him and Misaki is going to look like. From trying to kill each other to basically being part of a three-group team is quite the change. Although I can imagine Misaki being completely unfazed much by just dying and coming back. She has that aura about her of not getting too caught up in shock about anything abnormal 
Onwards to the next episode. Seeing ppl complain about the comedy yet I don't see the problem with it. If this is tone they want to go for all the way, then I'm cool with it as every story has their own direction and tone they want to go with. And they're introducing it early so I am expecting this kind of tone to be what I am getting. It would have been jarring if they had suddenly drop this on me when we are deep in the story but not when we are still in the beginning early parts of the story here
Gift by Mimurona

Apr 17, 2023 12:10 PM

Jun 2019
The plot moved and we see that Polka still cares about peace a lot and he doesn't want anyone to hurt kids. It's because of his past which was pretty dark. It was a nice episode. Lisa is so hot. Can't wait to see more of her. Now he's gonna start working with Misaki and Takumi.
Apr 17, 2023 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
I dunno, this was way worse than the first ep. And that necro spider man scene was hilariously stupid. Gotta wait for next episode to decide whether I like it or not.
Apr 17, 2023 1:02 PM
Feb 2023
Spiderman Spiderman save some kids with necro hands
Apr 17, 2023 1:32 PM

May 2021
Kind of let down with this episode. With people seeing magic for the first time and a resurrection one at that no less you'd think they would be trembling with fear and offer him anything he wanted and yet they played it off like it's just another tuesday. Whole swinging from buildings part was cheap shit as well, right after he said he doesn't know if he has enough mana to fight... then he goes and fights fire.

This approach to issekai kind of differs from majority of others, but that's where creativity ends. And why is it that they always seek peace and stuff. It's boring and played out. Can't really say I am expecting more from this genre at this point, but still there has to be a better thing in this world than peace in the middle of different world. Why not claim an island for yourself, steal couple of those tsundere big tits and rule it like they can. It's really cheap trying to sell his "I care for kids" side. Especially after he killed so many people who were presumably parents. It's okay to have anti-hero from time to time Japan. Not all of them have to be hidden good guys.
Apr 17, 2023 1:32 PM

Jan 2008
Yes! After the 2nd episode my hype is still turned on! Maybe the pacing is a little to fast compared to manga, but I see that they know how to show the main character's past and memories. I love the animation in first minutes of this episode!

But unfortunately animation quality was worse than in the first episode, I hope it will improve in great fights that are coming hopefully :D
DorregarayApr 17, 2023 1:36 PM
Apr 17, 2023 1:38 PM

May 2021
TimidGazelle said:

Completely agree with you here. Whole episode was forced mishmash of tropes. Here's a main character who is overpowered and looks like a bad guy but he's actually a good guy. We've never heard that one before. Besides lack of any reaction when everyone essentially saw magic for the first time, and no less resurrection magic, is just bullshit.

Only redeeming thing is the unintentional fact he can have a boner from a real bone. That gave me a chuckle and they didn't even think about it.

The rest is just worse than mediocre. Like you said, god to them, just resurrected himself and random titty chick and they offered him a job. Worse even he accepts it. Why not go to school and participate in a tournament. That would fill trope basket well.

I'll give another episode a shot, but it seems to me am dropping this one.
Apr 17, 2023 1:53 PM
Jul 2015
Yeah this is really going downhill now. Losing interest in the show. Well, whatever little I has anyway.
Apr 17, 2023 3:02 PM

Jul 2014
Look ma!  I'm Spider-Man!  Terrible shows make me sad.  I'm sad.
Apr 17, 2023 3:15 PM

Sep 2018
This episode felt somewhat more plain than the first one, but I'm familiar enough with Narita's writing style to know that the show's more than likely playing the long game narratively. Def willing to give it time to cook. My only sticking complaint is that they kinda overdo it with the chibi scenes when they're not appropriate.
Apr 17, 2023 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
It's fun and all, but the backstories were real forced, and we can see the typical isekai laziness in the power application. You have a particularly powerful necromancer in a non-magic world. You don't have to give him nonsense applications like launching himself around with giant skeleton arms from nothing. A limit here or there makes things more interesting.
Apr 17, 2023 4:28 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dude had every right to begin his villain arc; taking care of kids only to see them get roasted in fire

also, how much better is it that the "villain" got reverse-isekai'ed instead of the "hero"? Because if the "hero" gets reincarnated, so what? He's just in another world. Whatever. But instead, corpse god has gotten reincarnated, and what makes it so great is that he was waiting for someone to come and kill him. He wanted to be spared of this eternal pain, to find himself in another world where he can start life anew. He WANTED to be isekai'ed, as opposed to pretty much EVERY OTHER case where the main character gets it forced upon them.
BetaMaleUltraApr 17, 2023 4:51 PM

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 17, 2023 5:21 PM

Nov 2021
Tragically misunderstood 'villain' protagonist is fine and all but I'd like to see unapologetic evil villain protagonists as well. "Everyone is so mean to me but I'm still such a good person uwu" is annoying atp.
I'd be an edgelady apologist, if only I were sorry
Apr 17, 2023 5:34 PM
Apr 2020
Man this series is so freaking unpredictable ....when you thought this guy is evil and will kill anyone who gets in his way in episode 1 here comes episode 2 . All he wanted to do was die since he lost those children but yet didn't give up and used reincarnation spell . Now he will be doing some dirty business to gain money? i have no idea pretty sure whatever you think right now is going to be overwritten by something else
Apr 17, 2023 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
love the chibi scene when they check Misaki
"yep, you're totally dead."
"now you're a zombie"
priceless reaction =))
Apr 17, 2023 6:33 PM
May 2017
I agree with the others, good episode but the comedy doesn't fit the tone of the show. With that said, that syndicate should be happy the centuries old corpse god is so easy going despite having a tragic life. He really could have ended them there but that would have been a sour start to his new peaceful life. Kinda ironic though, if he joins them his life will be anything but..

4/5
Apr 17, 2023 8:01 PM
Mar 2021
The story of Necromancer in the new world was begin, with Takumi and Misaki as a tour guide.
Apr 17, 2023 8:01 PM
Apr 2023
Feels like I had fun watching this episode that it just went by just like that. Look foward to the next ep!
Apr 17, 2023 8:07 PM
Oct 2010
Haha, it's funny that the one thing people seem to be hating on the most is the humor mixed in which is probably going to be what saves it for me. It could be just another edgy edgelord Serious Bidness killemanime, but they decided to mix it up a bit so it's more long the lines of Gangsta or hell, even Black Lagoon, both of which could be grim as all getout but kept it from going completely grimdark all the time by tossing in completely ridiculous moments.

That said, not completely sold on the direction just yet, though my main complaint of it jumping all over the place is likely a moot point since the backstories are covered for the main cast. The other does dig at the comedy elements a bit since they seemed a bit obtrusive or overdone at times, but it's not a dealbreaker for me, just hoping for a touch better flow for it.

Overall, enjoyed it. Seeing him go full power to save the younglings was particularly entertaining as well as marking out a distinct character trait for him.
Apr 17, 2023 10:25 PM

Nov 2012
Necromancer-man will save you!
I can't believe he was swinging through town on bones. That genuinely made me laugh.
Apr 18, 2023 12:57 AM

Aug 2020
Ngl after the first eps I wasn't expecting to be turn out this amazing and engaging, Narita rocks for real.
Apr 18, 2023 1:10 AM
Dec 2020
These two episodes make a great introduction! I don't know what to wait from now on since I didn't expect the anime to go this way, but I want to give it a chance, so we'll see next week.
Apr 18, 2023 1:56 AM

Jul 2014
Ok better ep than the last one, at least now we know what are his motives. Those motives seems to be like any another human's motives lol
Apr 18, 2023 2:52 AM
Oct 2022
Honestly am not into the isekai genre but I like this one.
Apr 18, 2023 4:43 AM

Nov 2013
Takumi, bro, what exactly doesn't add up? MC killed Misaki because she wanted to kill him (twice). It's 2+2.
I expected the most logical question from MC though: "Who are you and why are you trying to kill me?" - But it was never asked. 
Apr 18, 2023 5:59 AM
Mar 2023
First episode was edgy, cool, but it had a very interesting premise and direction. I thought it would be a fresh take on the isekai genre with a darker story, but 2nd episode ruined it for me. They introduced comedy out of nowhere which felt out of character. Overall it had a good start but a slightly disappointing second episode. I'll look forward to the next episode and see where it goes from here
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2023

176 by fenderis »»
Sep 9, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

49 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 27, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

90 by Shadoweminence-8 »»
Aug 21, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

105 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jun 19, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Dead Mount Death Play Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

54 by kejora »»
Apr 30, 3:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.