Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
A great match to cap off to show with lots of determination and fighting spirit. It could've gone either way but as a relief, everyone got their respect. This felt like more of a journey more important than the destination. Match itself had the highest stakes so far.

I like how they kept the aftermath of the episode to be lighthearted and full of joy. Truly a show of inspirational and competitive sports. 
Apr 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
The pinnacle of the fight: Aoba West's Towa Hiura vs. Tachikawa Academy's Emma Durand, putting their all into the fight.

The same techniques that had the earlier Tachikawa girls like Odagiri defeated, Towa's doing the same against Emma right at this moment. And the fight's so intense, the out-of-bounds rounds of Emma's Ippon against Towa almost ended in a physical altercation. Towa, obviously knowing that she is in a huge disadvantage, forcing the Ippon out of bounds is the only way to stop her reign, all the way to the end. And within the last pivotal 10 seconds, it looked like Towa's about to win but Emma's counter is just too strong to call the match to Tachikawa's win. Although Towa lost, she tried her very best.

And what's a great stress reliever in Fukuoka than ramen, but Sanae feels like she's the weakest link of the group, though she was the captain. But when it comes to motivation, none can do it better than her, while Towa is undoubtedly the ace, pushing everyone forward.

Such a good series that got overlooked for its niche sport.
KANLen09Apr 2, 2023 8:13 PM
Apr 2, 2023 10:45 AM

Apr 2016
A fitting end, for what definitely is a little hidden gem of the season. Who would have thought that a bunch of very bubbly characters mixed with some martial arts, crossed with themes of growing up can be so entertaining ...

And no edgy hormon rage cringe teenagers who by some delusion are thinking theyre playing football or volleyball in sight :)
Apr 2, 2023 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
A Good ending to a fine anime. Thought there was some good motivational themes at times that some people could relate too.

7/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 2, 2023 11:03 AM

Oct 2017
That was an intense match, it was so close but Towa lost in the end. It was nice seeing the girls enjoy their time together before going back home. They even took photo with the other team. Was a nice way to end the season.

Really enjoyed the anime, hidden gem of the season for sure. Hoping for s2 as I'd like to see so much more from this series.
Apr 2, 2023 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
This anime deserves a second season. There are a lot of chapters left available for them. They also need a rematch and Anna's debut tournament.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 2, 2023 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
It's nice to have sports anime that focus on female, though it's not forbidden to feature more guy, like Michi's big brother who only appear in a dream, like, what happen to him?
Apr 2, 2023 11:25 AM

Jul 2011
The match was great. Emma was great, but the height and weight difference played a important part.

I'm going to miss a lot this one. And hope to see another season.
Apr 2, 2023 11:29 AM

Oct 2010
I don't recall ever picking up a sports manga after an anime before, but I want to for this one, this was awesome. The Girls und Panzer "Yesterday's enemy is today's friend" spirit is strong. I would 1000% rather watch shows like this than stuff like Hanebado.
Apr 2, 2023 11:40 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Really good anime, sad that is so underrated, would love to see a second season if it was possible.
8/10. 
Apr 2, 2023 12:29 PM

Mar 2021
Great finale would have liked to see Hiura get at least one Ippon though, hope we get a second season
Apr 2, 2023 1:24 PM

Dec 2013
What a bunch of losers...

But now seriously the show was so enjoyable, it is a shame they didn't win but that only makes you want to root harder for them, specially for Sanae, she never got a chance to shine, I can't remember the last time I felt it or if I ever did it for a sports anime but I would like a lot a second season, underrated show of the season for sure.
Apr 2, 2023 1:33 PM

Dec 2016
What a way to officially end up winter season.

This show was amazing from day one depicting both the care free moments and the exciting matches on the mat from this group of girls.

It was impossible to have a favorite pick in this show since every girl had their own spark, from Michi's genki attitude to Towa's determination, Anna's encouragement and her mischeavious self to Sanae's underdog but courageous spirit and also Hime's expertise and beauty. Also kudos to the author for making the adversaries endearing characters that do feel like part of this small judo world rather than make them a bunch of forgetable punching bags that serve as contrast for the main cast to shine.

Even though this studio has very few titles on their portfolio, this was a great example on how to cut corners on animation and still look amazing in the parts that require a heavier workload on the animators.

It was a true breath of fresh air for sports shows that do tend to linger waaaay too much on flashbacks in order to unnecesarily stretch out the matches. Really wish we could get a second season someday with the same staff.
Apr 2, 2023 1:43 PM

Jan 2016
such a sweet sweet show, no fan service, no innuendos, just pure friendship and enjoyment, in a very delicate and deep way (suppose the mangaka is a woman, if it's a man kudos to the guy)

please we need more shows like that, I don't want to be horny, I want to be happy :)
Apr 2, 2023 1:56 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusto el anime. Espero que hagan una segunda temporada

Apr 2, 2023 3:38 PM

Sep 2021
That truly was a wonderful finale to both this show and the Winter season! 

I was rooting for Towa so much, but unfortunatly, Emma had the upper hand in the end. That said, there was an incredible pressure on Towa here. I don't think she is any worse. And she will only get stronger! 
But after the defeat, Michi recovers quickly as ever and even makes friends with Emma. Those two get along quite well!
The "final" part was also very wholesome, with the ramen party and the photo. Emma's Sensei is really funny btw.! 

As for the overall show: My, this really flew below the radar this season. Even for me, I was all busy thinking about High Card, MagiRevo, Trigun and the others for the first weeks. Not because I thought Mou Ippon was worse, but because it's not so flashy. And sports anime that dont feature any "specials" (like Birdie Wing's mafia golf) are slow starters. 
Mou Ippon stays very true to the "common" style of sports anime: High school team fighting in tournaments, growing strong and forming great characters and relations. But an Anime doesn't have to be all innovative to be great, especially if it's well done. And Mou Ippon is VERY well done! The main cast is incredibly likeable and had wonderful development, the matches were breathtaking, the rivals got proper characterization - there isn't a single big criticism I have for this show. Even animation and ost were pretty good, plus I love the artstyle (no "giant eyes and boobs" girls!). Judo is also a very good sport for anime too, in my opinion. 

Without further ado, I pray this show will get much, much more attention in the future and, more importantly, a second season. I wanna see more of Michi and the others! Easily a 9/10 and my second-favorite show of Winter, shortly behind High Card. 
Apr 2, 2023 3:56 PM
Jan 2021
An absolute GEM for the winter season. Wholesome, inspirational, with lovable characters. I'm not familiar with the source material, but I would welcome a second season of this very enjoyable show. 
Apr 2, 2023 4:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
My final Winter 2023 show to end, I’m glad it was one of my favorites of the season. And the match ended up going the way I was hoping it would, a fantastic performance from both Towa and Emma but Emma ended up coming out on top which imo is the more realistic ending, our main girls are mostly first years so they have a lot of room to grow so I just think it makes sense, but Towa put up hell of a fight, there were so many crazy movements from both girls it was kind of hard to keep up but I was really enjoying it.

And I really loved all the scenes after the match with the girls chowing down on ramen and then meeting at the mall for an epic picture together. And then ending back at the ol stomping ground at the end of summer, a nice place to end it, and then a little bit of beach fun during the final credits to the ED, and I loved the end cards too.

And that was what I thought was a fantastic SoL/Sports anime, this was one I ended up picking on a whim once I already made my Winter 2023 list and I am so glad I did, this was such a fun time. I knew nothing about Judo before watching this but this show got me really interested, before I knew it I was heavily invested in all the matches lol. And not only that, we had some awesome characters to make this something truly special, I loved seeing them grow from the beginning of the show to how much they improved by the end, and they were all just a fun time in general. And it wasn’t just the main characters, the opponents they faced were all interesting too, I found myself not just rooting for the MCs but also their competition as bad as that sounds lol, I can’t help it tho because they were well written, I’m really gonna miss them all.

And the OP and ED were both very good too, very fitting and I absolutely loved the guitar intro and outro of the ED, it always got me kinda hyped lol. And with that my winter season ends and spring season is already starting as I speak, this was a great show and I’d love another season, I might also check out another judo anime I saw some folks recommending early on since this got me interested in the sport.
Apr 2, 2023 4:59 PM

Jan 2021
where is the part when towa defeats all opponents alone (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Apr 2, 2023 5:49 PM

Aug 2020
This is definitely an underrated show and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.  I hope it gets a second season and if it does I hope a more talented animation studio does it.
Apr 2, 2023 5:55 PM

Jan 2010
I enjoyed it more than I thought, this was just like ping pong girls. One found gold in underrated animes like theses.

My only issue was the direction they took in the last two chapters with the final match, everything else was good.
Apr 2, 2023 6:20 PM

Jul 2016
A shame Towa couldn't get one more win for the team but I'm glad to see there is still plenty of room for her and the girls to grow. Particularly can't wait to see what Anna could offer in a hypothetical sequel. Seriously, I would love a second season of this.

Overall, it was a pretty solid sports anime. Very character-focused and filled with lovable characters as well as decently written opponents.

7/10
Apr 2, 2023 7:22 PM

Dec 2015
I've waiting for a long time to see a martial art anime with a realistic story, finally we received it and was amazing, I loved Mou Ippon, perfect fight animations, very strict to real judo and a plus, this anime gave some interesting feelings like Tsurune, Kaze ga Tsuryoku, Hanebado, Giant Killing and others sports animes that have a realistic stories, that work with the life of a sportist and give us a story behind the sport, but unfortunately won't receive another season but I'll remember forever of  our "Tanoshii Ichinichii!"

Apr 2, 2023 10:28 PM

Nov 2019
Decent show, love how there's no plot armor, it was obvious they wouldn't win with remaining last two episodes, has more yuri innuendos than the actual yuri one of the season

6/10
Apr 2, 2023 11:44 PM

Jul 2019
Hey, we finally got a beach episode! lol

Man, I loved this show, it was a lot of fun. My only complaint is that I would have loved for Hiura to have gotten at least 2 wins in that last match, she was really built up to be this prodigy, so it kinda sucked that she only beat 1 clearly worn-out opponent. Her fight with Emma should have been the 3rd fight, and then she loses, as clearly, they were never going to win the whole thing, and I'm glad they didn't as that would have felt way too asspully for me, but it would have been nice to have built her up just a little more as a threat. All in all though, a minor complaint, loved the series, and really hope it gets a season 2 as we really need to see that rematch between her and Amane.
Apr 3, 2023 6:22 AM

Sep 2020
This is why I cruise through every seasonals, reading all the synopses and watching trailers... To find hidden gems like these. It was a fun watch and most episodes left me intrigued and sometimes frustrated when results didn't go my way as all sports series should be. I hope this gets a sequel because I can't find the manga anywhere.

7/10

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Apr 3, 2023 3:36 PM

Nov 2016
Most overlooked show last season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2023 9:56 PM

Jul 2013
What everyone expected: Cute girls doing judo for fun

What everyone got: a seriously inspirational sports anime sprinkled with cute friendships and better animation than actual sports anime.

I don't think anyone expected actual competitions in this anime and that the characters actually took judo seriously. This is more than just a slice of life that's for sure and the matches are seriously gripping without being overly edgy like Blue Lock. It might be ironic to say the least but this is how a shonen sports anime should be done. Respecting the sports and not relying on overly dramatic screams to the point of being a parody like Blue Lock.

8/10
Apr 4, 2023 1:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice last episode!!
Intense the last fight, but I keep one thing, MIchi's smile!!!

7/10

Apr 4, 2023 11:29 AM

Oct 2008
Hiura gave us such an awesome fight! I wonder if she can beat again Emma once Hiura goes trains more and more...hmmmm...
5/5.

Apr 4, 2023 11:20 PM

Feb 2014
This was more dissapoiting than I thought it would be even though we were all expecting they would lose.
"I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the it doesn´t even matter" felt like xD

Also, they talk too much during the fighting scenes and too much monologues; there are even backstories spoiling the tension created by the fights. 
Also (2), kinda of bugged me a bit how they end up friends with every opponent they compete against.
I mean, it´s not like a condemn those, but when they exagerated it´s when it starts to spoil my overall enjoyment. But that happens here and there in animes like this *sigh*

But don´t take me wrong, it´s a solid good anime, those are just my personal opinion  / feelings here but they spoiled somewhat my enjoyment in the end, I confess =(
TechOtakuApr 5, 2023 1:04 PM
Apr 5, 2023 3:04 PM

Sep 2020
Really great ending! Though they didn't win the tournament at the end, overall very enjoyable sports anime.
Apr 7, 2023 2:20 PM

Jan 2021
This was great. It really went a bit into judo, and I also learned a little bit about judo. The final match between Emma and Hiura was really intense, though I feel like every match kept me on the edge. The characters were likeable too, and you could see that they had all grown by the end. I'd really like a second season, especially since I want to see Michi shine more. 

Hidden gem, and I'd give it an 8.

Apr 9, 2023 3:53 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I honestly love a sports anime like this where after matches people aren't like, "I'll avenge my father" or some weird crap. Like after the matches these girls mostly become friends, you know, like normal people do IF they interact. It's just really nice to see folks just being chill with each other. They're all super cute. It was a nice ride!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 13, 2023 1:29 PM

Nov 2013
and so ends one of the funniest animes from this season

it was great to watch all the fun, hard work, pain, honor and tears that every girl in the series put for their club

Michi was obviously my favorite, for being such a ball of energy that never gave up on a fight, even agains't girls much bigger than her
there were many other nice charas, like Anna, Towa, Sanae, Emma, Erika, Midoriko and Himeno

if i had to pick a manga to read from this season, this might have been the one lol
anyway, 9/10, i'd love to watch more
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 19, 2023 9:13 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Yeah... I liked that quite a bit. I've been telling my friends who have actually practiced martial arts about it. 7/10. Would not complain if we got more.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Apr 29, 2023 10:00 AM

Jul 2015
Sad yet understandable that the girls didn't win considering considering how strong their opponents were but still hats-off to their effort. As someone who does judo since the age of 6, it was fun seeing this anime and recognize a few relatable irl moments in it.

May 13, 2023 2:02 AM

Jun 2009
Surprisingly good anime,

fluid martial art animation movement with quite enjoyable story. Solid 7/10
May 14, 2023 2:13 AM

Nov 2013
Quite realistic result. I was afraid Towa will beat everyone just because she is the main character, but it's actually almost impossible to do against five strong opponents. She was already pretty tired during the second match plus Emma is incredibly talented.
All in all, must watch for CGDCT crowd and for the people who likes female sports animes. Awesome characters, cute girls, good art and animation, interesting competitions. Everything just good.
May 25, 2023 12:09 PM

Jun 2016
the ending is very dissapointed !!!

why hiura lose to that stupid blonde girl !!!

0/10 
Jun 1, 2023 8:57 AM
Jul 2020
cute girls doing sports
Jul 20, 2023 8:49 PM

Apr 2015
Loved it. I wished they let us see more of the opponent team not just the 2 but I guess they couldn't fit that in just 2 episodes
but I felt it was a sport anime done right, kinda fun and straight to the point and not much talk and stalling like all or almost any sports anime

I would love to see a 2nd season 
Aug 14, 2023 8:39 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Not quite enjoyable to watch, the mc is to noisy and kinda big mouth, the glasses girl never win at all useless and to many flashback wasting time, well No wonder The rating is low definitely not an anime for everyone, if the s2 release maybe I will just skip it, 5/10 for me
Feb 22, 6:29 AM

Aug 2019
Michi always brings me happiness, but when I see Emma who looks like Michi, it makes me a little annoyed. At least Towa managed to do Ippon to Hana in the previous episode and that was enough to make me happy.

However, I don't see them aiming for the top like most other sports anime, they just love Judo, getting together and competing together or maybe I just missed it, whatever. I'll be happy if the anime gets a second season but even if it doesn't, I don't mind because the ending was good enough.
Apr 1, 3:11 PM
Jun 2021
7/10 For Me.. Thank for making good series...
Apr 15, 6:39 AM
Apr 2024
Casual sports anime, like it
Sep 5, 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
Thanks to the Summer Stack Challenges, I choosed to rewatch Mou Ippon, and I gotta say it was a great time!
I kinda like characters like Anna, a little tsundere but when you need them, they show up, but not tsundere to the Bakugo point, I can't see anything good on that guy.
I may rewatch something else while I'm still on vacations haha

My Candies:

Sep 5, 3:14 PM

Nov 2012
Thanks to the Summer Stack Challenges, I choosed to rewatch Mou Ippon, and I gotta say it was a great time!
I kinda like characters like Anna, a little tsundere but when you need them, they show up, but not tsundere to the Bakugo point, I can't see anything good on that guy.
I may rewatch something else while I'm still on vacations haha

My Candies:

More topics from this board

» Please help me find this very brief scene (episode unknown)

seasons - Sep 20

3 by seasons »»
Sep 28, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

50 by smemorato »»
Jun 22, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2023

26 by Seabury »»
Mar 6, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

28 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

18 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.