Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2023 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
It looks like Sanae has a case of anxiety on the floor. Not too surprising given her personality and the stakes of the match.

It's great that she has the support of her teammates though. If anything, this anime has an importance of bonding and friendship. The matches themselves were pretty intense imo.
Jan 29, 2023 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
The entry into the tournament went good, without any big problems .. except Michi being Michi i guess, lol, but as expected the second part is much more of a challenge. The rival and her team went full ham, everyone wants the win after all.

But our girls from aoba west won't give up. The tourney continues into next week.
Jan 29, 2023 10:01 AM

Apr 2014
ahhh geeezzz the cliffhanger ending. Why did I need to wait for one week to know the result?
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 29, 2023 10:15 AM

May 2015
It is not a bad anime per se, but after the forth episode it has made me realize again why I usually avoid sport anime - the competitions bore me to hell. The problem is not with the competition as an event in the story but the panels anime use to tell about it. Most likely there will be more competitions in the future episodes so I would be better off dropping it now.
IshitatesoJan 29, 2023 10:35 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jan 29, 2023 10:46 AM

Mar 2021
Its great to see how supportive of each other the Girls are, i cant wait to see how the match ends
Jan 29, 2023 10:55 AM
Jul 2021
IMHO, E4 showcases how our characters are learning how to be supportive of their teammates and of others within the Judo community.

Ten years from now their Judo will make it so they are the positive glue in their homes and offices.

I am not a fan of sports but I am a big fan of team building and this show is great for young girls learning those skills, IMO
Jan 29, 2023 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty intense match, this episode went by fast. This is gonna end in a draw most likely.
Jan 29, 2023 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
The Judo tournament comes around, and the ace Amane makes her school Kasumigaoka High proud of the potential of achieving 1st place. Sanae looks like she's about to be crushed under the pressure, and Michi helps her relieve her stress. This is just the starter position for Aoba West, and Sanae's start for an ippon gives both Michi and Towa a fighting chance for a win and a tie.

The fated match beckons between Kasumigaoka and Aoba West, and the first to go is Sanae vs. Seno, with half-points combined to knock the former out quick and swift. Next up is Towa vs. Amane, and where it all started for the former is by watching the latter do Judo practices day in, night out to eventually be taught by her, and this match is the culmination of that practice. Despite her shortcomings, Towa will make full use of her time to recoup her strength once again for a showing of improvement.

The result of Towa vs. Amane, next week.
Jan 29, 2023 5:50 PM

Dec 2013
That was pretty intense, poor Michi has yet to get her moment to shine, it is unfortunate I have no idea about anything of the sport to enjoy it even more.
Jan 29, 2023 6:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The tournament has begun, and these matches have been pretty awesome. I wish we could see every match in full detail but of course I know that’s not possible lol. Winning their first game was a good motivator for the rival battle to come after, but Sanae sadly got swamped by Seno, there’s a lot of power in that tiny girl lol. And then came the heart of the rival battle, Towa and Amane are really duking it out, some nice animation in there too especially when the fight first started, I can imagine Burning Heart by Survivor playing here lol. And they did what I didn’t think they’d do, stop us on a cliffhanger right before the pivotal moment, I’m really hyped for next week tho.

I also really liked the backstory shown between Towa and Amane, definitely helps give more context to this rivalry and makes the match feel that much more important, it’s hard to imagine Towa as a newbie too but everyone has a starting point. I also enjoyed Michi motivating Sanae with those ass slaps lol, I always thought that was a jock dude thing but maybe it’s a sports thing in general, wholesome butt slaps tho lol.
Jan 30, 2023 4:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Starts the championship regional1!!

Well, the second round we have a hard combat to define the future!!!

kekeke
Jan 30, 2023 9:46 AM

May 2015
The first half was quite boring, maybe I just don't see the appeal in judo itself and the characters aren't as engaging. The later part about rivalry was a bit better.
Jan 30, 2023 6:06 PM

Jul 2016
Wish they would have explained how the score system works but other than that, it was a pretty good episode overall. Guess Towa and Amane are gonna tie so Michi can finally have her moment to shine.
Jan 31, 2023 8:02 AM

Sep 2020
Really great episode, the competition is very intense, and the last part where their past is shown is very beautiful.
Feb 1, 2023 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
Intense fight! 
Hiura versus Amane was just toe-to-toe on par with each other!
if their fight would end-up being tie and then our main heroine is gonna be the tie breaker in the next ep! nice!
5/5.

Feb 2, 2023 2:35 AM
Jan 2022
I see current score in this anime until episode 4. Score 6.80 is underated. I think this anime deserve to get score 7
Feb 3, 2023 7:38 AM

Nov 2013
finally starting with the tournament, we see Amane's team destroying their opponents without much effort, and Amane made sure to tell out team to not lose in the 1st round

damn Sanae is so nervous she tripped and couldn't find her glasses LOL she was terrified of the opponents, but came back to earth after a... butt slap , nice :D
Michi told her to stop worrying about winning or losing the 1st match, and gave her another slap which made Sanae fall LOL best scene
she even went with the "you actually should lose so i can play too" , Sanae didn't like that one hahaha
all that ended up with Sanae not shaking anymore, and her glasses came back down, revealing that the opponents aren't even that scary
the match was hard, but thinking about Michi, she ended up holding the other girl down for (the longest ever) 20 seconds and won, yay :D
lol they were too busy talking and almost lost the highlight of Towa's match, when she threw her opponent down for another ippon, with Erika paying close attention to her

Michi went to fight (thought there's no point after 2 wins but nice that everyone can play), but no matter how motivated she was, she ended up in a draw, omg her face hahaha

well with the 1st victory, time for a picture with the teacher, everyone is all smiles, meanwhile Amane is not amused
one of Amane teammates made sure to say thanks for all the help in practice, since she will be retiring soon (Amane told her to hold her retirement until nationals, since they will win even there, she dreams big)

Michi again with her antics, she can't stay quiet for a second, specially if she managed to win so strongly, like Amane or Towa did ... she got warned many times in past tournaments :D

already starting the next match mid episode, i thought they would use it as a cliffhanger or something lol

Sanae tried to grab Seno, but failed, and Seno went full offensive mode and beat her
i like how Seno is such a baka tho, having her belt loose or not listening to the judge "bow"

well with the match 0-1 (and pretty fast too), all the pressure is on Towa, to beat her senpai, who has been looking forward for revenge on her for a while

Sanae apologising for the loss, and Michi went with the 3rd ass slap of the day LOL
"just leave it to us" , i wonder if Michi can beat her opponent this time, her last match didn't go too well

first, we have the flashback on Towa/Amane, with how Towa spied on Amane doing her training (damn she went on that rope training for more than 1 hour?), but as towa was about to leave, Amane came and got her

what an intense match, with tons of grab, but also many failed attempts at making the other fall, when it seemed like one of them was gonna do it, the other one put her foot back on the floor with a loud noise (just like Bocchi when playing guitar)
ofc, she would remember something in the middle of the match and give a chance to Amane to throw her down, but thanfully, it wasn't an ippon yet

after a little pause to fix the uniforms, they went back at it, with Towa scoring a point, and from there on, all the thoughts about their happy days together or how pathetic they looked when they lost but, win or lose, they want to apologise and be friends again ...
but before that, last 10 seconds ... and it really went to a cliffhanger LOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 26, 2023 7:57 AM
Feb 2016
Como no se permite dejar una puntación si dejar un comentario, pondré un comentario generico.
Me gusta mucho este anime.

Oct 17, 2023 5:23 AM
May 2023
This episode was another great one.

More topics from this board

» Please help me find this very brief scene (episode unknown)

seasons - Sep 20

3 by seasons »»
Sep 28, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2023

47 by knktzvra »»
Sep 5, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

50 by smemorato »»
Jun 22, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2023

26 by Seabury »»
Mar 6, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2023

28 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.