Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 9, 2022 3:54 PM
Sep 2021
Personally, i never imagined Yotsuba to end up being with Fuutaro. I wont say who I wanted him to be with as I dont want to start drama BUT... I have to say.. I loved the outcome regardless. I think the way that the creator matched those two together was genius even though i wanted a different outcome. Yotsuba was by far (even if she was your 1st) statistically the least favorite of the 5. However, the way the creator used that phycology and story telling to change my mind and perspective on the most quite shunned character ... in retrospect, there couldn't have been a better outcome.

Let me know your feelings on the outcome of the film/series, in my opinion, it ended perfectly and the author thought further than I ever could. They knew what I wanted with out me even knowing it.

P.S pls be nice in the comment section. I understand that everyone has their own different favorites on who he shouldve been with but you have to admit, it was done really well. Yotsuba was always in the sidelines when in reality she was always the one for him, ever since the beginning theres been subtle hints and thats what i think makes this show fantastic.
Dec 9, 2022 4:12 PM
Apr 2021
Agreed! I was spoiled on Yotsuba before movie and was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked, regardless of it not being who I was rooting for
Dec 9, 2022 4:13 PM
Dec 2021
I agree πŸ’― percent.

P.S yotsuba solos.
@animeispeace
Dec 9, 2022 4:15 PM
Sep 2022
As for my no.1 it's yotsuba and as far as I can tell she haven't been given much screentime nor character development in the series as compared to other girls (nino and miku especially) have plenty of character development and screentime that's why I have no complaints to the people who are supporting other girls and want them to win rather than yotsuba.

We have seen yotsuba as cheerful and playful type of girl who can bring smile on your face but always end up as side character in most of the anime but I am glad she won. this outcome is my personal favourite.

P.S. this is my personal opinion
(ah, i have wanted to talk about this for a long time, now I'm feeling kind of light)
Dec 9, 2022 4:17 PM
Jul 2021
hmm how do i say this. i think there could've been a better way at showcasing what was the reason why futaro picked yotsuba. as far as the conflict goes, the one where the original father met them then finally resolved in in a few minutes, i felt like it was quite underwhelming. season 2 had better conflict and was overall more entertaining. don't get me wrong i love yotsuba i also love itsuki too. i just felt like it wasn't the best ending it could've been but then again I can't really expect this to be as high tier as love is war.
Dec 9, 2022 4:22 PM
Sep 2022
DanielCrynn said:
hmm how do i say this. i think there could've been a better way at showcasing what was the reason why futaro picked yotsuba. as far as the conflict goes, the one where the original father met them then finally resolved in in a few minutes, i felt like it was quite underwhelming. season 2 had better conflict and was overall more entertaining. don't get me wrong i love yotsuba i also love itsuki too. i just felt like it wasn't the best ending it could've been but then again I can't really expect this to be as high tier as love is war.

I agree that real father arc really was short, I think author bring him just to tell us how scum of a person their real father was
Dec 9, 2022 4:26 PM
Mar 2021
I did imagine that Yotsube would end up with Fuutarou cause I read the manga πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Dec 9, 2022 4:30 PM
Apr 2021
I wanted Yotsuba to win from the start so I think that the ending was awesome
Dec 9, 2022 4:40 PM
Apr 2022
I am happy for Yotsuba…really. Demo, it made no sense. The ending was clearly rushed because she had little interaction/development throughout the story( unlike Nino, Miku, and Itsuki). In my opinion, Nino or Miku should have won(with a focus on Nino). Mangaka literally modeled Yotsuba after his wife, so that’s probably she won anyway
Dec 9, 2022 5:31 PM
Apr 2022
thought it would be yotsuba after itsuki asked her about telling him about the past. (I wanted itsuki to win)

however, my GOD was the film boring and terrible (IMO). I'm a little bit more angry about it as I spent money on premium seats to watch it in the cinema

the whole scene where she runs away and the sisters help fuutarou reminds me of ToraDora a tiny bit.
Dec 9, 2022 5:53 PM
Jun 2022
I thought it was pretty enjoyable but the part that ruined the experience for me was A the quint i wanted to win did not win and B lots of manga scenes were cut out. But for what it was and the facts that i like all of them and they all “deserved” to be chosen i could not rank it lower than a 4/5
Dec 9, 2022 6:13 PM
Nov 2020
The series needed to be longer in order for me to enjoy the ending. Yotsuba winning in the end could work,but she would need more development like Nino and Miku got. As is ending feels like a "Ha I got you bet you didn't see that one coming" from the author. As much as I hate it would have even preferred a classic no one wins over the ending we got.
Dec 9, 2022 6:45 PM
Jun 2017
Honestly, I felt like the quints could've had an equal or similar amount of screentime instead of letting Nino and Miku get most of the screentime so that the bride would still remain a mystery and maybe reduce some hate when the bride is revealed. But anyways the show was great even if my favourite quint didn't win.
Dec 9, 2022 6:51 PM

Jan 2021
I think the ending could have been better worked, but it works fine enough. As much as Nino was my favourite I didn't have that many hopes that she would win for what she did at the beggining, she screwed up before starting to love Fuutaro. As for Yotsuba, she is my second favourite, so I'm happy that she won.
Dec 9, 2022 6:56 PM
Sep 2020
I think that they should have made a third season with possibly more yotsuba time, and it would have made the movie less rushed. But regardless, even though she wasn’t my favorite, I was pleasantly surprised of who he picked and in the end made sense

One thing I feared going in was that he wouldn’t have picked anybody, which would have been outcome, but I’m glad he didn’t
Dec 9, 2022 9:27 PM

Aug 2022
9/10 good movie. But nino should have soloed. And it was a little predictable. Not that much of a problem. I would like to see a alternative ending tho.
Dec 9, 2022 9:45 PM
Jun 2017
The overall storyline I didn't like so much, regardless of the girl I support. Story could have been executed better if they developed the winning girl more, the way they did things just made it look as if their love was rather... shallow? I guess. The feelings conveyed from the plot and dialogues were great tho. Feelings as in the internal conflicts each character had, their thoughts, and eventually their resolve, not just talking about their love for MC. A lot of the dialogues just resonated with me on a spiritual level, like, dang you just enlightened my soul with that line. So all in all, I enjoyed the experience.
Dec 9, 2022 9:52 PM

Apr 2021
4/10 horrible movie. The clown wins in the end. Someone said that the author's wife has a similar personality
I love Monogatari Series
Dec 9, 2022 10:25 PM
Apr 2020
Logically it made sense because she was his first love but it did feel just a little out of place at first. I kinda wish they gave her a little more time with Futaro in season 2. But regardless I still liked it a lot and they tied it all up very well together at the end
Dec 10, 2022 3:41 AM
Aug 2022
I was always looking for the one who met the protagonist (when he was delinquent type boy in a trip) for the whole series. But I didn't even imagined that Yotauba was the one. In my thought it's Ending was perfect 😍 loved it
Dec 10, 2022 3:46 AM

Mar 2021
yotsuba may have won but now miku is all mine πŸ’―
Dec 10, 2022 10:29 AM
Jan 2019
I was expecting some tears because of course it's not an happy ending for everyone, I ended up being wrong I guess
Dec 10, 2022 11:48 AM
Sep 2020
im happy about the outcome and I did enjoy the movie, but it might have worked a bit better as 3rd season. They reeeeeally rushed some parts
Dec 10, 2022 3:04 PM
Nov 2022
πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒπŸ˜•πŸ™β˜ΉοΈ
Dec 11, 2022 2:08 AM
Jan 2020
Maybe the ending could have been more climax I guess
Dec 11, 2022 2:08 AM
Jan 2020
Maybe the ending could have been more climax I guess
Dec 12, 2022 2:29 AM

Dec 2020
when i read the manga forever ago i thought it was crazy when he ended up with yotsuba, she was my favorite from the start, but it felt unique. it didnt feel stereotypical or anything, and imo it gave fuutarou more depth to his character. showing the type of girl he really likes, it was cute to see the buildup to it too.
Dec 14, 2022 1:41 PM
Jul 2020
I only found out about QQ last weekend, fast foward and I'm wrapping up the movie at 2am the following Monday morning lol. Was a zombie at work.

Both the series and the movie gave me everything I wanted; amazing characters to adore, lots of thinking about who the chosen girl would be, the wedding at the end and to cap it off my favorite girl got the win. I loved how Yotsuba was shown as feeling like she had no chance; she cried when she kissed Futaro and only went into her room to get her phone, not expecting him to be there. Some people will say its an inferiority complex but I saw it as Yotsuba having made peace with herself, accepting things were not the same as when she and Futaro were kids, and was happy for any of her sisters to end up with him. A big win for the underdog (and made me feel a bit better over Yui missing out in Oregairu!)

What a ride, I haven't had PADS for so long and QQ knocked me out the park, I've tried watching other anime to move on but I can't stop dwelling over it. Lessons learned: don't binge on anime so quickly, and DEFINITELY don't finish in the early hours of Monday morning!
Dec 14, 2022 6:33 PM
Jan 2022
lostkeysci said:
Agreed! I was spoiled on Yotsuba before movie and was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked, regardless of it not being who I was rooting for

Yes I have been spoiled
Dec 14, 2022 6:35 PM
Jan 2022
Fenyy said:
Personally, i never imagined Yotsuba to end up being with Fuutaro. I wont say who I wanted him to be with as I dont want to start drama BUT... I have to say.. I loved the outcome regardless. I think the way that the creator matched those two together was genius even though i wanted a different outcome. Yotsuba was by far (even if she was your 1st) statistically the least favorite of the 5. However, the way the creator used that phycology and story telling to change my mind and perspective on the most quite shunned character ... in retrospect, there couldn't have been a better outcome.

Let me know your feelings on the outcome of the film/series, in my opinion, it ended perfectly and the author thought further than I ever could. They knew what I wanted with out me even knowing it.

P.S pls be nice in the comment section. I understand that everyone has their own different favorites on who he shouldve been with but you have to admit, it was done really well. Yotsuba was always in the sidelines when in reality she was always the one for him, ever since the beginning theres been subtle hints and thats what i think makes this show fantastic.

My first initial guess when I first watched it I thought it was going to be itsuki. But then as the story progresses I thought it was gonna be Miku or Nino. But then I started to realized the stuff about Yotsuba then got spoiled and now I’m here
Dec 18, 2022 7:57 AM
Dec 2020
They did dirty to Ichika at second and this is what I get? SAD but the overall movie is actually not that bad.
sad

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 19, 2022 8:20 AM

Feb 2020
Fenyy said:

Thank you. I genuinely love all of the quints (Ichika, eh idk), and I would've been okay regardless of the outcome. I was definitely a Nino (and maybe Miku) supporter at the beginning of the movie, but what makes me know that the movie did it RIGHT is that I came out of the experience fully supporting Yotsuba. Did it fuckin hurt to see Miku tell Nino it was over in the classroom, and them both crying? Fuck yeah, it did. But man, this series has taken me through so much. There's no way I could dump on that.
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Dec 25, 2022 6:33 PM
Oct 2009
Actually in 2 seasons i thought that Yotsuba was a goo choice she was never angry and always on MC side, but i thought that Miku was the best choice in season one, they just made it that way, i didn't like Yotsuba in the  Movies at all, not the character we saw for 2 seasons. I liked Nino in 2-nd season and in the Movie, she was made the best girl, for some reason they distances Miku from MC, maybe because she was too good in S1, however look what they did with Nino, we got cool girl that refused to give up at all and was ready to go full throttle despite everything she gave it all and tried everything. She was shown very nice also she stayed true to herself, many things were hard for but she did her best. After everything up to this point i would put Nino, Miku and Yotsuba, all off them have their strong points and it just depends on the time each of them were shown greatly but at some in S1 Nino was shown not from the best side, Miku was shown  with far weaker presence since S1 (she also had strong points and daring chacacter who stood up to Nino but was made later as a wuss). Yotsuba was shown almost as a perfection in S1-S2 but with a lot of flaws in the MOVIE. Still after watching everything i think i should give more credits to Nino, she was okay in S1, showed great character and efforts in S2 and Movie, Miku was unrivaled in S1, but later they made a wuss out of her. Yotsuba had very little time in S1-S2 but from perfect points, i actually thought she was the girl sometimes and i had a feeling that she holds because she feels guilt towards others but she was totally flawed character in the Movie. Anyways if you look from strong points all 3 of them are definitely a girlfriend material

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

360 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Sep 9, 11:52 AM

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end ( 1 2 )

Megan1918 - Apr 15

55 by Eclipsemaster »»
Sep 7, 4:14 AM

» The hate on this movie is undeserved

did4375 - Jul 6

21 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 19, 2:58 AM

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Apr 25

29 by speedranime_ »»
Apr 27, 5:03 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.