Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2022 9:23 AM

Jul 2010
I wonder if we should take her story at face value or she's lying/skipping some parts.
Well if she doesn't, then we're finally getting her entire backstory, told from the very childhood. Very interesting
Nov 1, 2022 12:37 PM
Sep 2020
TheMangaManiac said:
I wonder if we should take her story at face value or she's lying/skipping some parts.
Well if she doesn't, then we're finally getting her entire backstory, told from the very childhood. Very interesting

I don't think she's lying at this point. That wouldn't make sense, wasting multiple chapters based on a lie. I think with age she both lost and gained her sanity - and now she's revealing her side of the story that she never disclosed to anyone. I'm hoping to see her perspective about Seichi soon.
Nov 1, 2022 1:54 PM
Oct 2020
TheMangaManiac said:
I don't think she's lying now but maybe skipping some parts
Nov 1, 2022 6:43 PM
Mar 2015
She still sees herself as a middle schooler
Nov 4, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2010
I don't think she's lying neither, I just think it would be interesting for her to do so. I absolutely love "unreliable narrator" trope.
Nov 6, 2022 3:38 AM

Jan 2020
"The other side", huh? Kind of reminiscent of Aku no Hana...
Nov 12, 2022 11:51 PM

Dec 2020
Nothing really interesting here, it feels really "bland" with nothing to interpret. I really hope it's all a lie and they will not justify everything with the "broken dream childhood" trope because it would be way too lazy (and nothing traumatic so far tbh).

Also, an actress job is to "fake" so...
Nov 13, 2022 7:01 AM

Aug 2021
Arfenik said:
Nothing really interesting here, it feels really "bland" with nothing to interpret. I really hope it's all a lie and they will not justify everything with the "broken dream childhood" trope because it would be way too lazy (and nothing traumatic so far tbh).

i dont think being told by ur parents that theyd be better off without u isnt traumatic
its obvious shes fucked in the head because of how she was brought up, just like sei

im sensing that an accidental pregnancy denied her dream of becoming an actress - simltaneously she hated the child and her life for this, but also loved it very much because it was literally the only /thing/ she had in her life
lack of satisfaction in the life of a housewife is a known issue, and on top of that her parents fucked her up, she was denied agency and her dream was stolen - of course that would fuck her up even more
im sympathizing with her, because usually the oppressor is a victim themselves - still that doesnt exonerate her obviously

or am i being manipulated by the mommy? maybe she is simply ontologically evil haha

yeah im at a point of which i have no idea whether she actually pushed that kid off a cliff, sei is also REALLY fucked in the head (cuz of her), like cmon, dudes got visions, screaming and mumbling to himself, theyre all extremely traumatized and suffer mental illness (which japan generally doesnt really care about)
Nov 14, 2022 7:50 AM

Dec 2020
weganizm said:
Arfenik said:

i dont think being told by ur parents that theyd be better off without u isnt traumatic
its obvious shes fucked in the head because of how she was brought up, just like sei

im sensing that an accidental pregnancy denied her dream of becoming an actress - simltaneously she hated the child and her life for this, but also loved it very much because it was literally the only /thing/ she had in her life
lack of satisfaction in the life of a housewife is a known issue, and on top of that her parents fucked her up, she was denied agency and her dream was stolen - of course that would fuck her up even more
im sympathizing with her, because usually the oppressor is a victim themselves - still that doesnt exonerate her obviously

or am i being manipulated by the mommy? maybe she is simply ontologically evil haha

yeah im at a point of which i have no idea whether she actually pushed that kid off a cliff, sei is also REALLY fucked in the head (cuz of her), like cmon, dudes got visions, screaming and mumbling to himself, theyre all extremely traumatized and suffer mental illness (which japan generally doesnt really care about)

I got your point, but it would be a crazy disapointing (to not say bad) narrative.

Obviously she lived through traumatic stuff, but Seichi head is less fucked than her, and so far we saw he suffered WAY MORE than her. She's not a victim at all for me, everybody doesn't live his life like he always wanted. Seichi went to jail and had a way more horrible youth so far because of her, with his cousin dying, his family exploding, his crush leaving...

I absolutly don't know what to expect anyway. I just hope she's lying so far or that it covers something worst.
Nov 14, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2021
im assuming some sexual assault is about to happen now that she's dreaming about an actress, well a lesson can be learn from there but again idk how it's going to be interpreted next chapter and so forth.
Nov 15, 2022 10:45 PM
Mar 2021
welp just binged to this chapter didnt realize it was an ongoing series
Nov 16, 2022 4:40 AM

Jun 2016
Unfortunately, I think we should be prepared for a very generic and predictable ending. something like "their dark past is behind them, now they will heal together"
Nov 18, 2022 6:39 AM
Nov 2021
This manga if pretty f*cked up
Nov 23, 2022 10:54 PM
Dec 2020
Finally the mother's backstory revealed. We learn that she wished to become an actor and how Ichiro and her met. Jesus no wonder the 13 volumes were only a prologue...
Nov 26, 2022 8:05 AM
Feb 2022
Is this manga weekly or monthly?
Nov 28, 2022 5:05 PM
May 2022
last 40 chapters were just so.. weird. like most of it was so unnecessary.. why are we getting the backstory just now?
Dec 7, 2022 8:36 PM
May 2022
generational trauma is a real bitch
Dec 21, 2022 5:13 AM
Jul 2016
Kyubi4 said:
last 40 chapters were just so.. weird. like most of it was so unnecessary.. why are we getting the backstory just now?

I think the same thing, before the manga was a 10 for me, but now it feels like they are making it unecessarily long... I just want to finish it already
Feb 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Feb 2018
Truly, acting gives that self freedom to one, who can be someone else someone besides themselves and that is.. for some the greatest salvation. Sei's face hearing his mother's life story with eyes wide open, like a little kid.
Apr 15, 2023 3:30 AM

Oct 2013
Feeling hollow inside, wanting to be someone else just for a moment, just to forget about one's whole emptiness... Seiko had really a life full of sadness before giving birth to Seiichi.
Yesterday, 2:19 AM

Mar 2017
shes probably the best actor ive ever seen, always thought she was bipolar but was all acting after all
algum tuga aqui?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 134 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Nov 30, 2022

10 by 9vash »»
Yesterday, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 133 Discussion

JohnnyBoi56 - Nov 28, 2022

7 by 9vash »»
Yesterday, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 131 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Oct 18, 2022

14 by 9vash »»
Oct 18, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 129 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Sep 13, 2022

16 by 9vash »»
Oct 18, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 128 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Aug 25, 2022

15 by 9vash »»
Oct 18, 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.