Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2022 3:27 AM

Apr 2014
This episode feels so short and it is the best episode so far.
Sunny Passion got eliminated Wait... What da f... was happening? Wien is too strong and she is even just a middle school student.

Haggu shiyo! This episode was sooo dramatic, but, hey!, I love that hug. It was sooooooooo good.

AkeZZZSep 18, 2022 9:47 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 18, 2022 3:29 AM

Feb 2020
Oh my. I definitely didn't expect Sunny Passion to get eliminated. What a big shock.

This was a very emotional episode.

Aww, that hug. <3

SerafosDec 26, 2023 1:07 PM
Sep 18, 2022 6:11 AM

Jul 2011
What the heck! We didnt even get to see a decent presentation of SunnyPa, and they are now eliminated. That's not very, Pa! of the series planning.

Wien still with her "I have the high ground" approach.

My love for Sumire grew more in this episode, if wasn't already big.
Sep 18, 2022 11:29 AM

Feb 2019
Top 5 love live episode all time for me. This was a masterclass. My baby sumire shouldering all of the blame for Keke was so sweet. Despite how much they argue they really are the best of friends. The animation and facial expressions during the hug scene at the end was some of the best you’ll see. “I hate you, but I love you” beautiful ending.
Marinate1016Sep 18, 2022 11:36 AM
Sep 18, 2022 12:34 PM

Jun 2014
Great ep for Sumire and Keke, and I also loved Shiki & Natsumi's thought processes (:<

But one of the things I like least about S2 compared with S1 is how Wien just randomly materializes and somehow that's completely normal to Kanon lol? Overall I think SS is by far the most grounded and realistic series of the franchise, but Wien's shenanigans are throwing me off
Sep 18, 2022 1:58 PM
Jul 2017
After 6 years joining MAL this is my first review post in this platform. Ep 9 is so good that it made me want to share my thoughts haha. I never expected this tension and drama to be so high, especially with Kanon, Sumire, and Keke along with the first years. For me LL superstar is definitely giving us a good storytelling experience addition to the franchise especially S2 where we get to see realistic decision makings and confrontations due to some high stakes. Ep 9 definitely showed us that in my opinion. Definitely one of my top LL scenes. Hoping this season will wrap up nicely.
Sep 18, 2022 2:00 PM
May 2022
the episode make me cry 😭
Sep 18, 2022 3:33 PM

Mar 2021
Best episode so far

Gotta love Sumire and Keke's relationship they do not really like each other but cant live without each other at the same time

Their hug at the end was so sweet and lovely
Sep 18, 2022 5:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course there had to be some drama after seeing an opponent that strong, and Sumire only wanted the older ones to perform to try to secure the win but of course they have to all perform together, sweet scene between Sumire and Keke :)
Sep 18, 2022 8:51 PM
Mar 2021
LETS GOOOO SUMIRE AND KEKE THEY GAY LOL
Sep 18, 2022 9:14 PM

Apr 2020
Me when I am crying
Sep 18, 2022 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
Even SunnyPa can't compete with Margaret, and Kanon almost did the infamous slap, full of surprises.

Don't forget "sHiBuyA kAnOn" I swear it's a meme now every time she appears lmao. Said something, refuse to elaborate, and then leave.
Sep 19, 2022 2:06 AM

Jan 2012
Who left that one stupid review on the main page? Get your weak trash outta here! Not recommended? Show some damn respect to one of the greatest anime in recent times!

Just gonna be straight. This episode may have been the most hype-invoking anime masterpiece I've watched in quite some time. I just had to go and get me a cheesecake before pressing play, not knowing what I was getting myself into. And now I have discovered what I like to call "cheesecake mode." You best believe that's a real thing! Even though I'm not big on love myself (single and lonely from day one), I can salute the vibes on display here with all the hand holding and especially the spectacle that is this wonderfully exhilarating love-hate relationship between Keke and Sumire. I thought the Ren gaming episode was something else, but this is levels even atop that. My hype just burst through the stratosphere when Keke embraced Sumire near the end with everyone looking on. Bless the people who have a fingerprint on this Superstar production! They know what us boys like! And for the ladies who happen to be watching this show big up all of you as well.
Sep 19, 2022 2:16 AM
Feb 2019
I'm a hardcore KeKa shipper and Wien stan so I feel like after seeing the whole second half plus the "Saint Snow debut scene" setup in Wien's confrontation with no a capella moment (AND THEN GETTING ONE FOR MEI AND SHIKI LATER WHOM I HATE) was the final crack in my faith for this season giving me, specifically, any of what I want. So yeah, I hated it and I'm looking forward to when it's not on air anymore so Wien can get a CD
DarekaTasuket3Sep 19, 2022 3:06 AM
Sep 19, 2022 2:27 AM

Jan 2012
HOLD UP! I ain't done yet. Big up to everyone here who already know what's good!

Marinate1016 said:
Top 5 love live episode all time for me. This was a masterclass. My baby sumire shouldering all of the blame for Keke was so sweet. Despite how much they argue they really are the best of friends. The animation and facial expressions during the hug scene at the end was some of the best you’ll see. “I hate you, but I love you” beautiful ending.

Masterclass indeed! The embrace will forever live on in our hearts and memories.

jasongtemp said:
After 6 years joining MAL this is my first review post in this platform. Ep 9 is so good that it made me want to share my thoughts haha. I never expected this tension and drama to be so high, especially with Kanon, Sumire, and Keke along with the first years. For me LL superstar is definitely giving us a good storytelling experience addition to the franchise especially S2 where we get to see realistic decision makings and confrontations due to some high stakes. Ep 9 definitely showed us that in my opinion. Definitely one of my top LL scenes. Hoping this season will wrap up nicely.

Getting someone to post after six years on MAL shows just how explosive this episode is! I didn't see the drama coming, given how happy-go-lucky the series has felt prior to this episode. But they nailed it down big time!

iunne said:
Great ep for Sumire and Keke, and I also loved Shiki & Natsumi's thought processes (:<

But one of the things I like least about S2 compared with S1 is how Wien just randomly materializes and somehow that's completely normal to Kanon lol? Overall I think SS is by far the most grounded and realistic series of the franchise, but Wien's shenanigans are throwing me off

Those two could certainly cause a lot of havoc if they teamed up as a pair. Wien, for some reason, reminds me of Elza Forte from the Aikatsu Stars! series. She's got that same type of killer persona and ego, but seems as if she will eventually lose out to the wholesomeness and teamwork/friendship power of Liella!.
Sep 19, 2022 8:39 AM
Mar 2020
kinda weird this series show more yuri scene, but whatever. it's good.
Sep 19, 2022 8:47 AM
Mar 2022
Best episode for me so far, I also kinda got emotional lol.
Sep 19, 2022 10:06 AM

Jan 2010
logically with only the second years they have a lot more chances to win, the gap is big between them.

still it doesn't matter if they win as long they are happy, the only thing I do want is that they beat that girl margarete and teach her a lesson.
Sep 19, 2022 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
I always thought Love Live was a tournament for high schoolers only, but apparently not if Margarete is competing already. Either way, absolutely well-deserved that she crushed SunnyPa, as their songs (or what we've heard of them) have never been impressive at all. It felt like just desserts for how they somehow beat Liella in the last tournament to me, rather than being the sad moment the show was desperately trying to make it out as.

That aside, perhaps one of Superstar's best episodes to date. At long last, we get a payoff for the "Keke leaves if they lose" subplot that's been kept bubbling beneath the surface for so long, a payoff for Keke and Sumire's bickering this season and another development in the self-doubt of the first years. Seeing Sumire sacrifice herself like that to respect Keke's secret but also prevent it from happening hurt and seeing Kanon lash out at her was difficult but entirely understandable. This episode is the perfect example of how to do this sort of melodrama right.

I'm sure it's no coincidence at all that two of Superstar's best episodes have been Sumire-centric.
Sep 19, 2022 2:31 PM

Feb 2021
One of the best episodes of this series! Keke and Sumire were so cute when they hugged each other too.
Sep 19, 2022 4:40 PM

Aug 2020
omg, this was so touching. Sumire & Keke moment for sure

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Sep 19, 2022 8:15 PM
Jan 2021
You're right all, this is so hot, one of the classical Love Live episodes.
Sep 19, 2022 10:19 PM

Feb 2019
They may hate each other, but Keke and Sumire are definitely friends :P
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Sep 19, 2022 10:44 PM
Apr 2018
kukusumi let's gooo
Sep 20, 2022 12:33 AM

Nov 2019
Am I the only one who's up and waited for Kuku and Sumire to, uh, kiss?
Sep 20, 2022 12:34 AM
Aug 2018
"Hontou daikirai ​​desu, demo daisuki desu "

keke and sumire are so adorable, I really like them both
Sep 20, 2022 6:01 AM
Jun 2020
keke & sumire hugging... kill me T_T
Sep 20, 2022 8:50 AM

Oct 2015
so touching... i really love sumire & keke's friendship
Sep 20, 2022 2:13 PM

May 2018
So much hand holding this episode UwU

Anyways rip sunny passion
Sep 20, 2022 4:28 PM

Nov 2017
The relationship between Sumire and Keke is touching. 😭
Sep 20, 2022 5:18 PM

Dec 2013
3/4 of the episodes but this is probably my favorite season of all Love Live, same probably my favorite group of girls overall and certainly the best ships.
Sep 20, 2022 8:10 PM
Mar 2021
The best episode of Love Live Superstar so far! And a major jump in production quality writing wise from how mediocre the season was earlier on.
Really happy Sunny Passion is out, no offense to anyone who liked them but I was not a fan of them or their music. Wein/Vienna is way better as a rival not only in music but in personality as well. But is Kanon just imagining her interactions with Wein like Honoka and her older self in the School Idol Movie? Why is nobody else noticing her? If the interactions are real, is Wein just obsessed with Kanon, and if so, why? Lots of suspenseful questions I hope are answered soon. Keke and Sumire's relationship was so sweet in this episode, really nice to see that Sumire really loves and cares about her wife-er I meant "friend". And Keke isn't mean to Sumire for kicks she's just a tsundere lol talk about a plot twist. I didn't like how mean Keke was to Sumire in the earlier episodes but I understand it a bit better now, and it's definitely well built up. The fact that they've been building up to this since episode 11 of season 1 really impressed me, Director did an amazing job tying everything together. First years did a good job or working together but also not feeling like background characters. Kanon was really good in this episode too! She's been really weak this season, but this episode was a major improvement for her, I really felt her passion in this episode. Looking forward to the next episode for the first time in, well, forever!
Sep 20, 2022 8:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Sumire being one of my favorites, definitely really enjoyed this episode. I’m not a big Keke fan but I did really love the moments between these two here, from the dramatic bit in the rain to the wholesome hug moment, they were all great, I’m just hoping Keke isn’t just straight up rude to Sumire anymore and it’s just friendly jabs lol. And wow it got rough there for a bit when Sumire tried playing the bad guy to make sure Keke doesn’t have to leave, Kanon was actually mad and ready to slap the shit out of Sumire lol, I would have been mad at Kanon if that happened but I got one thing to owe Keke now lol. And Sumire’s little sister was cute too, basically a mini Sumire, mini galaxy if you will.

And the fact Sunny Passion got knocked out the competition by Margarete is some good drama, it will make the competition more heated for sure, I’m hoping we get at least one more song by her too. I also wish they would do a little more with her than just have her show up and basically say “haha you suck” and leave lol, she’s cool but I need more of her. And lastly the Shiki and Mei moment at the beginning was nice, everyone needs to witness Mei’s cuteness!
Sep 21, 2022 12:05 AM
Sep 2020
I really enjoyed this episode! It felt like forever since I have seen such an emotionally felt episode.
Sep 21, 2022 8:30 AM

Oct 2008
oh god... the drama is so cringe! lolz
3/5.

Sep 21, 2022 8:59 AM

May 2016
Let's be honest is more difficult to dance, sing if you are a group if there is just one idol, why it is called School Idols? She just seem like a copy of Erza from Aikatsu for me.
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Sep 21, 2022 9:55 AM

Feb 2017
this was such an emotional episode, i think this may be one of my favourite LL! episodes ever. though no one had any kind of big reaction (aside from sumire) to keke possibly having to move back home ??? so heartbreaking watching them cry, i cried too

placeholder text
Sep 21, 2022 12:07 PM

Oct 2017
Can't believe Sunny Passion didn't make it, damn. Kuku, Sumire drama was emotional.
Sep 21, 2022 4:08 PM

Jul 2016
*The unstoppable Sunny Passion not passing the qualifiers because they lost to a discount Lanzhu who hasn't even had 5 full minutes of screen time*
Me (and SunnyPa, probably):

Actually conflicted about this episode. They tried to sell Keke and Sumire's relationship as something sweet and touching when they are practically the first toxic pairing in all LL, given how they treat each other on daily basis. Sumire trash-talked Keke's passion for Idols the moment she got introduced in S1 and Keke took that so to heart it seems now she's unable to dialogue with Sumire without including one or two insults to her persona.
And as for Sunny Passion being taken out of the picture in order to introduce a completely new rival for Liella, yeah... I call that bs. They didn't even develop SunnyPa properly during S1 ffs.

3/5 episode. 4/5 if Kanon would have done the infamous Idol slap.
Sep 22, 2022 4:38 PM

Oct 2015
this episode was so good!!!!!

also omg these bitches gay, good for them
Sep 22, 2022 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
The drama felt forced at times. Still, it was a great episode overall.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 23, 2022 12:38 PM

May 2015
Ganbare ! Liella !
Sep 23, 2022 2:05 PM
Jul 2022
that was gay
anyways sumikeke canon
Sep 24, 2022 10:22 PM

Jun 2015
The drama made me laugh D: but this episode was the best this season, the ending was so cute, I was looking forward to a Keke and Sumire moment, now I'm happy about it... YEEESS!
“The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.” -Cowboy Bebop
Sep 25, 2022 5:07 AM
Sep 2018
SunnyPa lost not only to Wien, but also to 3 other groups in their district. Reigning Champions btw.
Sep 26, 2022 9:20 AM

Jun 2021
stop it Mei, you're the prettiest of the bunch (at least among the 1st years, but possibly of the entire Superstar installment)

however, honestly, didn't enjoy this episode as most of the people apparently did. It isn't horrible or anything, but SunnyPa were unceremoniously booted out of competition by a single character barely appeared until now and turmoil between Liella seemed forced and/or handled in a clumsy fashion. i want to think that from now on that Sumire and Keke will stop arguing at every possible chance but how they managed to apparently solve their problems still didn't feel totally convincing. Arguing on the rooftop was already seen in something, but my guess of NOT having a slap scene turned out to be right... Sumire didn't actually tell that she wanted to quit a school idol, and UMI is in S-UMI-re's name (lol) already so she had plot armor... ok, i'll stop.

Manmaru cake was so good looking that i would have felt bad for eating it, even more in front of actual Manmaru.
Sep 26, 2022 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
That Natsumi would come up with a scheme is nothing to be surprised about and was pretty funny again, but Shiki joining cracked me up fr.

Mischievous duo haha

Sunny Passion were unfortunately eliminated. I dunno what to think of this. Ideally, we should've gotten a longer run-time and a competition featuring them, Liella and Margarete.

The Keke and Sumire part was beautifully executed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2022 12:15 AM

Nov 2012
That was the perfect scene for a kiss!

They missed it, now lets search the edits ww

My Candies:

Oct 1, 2022 8:28 AM

Dec 2012
idol drama, who would have expected that XD
2/5
Oct 15, 2022 11:32 PM

Aug 2017
Wow most dramatic LL episode I've seen!

Wein crushing Sunny Pas...she is the solo final boss and unstoppable!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

50 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.