Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2022 3:28 AM

Apr 2014
She can play piano and her hair is red. That's Nishikino Maki Yoneme Mei.

ONINUTS producer lmao... Instead of joining as a member, she chose to be a producer instead. Honestly, She is kind of annoying. lol 🤣 Her plan was exposed, but hey! give her a second chance.
Keke's home is not full of boxes anymore. That could be such a good sign.

MONEY DESU NOOOOOOOOOOO
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 14, 2022 3:56 AM
Nov 2020
Great episode for Oninatsu introduction and the first year struggles at everything and we can see the two idol-enjoyers: Keke and Mei agreeing with each other

The club is now widen and thanks to Chairwoman.

Kanon being not good at expressing at camera makes me laugh and want to hug her at the same time

So far we can see the first yr really struggling at excerice menu of the OG members and they want to catch up. And the three plus Oninatsu wants to train in separate and since it's summer break we can see Kinako-chan's hometown?

Oninatsu has a lower subscribers so she can't even generate some money 'coz you know how Youtube works. And one more thing she is using Liella! for money's sake (remember Sumire's reason why she join Liella!) so far 5/5 episode

Next week will focus more on first years and Oninatsu will join
DimcrossAug 14, 2022 7:48 AM
Aug 14, 2022 3:59 AM

Feb 2020
I really like these new girls and their chemistry. ^^ They are as entertaining as the original cast, especially Kinako.

"Ta-da!" Keke is still easily the best girl. She's always so hilarious.

Natsumi's facial expressions and her money obsession are pretty funny. I understand if some people find her a little annoying, but personally I like her.

SerafosAug 15, 2022 3:00 AM
Aug 14, 2022 7:14 AM

Jul 2011
When Mei began to play piano, Maki memories came to mind.

I can't really say bad thing about Natsumi methods, sure is over-the-top, but I see as a reflection of the newer trends to become famous. Sumire had her methods, Natsumi have hers.
Looking at Natsumi living condition, she needs money.
Aug 14, 2022 11:29 AM

Jun 2021
I dont like Natsumi, is the only girl from Love Live that i can't with her

Hope Liella will win the Love Live this Season 2, Shiki, Mei and Kinako are fucking perfection

Kinako is my favourite
Aug 14, 2022 3:34 PM

Nov 2019
Quite the introduction to OniNatsu, shes quite obnoxious, but I guess I should wait and see for her to possibly change her ways. For now she's just their annoying producer

Hype for summer training camp arc next episode~!
Aug 14, 2022 3:52 PM
Apr 2021
money money money
Aug 14, 2022 4:46 PM

Mar 2021
Kinako , Mei and Shiki are great additions to Liella especially Kinako she is so adorable, i loved how Ren quickly fell in love with gaming her smile is so cute
Aug 14, 2022 5:15 PM

Feb 2019
Hey! It’s Mak…Mei on the piano! Lol

As expected, oninatsu is annoying as hell lol. But props to my baby Sumire for figuring out her scheme. Nice set up episode, next week should be really fun.
Aug 14, 2022 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
just give me one reason to like oninatsu just one lol

Sumire Going off like the queen she is was good

Kanon weakness at not being tv Friendly is a treat to watch
Aug 14, 2022 8:01 PM

Jun 2021
Im not gonna lie, Natsumi is one of my least favorite Love Live girls ever.
Aug 14, 2022 8:19 PM

Aug 2020
i can hear Oninatsu's voice everywhere when i imagine some money. MONEY DESU NOOOOO

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 14, 2022 8:52 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I don't think I ever disliked a Love Live girl before coming across Oninatsu.
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 PM
Jan 2021
Well, this is the best Love Live episode ever ....

Oninatsu Natsumi is something that Nijigasaki's writers and director (both in game and anime) couldn't do well, even had failed (she can be compared with Lanzhu and Mia), but after Hanada Jukki-sensei has successfully written the characteristics of Narumiya Suzu on Idoly Pride (a lot of things from Natsumi can be traced from Suzu, even until to the casting part on her VAs, Emori Aya and Aikawa Kanata); some others compare Natsumi with Jashin-chan from Jashin-chan Drop Kick, which is voiced by seiyuu idol of Aqours, Suzuki Aina (Ohara Mari's VA of Love Live Sunshine), and even can be compared also with Sumire Heanna if you want to talk about how unlucky their career in showbiz (Natsumi as LTubers or VTubers, and Heanna Sumire as the actress).

Hmm, overall, Mei really makes me remember a character from Love Live School Idol Project and makes me happy as μ's otaku, and Wakana Shiki is created really as the modification of one of 22/7's idol character ...

Also, what the creative plotsets and world settings.

After all, this is perfect, the peak Love Live series after Love Live School Idol Project era ...

Marinate1016 said:

As expected, oninatsu is annoying as hell lol. But props to my baby Sumire for figuring out her scheme. Nice set up episode, next week should be really fun.

MAKIIIIII!!!!!!!!
Aug 14, 2022 10:24 PM

Dec 2021
Natsumi reminds of that money Vince Mcmahon GIF there. Pretty ballsy move to have someone based on irl youtubers. Go get her Sumire like need to get rid of this cringe youtube culture that cares mostly about monetization.
Aug 14, 2022 11:28 PM
Nov 2020
teofilusSW said:

Oninatsu Natsumi is something that Nijigasaki's writers and director (both in game and anime) couldn't do well, even had failed (she can be compared with Lanzhu and Mia), but after Hanada Jukki-sensei has successfully written the characteristics of Narumiya Suzu on Idoly Pride (a lot of things from Natsumi can be traced from Suzu, even until to the casting part on her VAs, Emori Aya and Aikawa Kanata); some others compare Natsumi with Jashin-chan from Jashin-chan Drop Kick, which is voiced by seiyuu idol of Aqours, Suzuki Aina (Ohara Mari's VA of Love Live Sunshine), and even can be compared also with Sumire Heanna if you want to talk about how unlucky their career in showbiz (Natsumi as LTubers or VTubers, and Heanna Sumire as the actress).

Hmm, overall, Mei really makes me remember a character from Love Live School Idol Project and makes me happy as μ's otaku, and Wakana Shiki is created really as the modification of one of 22/7's idol character ...

After all, this is perfect, the peak Love Live series after Love Live School Idol Project era ...

Marinate1016 said:

MAKIIIIII!!!!!!!!

I think one more character we can speak of is Kinako-chan. If I remember that Nontan or Nozomi was intended to be timid like Kinako but Kyougoku rejects that idea and he now using that for Kinako's character.

And as for Mei-neko for me she is mix between MakiRinPana

And I do agree for Oninatsu she is like Suzu but more trendy because of Ltube thing (which foreshadowing for latest LL! new project) and all thanks to Hanada-san's script
Aug 15, 2022 1:36 AM
Jan 2021
Dimcross said:
teofilusSW said:

MAKIIIIII!!!!!!!!

I think one more character we can speak of is Kinako-chan. If I remember that Nontan or Nozomi was intended to be timid like Kinako but Kyougoku rejects that idea and he now using that for Kinako's character.

And as for Mei-neko for me she is mix between MakiRinPana

And I do agree for Oninatsu she is like Suzu but more trendy because of Ltube thing (which foreshadowing for latest LL! new project) and all thanks to Hanada-san's script

And even Oninatsu has Yohane's weirdness ...
Aug 15, 2022 3:39 AM
Jan 2021
Why everyone hate CEO she so cute!!
Aug 15, 2022 4:58 AM

Mar 2020
hello i like money!
Aug 15, 2022 6:34 AM

Jul 2014
I feel like Natsumi toes a very thin line between being an entertaining idol gremlin (like Kasumi and Nico before her) and being outright unlikeable, but for now she's falling on the right side of that divide for me. It definitely helps that she says "desu no" like Mari, but her scheming is just genuinely very fun to watch: I'm really hoping it's not as simple as "she wants money cos she's poor", though based on what we saw of her house that looks like a distinct possibility.

I'm also glad that they gave Sumire something to do besides arguing with Keke by having her figure out that Natsumi is just using them for money: it makes sense that she would be suspicious given her experience in showbiz, and seeing that contract should have made it immediately obvious given how clearly it spelled out Natsumi's intentions. That said, I am getting a tiny bit tired of the "first years feel inferior to the second years" plotline now: it makes sense that it would be a thing, but it's becoming tedious how they're just constantly beating us over the head with it by spelling it out constantly.

Also, I see that Mei continues the tradition of the red-haired girl being good at piano.
Aug 15, 2022 8:13 AM

Mar 2016
Ever since the new members were announced, I didn't really liked Natsumi (only her design was cool) and tbh, I wonder how they will make her likeable in the next episodes.

For her, they had two options :
1- "I monetize your image without you knowing"
2- "I will join Liella! for the fame and money"

And I would have preferred the second option more because if she joined them for this reason, we could have at least seen her change and grow, like : "when I joined, the only thing I wanted was fame and money but now, I like being a member of this group and don't care about money anymore!" so I was disappointed that they choose the first option, it only makes her unlikeable.

I like every new members a lot (Kinako is even my fav in Liella!) but Natsumi will be hard to redeem after such a bitchy move.

Sorry, my english may not be the best, I am french.

Aug 15, 2022 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Natsumi is adorable, but I hope she has a reason for what's she's doing and she's not just like, Mr. Krabs when it comes to money, y'know? This episode does make her come off as a greedy clout chaser lol.

Also, I appreciated the whole scene with all the first years after suspicions about Natsumi manifested. I always loved how the Japanese do camera shots to tell a story or utilize it for symbolism.

9 is the magic number, yes it is!~

I see Mei is getting her Maki on with her piano skills!
Aug 15, 2022 11:12 AM

Sep 2012
Mr Krabs got hit by Spongebob's driving and got isekai'd into Love Live.
Aug 15, 2022 11:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol Natsumi the extreme capitalist just want to make money by making videos of the idol and didn't care of the real thing but I guess she'll need a change of mindset before joining them for real, though so far her kind of evil plan to make them split to make even more money is somewhat weird
Aug 15, 2022 2:09 PM

Jul 2017
i dont wanna see anymore natsumi or at least not a lot of her. stg i heard her voice way to much this episode
Aug 15, 2022 3:21 PM

Nov 2016
Natsumi kinda reminds me of how Sumire was in the beginning, in the sense that she will most likely undergo a drastic change. And common folks, how can you dislike her "terrible character quirk" when it's so pathetically hilarious xD She's rather arousing pity than aversion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2022 7:12 PM
Oct 2016
Natsumi comes across as those annoying youtubers where you watch a minute of the video and click "Don't show this channel anymore"
Problem is, she will now be a part of a cliche but enjoyable enough Love Live series.
Shame, because Kinako and Shiki are great additions and Mei is alright as well.
Aug 16, 2022 1:12 AM
Jan 2015
Its obvious Natsumi (The Ltuber money girl) will Join the group but first it looks like the girls namely Kanon will realize that both Sumire & Shiki are correct that she just wants to make money fast, sometimes giving someone the benefit of the doubt is not in the best interests.
Aug 16, 2022 11:23 AM

Oct 2017
The first four episodes were really good and then there was this episode. Natsumi's quite annoying.
Aug 16, 2022 1:15 PM

Jan 2010
I'm sure there is a reason why she needs the money, the problem is the way she was in this chapter, she came like a greedy girl that doesn't care any means to get money even if she hurts someone in the process.
Aug 16, 2022 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
Still not sure about OninatsuP, maybe there will be a grand reveal, she will show her true self or her mind will change but ehhh.
Aug 16, 2022 4:42 PM
Jul 2019
Curious how they can make a comeback with Natsumi next episode. This episode is the lowest rated episode since episode 8 (Ren's episode) last season and Ren is the least popular among the original 5, so I doubt a sad backstory will make people like her.
Aug 16, 2022 5:47 PM

Oct 2012
I really hope Natsumi gets better.. she's the first LL Girl I actually felt like I really didn't like and found to be annoying.. the glasses were a nice touch though, she's very aesthetic but personality wise.... PLEASE have some good development.
Aug 16, 2022 6:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I can describe this episode with two songs, first the episode title reminds me of Queen’s “Fat Bottomed Girls” because of the chorus of that song, and the Grateful Dead’s “Money Money” for obvious reasons lol. Music references aside, I really enjoyed Natsumi in this episode, she’s kinda playing the antagonist right now but she’s definitely a fun antagonist, and I really love the way she says money lol.

There was a lot of great moments in this episode too, loved the girls playing what looked like Mario Party together, the Chisato and Mei tag team was interesting and I love how Ren got addicted afterwards lol. And all the bits where Natsumi was recording the girls (especially Kanon) were great as well. Now the 1st year girls are going to train on their own for the summer, and it’s apparently all according to Natsumi’s plan, I’m interested in seeing where this goes!
TheColonel76Aug 16, 2022 8:06 PM
Aug 16, 2022 7:16 PM
Aug 2019
God Natsumi must be the first Love Live character I genuinely dislike, she is so annoying lol. I will probably get to like her more in next episodes as they show her backstory, but at least for now, not really ;; She is way too greedy lol.
LittleWhiteHerzAug 16, 2022 7:23 PM
Aug 17, 2022 6:34 PM
Oct 2018
I was really hoping I'd like Natsumi because I loved her design and thought having a character be a video content creator was so interesting! (I know Yohane had her livestreams) But they're making it really tough to like her, her choice to trick the group was odd considering they would have defiantly found out eventually, she was so obvious about it too, the videos she made weren't even for the Liella! channel?

I found it funny she's apparently already making money and has merch with so little subscribers (she only had 68 lol)

Hoping her character improves because I really want to like her :(
Aug 18, 2022 4:04 AM

Oct 2007
Sumire and Kanon always the beggars made me laugh so hard. Sumire even try to cheat. lol

Ren likes video game so much, it's probably something she never experienced in her childhood.

Natsumi the money hungry girl..

cannot decide which is funniest, Keke falling down from fatigue in season 1, severely tired Kinako, or severely tired Natsumi. :p
Aug 18, 2022 5:40 PM

Mar 2020
definitely a heavy episode
Aug 19, 2022 8:31 AM
Jul 2022
Honestly, I wouldn't let Natsumi into the group.
Aug 19, 2022 3:05 PM

May 2018
ngl the money girl was really annoying
Aug 19, 2022 5:45 PM

May 2012
Natsumi is super annoying and I'm not looking forward to seeing how they try to make us forgive her. Also not into the "1st years feel inadequate" subplot that's going nowhere and Kanon consistently being a pushover to the detriment of the group. I've been a Love Live fan for years but they're really losing me.
Aug 19, 2022 6:50 PM

Sep 2015
Enjoying the relationship between Shiki and Mei, the progression in this episode was very nice.
Aug 19, 2022 9:41 PM

Jul 2016
Oh god, Natsumi is practically Sumire 2.0 but more meme-able and with "money" instead of "show business".

Also, I no longer know if Kanon is kind, too carefree or just dumb. This episode made me realize she is the kind of person who would fall for pyramid scams or follow dudes to rooms with big black couches without asking questions. I now dread for her adult life.
Aug 22, 2022 8:25 AM

Jun 2021
Mei Nishikin...oh, wait, it has been written multiple times already. Whatever, it is also cool that now there are two members able to write music with different instruments

All those speeches about 9 members idol groups were so meta funny, and for now still not tired of watching characters with improbable non-existent knowledge of modern technology in 21th century, as Hanamaru from Aqours or Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai

Not too worried about Natsumi for now, she has already been discovered in her early intentions as correctly pointed by Sumire, and of course Keke is salty that she was right all along 'cause jealousy. "All according to plan", who she thinks to be, Light Yagami? But her face/smile with a lowered eyebrow in the ED is cool, she seems John Belushi in Animal House while peeping on the ladies bedroom with a ladder.
Aug 23, 2022 3:20 PM
Dec 2019
Folks, take care of your back, drink plenty of water, use proper back support
Aug 26, 2022 7:55 AM

Dec 2011
Natsumi is by far the most annoying LL! character surpassing even Nico herself. I don't care about her reasons, her methods are predatory as hell.
Aug 30, 2022 11:38 AM

Aug 2017
Kyoris said:
Natsumi is by far the most annoying LL! character surpassing even Nico herself. I don't care about her reasons, her methods are predatory as hell.

Yeah Nico was better.

We have another piano playing Maki.

Where is my girl WIEN...oh yeah the last boss has to hide out until a climax
Oct 7, 2023 5:31 AM

Mar 2017
Shiki does engrish; massive nerf U_U
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Oct 30, 2023 6:52 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
God, I hate Natsumi, she's incredibly annoying. I love Mei, maybe with her resemblance to Maki, but I still love her personality.
Dec 17, 2023 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
Some might think of Nico, but Natsumi really reminds me of Idol Time is Money.

All of Natsumi's expressions are gold. The over-the-top expressions in Superstar just seem like they were made for her.
ZekkenshinDec 17, 2023 6:07 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Oct 9, 2022

94 by VivaceRex »»
Aug 10, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.