Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2022 3:28 AM

Apr 2014
School Idol Festival and a solo idol LMAO Was this Nijigasaki?? lol

This new mysterious girl, Vien Margaret, was so cool. It was like she was coming out from Revue Starlight. She is in a middle school. Maybe, she will attend Yuigaoka the next year and join Liella! Who knows.........

LMAO Mei is us while watching those live performances. She should join Liella! asap.

AkeZZZJul 31, 2022 3:32 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 31, 2022 3:32 AM

Feb 2020
I really like this new girl. She's an interesting character.

This season is getting better and better.
Jul 31, 2022 4:31 AM
Nov 2020
Great episode again the story is getting better and better and finally they drop a character name

Vienna Margaret or Wien Margaret is only a third year middle schooler yet she wins at Yoyogi Fes and you can feel on Kanon's face is like Chika seeing Saint Snow performed she is kinda reminds of SIFAS Lanzhu

and new Liella! song is bop and kinda funny the balloon or stmh yet now that they have a much stronger opponent Liella! don't want to make a mess right now

Next week is Mei and Shiki episode
Jul 31, 2022 5:56 AM

Jul 2011
The Margaret girl, I really thought that at some point she would turn to Kanon and say "It's over Kanon, I have the high ground."

Natsumi work as Uber Eats, that's character.

They really need to fast track the other 3 joining Liella!, after that second place.
Jul 31, 2022 12:52 PM

Jun 2021
Liella is the best group from Love Live, im sure they will win <3

And Kinako is my favourite right now with Kanon, i fucking love both so much omg
Jul 31, 2022 1:34 PM

Feb 2019
Love Live Saturday /Sunday let’s gooo

Keke gotta stop bullying my baby sumire, smh let her speak lol.

Hate to see Kanon so deep in her head rn to the point of literally hallucinating, but looks like she’s starting to get things figured out. Loved the girls performance at the end, think removing a singular centre in favour of the whole group is for the best.

Margaret is a really interesting antagonist/rival . She and Lanzhu in back to back seasons is dope. Both their first performances also ate, we Stan.
Jul 31, 2022 3:06 PM

Mar 2021
Great episode their performance was amazing and this new character seems interesting but i am really loving kinako she is such a sweet girl
Jul 31, 2022 5:28 PM

Nov 2019
The new rival had a banger of a song, Margaret seems pretty cool so far, can't wait to see what else she brings to this season

The new song was fun to watch, especially after the girls decided to make all of the girls from their school the centre for that song awww

Wonder what progress we'll get from the two childhood friends next episode, hopefully Mei joins
Jul 31, 2022 7:57 PM

Nov 2020
Another great episode! Both songs went absolutely hard, especially Go!! Restart having that kinda pop-punk rhythm to it. Margaret also seems to be really interesting! I like the mysterious angle they're going with her and the fact that she's a middle-schooler surprised me.

Also Natsumi saying "God damn!" really caught me off guard and had me dying LMAO
Aug 1, 2022 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
A lit episode 🔥
They're amazed and feeling intimidated at the same time with their new rival princess coming out of nowhere, especially Kanon reaction.

6 members of Liella! still not enough to rival Margarethe. Her existence is like 5 original members (dancing, singing, song, costume, stage setting) makes sense why they need the other 3 members to complete Liella!'s persona, an excellent build up I would say.

Nevertheless, I feel you Kanon.

Also, Margarethe:
>calls out her rival name
>refuse to elaborate further
>leaves

Aug 1, 2022 6:00 AM

Apr 2014

Also, from this image what you can see is the Uranohoshi uniform. 😲

何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 1, 2022 6:41 AM

Jul 2014
Sumire: breathes
Keke: "Shut up!"

Seriously Superstar, give it a goddamn rest already with Keke constantly dicking on Sumire.

That aside, another good episode. Margarethe makes for an interesting rival in contrast with SunnyP, not least because we actually get to see her perform a full song unlike SunnyPa: and what a song it was, immediately establishing how much of a threat she could be while we still only have hearsay to go off of for SunnyPa. That said, I hope Margarethe proves to be more than the one-dimensional asshole she came off as in this episode, cos that's just not very interesting if it's what she ends up being.

Also, what on earth were they thinking with those wacky wavy inflatable arm flailing tubemen versions of Liella during their performance in this episode? Those looked so awful that I was just completely distracted from their actual performance. Not as though it was anything special, mind: probably their most "okay" performance to date, very forgettable.
Aug 1, 2022 7:41 AM

Jun 2021
Great episode.......
Aug 1, 2022 1:40 PM

Nov 2016
Margarethe's performance was something else, matching her mysterious character.

Keke is still proving herself as my favorite every time she's on screen, but I'm much looking forward to more of Shiki next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 1, 2022 3:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're good of course 2nd place is good, but that light purple haired girl is probably too OP in the Idol world lol, especially for a middle schooler
Aug 1, 2022 4:01 PM

Jan 2011
this middle schooler because why not anime, just came outta nowhere and out did everyone getting Lanzhu flashbacks but shes doesn't seem like a die hard fan
Aug 1, 2022 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
AkeZZZ said:

Also, from this image what you can see is the Uranohoshi uniform. 😲

I didn't even realized that 😱
Good find. Seems like Uranohoshi still carrying out their school idols will, good for them.
Aug 2, 2022 1:26 AM

Jun 2021
Damn, already surpassed into noticing the Uranohoshi uniform

So, SunnyPa are still into competition and they're not even alone any more as rivals on screen, even if this 3rd year... middle schooler, seems a little too much as an already seen character of the franchise that wasn't exactly likable when introduced

However, with that guitar sound the new Liella song is already a highlight for them and next episode already creates hype. Mei and Shiki have already confirmed to be interesting, and they will be even better if they take more screentime from Sumire and Keke (seriously, it's becoming a Kyle and Cartman situation, with the "little" difference that South Park and Cartman are funny and Keke isn't...)
Aug 2, 2022 2:17 AM

Aug 2020
good ep with good songs

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Aug 2, 2022 3:23 AM

Aug 2011
So will this new girl will join Liella in next season? She looks like another Lanzhu to me
Aug 2, 2022 5:10 AM
Jan 2013
vien true thanos love live hu2
Aug 2, 2022 11:01 AM

Feb 2016
Yep, yep new girl. How about we talk about Natsumi working in uber eats that's a totally new level of weird hobby right next to Shiki being mad scientist
Aug 2, 2022 11:51 AM

Mar 2021
New girl is really pretty, also did anyone else notice the uranohoshi uniform cameo?
Aug 2, 2022 1:14 PM

May 2018
Of course the Margaret girl has to be a bitch :(

Anyways I wanted to see Liella's performance in the festival but I guess the school performance was good as well.
Aug 2, 2022 1:26 PM

Jun 2014
PochanPochan said:
Yep, yep new girl. How about we talk about Natsumi working in uber eats that's a totally new level of weird hobby right next to Shiki being mad scientist

Not denying Natsumi is weird (nor Shiki being a mad scientist), but working for uber eats is not a hobby alright xD

This chick likes money and she is serious about it and not afraid to get down and dirty for it. Respect. They'll prob give us a backstory for it eventually, but even without it #respect
Aug 2, 2022 2:32 PM
Apr 2020
what a performance from that new girl
Aug 2, 2022 4:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
|’m so happy there was so much “weesu” this episode lol, I appreciate Chisato for that. What an episode this was tho, the new girl, Margaret, shows up Liella at the festival and wow was her performance smoking, I loved the song and she was awesome, I wish we coulda seen Liella’s performance too but I guess they thought we saw enough to drive home why she won lol, I really do like the addition of her character, I don’t think she needs to personally confront Kanon like a villain but I do like those scenes too.

And not only that, we got a 2nd helping of a Liella performance including Kinako at the end of the episode, and it was awesome as well. Such a fun song and the girls dancing around with a lot of animated scenes thrown in was killer, I loved the outfits too. Superstar Season 2 is really bringing the heat for sure, and I love the meaning this performance had as well, Kanon was actually about to give up aiming to win but her fellow classmates brought the spark back, I love it lol.

Looks like next episode we’ll get some Mei and Shiki focus, I’m very excited to get more of those two. Also we finally learned why the show is called Superstar in this episode lol.
TheColonel76Aug 2, 2022 4:17 PM
Aug 2, 2022 5:38 PM

Dec 2013
Vein is super cool and mysterious but I just can't take her seriously after her entrance, just imagine her all sneaky climbing on the kid's playground waiting for her moment to shine jsut then to all hastedly get the heck out lol.

This season has been great and all but whens Mei?
Aug 2, 2022 10:07 PM
Jan 2021
Is Vein the first Love Live's supernatural character? Hmmmmmmmmmmm ....

Also, we have 2 rivals now for one Love Live group, which is the first time in Love Live series (Nijigasaki has too weird, unrealistic, and edgy story for Love Live).
Aug 3, 2022 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
So the pink-haired rival's name is Wien. Right now, she comes off as a diva. And she appears and disappears like she's Mysterio. I'm not really captivated by her right now though. I'll see if that changes in future episodes.

Kanon's really been harsh on herself quite a bit this episode. Like, I get that they need to win and get results so it was nice to see the rest of the school cheer her (and gas up the other girls) up.

Golly, I was thinking Mei would be joining this episode, but if I was a betting man, considering the title of next episode...

It's nice the writers aren't really rushing it, and it's just been Kinako for now. But I do wan to see how the other girls will perform, and sing, and dance, and all that jazz!~

Natsumi working at Lber eats was pretty amusing
Aug 3, 2022 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
And the MVP goes to Yuigaoka's female students for preventing Kanon from going full Honoka. Congratulations.

So... a new bratty girl with a non-Japanese name appears out of nowhere, lowkey trash-talks MC and then leaves without leaving much room for a civilized discussion? Huh... did Lanzhu just jump across universes or what?

And also, was it only me or the amount of thighs/legs shots increased abruptly during this episode?
SouthRzVaAug 3, 2022 9:47 PM
Aug 4, 2022 6:19 AM

Oct 2007
so nice to see Kinako dancing with everyone else. She practiced really hard, and the results are good.

I guess they need to have an "antagonist" to spice things up a bit.

looking forward to next week. :)
Aug 10, 2022 5:18 AM
Jul 2020
The songs were a bop, I can definitely see the plot going places, and the idea of KeKe potentially having to leave if they lose again is really interesting, can't wait to see more!
Aug 14, 2022 6:22 AM

Oct 2017
So that's where the superstars comes from, that was emotional.
Aug 29, 2022 8:52 PM

Aug 2017
Holy smokes, Wien is spellbinding. I have never seen a Love Live girl like this black swan villainess. The audience was in a trance. Nobody stands a chance against her

Jbhannibal67 said:
what a performance from that new girl
Seriously I was stunned
Oct 7, 2023 3:46 AM

Mar 2017
I guess you could say that Margarete was the...Wien-er.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 15, 2023 7:16 PM

Dec 2012
Really special episode that continues to emphasize the back & forth between setbacks & the good things that follow. That moment at the trophy display especially delivers this message.

The only thing that's bothering me is how the supposedly "better" rivals performances just don't impress me. A-Rise & Saint Snow really blew me away on their debuts, but Lanzhu, SunPa & this new girl haven't really had that same effect.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

50 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.