Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2022 6:18 AM
Mar 2018
Since it's a SEQUEL to the kamen rider series I'd assume there would be references to said series but most people I've heard told me it's not necessary to watch it. So my question is how important is the kamen rider series to understand this one?
Aug 1, 2022 6:30 AM
Mar 2021
Unlike other KR, this one is pretty easy to understand. Even newcomer actually can watch without worry that much.

Maybe some people will miss some parts about how they get KR Accel and W final form, but i guess anime will give flashback about them since anime gives it in the opening scene unlike manga.
Aug 1, 2022 6:45 AM
Jul 2022
It's not that important because the manga that this show adapt from is also for newcomers that have never heard about the original show.
Aug 1, 2022 7:02 AM
Sep 2013
There's plenty of references but nothing completely vital to understanding the story so far.
Aug 1, 2022 7:12 AM

Feb 2021
Shimura27 said:
Unlike other KR, this one is pretty easy to understand. Even newcomer actually can watch without worry that much.

Maybe some people will miss some parts about how they get KR Accel and W final form, but i guess anime will give flashback about them since anime gives it in the opening scene unlike manga.

ThinkLame2 said:
It's not that important because the manga that this show adapt from is also for newcomers that have never heard about the original show.

myrmidon_mamori said:
There's plenty of references but nothing completely vital to understanding the story so far.

Thanks for the answers!! Good to know that I shouldn't watch Kamer Rider:W live-action series before! I will watch it afterwards.
Aug 1, 2022 11:06 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
Shotaro references Aki being married to a policeman and that happens prior to this anime
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ❄ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
Aug 1, 2022 1:05 PM
Sep 2013
3miL said:
Shotaro references Aki being married to a policeman and that happens prior to this anime
That is one thing I was thinking was something important new viewers might need to know, but I figure they'll say more about who Terui is once he actually shows up.

The only potential issue for new viewers I noticed is that, this first episode at least, doesn't really explain Gaia Memories and Dopants. The show seems to expect that people will know what it means that Tokime has a Memory. But, again, it'll probably be explained in the next episode or two.
Aug 4, 2022 5:16 PM

Sep 2011
The references are there but the plot is completely seperate and they fill you in on what you need to know, now if you do watch the original series it will be better and W itself is a great series, but a 50 episodes kids show from 10 years ago is a hard sell for the gritty anime sequel with tits and gore.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 12 Discussion

3miL - Oct 16, 2022

49 by Rinaisty »»
Sep 24, 7:05 AM

» Of all the Kamen Riders, why did Kamen Rider W get an anime?

Dejilan - Aug 8, 2022

24 by removed-user »»
Apr 18, 6:19 AM

» Poor writing but decent

IMMABEAST - Oct 16, 2022

14 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 18, 2022

31 by dohani »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 6 Discussion

3miL - Sep 4, 2022

31 by YagoZeta »»
Oct 24, 2022 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.