Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2022 6:37 PM

May 2021
Decent start to this one. Visuals look good but the audio can be a bit too melodramatic. Apart from that, I was initially disappointed that a song managed to wake her up but then they pulled this.

Don't quite get their message though.

Chipp12 said:
RayReynolds said:
Well, on one hand, it doesn't shy away from its premise of there being a war and whatnot as much as these things usually do. There is a war still going on, random omnics are plopping into cities to shoot up the place, and it's all not just swept under the rug to make more time for chirping imbeciles to serve each other tea. On the other hand, there's still plenty of time for chirping imbeciles to serve each other tea, and most of what the premise is being used for is to crank the melodramatic music up to eleven and have the characters weep about how much they want to be friends with each other but can't because they have robo-anime illness from war-ing too hard. Yes, yes, Very tragic. Such loud music. So many fields of flowers. And all they want is to be friends. That is when they're not also doing the thing where they sit in a circle and explain the basics of the setting to each other. Did you know that you're a robot? Robots are robotic people who are made by humans to serve them. We humans are huge racists against robots, who are second class citizens, which is why we use them to fight our wars. Not a whole lot of respect for the audience.

It's hardly the first time we've seen this episode or this show, and it certainly won't be the last. Perhaps I'm too cynical, but this crap always comes off to me as insultingly insincere. Instead of telling a compelling story, it goes straight to cloying characters, too perfect and good for this world. Not even Disney princesses are this flawless in all ways. It's corny, and playing very, very loud sad music and slamming the cherry blossom-o-meter to eleven is manipulative. That it doesn't make a lot of sense to make WMDs that are little girl robots in frilly dresses, and would make much more sense to put retired spider-mech AIs into new bodies.

Whu do you keep copypasting text from Tenka Seiha?

I looked it up and wow, with a few minor subtractions, its a complete copypasta. Is he by any chance the one making those posts?

Jul 9, 2022 9:46 PM

Aug 2021
I am very curious how it will work without the disastrous Jun Maeda....
Jul 10, 2022 12:20 AM

Oct 2007
a cafe of retired battle androids.

some drama right from the start. Probably just a taste of more drama to come.

only part I liked is when they were singing, made me remember something sad..

some parts were rather boring. But will watch up to episode 3 before deciding if drop or continue.
Jul 10, 2022 12:26 AM

Dec 2010
RioFS said:
I looked it up and wow, with a few minor subtractions, its a complete copypasta. Is he by any chance the one making those posts?

No chance - the account is too new and associated twitter is some nonsense. Maybe he just lacks his own opinion and tries to look cool by copying someone else's.

Anyway to stay on topic: the first episode was sweet but a bit too fast-paced to make you feel for characters. I wonder how they're going to continue from this, maybe it's going to keep anthology format with introducing other characters' stories while trying to build up a main plot line.
Jul 10, 2022 2:38 AM

Oct 2014
I feel like this should have been a game. JRPG type.
It doesn't help that they have Misaki Kuno (Klee's VA) and Ayumu Murase (Venti's VA) consecutively on scene 2 and 3. Now I can't shake this Genshin feeling lol.
Pacing too fast lol. Well, typical Tenshou, typical KEY anime.
It's still good, who cares?

MAL score being rigged by bots and dumb people not being able to tell good animu. very sad.
well, even if pacing is messy, plot looks solid, so I think it will be fine?
Jul 10, 2022 5:01 AM

Nov 2013
Haizakura certainly has resemblence to the first doll we see in the train. (though she's shorter so it can't be her, right?)
Anyways, I expect Haizakura to be some OP doll who was very good in commanding droids and military stuff, but is clumsy doing ordinary stuff.
Jul 10, 2022 3:50 PM
Feb 2014
The pacing was horrible. This feels like Jun Maeda all over again despite him not even being involved in the project. They should've given it atleast 3 to 4 episodes to introduce and establish the Main cast before starting with the tear jerkers. How am I supposed to feel for the characters when I can barely relate with them?
If the next one doesn't deliver I'll be dropping this one hundred percent.
And here I was hoping I'd get the next Clannad or Little Busters.
Jul 12, 2022 7:33 AM

Jul 2016
"Anpan!"

Given that this is a Key show, there's no doubt who they were referencing. Wonder where this goes.
Jul 12, 2022 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
When I heard her name as Yugiri... this is the one that popped on my head.
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Jul 13, 2022 12:34 AM

May 2019
This anime appears to be a SoL with steampunk elements, and probably some action coming up. Haizakura looks to be a special automata doll as she was able to stop an out of control automata and also, at least temporarily, revive Yugiri. On both occasions Haizakura sang, her eyes turned red, and passed out so maybe that takes a toll on her. Curious how this will turn out.
Jul 13, 2022 6:43 PM

Nov 2009
hmm... cute little girls built for war....

It's always so awkward in a world that's still using 1800s technology, buildings and culture to have advanced AI robotics technology, LOL

I think there's quite a few other series with this style. A lot of them tends to also be "after war".

___ ___ ___

The series looks interesting and the characters are pretty cute.

Tho I have a feeling this series will start out light-hearted and slowly go toward the "dark side"... since most Mecha Doll series uses that plot.

___ ___ ___

And first episodes usually have a "foretelling" of what's to come.

My theory in spoilers

amlgJul 13, 2022 6:55 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 13, 2022 10:26 PM

Feb 2016
Why the low score? this is so good.

Is basically a mix of "Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai" (BUT ACTUALLY GOOD) and "Sakura Taisen", with cute girls and some dark themes regarding war and hope, I really liked this a lot (already seen ep2 too, so good!).
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jul 23, 2022 7:24 AM
Mar 2012
Pretty art & cute designs. Nice music that's subbed quite rare. Haisakura as mc just ok, like most pink SOL mc's.
Setup seems a game adapt, but with war commander bots retired into a cafe, at least not a KanColle copy.
Wat the bots eat food!?
Pacing bit fast but Chiyo & Yugiri was heartwarming. From title was gonna drop, but it managed to make the characters relatable so fast, unlike Arsnotoria.
Jul 28, 2022 4:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty nice start with the right amount of drama, especially seems to be focused on the memories, I like how they're humanizing automata
Aug 1, 2022 12:23 PM

Nov 2013
Score 6.82
Ranked #4761

This is just mean and unfair...
Sep 11, 2022 11:25 AM

Nov 2018
I feel guilty watching this and still keeping on hold GochiUsa third season, gotta save that one for a special occasion. About this show, sweet and fun while having some unnerving stakes to keep the hang of throughout the season.
Oct 5, 2022 1:30 PM

Oct 2018
So dolls basically used as weapons for war, they will most likely throw more sad situations with more characters. The directing is so weird.
Oct 31, 2022 11:00 PM

Feb 2021
The art is very nice but has less animation. I need more action on this anime :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 3, 2023 5:00 AM

Sep 2020
OMG lots of moving parts in this first episode.

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jan 21, 2023 11:55 AM

Apr 2021
cute first episode.
Feb 26, 2023 4:27 AM

May 2020
What a horrible writing and directing. I will give it a chance one more episode because of it's a key anime.
Mar 25, 2023 6:07 PM
Jun 2014
Predicting some contrived Key sadness here. Formula is to make things as barfingly cute as possible to make you grow attached, then screw it all up at the end. Doesn't have to make sense, as long as the cuteness and attachment process is successful

TBH i'd gtfo on a journey if i'd have to listen to Klee's ear shattering voice all day
Sep 12, 2023 7:24 PM
Feb 2022
Anime was great, very good
Plus it's very Cute/Kawaii, and Great Story
Jun 13, 12:57 AM

Aug 2019
chiyo and yuugiri were adorable together.... too bad yuugiri is borke. that would definetly have been a really sad moment but having it in episode 1 was kinda weird. i think we should have been introduced to chiyo better and had known her for longer than 10 minutes before we could feel for her

"hihihi my mom is dead"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2022

58 by Sniffer94 »»
Oct 8, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2022

31 by wildhood »»
Aug 5, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2022

28 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 26, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Prima Doll Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2022

40 by welcome2atlantis »»
Sep 8, 2023 5:59 AM

» Cringe

Stormen - Mar 26, 2023

11 by RSGX »»
Apr 11, 2023 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.