Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, an exam to prove himself and rank...

I swear, Mathias always seems to have to prove to himself to others in the show. Then again, he's on another level, compared to most of the cast. That fight looked like any other fight to him.

Mar 5, 2022 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Iris be like I ate the flower I like.

Glad that Matty found someone to fight with. Even thought he is no match for him. But gave some competition.
Matty allies are always clumsy. Look at them they slept along with enemy's. XD
Next episode:------------
Mar 5, 2022 6:59 AM
Sep 2015
There's absolutely no reason why they animate Iris eating flower, but they just did it anyway, because why not! She's hungry all the time and they decide to "show, don't tell" that statement.

Gilaus is the embodiment of Fighter class and all of its stereotype, including the fact that he has the same voice actor as Inosuke from Demon Slayer. From the next episode preview he'll be back, which is good, because I like man that value brawn over brain.
Mar 5, 2022 7:59 AM

Jul 2017
LOLS just leaving Iris to her own devices, including eating a damn flower...has got to be the most unexpected and best moment this episode.

The Second Academy's...became a re-building ground to strengthen forces against demons, and with the First Academy's help no less, I'm...not surprised that it turned out this way. Of course, Matty's report of the Dungeon City Melkia infested with demons takes priority, but the school's rebuilding is first and foremost...best left for the students to do rather than Matty's group going to the Radinia Alliance instead.

Of course, a different city has different requirements, but for Matthias and his party, it's instant recognition straight to the top and just one more level: clearing the ascension test from the S-rank proctor Giluas (same VA as Kimetsu no Yaiba's Inosuke) whom never once lost a duel. He's not interested in the girls, but of Matthias right from the get-go, and he gives Matty a real challenge enough to trade blow after blow evenly.

Giluas would be a good comrade in assistance to Matty, and since he's built the same as him in skill, teaching him skills would further Enhance his Physique for good. The Eteris City in the Folkia Region, that's as ominous as a city can be, and no surprise that Matty has deduced the equation that people are out to get them, so handling them secretly would be best to lessen attention.

But come on, a sleep magic potion, even allies and enemies would fall asleep on that. Looks as if Giluas will join them, so hoping for that.
Mar 5, 2022 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
Ah haha, I guess everyone noticed Iris eating the flower. Darn that dragon/girl will eat anything. Story is fun and our casts exploits are interesting. Lets go!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 5, 2022 8:12 AM

Jul 2021
Damn, another 5 minute episode.

This was a pretty great episode, very enjoyable, even the post-credit was hilarious lol.

Alma, Lurie and Matty now are in the search of the demon boss and they are going to pin-point his location using a special device made my Matty in his previous life and it's at some other place. They visit the capital briefly to get permission to visit another territory, after they reach there, it turns out that the place where the device is, is in restricted territory so they have to be rank A adventures to get access to that region.

We see Matty duel a S rank adventure, that fight was good, the dude was using spells unconsciously, that's something, he was able to put a decent fight with Matty but obviously our Matty kun is just too damn OP so of course he won, I liked how the S rank adventurer accepted defeat nicely. The dude seemed nice and reliable too.

Iris scenes were hilarious in this episode, first she just started eating a flower in one scene lol, Iris and her insatiable hunger xD. She even fell asleep during the duel of Matty haha.

I LOL'd so hard when Iris tripped on Matty's leg, IDK why but I just found it extremely funny for some reason. I just like seeing Iris being clumsy a lot lol.

This was one of the better episode, 5/5. Looking forward to next one.
TsutanaiFuunMar 5, 2022 8:23 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 5, 2022 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
This has to be the worst anime I have seen in my life. Almost quit watching anime because of this and decided to drop it instead. Every aspect of the story and characters are a generic copy of other animes sewn together. VOMIT
Mar 5, 2022 12:31 PM
Jul 2021
For an Anime that likes to speed past plot points, this episode was filled to the brim with contrived filler. Why did they have to get permission from the king and another adventure guild just to cross the borders? Can't Iris teleport in her Dragon form, or at the least just fly them over? just cross where the population's thin if you're worried about being seen, but instead they wasted an episode's worth of time on this.

Also with all the time they spent setting up that S-Rank adventurer guy, he should've joined the party.
Stink_BugMar 5, 2022 12:44 PM
Mar 5, 2022 12:37 PM

May 2021
Black dragon Iris is the reason im looking forward to the episode every saturday (Arifureta Tio gets off on being ignored)
Mar 5, 2022 3:26 PM

Jul 2021
You have to be very naive to think that some adventurers will be able to defeat Matty and his group.
asdasdsadad
Mar 5, 2022 3:30 PM

May 2018
Same as usual. Let's see what the demon looks like next episode
Mar 5, 2022 3:32 PM

May 2018
EviL_GriN said:
Black dragon Iris is the reason im looking forward to the episode every saturday (Arifureta Tio gets off on being ignored)

Iris is the true top waifu in our hearts! Preach UwU
Mar 5, 2022 3:44 PM

Aug 2020
Duel was interesting. I want to see more fights

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 5, 2022 3:50 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Giluas was no match for Matthias at all for the A rank test lol but he is decently strong if we don't go by Matthias standards after all xD.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Mar 5, 2022 4:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kek Iris continued to be a mood booster over this overly generic power fantasy show. How the heck she could calmly eat the flower like that? No wonder she get left behind on the first scene, easily taking a nap while Mathy-kun had a mock battle with Matsuoka, and almost javelin the goons ass. Iris once again stole my attention. She even forget that she's actually a dragon on the human form xd.

Shall i talk about the others? Nah. Mathy-kun still op as ever, but he's so kind sharing his knowledge to Matsuoka chara. And the other two girls still as silly as before, even get caught by the sleeping spell too. Nice xd.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 5, 2022 9:13 PM

Jan 2021
The fight between the S-Rank adventurer and Matty was actually pretty decent. It felt like the one time Matty was actually impressed by someone. However, that fight did take all the money from this productions pocket sized budget.

Also I wish that S rank guy was the main character. He's seems a thousand times more interesting than Matty.
Mar 5, 2022 10:02 PM

Apr 2018
There were actually a few good ideas in this ep! Shocking, I know. I liked the idea of someone intuitively using wordless magic. it shows that humans are predisposed to it more than the demon incantation curriculum (actually the way the students picked it up so easily in the first few eps showed this as well).
Mar 6, 2022 3:27 AM

Feb 2014
Once again, Iris being herself makes episodes like this more enjoyable. From the way she didn't want to leave the campfire since she was still eating her meat, then eating a random flower later on because why not?! XD

The battle between Matthias and Gilas (voiced by a certain Matsuoka I believe) was pretty decent, since Gilas was using magic without realising it himself. Still, Mattias won with ease and was happy to help Gilas on getting stronger, even if it meant reading books, which is the worst thing you can give to a pure musclehead. =P

The plan to put the enemy mob to sleep on their way to Folkia was nicely done with Iris, again, stealing this scene for me. Although, it did put Alma and Lurie to sleep as well, which was dumb, but cute at the same time.
Mar 6, 2022 2:07 PM
Nov 2021
Mans using magic and doesn´t even have a clue.
Mar 7, 2022 12:46 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode was with Mathias and his friends going to another kingdom to try to find the demon who knows about his other life and defeat him but it seems that there is a way that people use to end adventurers
Mar 7, 2022 12:53 AM

Oct 2017
Lol at Iris for forgetting she can transform into a dragon when she's literally a drgaon and is transformed into a human. Also the new guy seems likeable enough.
Mar 7, 2022 7:59 AM

Jun 2016
iris too cute and pureness !!
Mar 8, 2022 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
I like Giluas, he's a total combat nut but apparently he's also a quite talented instinctive spell caster even when he doesn't know it himself, and an amazingly fast visual and practical learner, not theoretical. I hope he shows up again.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 9, 2022 3:14 AM

Feb 2021
Fun series as usual for me. No need to take it super seriously, just enjoy the casual nature of it. Iris is a great comic relief, that carefree clumsy kawaii nature :P

Sounds like Inosuke's seiyu voices Giluas, that iconic grunt he made gave it away as always.
Mar 10, 2022 7:15 AM
Sep 2020
the moment when iris ate the flower made me lose my focus, it was quite funny in my opinion. Iris was very hungry throughout their journey
Mar 22, 2022 5:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Of course he would win the fight, even against an S rank, and once again the demons are controlling the city hmm, they could make the aggressors sleep but the other girls fell asleep as well lol, it's cute
May 8, 2022 2:55 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao Iris almost putting those goons at the end to sleep forever (by killing them) instead of temporary like the plan was.

Nov 8, 2022 12:15 PM
Feb 2022
finally the episodes are better, 3rd ep in a row

More topics from this board

» Will we get a Sequel?

IndienRock - Oct 7

12 by diamondd24 »»
Oct 12, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

62 by JugNut001 »»
Aug 24, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2022

34 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2022

38 by Deo-Korusu »»
Aug 15, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

55 by saidlah03 »»
Jul 17, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.