Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2017 4:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The second episode was okay. Kinda got what I had expected for an idol show with the performance.

I have no doubt that the guys will be looking forward to improving themselves on stage.
Nov 3, 2017 8:06 AM
Dec 2014
the first two episodes were all i could have hoped for. this is only the beginning of i7, and my biggest hope is that nobody passes it up just because it's a male-idol series. (anyone else start crying at the instrumental version of mongen at the credits?)
Nov 3, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2015
I can feel all the emotions... Please tell me I'm not the only one here.... TwT

I love the second episode!! if we forget those pointy chin the animation look so good! The dance moves doesn't really look rough too! Argh!!! This only makes 2018 felt longer than before!!!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Nov 3, 2017 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
For the first few episodes I can really say I enjoyed them so far. As someone who is kind of picky with the male idol stuff (note I don't hate them) this is probably the strongest or one of them I've seen in a while.

I like the characters, I like the artstyle (based TROYCA) and I'm not gonna lie while the CGI isn't really that good it's not bad either. I honestly okay with that. But it really felt like I was enjoying myself a lot with these two episodes honestly, no complaints otherwise other than the CGI bit and I guess they need to give more background to the characters? Imo at least.
Nov 3, 2017 1:26 PM
Dec 2014
Wasshio said:
For the first few episodes I can really say I enjoyed them so far. As someone who is kind of picky with the male idol stuff (note I don't hate them) this is probably the strongest or one of them I've seen in a while.

I like the characters, I like the artstyle (based TROYCA) and I'm not gonna lie while the CGI isn't really that good it's not bad either. I honestly okay with that. But it really felt like I was enjoying myself a lot with these two episodes honestly, no complaints otherwise other than the CGI bit and I guess they need to give more background to the characters? Imo at least.

i7 has a REALLY long story. trust me. you'll get background eventually. glad you enjoyed it!!
Nov 3, 2017 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
calmato said:
Wasshio said:

i7 has a REALLY long story. trust me. you'll get background eventually. glad you enjoyed it!!

I think that really confirms a reason why the series got the amount of episodes it has gotten (17 episodes) so I'm looking forward to that honestly.
Nov 3, 2017 7:53 PM

Oct 2010
The 2nd episode is my favourite so far! Many good highlights such as the first live and TRIGGER's first appearance. The photoshoot scene were especially nice were we get to know more about the characters' traits and they were all portrayed nicely. Tsumugi is also a precious girl, she's really hardworking, and never blame the others for her mistakes...

Using CGI for the live performance is to be expected, but if they keep it up like this episode like sticking to 2D for close-up shots, I won't mind it lol.

Overall, it's nice seeing the first two episodes going smoothly.

I also agree with Wasshio, I'm picky with idols anime, and especially male ones but I can definitely see i7 being one of the strongest ones, despite being only two episodes atm. :')

Edit: Oh yeah, is it alright to even include i7 as a part of the Fall 2017 lineup? The first two episodes are only premiered two months early for now, with the rest are still being scheduled for Winter/January. (Like how Granblue released the first two episodes before the airing date)
KogamehNov 4, 2017 8:35 AM
Nov 3, 2017 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
Awwww, so nice. This one's gonna be a goodie.

Anyways, I hope the Utapri comparisons stop bc y'all nuts
Nov 4, 2017 6:12 AM
Oct 2017
Episode 1 & 2 kinda okay I guess, not a fan to male idol anime that have a girl in there, but they always get more ep than 12 ( I hope for "all male idol" can get more ep too ) so I will stick around with this
Nov 4, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2016
I love the animation (sasuga TROYCA). And the BGM was good, I wonder who handle it.
Nov 7, 2017 12:03 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Man when they performed Monster Generation, I felt a bit sentimental lol. Was only less than 2 years ago when I stopped playing but I did listen to those songs a heck ton. The group is great in that they're not naive at all and realize that the idol world is harsh. Being successful right off the bat, even before their debut, is difficult. I agree with the manager too, she's not annoying or frustrating. She works hard, has a strong personality, and is able to accept reality.

I can't stand Nagi though...just...no. It's so unnecessary to have that stereotypical foreigner's accent. I've never heard anyone learning Japanese sound like that. And no it's not funny. Although that's not really Nagi the character's fault, it's just a criticism on the "foreign accent" that you hear every once in awhile in anime. I'm not fond of Nagi's personality either though :P

TRIGGER though. I liked their interaction in the car, haha. Not a fan of their songs, but I do like their group dynamic.

Anyways, it'll be nice to see their growth.
Jan 4, 2018 1:16 AM

Oct 2015
I've been waiting the for ID7 anime for SO LONG! (Literally since the day the game was released lol) I was so happy when I found out that the anime is going to follow the game's story, since the story has a lot of dynamics. Really like the art as it makes them so adorable!

Favourite part as of now has to be TRIGGER's interaction in the car. Probably because best boy (Tenn) is in the scene? Can't wait for the interaction between Tenn and Riku (1st and 2nd fav character).

Hyped for the story, character developments and most importantly the backstory to kick in~!

furina siggy by puroland secret santa <3
Jan 6, 2018 1:16 AM

Mar 2011
Compared to most male idol anime, this one really stands out! The personalities of all the characters are strong and likeable so far (including the manager, which I love), and the music was catchy. Might look into playing the game....
Jan 7, 2018 5:21 PM

Jan 2014
It sucks it was low turnout, but that's to be expected for beginners. I would love to see them grow and gain fans. I like how it's from a Manager's perspective (kind of).

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 24, 2019 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
This is a strong idol anime so far
Feb 10, 2019 6:57 AM
Nov 2015
It sure cracks me up. Like the humor.
May 13, 2019 4:23 PM

Mar 2010
i cringed at the cgi performance
Feb 22, 2020 7:26 PM

Mar 2017
aww shucks :<<<< There were only 9 people but they gave their best!!!!
Really loved the first and second episodea~

The only thing that I didn't like were the cgi :///

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jun 6, 2020 11:34 PM

Aug 2017
I like how the group helped Tsumugi to distribute those fliers! It was expected that there were not many people at his first concert but it was not bad at all for the first time.

It was much better this episode since there is character introduction.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 24, 2021 3:55 PM

Jan 2021
The first two episodes were AMAZING.
And I hope it stays that way.
And also even though there was only 9 people. I’m just happy they gave it their best.
And that is all that matters.
CalmTeaTimeAug 26, 2021 8:57 AM
Sep 29, 2021 10:59 AM
Apr 2017
This episode was heartfelt. I knew the concept was going to turn out small, nut only nine people? I liked the fact that they all tried their best regardless of who came and who didn’t. It made me feel proud of them. This is just the start of their journey, and I’m excited to see where they end up.

Right now Suogo and Riku are my favorites, purely based on appearance and personality shown so far. I really do hope to get a backstory on everyone and I’m pumped to see them fight for their future.
Feb 21, 2022 11:57 PM

Feb 2020
Tsumugi did a very good job. She can be proud of herself.

I liked their first performance.

SerafosDec 21, 2023 4:04 AM
Dec 20, 2022 10:29 PM

Feb 2019
yeah, those TRIGGER trio were too good to be true. i knew they were completely different behind the scenes lol
May 26, 5:23 AM
Jan 2022
Love you rikuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

» Shouldn't this anime have a shoujo tag?

robal15 - Jul 12

9 by robal15 »»
Jul 13, 12:18 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2017

29 by Altair718 »»
Jun 20, 11:43 PM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2018

20 by kakyoin »»
Jun 5, 10:41 PM

» Who is your favorite? ( 1 2 )

Chiibi - Jan 14, 2018

76 by luciana_y2 »»
Apr 26, 5:18 AM

Poll: » IDOLiSH7 Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

28 by senekohan »»
Apr 24, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.