Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2021 7:18 AM
Oct 2020
Ok, so I've seen a lotta negative reactions, which I'm confused. The CGI characters are shown for only a split second and I honestly can't tell whether it looks good or bad.

How do you tell that it's bad from a split second? I have a feeling it's just stereotypes of "7ds animation bad", "CGI anime bad", and "Netflix anime bad", almost as if you're judgemental, and objectivity is no more. CMIIW.
Nov 9, 2021 7:20 AM

Feb 2020
But pv does look bad. Isn't pv supposed to showcase the best part of anime?

Also 7ds having bad animation is not a stereotype, it the truth. I did not mind it as much as others in s3 because it was story heavy rather than fights. But s4 though, that was making me cry
AdampkNov 9, 2021 7:26 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 9, 2021 7:29 AM
Oct 2020
Adampk said:

Also 7ds having bad animation is not a stereotype, it the truth. I did not mind it as much as others in s3 because it was story heavy rather than fights. But s4 though, that was making me cry

I mean yeah, it's a truth that 7ds animation is bad. What I meant is that it's as if some people use it as an excuse to say the teaser has bad CGI.

"But the pv does look bad"
Which is what I'm asking, how do you tell it's bad from milliseconds of the girl's back, and I can hardly see her front, which making it harder to judge.
Nov 9, 2021 7:49 AM

Feb 2020
RealNath said:
Adampk said:

I mean yeah, it's a truth that 7ds animation is bad. What I meant is that it's as if some people use it as an excuse to say the teaser has bad CGI.

"But the pv does look bad"
Which is what I'm asking, how do you tell it's bad from milliseconds of the girl's back, and I can hardly see her front, which making it harder to judge.

It was pretty obvious, that character is appearing stiff and not blending with the background properly, the power ball are looking even more weirder.
Maybe the movie may not be as bad. But pv doesnt look good. Few second are enough to tell it.
Also thats not a girl
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 9, 2021 8:55 AM
Oct 2016
you cant people just hate cgi by it just being cgi
Nov 9, 2021 1:50 PM

Aug 2009
RealNath said:
Ok, so I've seen a lotta negative reactions, which I'm confused. The CGI characters are shown for only a split second and I honestly can't tell whether it looks good or bad.

How do you tell that it's bad from a split second? I have a feeling it's just stereotypes of "7ds animation bad", "CGI anime bad", and "Netflix anime bad", almost as if you're judgemental, and objectivity is no more. CMIIW.

Few things. First, background. I looks so simple and clean. Like arena in some fighting games.
Second, character model is really simple. I have watched it frame by frame, and he looks bad. Shadows are so simple, that it give Tristan almost zero details. Almost no shadow on hands or clothers. Even swords look plain. That gives the look of that character really flat.

I can;t even say, that it looks like from game, because comparing it for example to Dragon Ball Xenoverse or Naruto games, it looks worse. Look at the anime "The Duke of Death and His Maid". It was also CGI, and not well see by many, but characters had depth. You could see light reflecting on hairs, shadows on clother ect.

Maybe finished anime would look better, but right now it's look bad.
Nov 9, 2021 3:04 PM
Jan 2021
Because in those seconds you can see various things such as the movement and textures of the characters and it is enough to say that the skin is pathetic, the hair and everything looks like rubber, the backgrounds have PS1 graphics.
Nov 9, 2021 3:20 PM

Aug 2015
Simply put by an adage, "a picture is worth a thousand words", and so is a split second.
Nov 9, 2021 7:33 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Because that "split second" still looked very appalling

Nov 9, 2021 9:16 PM

May 2020
The trailer really doesnt look that bad, but regardless, its a step down from the previous animation style of Seven Deadly Sins, and thats saying a lot since it had average animation

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Ensa no Edinburgh Episode 1 Discussion

StateofOhayo - Dec 20, 2022

45 by duragon49 »»
Jul 20, 3:12 AM

» Can someone give an outline about the important plot points I should know?

Biisoo - Aug 9, 2023

4 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:34 PM

» animation was great

removed-user - Dec 21, 2022

10 by DavidM_27 »»
Jan 26, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Is the choreography (especially the fight scenes) good?

RealNath - Dec 29, 2022

2 by UniversaI »»
Jan 10, 2023 5:51 PM

» CGI will be the downfall of anime someday

CRG - Nov 10, 2021

10 by RB9LesTes »»
Dec 28, 2022 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.