Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2021 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Being the 'center' of a group isn't easy and gotta work hard for it.

When it comes to proving themselves, everyone wants to at least show what role they're capable of. That Kei girl is no exception of course with her passion of being an idol. It seems drama in this show often bounces around between its main cast but with a conflict about roles this time. Performance this episode has a fairy tale vibe to it.
Stark700Apr 29, 2021 8:20 AM
Apr 29, 2021 8:31 AM

Apr 2014
Juka (or Jyuka? However you spell it) has one of my favourite fairy designs!! So aesthetically pleasing! I hope I get to cosplay him someday LOL

The animation in this episode felt a bit stiff compared to the others so far, but I think the animators still did a good job of keeping things consistent! Even with the "stiffness," everything was still nice to look at. Despite Juka's transofrmation sequence lacking the "fluidity" of the others, I think his sequence might be one of my favourites.

I also found the idol girl's struggle in this episode less compelling than the others we've seen so far, but I appreciated the nuance that came at the end of the episode. "You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain" kind of thing. Just goes to show that what the fairies actions don't always produce the most ideal results.

I YELLED when Juka stabbed that girl in the neck, like what the hell!! For some reason that felt so much more brutal than the other times and it made me laugh!

Next episode is titled "lust," soooo...very fitting for Takara. My guess is that the shady villain will either reveal himself at the end of next episode, or in the episode after that. Can't wait to see where things go!
Apr 29, 2021 8:33 AM
Sep 2015
I've no comment on the whole idol thing but I observe that green is weaker than other colors, he has to be helped by purple. Other colors can do their job alone just fine. But they'll face the enemy that require co-ordination anyway.

Also, the ray of censorship is gone, but the transformation scene is not as risky as previous episodes.
Apr 29, 2021 9:37 AM

Jan 2019
Jyuka is my favorite fairy honestly, both his forms (as the remind us) are very cute and I love try-hard type characters. His dynamic with Ranmaru is pretty sweet as well.

This episodes lesson/moral seemed to be a bit odd and maybe it's the last episode rubbing off on me, but did it seem like the ending was sure implying Kei is going to end up falling into the same path as the former center idol?

Also thought learning what the other Fairy Clans do was pretty interesting!

Though I have to admit I would have thought an episode called "Degeneracy" would have been more spicy than an episode called "Envy. A bit disappointed by that.

Apr 29, 2021 11:01 AM

Oct 2016
Um... Aurora Vikings? Sounds like a football team that wears unicorn uniforms.

!The moment I've waited 4 weeks to witness is finally here and good lord, it was dull as dirt. The writers need to have another crack-fueled office party so this show can at least be fun to watch again. Was his name always Jyuka and not Juka? I've been calling him that since the show started and I'm not changing it now, so whatever. His fairy form is adorable though.

Where is the dude that never likes to keep his pants zipped? His episode should be fun.
Apr 29, 2021 11:14 AM

Nov 2013
he truly is the cutest, very wholesome episode, we also got some more insight on the villains, i am still wondering what's the deal with the queen tho
Apr 29, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
phantomfandom said:
I've no comment on the whole idol thing but I observe that green is weaker than other colors, he has to be helped by purple. Other colors can do their job alone just fine. But they'll face the enemy that require co-ordination anyway.

wdym?? he didn't get help from ranmaru and he specifically asked him NOT to help him when he was fighting the girl
Apr 29, 2021 11:20 AM
Sep 2015
madelajn3 said:
phantomfandom said:

wdym?? he didn't get help from ranmaru and he specifically asked him NOT to help him when he was fighting the girl

When he was almost raped by tentacle, purple shot an arrow to help him. This kind of help didn't happen before this episode.
Apr 29, 2021 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
Mahou Shounen Manwhore...i meant MANSERVICE! lolz

Apr 30, 2021 5:06 AM

Dec 2017
Way too cutesy. Juka is the cutest guy as a human, but his fairy design is my least favourite. His transformation scene was cute, perhaps too cute for an episode called Degeneracy. I was hoping they'd go even further than Uruu's transformation sequence lol so I am a bit disappointed.
sea-lemonMay 1, 2021 4:24 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2021 7:20 AM
Nov 2020
I don't have any idea what going on but just from the bottom of my heart yes
May 7, 2021 8:42 AM

Dec 2016
This was fun to watch than the previous episodes.

Juka teaching Kei aegyo was really cute. It's good that Juka was able to help Kei become the center but later that obvious change in her personality is kinda bothersome. Now Kei is no less than the previous center who used to sleep with the fans for fame. If I was in Juka's place I would regret helping her.
May 10, 2021 11:16 PM

Dec 2017
Juka is my favourite! And I loved how he interacts with a cat! >u<

The idol stuff isn't my cup of tea, but Juka learning to embrace his strengths was fun.
Jun 23, 2021 11:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah the Idol industry is just rotten
Feb 17, 2023 9:01 AM
Nov 2021
Its very good and fun i like Yuka!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2021

7 by reigensexc »»
Dec 4, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2021

22 by reigensexc »»
Dec 4, 2023 6:36 PM

» Where is the yaoi tag? It's gay

Old_School_Akira - Jun 26, 2021

40 by Salty-GB »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2021

64 by Thunder_Gods2 »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:51 AM

Poll: » Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2021

10 by Sasha08 »»
Feb 19, 2023 9:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.