Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The surfing Bishounen cast (except Rindo) are all at where Nalu is residing now: Hawaii. ALOHA~~~ and intensive training for a week, that's some cooperation.

Didn't expect them to spit some real Olympic facts with Duke Kahanamoku, he's a surfing legend, and an American-Hawaiian at that.

From food to sightseeing, Hawaii is just a haven/mecca for surfers and tourists alike. No Rain, No Rainbow, and Bill's accommodation sure feels like it was made like a millionaire mansion of surfing gear and lush settings. Well, no matter if you're rich as heck. Tagging right along with the BL tease isn't much needed, but luckily it wasn't cringe.

The waves of Hawaii (especially in North Shore Haleiwa, Honolulu) are definitely more intense than that of Japan, and will really test the surfers' skills to tackle those ferocious, big waves. And surprise surprise, Rindo is at it, challenging big waves like it was nothing...

...and Sho's brother shows up? What's going on here?

Hopefully we'll have answers to everything Sho-related coming soon.
KANLen09Mar 16, 2021 4:25 AM
Mar 15, 2021 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
Okay for a moment I actually thought...
Mar 15, 2021 2:32 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they're in Hawaii in Honolulu now, it's good to get some new environment (even though it's similar to all the other beach cities), and almost every character are here... I really thought that they would revive Sho at the end, but seems like he has a brother who has exactly the same face as him, weird.
Mar 15, 2021 6:14 PM

Oct 2009
As much as I loved seeing them as tourists in all the various settings..... just how filthy rich is Bill???? Not sure it doesn't undermine that speech he gave about surfing... But we got Nalu back, so all's well with the world again.
Mar 15, 2021 6:17 PM

Dec 2016
This episode only furthers my sho is dead theory and I really don't like that.
Stay cool : )     
Mar 15, 2021 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
this episode was actually pretty fun, liked going around hawaii with them all, was a nice experience. also, that ending... sho's brother?? :0
Mar 15, 2021 8:41 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright! The crazy rich boy, Bill, suddenly brought up the boys gang into the Hawaii inside the suspicious agenda called intensive special training. Guess what? Its just the way to let Masaki, and me, knew more about Shou family. Thats his big bro! Well, even that genius surfer, Rindou, was also there. Oh well, everyone surely connected! What a great vacation, err i mean, training, they've got there! More Nalu is always appreciated. Even his lyrical hawaiian song sounds funny, and that driving comment, tho.

As Bill already said above those place; no rain, no rainbow. Yes, even a double rainbow! You get what i mean? Well, its not too bad episode, ngl, even though the some sequences were still cringing hard, cause of an uncertain reason from me. But ... oh, and one more thing: the dog love story also entering a new stage! That's some real good news through the entire episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 15, 2021 10:46 PM
Aug 2015
Woah I didn't expect there's a brief info about Duke Kahanamoku :0
Mar 16, 2021 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
So Sho's really de/d? The guy smiling at Masaki's surfing in the first episode wasn't him but his brother? He really committed su/c/de??

I watched that scene in the first episode again and the longer part of his hair is not on the same side as Sho's. The brothers hair is longer on the right and Sho's is longer on the left.

Though it could be just Sho pretending to be his twin because all he'd have to do is change is hair style lol. I'm assuming they are twins because they look so much alike and in Japan (most?/some?) twins call the one born earlier "older brother/sister" for some reason. At least that's the impression many anime/manga gives us foreigners lol idk.

But on closer inspection their voice actors are different too ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

And on a second closer inspection they look a bit different actually... Sho's hair is drawn with more shadow in it I guess. Or maybe that's just how the drawing came out in the episode but idk. damn orz

I'm gonna need a minute girl, I'm not okay... ๐Ÿ˜ญ
What was he going through...

Also I really didn't expect to be this engrossed in this story.

Asapro please say sike...

Let's form a prayer circle for the next episode ๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿค
removed-userMar 16, 2021 7:24 AM
Mar 16, 2021 7:34 AM
Dec 2020
I'm really liking the progress of the show to be completely honest. I don't think it deserves a very low rating. It should at least have an overall score of 7. It's not that amazing but it's actually decent.

Anyways, I am still waiting for the confirmation if Sho really committed s*icide because up until now we can still think of multiple scenarios to show if he's alive or not. Maybe we will find out in the next episode since his big brother showed up in the end. Can't wait!
Mar 16, 2021 8:13 AM
Sep 2015
Still don't know why Sho commit suicide, as his big brother is rich considering that he live in Hawai, which is island for rich people. And on top of that, Bill acquire a very large housing area in Hawaii, just how rich is he! And surfing is very lucky to have a rich sponsor like him.

And Bill is this close to have his own male harem, he's doing this for the love.... of surfing of course!
Mar 16, 2021 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
this was really soooo refreshing! I love this anime so much. truly a hidden gem for me ๐Ÿ˜ everything was so pleasing to the eye. From the hot cute boys, to the scenes of Hawaii, to the cool house of Bill, the pool, museum, wave pool. Loved it when it rained too.
I really wish for a season 2 of this ! 12 more episodes of these moments!
Queen's Gambit made me want to play chess, Wave made me want to go surfing !
Mar 16, 2021 9:17 AM
Dec 2020
Ngl it kinda suprised me that Sho is alive even tough I knew that he would be alive
Mar 17, 2021 1:11 AM

Oct 2008
damn! just how rich is Bill!
damn EngRish again!
oh i thought it was Sho bit it was his big bro?
5/5.

Mar 17, 2021 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
I'm glad that Nalu is back in the picture. He makes me so hard!

Bill is certainly rotting in money, isn't he? Also, everybody thought that was Sho, but it's actually his brother. He has Sho's looks.

Mar 19, 2021 9:00 PM

Jun 2020
Daddy Bill!!!!

Sho is really dead, huh? I’d thought he would appear again. I must say again that episode surprised me as didn’t think such a relaxing SOL would have a plot of someone possibly committing suicide. I guess they would be revealing what was bothering Sho so much back then soon.

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

May 2, 2021 7:15 PM

Mar 2016
Hm. Big brother is he? Doubt?

May 6, 2021 7:16 AM

Jul 2015
Bill is flexing his wealth mad on Corgi and the other highschoolers lol. Seems like Sho's older brother makes his appearance so we can finally solve the Sho mystery (altough we only got 2 episodes left...)

Jul 8, 10:20 AM
Nov 2017
A replacement for Sho has arrived!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 29, 2021

32 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 8, 2021

14 by Craneface »»
Jul 8, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 8, 2021

45 by Craneface »»
Jul 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 1 Discussion

zaverix - Jan 11, 2021

25 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2023 11:05 PM

Poll: » Wave!!: Surfing Yappe!! (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 22, 2021

16 by Unkrowned »»
May 6, 2021 7:39 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.