Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2020 11:33 AM

Sep 2018
Surprised there wasn't one already, honestly.

Even if I'm not a big kaiju fan in general, I'm still pretty hyped about this. A Bones/Orange co-production is like a dream come true to me, and Yamamori on the monster designs is the cherry on top.

Not very familiar with Kazue Katou but the concept art released showing the human characters looks very appealing as well. Overall, this series feels like it has everything going for it.
Oct 7, 2020 5:27 PM
Jan 2018
PhantomTom said:

Even if I'm not a big kaiju fan in general, I'm still pretty hyped about this. A Bones/Orange co-production is like a dream come true to me, and Yamamori on the monster designs is the cherry on top.

Not very familiar with Kazue Katou but the concept art released showing the human characters looks very appealing as well. Overall, this series feels like it has everything going for it.

This looks pretty good.
The only thing that's up in the air is the writing.

Also interesting to see Orange on this when they are also releasing Beastars the same season.

Edit: Oh wait, Beastars is releasing earlier. They originally said that it would be Spring 2021. They must be ahead of schedule.
TodAboTOct 7, 2020 5:31 PM
Oct 12, 2020 2:22 AM

Sep 2014
Having Orange here is great, I love what they've done with Beastars and Land of the Lustrous, and Bones is great of course, so I'm curious to see what they can do with Godzilla. I just need this to be good after the last anime trilogy flopped.
Oct 13, 2020 8:33 PM

Nov 2014
Fingers crossed this is good (unlike those awful movies.

Concerned Netflix are involved, they may not mean to but usually inflect Anime with mediocrity.
Oct 26, 2020 6:29 PM
Oct 27, 2020 3:02 AM

May 2020

Slap me if I'm wrong but what the hell is Gintoki doing in this anime ? JK.

The CGI doesn't look great but I'll need to see a bit more to make a definitive judgment. The character designs aren't really exceptional but whatever. I'm still hyped for this. Really hope this turns out great.

PhantomTom said:

Right ? How the hell did one of Japan's most iconic characters avoid getting a badass anime dedicated to it ?
Oct 27, 2020 7:04 AM
Aug 2018
Is that you Gin-san?
Oct 28, 2020 2:10 AM

Nov 2018
I'm looking forward to this one.

My guess is that Bones is doing the 2D animation and Orange is doing the 3DCG (knowing how good both studios are).

If they cast Sugita as the silver-haired guy, I'll shit myself laughing.

The girl also looks like Satomi from Parasyte.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Oct 28, 2020 8:59 AM
Jan 2019
This guy most definitely looks like gintoki sakata
Oct 29, 2020 5:38 AM

May 2020
Rapid_Joe said:
That guy was Ginpachi-sensei at a young age

Oct 29, 2020 5:15 PM

Sep 2018
CG looks alright. Expected better from Orange but it's still above average if you compare with the usual CG in anime. Digging the lineup so far.
Nov 3, 2020 11:48 AM
Jan 2019
Yatagarasu420 said:
Rapid_Joe said:
That guy was Ginpachi-sensei at a young age
😂😂😂noice
Nov 15, 2020 11:29 AM

Oct 2019
Definitely excited for it, Godzilla is an awesome franchise so I’m glad they’re bringing new life to it.
Dec 9, 2020 12:32 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Not a mega fan of the Godzilla franchise or anything, but I do remember watching one of the movies once and that one GameCube game Destroy All Monsters: Melee is pretty fun if you've got a friend or family member to play it with. The official website apparently unveiled a picture of its characters along with its voice cast recently, and the cast of characters look like they could be potentially fun to follow!

Sure, I'll give this show a try, I need to watch more weird and crazy stuff like kaiju battles anyway lmao.

edit: just realized this was my 3000th forum post, yaaaay
Fario-PDec 9, 2020 9:27 AM
Dec 15, 2020 6:46 PM

Sep 2018
Names and descriptions of a few characters besides the MCs that were posted on the official website have been translated by Wikizilla.

Haberu "Barbell" Kato (CV: Taro Kiuchi): Yun's best friend and co-worker whose hobby is working out. He gets entangled with the fight against the kaiju alongside his co-workers.
Goro "Pops" Otaki (CV: Wataru Takagi): Yun and Barbell's boss, head of the Otaki Factory. A world-renowned scientist who is infatuated with UFOs and unidentified creatures. In recent years, he has "devoted himself to protecting the Earth".
Satomi Kunahara (CV: Ayako Takeuchi): The punk receptionist of the Otaki Factory. Her private life is a mystery, but she supports Yun, Otaki and Barbell in their work.
Shunya Satou (CV: Yohei Akazami): The Chief of Staff of the Misakioku administration bureau. After receiving a mysterious alert at his job, he contacts the Otaki Factory for their assistance in fighting the kaiju. (Japanese man in a suit behind the tan-skinned girl)
Tsunetomo Yamamoto (CV: Jin Urayama): Satou's boss, the director of Misakioku. He excels at flattery and bland remarks and is always seen wearing a bold smile on his face. (The obvious human antagonist smiling next to Satou)
Yukie Kanoko (CV: Kotori Koiwai): Satou's actual boss (he was transferred from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to Misakioku). A bureaucrat who comes from a long line of bureaucrats and is "in the know" about state secrets. (Brown-haired woman to the far-left)
Takehiro Kai (CV: Kenichi Suzumura): A mysterious, self-proclaimed "freelance journalist" who seems to be everywhere at once. He is collecting information on the kaiju. (Blond guy with shades next to Kanoko)
Colonel Yoshiyasu Matsubara (CV: Tomoyuki Shimura): A colonel of the JGSDF, with a straightforward and serious personality. He enjoys being on the field, and is more often seen on-site than handling administrative work. (Military guy next to Kai)
Makita K. Nakagawa (CV: Hiromichi Tezuka): Dr. Li's butler and bodyguard who mantains a mansion in London. His pride for his work far exceeds that of an average person. (Guy between Yamamoto and Satou)

Other characters (this is straight from Wikipedia, no info except their seiyuus, just deducing stuff from char design as I can't read Japanese)
Pero-2 (CV: Misaki Kuno): A Shiba-Inu, probably virtual from what I can tell. Obligatory annoying mascot character I guess.
Yung (CV: Rie Kugimiya): Probably one of Yun's inventions, looks like a smartphone app with a simplistic face UI.
Dr. Li Giuying (CV: Kaho Kouda): The Chinese lady behind between Mei and Yamamoto. Can't tell much from her design alone but she seems important.
Bayler "BB" Barn/Bahn (CV: Ryoutarou Okiayu): Tired-looking guy with grey hair. Also can't tell much from character design alone.
Rina Barn/Bahn (CV: Runa Onodera): The tanned-skin girl. I think she's Bayler's daughter?
Tilda Miller (CV: Masako Isobe): The old lady between the Barns/Bahns. I don't think she'll be very important.
Michael Stephen (CV: Kenta Miyake): The obvious human antagonist of the show, the guy to the far-right. Willing to bet money that this guy is going to be part of the American government and corrupt as hell.

No info at all on the guy hiding his face. My bet is that they want us to think he's a bad guy but he'll actually be important to defeating the kaiju in the end.
Dec 31, 2020 6:02 PM

Feb 2020
Fario-P said:
Not a mega fan of the Godzilla franchise or anything, but I do remember watching one of the movies once and that one GameCube game Destroy All Monsters: Melee is pretty fun if you've got a friend or family member to play it with. The official website apparently unveiled a picture of its characters along with its voice cast recently, and the cast of characters look like they could be potentially fun to follow!

Sure, I'll give this show a try, I need to watch more weird and crazy stuff like kaiju battles anyway lmao.

edit: just realized this was my 3000th forum post, yaaaay

Man, I love Kazue Katou’s design so much, I’m looking forward to seeing what the anime will be like, for sure I’m going to watch

Just a random guy who likes random stuff (ᐛ)و
Also, nice to meet you ;)
Jan 30, 2021 11:32 PM
Feb 2017
That CGI looks like crap. Pass
Feb 1, 2021 9:04 PM

Nov 2007
PV 2
ED: "Aoi (青い)" by POLKADOT STINGRAY
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/414650
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 1, 2021 9:06 PM

Dec 2020
Lmao look at the Budget Gintoki
Feb 2, 2021 2:40 AM

Aug 2018
They should've hired Gintoki's VA for the silver haired guy lol
Feb 2, 2021 3:43 AM
Jul 2013
I was interested before, but now that Polkadot Stingray is doing the ending is an obligatory watch. I hope this helps them go mainstream
Feb 3, 2021 4:06 AM
Apr 2020
Is that gintoki? Lmao
Feb 3, 2021 6:37 AM

Dec 2020
Is that the homemade version of Gintoki lmao
Feb 6, 2021 10:57 AM

Oct 2008
me as well...i am really looking forward to this one!

Feb 18, 2021 11:38 AM
May 2018
PhantomTom said:

only watching it because of katou-san did the character design (^ω^) but you probably know blue exorcist right? If yes well she made it ^^;
Aug 26, 2021 4:54 PM

Oct 2008
Ah Kaiju, I remember when I watched Tokyo Ravens, SSSS Griman, Juushinki Pandora and Dynazenon. There are probably more I just can't remember at the moment. But this sort of anime is where I belive CGI belongs. These sorts of anime, are the only place I can appreciate CGI.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Mar 25, 2021

84 by Yugesai »»
May 22, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 3 Discussion

Clas1ck - Apr 7, 2021

45 by alex26gc »»
Jan 16, 9:39 PM

» Gintoki Ripoff Design

EXCLMaker - May 9, 2023

7 by Yugesai »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Clas1ck - Apr 1, 2021

66 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Godzilla: S.P Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 16, 2021

78 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 17, 2023 9:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.