Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 5, 2020 6:55 PM
Nov 2018
npandey said:
This episode was a really good one........

Tsunekichi, for me, is the best character so far.........He actually had accepted his death right in the beginning.......and the way he acts before his death.......i mean, bragging about his gf when he is gonna die, was the trait of an epic person...........He is like, enjoying his life even before death...........and yeah, he has some wits.....but of course, nana is a murderer and much better at doing bad deeds, so it was obvious she would beat a normal person easily................

Tho nana is intelligent, yet she cannot understand that she has basically taken three innocent lives, and planning to take the fourth one............this irony is something i will never understand

Yes, his power really messed him up. Because he can see the future, and it always comes true, his view of life is that you can never do anything, so don't even try. Actually, if he did make an effort, then he'd see more positive future outcomes. But he saw everything as staked out. So why not just give up and have fun before the end, whatever the fun might be.

Nana takes innocent lives, but the supernatural grow up to kill millions. Their powers grow to extreme levels. We already learned that they lose all morality when their powers grow. It only takes ONE. Imagine a whole neighborhood encased in ice, or a city engulfed in flames. Or someone going back in time to kill over and over. And an accomplice helping out by telling everyone what will happen in the future - with better and better information, when his power sharpens.

Someone who can't die, going kamikaze on the military with a bomb, only to get up after it has exploded.

And what else? Someone erasing important people's minds. Someone making tanks and planes crumble. They could cause a lot of mayhem. Even just one ... could kill dozens, with the right power. Or hundreds.

Of course, in reality they wouldn't do that. But in this anime, we have it confirmed that they actually do go insane and start killing people, or try to take power out of sheer arrogance and greed. Five years of world war followed.

Of course it's all just so we get to see clever puzzles. I love puzzle animes.
Nov 5, 2020 7:50 PM
Oct 2018
Hegar said:
npandey said:
This episode was a really good one........

Tsunekichi, for me, is the best character so far.........He actually had accepted his death right in the beginning.......and the way he acts before his death.......i mean, bragging about his gf when he is gonna die, was the trait of an epic person...........He is like, enjoying his life even before death...........and yeah, he has some wits.....but of course, nana is a murderer and much better at doing bad deeds, so it was obvious she would beat a normal person easily................

Tho nana is intelligent, yet she cannot understand that she has basically taken three innocent lives, and planning to take the fourth one............this irony is something i will never understand

Yes, his power really messed him up. Because he can see the future, and it always comes true, his view of life is that you can never do anything, so don't even try. Actually, if he did make an effort, then he'd see more positive future outcomes. But he saw everything as staked out. So why not just give up and have fun before the end, whatever the fun might be.

Nana takes innocent lives, but the supernatural grow up to kill millions. Their powers grow to extreme levels. We already learned that they lose all morality when their powers grow. It only takes ONE. Imagine a whole neighborhood encased in ice, or a city engulfed in flames. Or someone going back in time to kill over and over. And an accomplice helping out by telling everyone what will happen in the future - with better and better information, when his power sharpens.

Someone who can't die, going kamikaze on the military with a bomb, only to get up after it has exploded.

And what else? Someone erasing important people's minds. Someone making tanks and planes crumble. They could cause a lot of mayhem. Even just one ... could kill dozens, with the right power. Or hundreds.

Of course, in reality they wouldn't do that. But in this anime, we have it confirmed that they actually do go insane and start killing people, or try to take power out of sheer arrogance and greed. Five years of world war followed.

This is the thing in which i have some doubts, sorry to say.........I think I agree with some moronic kids doing shit out of sheer ignorance(and i can imagine tsunekichi and thise gyaru girls doing that kind of idiocy).........But the thing is.....I think that one of the major reasons they went berserk may relate to facts like they were experimented upon, or they or their families might have experienced social death......WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS CORRECT FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE HUMANS WHICH DO NOT HAVE POWERS......but perspectives are LOCAL..they are not global.........what is a crime from the perspective of one party might be a move of justice in the eyes of the opposing party.........AN EXCELLENT EXAMPLE IS THE ANIME "SHINSEKAI YORI"..........it is an epic tale of perspectives..........anyone who has seen would know.............my friend, the reason i found out the irony in nana's action was that i watched shinsekai yori and tried to understand that DIRTY CONCEPT OF PERSPECTIVES..........justice carried out by following perspectives is NOT JUSTICE, IT IS JUST THE OPINION OF MAJORITY......
Nov 5, 2020 8:29 PM
Nov 2018
npandey said:
Hegar said:

This is the thing in which i have some doubts, sorry to say.........I think I agree with some moronic kids doing shit out of sheer ignorance(and i can imagine tsunekichi and thise gyaru girls doing that kind of idiocy).........But the thing is.....I think that one of the major reasons they went berserk may relate to facts like they were experimented upon, or they or their families might have experienced social death......WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS CORRECT FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE HUMANS WHICH DO NOT HAVE POWERS......but perspectives are LOCAL..they are not global.........what is a crime from the perspective of one party might be a move of justice in the eyes of the opposing party.........AN EXCELLENT EXAMPLE IS THE ANIME "SHINSEKAI YORI"..........it is an epic tale of perspectives..........anyone who has seen would know.............my friend, the reason i found out the irony in nana's action was that i watched shinsekai yori and tried to understand that DIRTY CONCEPT OF PERSPECTIVES..........justice carried out by following perspectives is NOT JUSTICE, IT IS JUST THE OPINION OF MAJORITY......

You are doing some polemic soap-boxing right now. I already said, in real life people with superpower probably wouldn't do that, but here they did. The anime sets the premise. The anime already said those with powers start attacking the world. It wasn't in just one country. It was all over the world, and it led to five years of war. If one country treated them badly and caused them to start mass killings, is one thing. If the supernaturals start killing people all over the world, you can be pretty sure the problem lies with them. Not with every single human government acting in the same bad way, which somehow would turn nice people into mass killers. No, anime decides - people with powers go crazy, end of story.

As for Shinsekai Yori, it was the exact same thing. People went crazy when they got the powers. The flashback showed that they turned into psychopaths who killed for the sheer joy of it. That's why in the anime's present, five hundred years later, they needed severe psychological restraints to keep people from going crazy again. They showed several times that the premise was true - those who broke through the restraints turned crazy and started killing. The oldest woman in the world in the story, told the main character about how she had almost been killed by one such killer in the past.
Nov 5, 2020 9:13 PM
Oct 2018
Hegar said:
npandey said:

You are doing some polemic soap-boxing right now. I already said, in real life people with superpower probably wouldn't do that, but here they did. The anime sets the premise. The anime already said those with powers start attacking the world. It wasn't in just one country. It was all over the world, and it led to five years of war. If one country treated them badly and caused them to start mass killings, is one thing. If the supernaturals start killing people all over the world, you can be pretty sure the problem lies with them. Not with every single human government acting in the same bad way, which somehow would turn nice people into mass killers. No, anime decides - people with powers go crazy, end of story.

As for Shinsekai Yori, it was the exact same thing. People went crazy when they got the powers. The flashback showed that they turned into psychopaths who killed for the sheer joy of it. That's why in the anime's present, five hundred years later, they needed severe psychological restraints to keep people from going crazy again. They showed several times that the premise was true - those who broke through the restraints turned crazy and started killing. The oldest woman in the world in the story, told the main character about how she had almost been killed by one such killer in the past.

Have you even seen shinsekai yori? Or were you enjoying a good booze while seeing it?

Also, let me tell you that the village elder before saki WAS actually a person with a cantus.....and was mangled by a fiend because of malfuctioning of cantus....there is NO ethical issue in this incident whatsoever...the ethical part of shinsekai yori is the battle of SQUEALER VS CANTUS USERS.....in which the queerats were killed BECAUSE some humans considered themselves above them.....the fact that queerats addressed humans with CANTUS as "gods" was a very realistic pun on how the strong oppress the weak......................BUT DOES THAT MEAN ALL OF THEM WERE LIKE THAT? NO IT DOES NOT..........and anyone who is innocent DOES NOT deserve even a scratch, let alone death........i can understand that you are the type of teenager who is high on hormones and goes like-"yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nana is such a badass villian!!!!!!!!!!!!! So intelligent!!!!!!!!!!!!! Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"........but that is not true....sice this is not a shinsekai yori thread, i will not talk about it...........but know this, SHINSEKAI YORI is a unique anime with a very unique idea..........no one is the villian...it is just the battle of perspectives............of course,....those who are interested in some "BADASS PROTECTOR OF JUSTICE KILLING BAD GUYS" type of shit will never really understand it(all they will do is cheer for humans or queerats and talk about how happy they were about saki x satoru ship sailing)..............

Talking about Nana, Let me remind you, what she uses as a premise to take lives is not some "kill count"..its "potential kill count".......it is a fucking precedent..............something which is devised by humans, who think that all the superpower users would go ahead and destroy humanity because SOME(mind you, some, not all.....no where in the anime or manga was mentioned that ALL of the past talents were defective) of their past comrades wrecked havoc in society(and mind you again..............you are blaming all the superpower users without listening to what possibly might have happened to them...........then again, there are always some bad apples in a bunch)..........that does not mean in any way that ALL of them now will also go on a murdering rampage.......TELL ME, YOU WATCHED THE SHOW..YOU THINK NAKAJIMA WOULD REALLY KILL PEOPLE......OR THAT SHIBUSAWA WOULD DO IT WHILE BEING SOBER..............looking at their personalities, i do not think so.........but yeah..if the humans outside.......gave in to their curiosity..........and started dissecting shibusawa to perform experiments....while abandoning all humanity........he would loose his mind....AND THE INCIDENT WOULD REPEAT AGAIN................now can you tell me, WHO IS AT FAULT?

Shinsekai yori was very different........any sensible person who has seen it will understand the depth it wants to portray........but yeah...........majority of them would waste the entire anime crying about shun's death or romantic scenes........

"Munou no nana" never decided that people with powers were at fault.........YOU decided that.....keep watching the story and let it end first...........then decide anything........

You are doing some polemic soap-boxing right now

Sorry friend, but that was not my intention..........i thought you were someone who anlayses anime in depth.......looks like you are that person who is always like- "YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!! WOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

this is my fault, i apologize
Nov 6, 2020 7:14 AM

Oct 2008
Huh. I hope I'm not the only one rooting for Nana.

AnAnimeLife1021 said:
What can I say but : LMAO

Are these supposed to be complaints?

[*] PreCog doesn't warn ANYONE about a Murderer roaming about because "people don't like hearing about themselves possibly dying"

- Er, it's established that fate can't be changed. Why tell someone they're going to die if they can't do anything about it anyway?

[*]His power needs an Instant Camera to work. WHAT!?!

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoughtography Also, HERMIT PURPLE! At least he doesn't have to buy a new camera each time he does it.

[*]Visions are random and don't show him how he actually dies (PRETTY IMPORTANT DON"T YOU THINK??). Also his photos don't have any distinct markings

- Okay? But most, if not all powers have their setbacks and weaknesses. The entire show is premised on the fact that Nana has to find and exploit them. If they don't have weaknesses, there won't even be a show.

[*]Nana lays a trap before even knowing about the 5 Photo-set rule (which then ends up helping her lol)

- She was going to show him the photo later anyway. The 5-photo-rule doesn't really change anything.

[*] No rules are set up about his photos so Nana can make up the lie that "He was blackmailing me with photos of me bathing in the future". Why would he have visions of random people bathing ??!!

- Er... because he can't control his predictions? How is this even an issue?

[*] Nana says "I sensed an enemy of Humanity" ?? Her power is supposed to be mindreading right?

- I can sense that you're nitpicking. And I don't even have mindreading powers!

[*] Nana is standing over a dead body but yeah it was an EOH who insta-cursed and disappeared without a trace

- Sus indeed, but let's hope that police in the real world don't immediately convict all the people who were at the scene of the crime without some hard evidence.

[*] Nana crumbles and hides a photo right in front of 2 people in small room, somehow this made no noise and no one saw her hide it either .

- Try crumpling a photo in your own hand. It doesn't make much noise. But it was pretty much done for dramatic purposes anyway.

[*]Michiru made files about everyone's talent so they should know about the 5 Photo set rule and be suspicious if the number of pics don't add up

- Huh? They never found all the pics anyway, so this doesn't matter one bit.
Nov 6, 2020 8:08 AM

Sep 2019
Actar said:

AnAnimeLife1021 said:
What can I say but : LMAO

[*] PreCog doesn't warn ANYONE about a Murderer roaming about because "people don't like hearing about themselves possibly dying"

- Er, it's established that fate can't be changed. Why tell someone they're going to die if they can't do anything about it anyway?

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoughtography Also, HERMIT PURPLE! At least he doesn't have to buy a new camera each time he does it.

[*]Visions are random and don't show him how he actually dies (PRETTY IMPORTANT DON"T YOU THINK??). Also his photos don't have any distinct markings

- Okay? But most, if not all powers have their setbacks and weaknesses. The entire show is premised on the fact that Nana has to find and exploit them. If they don't have weaknesses, there won't even be a show.

[*]Nana lays a trap before even knowing about the 5 Photo-set rule (which then ends up helping her lol)

- She was going to show him the photo later anyway. The 5-photo-rule doesn't really change anything.

[*] No rules are set up about his photos so Nana can make up the lie that "He was blackmailing me with photos of me bathing in the future". Why would he have visions of random people bathing ??!!

[*] Nana says "I sensed an enemy of Humanity" ?? Her power is supposed to be mindreading right?

[*] Nana is standing over a dead body but yeah it was an EOH who insta-cursed and disappeared without a trace

- Sus indeed, but let's hope that police in the real world don't immediately convict all the people who were at the scene of the crime without some hard evidence.

[*] Nana crumbles and hides a photo right in front of 2 people in small room, somehow this made no noise and no one saw her hide it either .

- Try crumpling a photo in your own hand. It doesn't make much noise. But it was pretty much done for dramatic purposes anyway.

[*]Michiru made files about everyone's talent so they should know about the 5 Photo set rule and be suspicious if the number of pics don't add up

1) Er, it's established that fate can't be changed. Why tell someone they're going to die if they can't do anything about it anyway?

This excuse only works for the first murder. Okay , he couldn't prevent the first one but if he warned everyone about a MURDERER on the Island she would have been caught ASAP.

2) Don't link Wiki articles about fictional superpowers as if they are science lol

3) Yes that's not a logical complaint but rather about the random nature his powers.

4) Nana doesn't know if the PreCog has anyway of distinguishing between normal photos and "vision" photos but she gambles on this because the script has her back.

5) & 6) Whatever, lazy writing is lazy. The powers are set up with a arbitrary amount of details which are always exploitable by Nana. It doesn't feel like Nana is clever for solving a puzzle but rather getting a huge handicap from the writing of the story

7) Well at-least you can admit that the show loves cheaply setting up drama .Kyouya is set up to be super attentive to detail before this so its even dumber that he didn't notice her hiding the pic

8) If a Precog died maybe they should be looking at the latest set of visions to deduce what happened maybe idk.

Listen man, I don't care if you like this show or not, I'm just listing what I feel , don't take it personally.
Nov 6, 2020 9:59 AM

Nov 2019
this show has a lot of plot holes, but i enjoyed watching all of the episodes currently out rn.

am i the only one rooting for nana...? the comments on where i watched seemed to be rooting for the blue guy, lol. everyone is super dumb / boring so its almost gratifying to see her kill them in a way
Nov 6, 2020 10:07 AM

Aug 2012
Plot hole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include things as illogical, unlikely or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

wherermysocks said:
this show has a lot of plot holes

Such as what exactly? I see this line every time and bothers me a little.
Nov 6, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2008
AnAnimeLife1021 said:
Listen man, I don't care if you like this show or not, I'm just listing what I feel , don't take it personally.

Haha, you can feel whatever you want to feel. I'm just telling you that your feelings are based on imperfect knowledge or interpretations and am taking the opportunity to enlighten you. For instance, Thoughography is an actual thing. It's pseudo-science, sure, but I'm telling you that that's what the superpower is based on. That's why he needs a camera to activate his powers. So is Hermit Purple from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It's like saying Alakazam (the Pokemon) is stupid because he's holding spoons. Okay, but I'm here to tell you that spoons have a deep connection to psychic abilities and that's what they are a reference to.

Another example being the fact that they clearly established that the guy wanted to use the murder pictures to blackmail Nana into putting out. Lol, he didn't give a crap about anyone else due to his fatalistic world view. It's not "bad writing", they did a great job in setting everything up. Just because characters act in an illogical way, does not mean they're badly written.

A-Joy said:
Plot hole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot. Such inconsistencies include things as illogical, unlikely or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

wherermysocks said:

What people consider plot holes nowadays are when characters act in a way that they, the third-person omniscient viewer with perfect information, would not.
ActarNov 6, 2020 10:30 AM
Nov 6, 2020 10:42 AM

Sep 2019
Actar said:
AnAnimeLife1021 said:

Haha, you can feel whatever you want to feel. I'm just telling you that your feelings are based on imperfect knowledge or interpretations and am taking the opportunity to enlighten you. For instance, Thoughography is an actual thing. It's pseudo-science, sure, but I'm telling you that that's what the superpower is based on. That's why he needs a camera to activate his powers. So is Hermit Purple from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. It's like saying Alakazam (the Pokemon) is stupid because he's holding spoons. Okay, but I'm here to tell you that spoons have a deep connection to psychic abilities and that's what they are a reference to.

Another example being the fact that they clearly established that the guy wanted to use the murder pictures to blackmail Nana into putting out. Lol, he didn't give a crap about anyone else due to his fatalistic world view. It's not "bad writing", they did a great job in setting everything up. Just because characters act in an illogical way, does not mean they're badly written.

I do not accept the internal logic of any show at face value.

For e.g : Your point about " they clearly established that the guy wanted to use the murder pictures to blackmail Nana into putting out".

There is no set-up for this any previous episode. Everyone treats the Pre-Cog as just a regular guy in this episode too. If he was a creep and a predator he would have history of committing some level of creepy actions in the past or hell. If you are aware , people with a history of sexual offense aren't the "one and done" types. This is bad character writing

The cliffhanger of episode 4 is set-up off-screen and by actions out of control of the main character .

The cliffhanger is resolved by something that was also set-up off-screen (PreCog being a predator) and by actions out of control of the main character.

This is cheap writing.
Nov 6, 2020 10:59 AM

Sep 2019
Setting up a character who is okay with a serial killer killing off his classmates and then later attempts rape all because "he is bored since destiny can't be escaped" is bad writing IMO.

They could have done something around "Too much knowledge drove him insane" but all he gets is 5 semi-random photos per 24 hours (Or is it per sleep cycle? Show doesn't say because its too lazy). Notice how all the photos are of people in his immediate surroundings so clearly there are limits but what are these limits? They can't be set up because the writing isn't strong enough to create a puzzle for Nana to solve. The only things they can set up are the things that Nana needs to win.
Nov 6, 2020 11:34 AM

Oct 2008
AnAnimeLife1021 said:
There is no set-up for this any previous episode.

Er... yeah? The format of this show is obviously kill-of-the-week a la Tokusatsu or Magical Girl. Each character will have a chance to shine in their own sets of episodes with the overarching plot being the battle between the main 2 characters.

AnAnimeLife1021 said:
Everyone treats the Pre-Cog as just a regular guy in this episode too. If he was a creep and a predator he would have history of committing some level of creepy actions in the past or hell. If you are aware , people with a history of sexual offense aren't the "one and done" types.

Oh, dear. This is NOT how it works, even in the real world. Sometimes, people don't take action unless they are 100% sure they can get away with it and Nana exploited that oversight. As Nana mentions in the episode, as a precog, the guy got overconfident in his own powers.

AnAnimeLife1021 said:
Setting up a character who is okay with a serial killer killing off his classmates and then later attempts rape all because "he is bored since destiny can't be escaped" is bad writing IMO.

No, it isn't. You just aren't able to understand or empathize with his character. From an early age, his entire world view has been dominated by the simple fact that destiny can't be changed. And this extends outside of his photos, by the way. This means that no matter what he or anyone does, things will happen as they are meant to happen. This is both empowering AND disempowering.

- He can't give a shit about doing any good in the world. Why bother if they're going to die anyway?
- Why not screw around with Nana when he is 100% sure that he would end up killing her? As long as he's assured of his safety, he can do anything he so desires.

This perfectly explains why he acts the way he does and how he became a hedonistic narcissist.

AnAnimeLife1021 said:
Notice how all the photos are of people in his immediate surroundings so clearly there are limits but what are these limits.

Huh? The limits are obvious?

- He's limited to 5 photos every night.
- He can't control what those pictures are of.
- Everything that the pictures depict will happen.
- The photos are taken using a polaroid camera.

Together with these clues and what she gathered from reading into his character, Nana exploited his deep-seated preconceptions and biases in order to kill him. Not sure what more you could hope for.
ActarNov 6, 2020 11:38 AM
Nov 6, 2020 11:53 AM

Nov 2019
A-Joy said:

wherermysocks said:

just as an example off of the top of my head, why doesn't kyouya just straight up call nana out? i mean, he has plenty of evidence against her. i'd say that the fact that she couldn't read his mind and tell him what is talent is was pretty damning in and of itself. what's she even gonna do about it if he does? he's invincible. and if everyone knows nana doesn't really have a talent then that's an instant game over for her.
Nov 6, 2020 11:54 AM

Sep 2019
Actar said:
AnAnimeLife1021 said:
There is no set-up for this any previous episode.

Er... yeah? The format of this show is obviously kill-of-the-week a la Tokusatsu or Magical Girl. Each character will have a chance to shine in their own sets of episodes with the overarching plot being the battle between the main 2 characters.

AnAnimeLife1021 said:
Everyone treats the Pre-Cog as just a regular guy in this episode too. If he was a creep and a predator he would have history of committing some level of creepy actions in the past or hell. If you are aware , people with a history of sexual offense aren't the "one and done" types.

Oh, dear. This is NOT how it works, even in the real world. Sometimes, people don't take action unless they are 100% sure they can get away with it and Nana exploited that oversight. As Nana mentions in the episode, as a precog, the guy got overconfident in his own powers.

AnAnimeLife1021 said:

No, it isn't. You just aren't able to understand or empathize with his character. From an early age, his entire world view has been dominated by the simple fact that destiny can't be changed. And this extends outside of his photos, by the way. This means that no matter what he or anyone does, things will happen as they are meant to happen. This is both empowering AND disempowering.

- He can't give a shit about doing any good in the world. Why bother if they're going to die anyway?
- Why not screw around with Nana when he is 100% sure that he would end up killing her? As long as he's assured of his safety, he can do anything he so desires.

This perfectly explains why he acts the way he does and how he became a hedonistic narcissist.

AnAnimeLife1021 said:
Notice how all the photos are of people in his immediate surroundings so clearly there are limits but what are these limits.

Huh? The limits are obvious?

- He's limited to 5 photos every night.
- He can't control what those pictures are of.
- Everything that the pictures depict will happen.
- The photos are taken using a polaroid camera.

Together with these clues and what she gathered from reading into his character, Nana exploited his deep-seated preconceptions and biases in order to kill him. Not sure what more you could hope for.

>From an early age, his entire world view has been dominated by the simple fact that destiny can't be changed.

LITERALLY FALSE. He tries to change the result of his super important exam that decides careers or whatever. An exam that obviously doesn't happen at "Early age" clearly.

This is a man who gives up on morality and is okay with murder and rape because he got fever on the day of an exam.

I'm not wasting anymore time with your weak arguments that even contradict what's happening in the show. Enjoy your trash Anime.
AnAnimeEnjoyerNov 6, 2020 12:07 PM
Nov 6, 2020 12:37 PM

Oct 2008
AnAnimeLife1021 said:
>From an early age, his entire world view has been dominated by the simple fact that destiny can't be changed.

LITERALLY FALSE. He tries to change the result of his super important exam that decides careers or whatever. An exam that obviously doesn't happen at "Early age" clearly.

This is a man who gives up on morality and is okay with murder and rape because he got fever on the day of an exam.

I'm not wasting anymore time with your weak arguments that even contradict what's happening in the show. Enjoy your trash Anime.

Haha, the classic online debating strategies when you've lost the argument and don't know how to say "Huh, never thought of it that way before.":

1. Picking out the most insignificant of issues with the argument and thinking you've unraveled the entire thing.
2. Constructing a strawman by misrepresenting the argument in order to ridicule and invalidate it.
3. Calling the argument weak even though you've not provided any substantiation or counterpoints.
4. Attempting to save face by determining the argument a waste of time instead of conceding.
5. Labeling the anime as trash because you yourself can't seek any enjoyment from it and want to shit on other people's tastes.

I think I got them all? (^o^')

Anyways, looks like you're too young to understand what it's like to have an existential crisis. Just wait till you're between the ages of say 25 to 30 and come back and watch the show again.
Nov 6, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2019
Actar said:
AnAnimeLife1021 said:

Haha, the classic online debating strategies when you've lost the argument and don't know how to say "Huh, never thought of it that way before.":

1. Picking out the most insignificant of issues with the argument and thinking you've unraveled the entire thing.
2. Constructing a strawman by misrepresenting the argument in order to ridicule and invalidate it.
3. Calling the argument weak even though you've not provided any substantiation or counterpoints.
4. Attempting to save face by determining the argument a waste of time instead of conceding.
5. Labeling the anime as trash because you yourself can't seek any enjoyment from it and want to shit on other people's tastes.

I think I got them all? (^o^')

Anyways, looks like you're too young to understand what it's like to have an existential crisis. Just wait till you're between the ages of say 25 to 30 and come back and watch the show again.

You are as smart as the people who wrote this show.

AnAnimeEnjoyerNov 6, 2020 1:08 PM
Nov 6, 2020 1:40 PM

Oct 2008
AnAnimeLife1021 said:
You are as smart as the people who wrote this show.

Wow, that's a legit nice thing to say! I didn't expect that after all the hostility you've shown me.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my own anime series one day too. (^o^)

Nov 6, 2020 3:35 PM

May 2020
Nefelupitou said:
I know who's been killing everybody, even I'll be killed by her, what should I do?

A - Tell everybody about her
B - Try to have sex with her

Hmm, quite difficult

Obviously option B. That cute pink cotton candy hair and tiny body are to die for
Nov 6, 2020 3:41 PM

Oct 2018
GhostCow said:
Nefelupitou said:
I know who's been killing everybody, even I'll be killed by her, what should I do?

A - Tell everybody about her
B - Try to have sex with her

Hmm, quite difficult

Obviously option B. That cute pink cotton candy hair and tiny body are to die for

Gotta agree with you, my friend.
I'm willing to die for 2 minutes with Nana
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Nov 6, 2020 4:24 PM
Dec 2017
Why hasn't anyone commented on how plot breaking "pretending to mind read"?

If you can read my mind, then tell me what number I'm thinking of?

Is this whole anime about how completely retarded teenagers can be?

Also, I would have posted this in a thread by itself, but there seems to be no ability for creating new threads.
Nov 6, 2020 6:05 PM

Oct 2008
this show = extreme mind games! CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!
5/5.
i wonder if this is the end game for Michiru...for me i think that's not the case since after the end credits finished rolling it shows: "Necromancer" meaning can she raise the dead? or if she's killed she can revive? damn! the 1 week wait is killing me!!!

Nov 6, 2020 7:00 PM
Dec 2017
This anime is over the top stupid, and is to me becoming a JoJo Star event. What? This doesn't make sense? Well, let me destroy your time stopping powers with my time destroy/erase ability. Check mate bitch!

Nana-chan is caught skull fucking a knife through innocent victim's eyeball killing him instantly.

Smartest Student on the island, "What are you doing?"

Nana-chan, "There was a invisible monster that stabbed him and I was trying to stop them. I just grabbed the knife trying to slow it down, but it was too late."

Smartest Student on the island, "Plausible story..."

Nana-chan, "My pussy is usually pink, but now it's blushing red."

Smartest Student on the island, "Oh, you're cute. Wanna date?"

Nana-chan, "I know a perfect place for privacy. Will you meet me in a shed?"

Smartest Student complies and follows Nana-chan with a huge hard on.

The last talented student on the island dies. The End!
Nov 6, 2020 7:20 PM
Dec 2017
katie_potaty said:
The episode endings of this anime are all so incredible! My stomach dropped when Nana was smiling psychotically like that at Michiru 😱

I don't think Michiru will die though; I think Onodera will get there before that can happen, probably wanting to look at the body again cause he's suspicious but couldn't get the other photos.

I can't believe Onodera is the only one who suspects Nana though; by now, she's acting so suspicious and all the coincident are building up so much that I'd have thought even an idiot would get a hint!

100.00000000% of the high school population of the real world wouldn't fall for her fake psychic powers. I can't think of a single fictional tv/movie show with super smart people that could fake being psychic to normal people for this long. Therefore, I deduce the only conclusion. These students are completely mentally retarded (lower IQ than toddlers) and this includes the main character Nana. Even someone with partial intelligence wouldn't pretend to fake psychic powers for an entire classroom they need to stay with for a long period of time. Eventually,there will be a time your fake psychic ability fails to predict correctly; and your facade is uncovered.
Nov 6, 2020 7:35 PM
Dec 2017
AnAnimeLife1021 said:
Actar said:

1) Er, it's established that fate can't be changed. Why tell someone they're going to die if they can't do anything about it anyway?

This excuse only works for the first murder. Okay , he couldn't prevent the first one but if he warned everyone about a MURDERER on the Island she would have been caught ASAP.

2) Don't link Wiki articles about fictional superpowers as if they are science lol

3) Yes that's not a logical complaint but rather about the random nature his powers.

4) Nana doesn't know if the PreCog has anyway of distinguishing between normal photos and "vision" photos but she gambles on this because the script has her back.

5) & 6) Whatever, lazy writing is lazy. The powers are set up with a arbitrary amount of details which are always exploitable by Nana. It doesn't feel like Nana is clever for solving a puzzle but rather getting a huge handicap from the writing of the story

7) Well at-least you can admit that the show loves cheaply setting up drama .Kyouya is set up to be super attentive to detail before this so its even dumber that he didn't notice her hiding the pic

8) If a Precog died maybe they should be looking at the latest set of visions to deduce what happened maybe idk.

AnAnimeLife1021, I mostly agree with you. Don't let the fanbois drive you insane with their stupidity.

These ignorant fanbois used a JoJo super power to justify the logic in this show. LOL, ROLLING ON FLOOR LAUGHING SO FUCKING HARD! Do they realize that Jojo is meant to be over the top rediculous insane non-logical fun trolling? Have you seen JoJo's Amazing Adventure? They literally have a Nazi-Vampire boss fight against a white guy with a black kid side kick "kinda like a slave". Their playbook is "what is the most insane things we can think of?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFPutgBe3GY
Nov 7, 2020 2:23 AM

Dec 2018
Tsunekichi isn't fully stupid but he just can't beat Nana mind. He managed to stop Nana from strangle him but too bad, he didn't think too hard that Nana death picture is a fake one.

Is Kyouya the only intelligence student there? Wonder if another intelligence characters might appear soon. Wonder what will happen to Michiru... She look like an important character... Doubt she will die earlier...

Nov 8, 2020 12:38 AM
Apr 2020
Horny Tsunekichi was killed by Nana. It's pretty obvious that Nana took that photo, Tsunekichi is just a moron who wanna bang Nana. He could've told others about his premonitions. lol

Kyouya's deductions are on point. Michuru saw that photo! Nana's smile is so creepy. I hope Kyouya thought that Nana will go to Michiru and save Michuru from Nana.

Ao_SkyNov 8, 2020 6:29 AM
Nov 8, 2020 11:46 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby Muhammod I need to drink less on a Sunday. I started watching eps 6 with a stinging feeling I had missed something. Fear not, sweet baby Jesus has guided me on the right path. Epic episode. How Nana played the precog was brilliant, but lets not rule out the white haired guy. im not sure how many suicides or rope killings he has witnessed but he was straight in there with observation. Btw. If your catholic, don't be killing yourself. I learned everything I know from Constantine!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 8, 2020 5:29 PM
Back to anime

Jun 2017
I've only seen up to episode 5 so far, but the last two episodes (4-5) are so damn good~!<3 X3
I love how deep they go in the analysis of the situation and how each character is reacting to each situation, things are starting to get real now, or rather that's the feeling I'm getting rn.>:P>
Nov 8, 2020 5:45 PM
Jul 2018
Literally they don't suspect Nan,Other than that I thought the guy in the photo was really dumb, but I found the episode incredible.

Nov 9, 2020 8:35 AM
Jan 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
Casterisk said:

People hate Nana (me included) because she's a weak character with flimsy ass motives. Also the fact she's killing innocents?? I'm more concerned for the people who like her.

Her backstory hasn’t been fully fleshed out yet. I like her because she has twisted and smart mind and she’s adorable.

If you're talking anime then no, her backstory isn't fleshed out, but in the manga it is and I still think her character is weak and her motivations are garbage. Sure, she's "smart", only because the writing makes every other character, even the ones who are also supposedly smart, become idiots or do stupid shit so she doesn't get caught. The plot bends over backwards to make sure she stays secret until it needs her to get rumbled. Seeing as you might be an anime only I won't spoil, because there's a massive reason she doesn't work for me but it's a huge spoiler so : /
Nov 9, 2020 5:11 PM

Aug 2019
I've made it this far into the show, and I don't know exactly how something this poorly written garners a "Best anime of the season" title like everyone keeps touting it is. For one thing, Nana's whole inner monologue thing she does every ten seconds is just really goofy, and it feels like the show is parodying *actually* well-written murder mystery shows instead of being one.

Secondly, she murder's people in the most obvious ways? Especially this episode, I find the way she bullshitted her way out of this situation to just be infuriating and not actually entertaining. We have one character who's always on her tail, but who just never seems to want to confront her about his thoughts on her being the murderer (or even bring them up to other people for one thing). A Main character whose just not very likable and who I don't actually have any real reason to root for, outside of the fact that she *is* the main character. Maybe if Nana had some tragic backstory about an enemy of humanity murdering her entire family, and the narrative told us that the EOH who did that is actually among one of these seemingly normal high school kids, then I'd feel a little better about her ruthlessly murdering all of them. But all the story ever gives us is some innocuous number we won't understand for possibly episodes, the vague prospect of these EOH's being "evil" or a "danger", and some shadowy government agency who holding Nana's hand in the shadows.

I'm really trying to enjoy this show, but it's really hard to when:

1. The MC is just unlikable and I have no real reason to like them, or even see them succeed.

2. The "Murders" are so obvious and easy to figure out from an outsider's perspective, that I wonder how anyone in the class thinks this is a real "mystery".

3. The characters being murdered are all seemingly nice, and well-developed people and individuals who aren't all that bad (aside from the douche from today's episode), so when they *do* die for being an "Enemy of Humanity" I just feel bad for *them* (the enemy) and not good for the MC (The supposed Hero).

It makes me wonder if maybe the show is trying to tell us that's the point, that Nana is just a villain in a protagonist's role. But even then, as a villain she kind of sucks ass because she's not really interesting outside of her whole "Nice girl on the outside, Evil assassin on the inside" shtick. And since she does the switch from Nice to Evil so goddamned often, the gimmick loses it's novelty really fast. This becomes an issue when other characters find out she's got an "evil" side and are all shocked to discover this. We, the audience, don't feel shit other than a "yeah, now you know".

I'm really only going to continue to watch just to see if maybe Nana fails, or if she grows some goddamned compassion for the people she's murdering, or to see if the show will give us literally *anything* else to let us feel even a *bit* of empathy towards Nana. If it continues on to just be a "Nana obviously murder's somebody, and nobody knows it's her somehow" thing for the rest of the show (I'd say up until episode 10 that's as far as I'm willing to take it with a show I'm not particularly enjoying lol) then I'm just gonna bounce and not rec this to people looking for a good "murder mystery, plot twist" type of show.
Nov 9, 2020 6:14 PM

Aug 2019
Also, this plan of theirs is still really fucking dumb if you think about it. They send ONE teenager to each island to do their dirty work and expect it to work? Wouldn't it be way easier to just send a bunch of military dudes there to murder them all that way instead? Their best bet is some pink-haired teenage girl?

Nov 10, 2020 3:44 AM

Jun 2013
Tsunekichi is a fucking horn dog. He has the power to predict the future and all he can think about is fucking the girl who is going to kill him. He even told his classmates that Nana-chan was his girlfriend and couldn't keep it a secret lol.

Anyway, Michiru is one of my faves. I still have theory that

臭い-
Nov 16, 2020 7:51 PM

Jun 2020
It's so obvious now for Kyouya, rip Tsunekichi trying to raped Nana died that too bad.

Infact what Nana did is a pretty good one, and now Michiru is next.
Dec 2, 2020 11:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not really getting as much into this as I thought after the first episode. Other than Onodera, the enemies of humanity are sooo stupid and this just makes the stakes be really low. And Nana is quite boring and contrived as an antagonist. If they really wanted a twist, they should make her loose at the end, but since we know she's the MC, it wont happen.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2020 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
That perfectly ED transition!

Dec 6, 2020 5:43 AM

Aug 2017
Holy shit Michiru's gonna die now. FUCK!!!!

Kyoya rush back there fast!!!! Damn!!

Also Tsunekichi fucked up pretty bad. He was just a Horny ass dog. If he would have collaborated with the class they would have been able to catch Nana but nooo....This bastard did his thinking with his dick!!

RIP Michiru.

Dec 7, 2020 10:23 AM

May 2014
Here is my interpretation of how the photos work:

It seems clear that the predictions made by the photos take into consideration how the characters react to those photos. Tsunekichi was refusing to head to the murder scene before he found the fake photo, and the fake photo was created because of the existence of the initial photos. Nothing that happens to fulfill the photos ever seems to violate normal laws of physics. The conditions just happen to be right for the outcomes.

So the events had to progress roughly the way they did because otherwise the pictures would not have come true, and they had to come true. The events played out as they did because the characters are who they are. It is not as though we should assume that people have metaphysical free wills. Their actions are predictable, at least by some superpowers that can make normally impossible calculations.

If Tsunekichi was the kind of person who would reveal the information to the class or would figure out that the fake photo was fake, he likely would not have got the photos in the first place because then the existence of the photos likely would have prevented those events and he only gets photos that come true.

Tl;dr: It is causality, really.
TheDeedsOfMenDec 7, 2020 10:26 AM
Dec 7, 2020 2:27 PM

Aug 2017
So the future cannot be changed. Nana tricked Tsunekichi but the twist would have been more interesting if he had prevented Nana from using his camera.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 1, 2021 11:14 AM

May 2015
AHHHHH!!!!! XD That last face of Nana was quite intimidating lol. I love how many times Ive had the same reaction as Nana where I just pause like ".......................what?!" when a plot twist occurs.

Also Im listening to this ED song for the first time while writing this before I move onto the next episode and its pretty good.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 21, 2021 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
it's ridiculous how much this is being dragged out. at this point kyouya should 100% know that it's nana yet he's still sitting here in sherlock mode. i'm hating this anime with every fiber of my being.
Feb 14, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2015
OOOOHHHH PLEAAAAAAASEEEEEEEE isnt hella sus Nana lying and going to Tsunekichi's room after he 'supposedly' tried to rape her?????? cmon Kyouyaaaaaaaaaaa you are smarter then thisssssssss
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Mar 13, 2021 9:26 AM

Jul 2015
I can understand his nihilistic view of not being able to change the future, but Hatadaira could've at least been smart enough to warn others. Well at least his pictures managed to reach someone although I don't have much hope in Michiru surviving this.

Mar 23, 2021 2:50 AM

Oct 2010
to be fair, the kids here are very stupid, why not call a teacher, why not talk with everyone? it was so weird how the white hair girl acted after it was confirmed that blondie was dead, usually you would cry and scream and all that shit, but here everyone acts like they're some police crime investigators.
It's a decent mystery anime but I would love if people would act more carefully
Oct 14, 2021 11:46 AM

Jul 2021
Aw I thought Tsunekichi was cool but he's just pretty creepy. Other than that, Kyouya really should be 100% sure that Nana is the killer, and I don't get why they're dragging it out. And why are these kids just not at all communicating about the situation or seem concerned? Like, 2 of their classmates have been missing for days now and both times on the day they died they got close with Nana. Really it should be obvious by now to all the characters.
Oct 14, 2021 2:27 PM
Nov 2020
realswagmoney said:
Aw I thought Tsunekichi was cool but he's just pretty creepy. Other than that, Kyouya really should be 100% sure that Nana is the killer, and I don't get why they're dragging it out. And why are these kids just not at all communicating about the situation or seem concerned? Like, 2 of their classmates have been missing for days now and both times on the day they died they got close with Nana. Really it should be obvious by now to all the characters.

1.Kyouya lacks an solid evidence, others trust and her motive. Without any of that he cannot prove her guilty even if he comes up with a good theory. And there is still that 1% chance that maybe she actually telling the truth due to her behaiviour and points she sometimes make.

2.They are kids and they have no clue what's going on. Most of them are scared, scared to admit that that they are indeed in danger so they rely on their leader who they believe can protect them. Also some of them have their own skeletons to hide and some of them simply don't care (Tsunekichi).

3.(close with Nana) In it's core it's still just a circumstencial evidance. Also Shibusawa returned to the dorms that day and went missing during the night so saying that they should suspect her here as well is quite a stretch. About the rest yea, and (minor spoiler)

StrykerynoOct 14, 2021 2:35 PM
Nov 29, 2021 12:59 AM

Dec 2013
Tsunekichi believed in the future photos way too much. Not that any of them were wrong at any point.

It's amazing that she was somehow able to talk her way out of that situation.

RIP Michiru at the end.
Dec 16, 2021 5:55 AM

Dec 2014
So Tsunekichi don't have future, does that mean the message Nana saw was a fake "precognition" sent by someone?

Since Nana finally accept that Tsunekichi power is absolute, but she somehow has the message of Tsunekichi's future killing count.

Nana is known to have great sense and logic, why she doesn't noticed something is wrong with the kill count message?

Or was she just brainwashed? Which I highly doubt so as I accidentally read some future plot.

This is a stupid plot hole or some sort IMO.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Dec 16, 2021 6:20 AM
Nov 2020
aLotQuestion_ said:
So Tsunekichi don't have future, does that mean the message Nana saw was a fake "precognition" sent by someone?

Since Nana finally accept that Tsunekichi power is absolute, but she somehow has the message of Tsunekichi's future killing count.

Nana is known to have great sense and logic, why she doesn't noticed something is wrong with the kill count message?

Or was she just brainwashed? Which I highly doubt so as I accidentally read some future plot.

This is a stupid plot hole or some sort IMO.

Just because you are smart doesn't mean you're immune to indoctrination. The whole meaning of these numbers is explained later on it's not a plothole.
Jun 16, 2022 12:41 AM

Dec 2021
I hate Tsunekichi so much.
K-Pop? Bias? Nah man, we only know Ai and Ruby Hoshino in this house.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.