Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2020 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I suppose every character in this show has their strength and weaknesses. This episode got strange with the idea of time travel.

Youhei is a clever guy and not someone to be underestimated. And oh boy, Nana didn't hold her emotions back.
Oct 11, 2020 6:04 AM
Apr 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I suppose every character in this show has their strength and weaknesses. This episode got strange with the idea of time travel.

Youhei is a clever guy and not someone to be underestimated. And oh boy, Nana didn't hold her emotions back.

Let's start this death note like show.
Oct 11, 2020 6:22 AM
Sep 2018
Yep, this show in a nutshell:

I don't think it's necessary to explain who's who.

In the manga I got the impression that the infodump at the start also served Nana's characterization, a. k. a. she was reminding herself of her purpose to suppress feelings of guilt. Here I didn't get that impression as much but anyway

So yeah, Nana's less a psycho then the governments dog. Also, the reason why they just don't bomb them will be touched upon later.
EvilSociopath323Oct 11, 2020 6:28 AM
Oct 11, 2020 7:17 AM
Councilor

Apr 2017
Characters are very balanced considering they have supernatural abilities that have previously brought destruction upon the world.

With Nanao's absence, some students are becoming suspicious. However, not everyone is a pushover. Kyouya definitely held his ground.

Nana is already moving on to learn other students' abilities and limits.

And there goes another one. Or so we assume.
Oct 11, 2020 7:18 AM

Mar 2013
The episode 2 seems to be lacking than the 1st episode.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 11, 2020 7:21 AM

Dec 2019
This episode was definitely better since we got to see Nana's point of view. I enjoy seeing Nana think of a way to find someone's weakness and then kill them.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Oct 11, 2020 7:27 AM

Jun 2019
I enjoyed Youkei's character. Nana planning to kill another one of them.
Kyouya seems pretty cool as well.
Time travel and shiz is going on. lol
Oct 11, 2020 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
And there goes another one. Nana is scary.

Oct 11, 2020 7:42 AM
Dec 2016
Can anyone explain how Nana killed Shibusawa? Just want to make sure
Oct 11, 2020 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
shout out to Nana's Voice actor. Voicing really contrast type of voice really should make her have a hard time. And also The ED song is composed bt Element Gardens ? Thats why is so fucking good.
Oct 11, 2020 7:50 AM

Feb 2019
Among us. The anime

I interpreted the monologue by Nana at the beginning as her way of justifying her actions to offset the guilt that was setting in for killing Nakajima. But it’s kinda interesting, you’d think the government would want someone like him alive as he can neutralise talents..

Onodera is gonna be the MVP of this series I can tell. He knows something’s up with Nana and after this death, he’ll be suspecting her even more

Also great job by Nana’s seiyuu with the switching between inner monologues and the kawaii harmless side.

Another 10/10 ep. Also, Nana is kinda hot.
Marinate1016Oct 11, 2020 7:56 AM
Oct 11, 2020 7:51 AM

Feb 2019
Haris_Leonidas said:

She made sure he teleported at an angle that would have him come back under the frozen water
Oct 11, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2012
Haris_Leonidas said:

Shibusawa doesn't know how to swim.
Nana dug a hole in the frozen lake placed mud in an area on top of the icy lake and led Shibusawa to the spot.
Shibusawa traveled back in time, fell and drowned in the lake, being tired from the time travel on top of not knowing how to swim.
The lake will be frozen for the upcoming few days and his body won't be discovered any time soon.

=
Also I feel like this show tries to make nana look smart through making the others dumbasses I hope they show her intelligence in better ways
inuvivoOct 11, 2020 8:20 AM
@inuvivo on twitter!
Oct 11, 2020 7:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was sick, i will make sure to pay attention to every possible detail from now on.

Very well crafted with Shibuzawa's character portrayal so this just works.
Oct 11, 2020 8:00 AM

Sep 2019
Haris_Leonidas said:
I’m not sure but I think the ground they were standing was on top of the frozen lake which wasn’t frozen until today. He went to the past and lake wasn’t frozen. He drowned in water because he doesn’t know how to swim. That ice power guy froze the lake with his dead body which was in the lake.
Oct 11, 2020 8:03 AM
Feb 2015
How do I add Among Us as a recommendation
Oct 11, 2020 8:04 AM

Sep 2019
It was a good episode, I’m looking forward to Nana vs Kyouya.
Oct 11, 2020 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
did nana really kill two students like that..hmm

I was not expected that
Oct 11, 2020 8:05 AM
Feb 2017
damn this ep was soooooooooo good! loved it! this is definitely a surprise this season
Oct 11, 2020 8:07 AM

May 2010
Okay I'm starting to understand the process of her using the lake to kill the dude, but why was there a need to dig a hole? It's not like the hole would appear in the previous day for him to fall through it into the water.
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku

Oct 11, 2020 8:13 AM
Mar 2018
Kijdenvoot said:
Okay I'm starting to understand the process of her using the lake to kill the dude, but why was there a need to dig a hole? It's not like the hole would appear in the previous day for him to fall through it into the water.

I think she didnt dig a hole, rather she dug over the frozen lake to hide it, making it look like the ground
Oct 11, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2016
Holy shit, I know that Nana's situation is probably pitiable but I can't help but detest her. That's probably the point though, she super smart.

Poor guy, he was such a nice and genuine dude

inuvivo said:

Also I feel like this show tries to make nana look smart through making the others dumbasses I hope they show her intelligence in better ways

Agreed, she's smart but the other people have been stupid so far
Oct 11, 2020 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
Agent Nana. This is gonna be a fun ride for sure. Though I suspect that the MC from last week isn't actually dead.
Oct 11, 2020 8:49 AM

May 2018
Seeing Nana figure out the other guys' abilities and trying to formulate the best way to kill them is really fun. Will definitely be looking forward to see her future kills.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 11, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2016
Kinda feel bad for Shibusawa.

Nana is a crafty little..., but she gotta do what she gotta do, even if it's an ungrateful task.

This is solid entertaiment so far. Easy to follow and not too convoluted. The hint of edge keeps you engaged.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 11, 2020 8:57 AM
Apr 2019
How the dude died? Can someone explain ? I just understood that he was drowned in the lake when the next morning it was freezed, how Nana had a participation in his death, I didn’t get that.
Oct 11, 2020 9:03 AM

Apr 2020
Another good episode from the show. We now get to see the backstory and the objective of Nana's mission. Still curious on the government's goal but we'll wait to see. The way Nana killed the second student was kinda twisted. If they might see his body, the whole place will go crazy.

Now i'm waiting for Onodera's side of the story, he ain't just walking around here and I think he'll be Nana's hardest challenge to boot. Not as scary as the last but sure kept me on edge.
Oct 11, 2020 9:06 AM
Apr 2014
It's like watching an anime version of Agatha Christie's "And then there were none". Definitely my cup of tea.

Oct 11, 2020 9:07 AM

Feb 2020
Good episode first of all. Reminds me a lot of the Danganronpa games which I have yet to continue on the 2nd game. Isolated island, school of kids with supernatural abilities, murders, hmm... (could this be an adaptation of 2nd game lol)
NakolHira said:
How the dude died? Can someone explain ? I just understood that he was drowned in the lake when the next morning it was freezed, how Nana had a participation in his death, I didn’t get that.

Nana brought him to the pond which is in the present time, frozen, but neither could see (besides Nana knowing exactly where the pond was) due to it being dark. From what I have observed, Shibusawa returns to the past somewhat close to where Nana was in the present time (he would have to travel back in time AND land somewhere where he wouldn't be "spotted" by Nana and Nakajima but still be able to see them.)

Though unluckily, he landed in the pond which ~16 or so hours ago was not solid at all. Since he doesn't have a lot of stamina once he travels to the past, he drowned in the pond and was immediately sent back to the present time after drowning - where no one would see him dead due to the pond being frozen in the present time.
Oct 11, 2020 9:16 AM

Mar 2020
It was nice to see what Nana goes threw to kill someone. The idea of time travel was clever putting Nana in a tough spot but then again she's can't get caught that easily.

This episode was definitely a different type of episode because it came from a different point of view but all in all it was a good episode.

Wonder what character will be introduced next :)
Oct 11, 2020 9:16 AM
Mar 2019
Yes another great episode i like it and especially , although there was some plot conviniences but it was a solid overall , as a manga reader i m super satisfied with this adaptation
Oct 11, 2020 9:36 AM

Nov 2014
oh wow i didnt see that coming in that manner lol
Oct 11, 2020 9:42 AM
Jul 2018
This episode doesn’t have that same shock factor I got from the first episode, maybe because I was fully expecting it now. But it was nice to see her position and how she came to do all of this.

And man the ways she gets out of tight circumstances-

The way she killed the time travel guy was pretty smart and unique as well.
Oct 11, 2020 9:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
My first impression has nothing to do with these explanatory episode. Damn, Nana, the pink girl, was an agent from the talentless committee to contrived a conspiracy within the academy, and got rid of all that 'enemy of humanity'. Great explanations, already getting a huge image between her reason before. Its really impact me so much with that changed of view. Nana absolutely became a new MC changing Nanao that still unknown with his status (pretend him as death, ffs!)

The second plan already launched. That stupid time traveller guy, got fooled easily too. Because of his naivety against a cute girl doing a 'cute' thing. Kyouya already smelled the scheme, tho. But unfortunately no good confrontation coming from him, because he pretend to be an observer so far, such an unfortunate. His comic relieved was unnecessary too, its really not funny with all of that intensed moments. XD

To short it off, am i surprised? Not much, but its raising my attention than before. The plot was good enough to explain any details of Nana schemes there, without any gap or holes on it. Nice direction. So, the real problem was after that. Kyouya must be enough to intensified his suspicion, together with every peoples there. Two peoples already missing. Its such a shit if no one pretend nothing happened again like what happened on these second episode. Lets see how well they handled the twist, and most importantly, how Nana handle the mess. I am really curious about the next week already!

Also, the eyeglasses sensei in the op, held the important roles? He might be another government agent that spread a false rumour about the enemy of humanity that making the talented students suspect each others, later. Well, i now nothing. But thats just my one and only prediction over these decent thrilling story.
badabassOct 11, 2020 10:07 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 11, 2020 10:22 AM
Oct 2019
Munou na Nana (Talented Nana) delivered another great episode!

WOW! That intro was interesting-I am surprised that the talented lost the war, I really thought that will the different variety they surely defeat the talentless (humans). The intro also justifies why Nana is okay with killing talented kids/teens. I wonder if any of her classmates can changer her opinions of talented people if anyone it could have been Nakajima.

Moguo (impulsive and bully, giving some with such an explosive personality such explosive powers already seem like a bad idea) and Seiya (arrogant, he seem like some who would use their abilities for personal gain or just to show off) are giving talented people are bad reputation.

Not I am not sure I agree with the generalisation that all talented people are evil or bad, however, it is an interesting debate- do all the talented person deserve to die because of the action of a few?

Nana has some Sherlock Holmes, L and Light deduction skills. She is amazing at using that “cutesy”, “bubbly” persona to extract information, discover their weakness and test their own abilities against themselves. Her abilities to switch from that cute, bubbly and warm persona to that sinister and cold persona is amazing. Oscar-worthy??

I am liking this cat and mouse chase plot that they are setting up for Nana and Onodera.

The ability to time travel or to manipulate time will always be an amazing power.

It was very clever to introduce, a limitation/ flaw to their powers, not only can Nana use it against them but it can also be an explanation for her not being accurate with her mind-reading.

Nana is such an attentive person to take note of Seiya freezing the pond and that Shibusawa can’t swim and use that to kill him. Very smart. However, aren’t people going to start noticing that people are missing in wonder how Nana is going to navigate that obstacle.

I like the way the story is moving can’t wait for next week episode.
Oct 11, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2015
Time Traveler Kid: Oh no! I can't swim!
Nana: !

Time Traveler Kid: I know I just met you, and anyone could be the enemy of man kind, but let me tell you the limits of the ability.
Nana: !!!

That death flag couldn't have been raised any higher dude.
Oct 11, 2020 11:03 AM

Aug 2018
I understand how she killed him but I'm a little confused regarding how does this time travel work exactly.

if he dies in the past, does this create a new timeline where basically most of this episode did not happen at all?
Some scenes make it look like the timeline changes but the characters keep their memories of what happened before the change. However, Nana later says that her memories were altered somehow. How does she even know that?

Or..... If the current timeline continues just as it is with only him being teleported under the lake. Then the fact that Nana killed him should be obvious as the white-haired guy should remember them being together.
Oct 11, 2020 11:16 AM
Oct 2020
Please is Nakajima really dead I really liked him I was so eager to watch the second episode because of him and I could not see him
Oct 11, 2020 11:19 AM

Feb 2019
How cunning must you be to kill a time traveler? seriously that girl has a huge intellect only Billy Butcher would find her someone attractive, of course if she was over 18 years old
Oct 11, 2020 11:41 AM

Jul 2020
Wait, is the lake permanently frozen like that forever? If not, then what if "fire boy" goes to the lake and decide to unfreeze it, then what?
Oct 11, 2020 11:50 AM

May 2018
I'm conflicted about this show. I mean it's pretty good, not gonna lie, but having a villain as mc is not my cup of tea
Oct 11, 2020 11:59 AM

Jun 2020
I'm a bit conflicted about this show. The concept is interesting, but I thought it could be done better.
Oct 11, 2020 12:19 PM

Feb 2020
(Since I know from experience that manga readers like to spoil everything : I'm only looking for the show to answer my questions, not spoilers.)
So is this show simply about Nana killing people or will there actually be more ? I hope so, after all the other guy seems to serve as a rival or something but I'm still a bit worried.
Also, I didn't expect Nana to feel so comical at times. I really thought they wanted to portray her as truly threatening, and while it is still mostly the case, she also was often more funny than actually scary here, like during the whole scene with the "rival" suspecting her.
But if it is a way to provide her more characterization then I don't mind all that much, after all one of the things I am the most curious about is her real personality when she isn't in assassin mode.
This show is quite interesting considering how for now, both of Nana's victims were totally good and likable guys. I hope this potential will be explored.

Metallica_Nero said:
I understand how she killed him but I'm a little confused regarding how does this time travel work exactly.

if he dies in the past, does this create a new timeline where basically most of this episode did not happen at all?
Some scenes make it look like the timeline changes but the characters keep their memories of what happened before the change. However, Nana later says that her memories were altered somehow. How does she even know that?

Or..... If the current timeline continues just as it is with only him being teleported under the lake. Then the fact that Nana killed him should be obvious as the white-haired guy should remember them being together.

I have been wondering the exact same thing. But I think we shouldn't question that too much, the show probably doesn't have the answer itself, that's the whole issue with time travel in fiction
FafetteOct 11, 2020 1:21 PM
Oct 11, 2020 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
I thought maybe nanao would come back but i guess hes dead and gone for good after one episode RIP

Oct 11, 2020 12:35 PM

Mar 2020
I saw a lot of people hating on Nana, but really? She's just exterminating people that could kill hundreds of millions
汝臣民ノ信仰心ニヨリ、生キ返リマシタ。明治天皇デアリマス。
Oct 11, 2020 12:46 PM

May 2018
Oh, so the plot of this anime is simply something taken from the X-men where mutants were feared and the gov't tries to put them on a leash, but here them mutants started to abuse their powers and them so called "Talented" were also mutants whom were drafted tp fight off these mutants , but instead they themselves made things much worse than before, but in the end them ordinary humans won.

So, I'm guessing that island where those so called talents where kept were put there not only to be isolated but to be killed off one by one......and I'm also guessing that teacher with glasses and Nana were tasked to do that.

Btw did anybody notices Nana's left eye twitching where Moguo asked her about Nanao????

Kyoya caressing Nana's hair, could it be that he knows something about Nana and just testing the waters as to how she'll react????Or was he just using Nana's own game on her???
JiangHaoyi1979Oct 11, 2020 1:00 PM
Oct 11, 2020 12:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not really interesting, everything is predictable
Oct 11, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2020
I like this show, but the with the predictability and cliches are making it hard to like it. Also I'm surprised this show is going with the murderer as the main character.

Also I'm still trying to figure out who the good guys are. Like the kids are still naive and innocent, not doing anything wrong (yet), but Nana is just a downright murderer.
Oct 11, 2020 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
Pink is sus! Among us jokes aside, that was some serious mind games Nana is pulling. Poor Shibusawa had no idea what was coming his way.. Becoming trapped under that frozen lake/river, nicely planned from Nana but unfortunately that won't dispose the body yet. Really curious to see what will happen when the lake/river has defrosted.

Marinate1016 said:
Among us. The anime

Honestly, the series has such a great timing with Among us still so fresh in our heads, that we can't help but make comparisons to the game. I do love that aspect of the Anime though. Nana trying to clear her name by killing more and more students.

inuvivo said:

Once Nana has to directly face Kyouya, we might get to see some amazing mind games between the two of them, to see who really is the smart one. Atleast that's the kind of impression I get from Kyouya.
Oct 11, 2020 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
I've spoiled myself of all the shit that is going to happen, and if that's true, then I'm not going to like anything that this anime will be. It looks like the characters are half idiots for not trying to verify if she can read their minds, she didn't even use the talent in this episode and in fact she said that she doesn't have it in front of the time guy and he didn't listen her or something.

Quick note: After playing a lot of Among Us, if this Kyouya guy doesn't suspect of Nana in the next episode after 2 students that she was with the last days dissapear then this would be a fuckin shit.

Then the time guy can't go to his own time if he is in water? or what?
Anyways, I won't post the spoilers since it's all a pretty big shit, will watch till the end just to confirm them, but it will get probably a 2 at most this whole anime.

Also, you guys remember Juuni Taisen where the ending literally spoiled who was going to die in which order?, well, this anime is as predictable as that, this fucker, Nana gets interested in a character and in the same episode the character dies, easy as that. Enjoy this anime cause I won't.
AlvaritoterreosOct 11, 2020 2:26 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.