Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 9, 2020 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kaburagi's got guts for trying to take care of business by himself.

Meanwhile, Natsume is still dealing with the shocking revelation of Deca-Dence. Kinda sad seeing the 'dead' status when Kaburagi was reviewing his data report. Natsume looks kinda broken this episode she needs all the support she can get. At least she found someone that seems to understand her.
Sep 9, 2020 8:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not surprising that Natsume has a hard time accepting the truth, but damn that end of episode was really interesting, looks like it's really the climax of the show
Sep 9, 2020 8:08 AM
Oct 2016
A mostly reflective episode after Natsume had her mind shattered with the truth last week. Lots of celebrating and congratulations going around inside the actual Deca Dence as the gears and tankers revel in the Gadoll being gone. Natsume has to struggle with a lot this episode. Her entire world is a lie and she can't tell anyone or talk to anyone about it really. She feels betrayed by Kaburagi since he's technically been lying to her this whole time. Even if he did it to protect her from the truth it still hurts to be lied to by people you think you can trust. Also learning the truth about why her dad died all those years ago. I loved how the writers tied everything back in with this episode and Natsume learning the truth.

The words that she heard from Kurenai were so on point! The things you experience are yours, no one else's! Doesn't matter their opinion about what you've seen and felt. It's yours, your experiences are your own no matter what. don't let others who haven't been through what you have dictate how you view those experiences. I'll admit that I did get a little emotional when Kaburagi came back to his place and Pipe was actually gone. I loved that little guy so much it hurts my heart that he's gone. Now though we've got two very big problems. Natsume is in immediate danger after Hugin took out Kaburagi avatar, and that gigantic Gadoll the last of its kind is heading right for the Deca Dence! The last couple episodes are gonna be intense
Sep 9, 2020 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
Seeing your entire world. Everything you wanted to be and do, what you wanted to achieve. All been a massive lie. Gotta hurt. Really feel for her.

Last two episodes looking hype as fuck.
Sep 9, 2020 8:32 AM
Feb 2011
This is what I'm having a hard time understanding: Deca-dence is a game the cyborgs have to log into, so why is there a Gadoll out in the open of the cyborg world? The Gadoll was apparently feeding on avatars inside the game and has grown exponentially since and has been conveniently transported to the hideout.

Are the game and cyborg world integrating? Or is this how it's always been?

Natsume still isn't a strong, independent character, which holds this anime back from being likable in my opinion. The fact she's a bug I feel should give her more advantages apart from being untraceable. Hopefully, she pulls through with an ability we have seen before that goes above and beyond game protocol.
Sep 9, 2020 8:45 AM

Aug 2013
Natsume had a hard time accepting the truth. Poor girl.

That ending tho. It got my attention.

Sep 9, 2020 8:48 AM

Feb 2019
Feel so bad for natsume. Her whole world and everything she’s worked for has been turned upside down. I wonder how she’ll escape the situation she’s in rn with Kabu’s avi being out of commission for the moment.

As for the final 3 episodes, I think we’ll have the humans teaming up with the cyborgs and gears.

Great ep as usual. But what the fuck was that CGI at the end there???
Sep 9, 2020 9:04 AM

Feb 2013
Marinate1016 said:
Feel so bad for natsume. Her whole world and everything she’s worked for has been turned upside down. I wonder how she’ll escape the situation she’s in rn with Kabu’s avi being out of commission for the moment.

As for the final 3 episodes, I think we’ll have the humans teaming up with the cyborgs and gears.

Great ep as usual. But what the fuck was that CGI at the end there???
Isnt there only two episodes left?
Sep 9, 2020 9:10 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is a low-key recap.
Sep 9, 2020 9:13 AM
Jun 2019
ShibitoMatuzaka said:
This is what I'm having a hard time understanding: Deca-dence is a game the cyborgs have to log into, so why is there a Gadoll out in the open of the cyborg world? The Gadoll was apparently feeding on avatars inside the game and has grown exponentially since and has been conveniently transported to the hideout.

Think of the avatars as drones. It's all one world, it's just since the humans are not allowed to know how the world works their kept separate from the cyborg society. The cyborgs control the avatars like you would a drone to attack another country without being their yourself, with the other country being the gadoll in this case.
Sep 9, 2020 9:17 AM

Feb 2020
Just like we had world building in previous episodes, definitely today we had a character development really strong (but also cruel) for Natsume... the way she has to face lots of thigns at the same time...

This series is making pretty good things, and step by step, is becoming in the "great" series... just awaiting for the last 3 episodes!!
Sep 9, 2020 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
Omg the ride never ends. So good this week as well.
The drama was perfectly done, and holy fuck Kaburagi’s avatar completely died. Hopefully Natsume will be okay

And the definitely took inspo from Alien for that last Gadoll. Can’t wait for next week’s episode

phantomfandom said:

That’s called characterization, it wasn’t a recap lmao
Sep 9, 2020 9:25 AM
Aug 2020
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kaburagi's got guts for trying to take care of business by himself.

Meanwhile, Natsume is still dealing with the shocking revelation of Deca-Dence. Kinda sad seeing the 'dead' status when Kaburagi was reviewing his data report. Natsume looks kinda broken this episode she needs all the support she can get. At least she found someone that seems to understand her.
ummm pretty sure this is an anime original
SnK/AoT is a masterpiece fuck you fight me

Sep 9, 2020 9:26 AM

Jul 2020
So if anyone didn't notice, I think that monster Gadoll at the end was the same Gadoll that first attacked that green gear dude in the side of the belly, I believe. But yeah, R.I.P Pipe...
Sep 9, 2020 9:28 AM
Aug 2020
phantomfandom said:
it was done to clear motivations of the char to viewers.
SnK/AoT is a masterpiece fuck you fight me

Sep 9, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
Too many cliches, Natsume starts hating Kabu after learning the truth but calms down and everythings okay. Gosh this shit is so old.

Also I shouldn't have asked in last episode that what's gonna happen now that Gadolls are gone, ofc we get the other cliche that the villains are still alive even after destroying them.

Meh whatever, I really liked last few episodes but this episode was a let down.
Sep 9, 2020 9:46 AM

Jan 2010
why are some folks saying there are 3 more episodes????? MAL and Anichart list 12 eps
Sep 9, 2020 9:57 AM
Sep 2014
MegamiRem said:
Too many cliches, Natsume starts hating Kabu after learning the truth but calms down and everythings okay. Gosh this shit is so old.

Also I shouldn't have asked in last episode that what's gonna happen now that Gadolls are gone, ofc we get the other cliche that the villains are still alive even after destroying them.

then humans are cliche:) because that felt genuinely human to me
Sep 9, 2020 10:13 AM

Jun 2020
Natsume's reaction to probably the biggest plot twist in her life was underwhelming, but otherwise this really is peak Deca-Dence
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 9, 2020 10:14 AM

Jun 2020
NewYearSameMe said:
So if anyone didn't notice, I think that monster Gadoll at the end was the same Gadoll that first attacked that green gear dude in the side of the belly, I believe. But yeah, R.I.P Pipe...

And that was the same gadoll he kicked aside earlier in the episode right? Right?
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 9, 2020 10:22 AM

Jul 2019
Chickengirl said:
why are some folks saying there are 3 more episodes????? MAL and Anichart list 12 eps
On ann its 13, i guess no one really knows how many episodes there are, just that its a "1 cour".

MegamiRem said:

Uhmmm i guess it was pretty predictable but still, if she werent mad at kabu at all it would have been somewhat less cliche, but it wouldnt make sense at all with the how the characters should act. I did think that the gadoll at the end to be random tho, not cliche, because it isnt, but because its obviusly done to make somewhat unnecessary tension for kabu and make him lose time to save natsume in the process, making even more tension when there is already so much of it that it just becames unnecessary and out of the blue
Sep 9, 2020 10:44 AM

Jul 2017
Of course, given everything so far, Natsume would not just simply believe a man-made world of the Solid Quake cyborg land, everything is a convoluted mess to her. While it's simple to just believe the concept of a world created to just attack and defend against man-made monsters, that's just the tip of the iceberg for Deca-Dence so far.

Remember Hugin's sentence of: "The world must be rid of bugs?" The difference between humans and "manufactured" people like Kaburagi and the Gadoll, it's easy to just write it off to your own perception, that's why Kaburagi with Natsume's trust of his valour, turned his mindset over to "The world needsbugs." (albeit to consequence of going against the System, the drawbacks are clear).

What can a mere human like Natsume do to:
- Know the truth behind her father's death (like parent like child being bugs),
- Know how the Solid Quake world functions,
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, change the minds of the "manufactured" people?
In the end, it's her own decision to make things happen, using her experience to gain. Kaburagi's regret and his actions right from the beginning were all his own mindset to conform, but through change he did via Natsume, and the trust that's held.

SHIT...Hugin has found Natsume and killed off his avatar...but to make matters worse...the Gadoll that was tortured and thrown aside by the green-hair guy, became a full-on CGI monster.

The plot twists just can't stop coming.
Sep 9, 2020 10:57 AM

Sep 2019
im VERY excited to see kabu show up to do whatever in cyborg form pls give me this

Sep 9, 2020 10:59 AM
Feb 2011
Kroko23 said:
ShibitoMatuzaka said:

Think of the avatars as drones. It's all one world, it's just since the humans are not allowed to know how the world works their kept separate from the cyborg society. The cyborgs control the avatars like you would a drone to attack another country without being their yourself, with the other country being the gadoll in this case.

Thanks for that. So, what happened to all the Gadoll that appeared after they defeated the "Boss" that was suppose to change everything?
Sep 9, 2020 11:07 AM
Feb 2011
MegamiRem said:

We finally get an original anime and the character tropes/development is cliched to death. Go figure
Sep 9, 2020 11:25 AM

Jun 2016
kiwixcoke said:
spectrojan said:

And that was the same gadoll he kicked aside earlier in the episode right? Right?

yeah, when the guy kicked the Gadoll on the floor that same Gadoll is what killed everyone else.
Technically no, it's more of an offspring if anything. At the very least it shouldn't have any of its memories. Still the leader of the factory not knowing what the thing he bioengineered is capable of doing is questionable at the very least.
Sep 9, 2020 11:33 AM

Jul 2015
phantomfandom said:

not gonna lie.. kinda agree..
I mean 30% of the ep was flashbacks and thats not "characterization" thats a straight up filler.. and they did this TWICE..
but all in all.. a pretty good ep.. RIP Pipe tho..
Sep 9, 2020 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
So Pipe did die? Unexpected.
Natsume realizing the truth was traumatizing as expected.
Only Kurenai is capable of saving Natsume from death at this point i think...OR, maybe Pipe will surprise us?
What else remains in the story? Humans are still slaves of the system - meaning they will die if the find out the truth - so, after the last Gadol is defeated, that will be the only obstacle remaining, apart from all the cyborgs who want to kill bugs...
Sep 9, 2020 12:22 PM
Mar 2020
Spiralore said:

then humans are cliche:) because that felt genuinely human to me

Amen to that.
Wonder if Natsume is gonna end up meeting any cyborgs in their true form. Would be kinda weird with the artsytles but the reaction should be interesting.
Sep 9, 2020 12:23 PM
Aug 2013
ShibitoMatuzaka said:

Thanks for that. So, what happened to all the Gadoll that appeared after they defeated the "Boss" that was suppose to change everything?

They all died aswell, the GGS killed every singel Gadoll on the world that was living at the moment of its activation.
Sep 9, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
OMG wth can that seahorse not do that rn plz 😨
Man, I had some hope that Pipe would be alive after seeing the seahorse still hanging on
And course Hugin just has to interrupt right when they make up T-T
Hope Kaburagi's avatar can be fixed somehow (cause that's one fine avatar ahah 😂😭)
Freakin Hugin better not hurt Natsume
Aghh waiting for the next episode is helllll going crazy here
NinjinAiSep 9, 2020 2:02 PM
Sep 9, 2020 12:37 PM

Jun 2015
I feel I have a little more of a handle of whats going on again this week understanding the relationships between the different groups. This is a wild story, but its well told and the characters are awesome.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 9, 2020 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
damn Natusme is gonna get captured to lure out cyborg Kaburagi im sure

and that last Gadoll is gonna wreck havoc eh

RIP Pipe or he is actually still alive?

more screen time for Kurenai please
Sep 9, 2020 12:50 PM

Dec 2016
So, Natsume just got a shock and got over it pretty quickly, that's so like her.

I wonder what's with that huge Gadol, the one who bit that guy seemed to me to be the same kind as Pipe. Is the system not aware of this kind of Gadol...

Ended in a cliffhanger, how will Kaburagi save Natsume now. Since his avatar is dead and can't log in, I guess someone else will save Natsume.
Sep 9, 2020 1:05 PM
Apr 2019
The last monster's design looked like a nightmare ! Felt like an improved godzilla !
I think it's a bug as well .
NakolHiraSep 9, 2020 1:09 PM
Sep 9, 2020 1:08 PM

May 2020
Good episode overall again, the second half has really improved the series, the last two eps are gonna be a real hype.
That little gadoll when it first appeared I thought to myself " this thing is gonna stay alive, grow and come back to wreck everything", seems like I was correct by the first assumption. Interested how the cyborgs are gonna deal with the situation.
Also, Natsume looks like she's in real trouble again, I don't know how she's gonna espace from there, also interested hows that gonna turn out, one of the last episodes must end with the humans meeting the cyborgs, so that's when Natsume is probably be 100%safe and the humans finally free.
Only two episodes left lads.
Sep 9, 2020 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
Rickydory123 said:
Ended in a cliffhanger, how will Kaburagi save Natsume now. Since his avatar is dead and can't log in, I guess someone else will save Natsume.

Only Minato is in the position to do so but I doubt Hugin is going to kill her right of the bat. From his perspective it would make more sense to use her as bait for Kaburagi.
Sep 9, 2020 1:13 PM
Sep 2014
Rickydory123 said:
So, Natsume just got a shock and got over it pretty quickly, that's so like her.

I wonder what's with that huge Gadol, the one who bit that guy seemed to me to be the same kind as Pipe. Is the system not aware of this kind of Gadol...

would be nice seeing Natsume save herself. maybe with her bionic arm?... and than they all use the boss's power\the crow itself to overthrow the system
Sep 9, 2020 1:16 PM

Jul 2020
Natsume reaction to the whole truth about the world was a bit underwhelming but other than that the episode was great.
Natsume repeating Kaburagi's line “you'll be all right” was pretty accurate and hilarious. xD
I wasn't expecting Kaburagi to get killed at that precise moment, now I'm curious if Natsume will see Kaburagi true (cyborg)body.

One Gadoll survived by injecting some sort of seeds into a humanoid body. That gave me some horror related vibes, Oh I like it.

Rip Pipe
Sep 9, 2020 1:40 PM
Jul 2019
Too bad for Natsume, after learning the truth, she simply can't handle it.....

So, the destruction of the Gadoll factory is done but not all done since humans weren't still allowed to know the truth about the world they live in.....

Well Kaburagi palns to end that deca Dence for good, but with that new Gadoll that is sucking up blood from the dead , looks will do it for him
Sep 9, 2020 2:04 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah as expected, Natsume had it rough accepting the truth about the manufactured world. Can't blame her. (I mean, I had a hard time accepting the EP 2 twist, yet here I still am anyway)

Speaking about twists, they don't stop coming. Wasn't so surprising to see Hugin catch up on Kaburagi, but damn that was brutal killing him in front of Natsume, the poor girl.

Also the small gadoll that got back to life by inserting something into that cyborg's avatar grew up to be quite the gadoll is a very short time. Like how many humans did it eat to grow that quickly...
Sep 9, 2020 2:35 PM
Jul 2011
I didn't expect that Pokemon to turn like that.
Sep 9, 2020 3:03 PM

Jan 2018
Deca-dence never disappoints. We got 2 cliffhangers in a single episode.

Also, the character development of Natsume was fulfilled in this one. She's really a likable character imo. Anyway, the killing of Kaburagi's avatar and the impending doom for Natsume by Hugin awaits. Meanwhile, we got to see the Gadoll that survived is also near Kaburagi and the gang.

Dang it, next week please.
Sep 9, 2020 3:39 PM
Jul 2020
rest in piece window. You were very loved by many. Natsume is now a 3/10 due to her hurting you.

They did not just kill off pipe like it was nothing. wtf.

AHH THE END WAS SO GOOD OMG

T w o m o r e e p i s o d e s , i h o p e t h e r e w i l l b e a s e a s o n t w o o o o o o o o
AryaleSep 9, 2020 3:54 PM
Sep 9, 2020 3:45 PM

Dec 2016
Epic Cliffhangers: The Anime
heh.
Sep 9, 2020 4:37 PM
Nov 2018
Ah, Kaburagi killed her dad, didn't he?
Sep 9, 2020 5:20 PM
Apr 2018
Hmm, to me it looks like the new Gadoll is a mutated version that like to drink Cyborg/Gears blood...

It'd be fun if it only attacks the cyborgs and leaves the humans alone.. Then the Gears/cyborgs will NEED the help of the humans to survive.
Sep 9, 2020 5:34 PM
Mar 2019
can't believe we just let that purple bitch punch a hole through kaburagi's avatar.

can't wait for the next episode. i feel like it's gonna be that one action sequence from the OP, with real kaburagi flying around. hoping the tankers get into action and maybe one last punch from the deca-dence itself(?)
Sep 9, 2020 5:36 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I’m not a very big fan of the how the cgi looked but oh well

Sep 9, 2020 5:42 PM

Aug 2019
aight that was interesting, Kaburagi breaking the ice for Natsume finally and the truth is spilled to her. The shut down (or more or less complete destruction) of the Gadoll factory has seemed to also kill every other Gadoll in the world, interested to see where that leads. Hugin ain't giving up yet lmao, he's fucking willing to track any bugs to the ends of the earth i swear.

The gang did it, an extremely chaotic prison break out of a literal shit processing facility, along with a clean get away to freedom. But can't forget my man Sark, guy took the biggest one for the team ;-;

Interesting character info as well, so Natsume's father was extremely close to uncovering the whole "cyborg game system, were everything is manufactured" but the system saw it and deleted him?

Yeh so now we have this world's version of bloody cthulhu enter the scene good god. Doubt a punch from Deca-Dence is gonna keep that thing down.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

242 by AgentDuck »»
Sep 6, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

140 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 13, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.