Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 27, 2020 12:13 AM

Feb 2017
New preview and visual just released. April release date.

It doesn't look that bad honestly. CG is not like 2 fps for once and it moves smooth.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2020 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
Be positive.community
Jan 27, 2020 3:52 AM

Sep 2017
Yes but actually no, still absolutely not convinced at all

Jan 27, 2020 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
It looks awful.

Male characters look somehow fine, but who the hell approved of this Motoko Kusanagi design? Made her look like a f-cking sex doll, not a soldier.

Shame on you, Ilya.
Jan 27, 2020 4:12 AM

Feb 2015
Not only does it look considerably worse that SAC which is years old it would barely pass for a PS2 game cut scene. What the hell were they thinking? It looks awful
Jan 27, 2020 4:38 AM

Oct 2013
It looks great, made by the same team as Ultraman last year so that was to be expected. Go away CGhaters.
Jan 27, 2020 6:52 AM

Apr 2008
Still looks like trash. This is what happens when Netflix gets its hands on anime and they are so out of touch with the fanbase. For a company with so much money they sure are cheap as hell. Very sad.
Jan 27, 2020 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
At least it seems all the older characters back and did not got replaced so all ok if not great especially Matoko's design could had been more fitting.

The composer changed too which may end up big deal to many people.
Jan 27, 2020 7:47 AM
Oct 2012
ysphyr said:
Made her look like a f-cking sex doll, not a soldier.

Wasn't that always the case?
Jan 27, 2020 8:12 AM
Jul 2018

Yang_Wenli said:
ysphyr said:
Made her look like a f-cking sex doll, not a soldier.

She was always a bit sexualized, but at least she looked quite intimidating in the past, you could actually tell she’s a military officer and a squad leader.

Even when she was wearing revealing outfits, she still looked decent. All I see now is some random cutesy girl, not a Major. Ilya’s character design for her is just vile. I’m happy he’s finally making his way into industry, but maybe he should’ve just stick to drawing moe girls as he always did.
Jan 27, 2020 9:10 AM
Jan 2017
This GITS trailer looks kind of eh. I am still not convinced at all. While I think the lightning is fixed which I think wasn't there and Major's design looks okay , but why there is stark contrast in quality of the faces between her and other members of Section 9. Just look at Ishikawa , Batou , Borma, Pazu or Saito. Borma & Pazu looks like FUCKIN' ASS. The musical choice is really off as well. The earlier trailers had tracks ranging from strong hype with guitars and electrical mixed to ethereal soundtrack, giving certain scenes equal hype and also certain scenes a very immersive and a bit of a surreal feel to it. This one have a more jazzy track to it, and I don't think it meshes at all well with what the series is and it goes. And besides that, it gives a bit more of a Hollywood feel ? SAC might have complicated technology but it's social ,political problems and aesthetic are deep rooted in realism (or regarding to the cyborgs designed in a way that they feel realistic in time). Which is what makes it great.

This one has set-pieces like a guy walking through a corridor of armed soldiers shooting at them , with the soldiers can't be able do anything. White bearded guys. Guys with black hoody jackets and tattoos that so obviously look like villain (atleast that's what the trailer gives the impression of). All this kind of things feels like it's way more pandering to the western audience who aren't familiar with GITS. Idk. I might be wrong. But that's I get from it. Also, I don't like how the trailer footage is structured with action sequences.
Jan 27, 2020 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
LMAO, I like ho
dc22 said:
It looks great, made by the same team as Ultraman last year so that was to be expected. Go away CGhaters.

LMAO, I like how you always manage to unpopular opinions
Jan 27, 2020 10:35 AM
Oct 2012
ysphyr said:

Yang_Wenli said:

She was always a bit sexualized, but at least she looked quite intimidating in the past, you could actually tell she’s a military officer and a squad leader.

Even when she was wearing revealing outfits, she still looked decent. All I see now is some random cutesy girl, not a Major. Ilya’s character design for her is just vile. I’m happy he’s finally making his way into industry, but maybe he should’ve just stick to drawing moe girls as he always did.

No, I mean the body model/shell she is using was that of an sex doll, which is why your post seemed ironic to me.
Jan 27, 2020 10:39 AM

Mar 2018
Still hold the same opinion. It's not that bad, quite easily acceptable. I'm more worried about the writing.
poop
Jan 27, 2020 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Yang_Wenli said:
ysphyr said:

No, I mean the body model/shell she is using was that of an sex doll, which is why your post seemed ironic to me.

You clearly need to rewatch GITS. She has a body of a military cyborg, not a sex doll.
Jan 27, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 2017
It looks ugly to me. Guess ill remove it from PTW list.
Jan 27, 2020 9:25 PM

Oct 2010
I have berserk 2016 flashbacks, my poor self will watch it but I am transfixed, it looks awful. Just look at togusa. Maybe I should watch this while drunk.
Jan 28, 2020 6:53 AM
Oct 2012
ysphyr said:
Yang_Wenli said:

You clearly need to rewatch GITS. She has a body of a military cyborg, not a sex doll.

I could be remembering it wrong but I thought she had a modified sex doll model in SAC and manga.
Jan 28, 2020 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Yang_Wenli said:
ysphyr said:

I could be remembering it wrong but I thought she had a modified sex doll model in SAC and manga.

I haven't read the manga, but there's nothing like that in the anime. She did in fact posed as Aramaki's sex doll once to get the evidence, but that's the closest it can get.
I also googled your claim and couldn't find any proof this statement is canon. Well, actually there was one article (unexpectedly in a feminist web journal) that mentioned this but it was based on the assumption that Motoko expressed solidarity with the android Geri (where tf have they seen it is beyond my understanding) therefore she's a sex doll herself. Also, no proof was given.

Maybe you know the exact manga chapter I can find the info on it? Or an interview with the creator? I'd be really grateful!
Jan 28, 2020 7:48 AM

Nov 2015
looks fine, whats the story....
Jan 28, 2020 7:58 AM

Jan 2009
it looks great but meh im gonna skip this one since its not a reboot that i wanted
Jan 29, 2020 11:37 PM

Jun 2010
Jesus, how to kill a franchise 101. Berserk 2016 had better animation than that and no Yoko Kanno??? DOA
Jan 30, 2020 6:25 AM

Oct 2013
CG does indeed look better, but I'm still not enthusiastic about it. Not to mention no Yoko Kanno. :/

I'll still watch it, of course, because it's GitS, but I have a feeling that it won't be AOTY.
Jan 30, 2020 12:20 PM

Feb 2008
Berserk had better animation. What?

I was surprised to see how disliked the trailer was. The animation looks good. The style is quite video gamey sure, but it's nothing like the stiff and clunky motion the worst offenders of CGI anime have shown before. Not a fan of that music choice in the trailer, but this looks promising.

Liking how the original cast is back voicing their characters too
Jan 30, 2020 12:43 PM

Nov 2016
I also prefer the style from the former SAC series, but I would be able to look past the CG design if the quality of storytelling is going to be as good as before.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2020 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
I find the cg in OG SAC more appealing than this. At least it's not as bad as 2.0. The one thing I'm excited about is them bringing back the old cast and some of original SAC crew
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 2, 2020 1:55 PM

Dec 2019
I still think this cgi looks awful but many of the same people from SAC are involved in this so perhaps the writing will still hold up
Feb 13, 2020 4:06 AM

Feb 2017
Ending theme is titled "sustain ++;" and will be performed by mili

Feb 13, 2020 10:19 AM
Feb 2020
Tsarko said:
New preview and visual just released. April release date.

It doesn't look that bad honestly. CG is not like 2 fps for once and it moves smooth.

not getting on the hate train for this. yeha its cgi. is it really that bad? no it isnt. people have no problem with cgi in pixar movies but when anime goes cgi everyone flips. yeha i wanted 2d. but its better then nothing. im willing to give this a chance
Feb 17, 2020 2:27 AM

Oct 2010
Apparently it won't even be about Section 9 cases but just them going round in west america acting like merceneries. Section 9 is disbanded or whatever. So the whole premise of gits is thrown down the window. Masterpiece idea indeed
Feb 22, 2020 11:23 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly, the animation doesn't look that bad. I'm rather more concerned with how the soundtrack will turn out to be. The music in this trailer is almost offensive.
Feb 26, 2020 3:54 PM

Mar 2010
What in gods name.. let the bastardization of great anime continue.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 27, 2020 3:36 PM

Apr 2019
ysphyr said:
Yang_Wenli said:

I'm afraid your wishful thinking retrofits her character design, which is sex doll with a gun. Her original creator https://myanimelist.net/people/2609/Masamune_Shirow did plenty of hentai work and hypersexualized females over the years. She is no exception, even when later iterations of the francise may have toned that down bit by bit. Need examples? Here you go (NSFW) ... https://lacomics.org/masamune-shirow-decensored-pics-collection/

Feb 27, 2020 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
inim said:
ysphyr said:

I'm afraid your wishful thinking retrofits her character design, which is sex doll with a gun. Her original creator https://myanimelist.net/people/2609/Masamune_Shirow did plenty of hentai work and hypersexualized females over the years. She is no exception, even when later iterations of the francise may have toned that down bit by bit. Need examples? Here you go (NSFW) ... https://lacomics.org/masamune-shirow-decensored-pics-collection/

How does that prove anything? I do both hentai and regular manga - that doesn’t mean all of my characters should be held to the same standard. Even if the male character in my regular works is sexualized in some way - he is not the same f-cktoy I portray in hentai.
I am actually ready to admit I am wrong about Motoko, if there is a proof she has a body of a manufactured sex doll in any canon sources - manga/anime/interview with the creator. In all other cases that’s just empty assumptions and wishful thinking on your side.
Feb 27, 2020 8:03 PM

Apr 2019
ysphyr said:
inim said:

How does that prove anything? I do both hentai and regular manga - that doesn’t mean all of my characters should be held to the same standard. Even if the male character in my regular works is sexualized in some way - he is not the same f-cktoy I portray in hentai.
I am actually ready to admit I am wrong about Motoko, if there is a proof she has a body of a manufactured sex doll in any canon sources - manga/anime/interview with the creator. In all other cases that’s just empty assumptions and wishful thinking on your side.

Questions? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(manga)#Censorship

GitS never was military Sci-Fi, it was created at the height of the Cyberpunk wave of the late 80s early 90s (first part of the manga released in 1989). It's called cyberpunk because it is raw and dirty. This is not Starship Troopers, you know. Classic anime cyberpunk has a lot of sexualized cyborg heroines. Think Rune Balot, Gally, Naomi Armitage and, yes, Motoko Kusanagi. I care too little to "prove" anything, and you can hold any view on it you like. But in my parsing of cyberpunk and GitS history, her character was de-sexualized over time, not the opposite.

Feb 27, 2020 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
inim said:
ysphyr said:

GitS never was military Sci-Fi, it was created at the height of the Cyberpunk wave of the late 80s early 90s (first part of the manga released in 1989). It's called cyberpunk because it is raw and dirty. This is not Starship Troopers, you know. Classic anime cyberpunk has a lot of sexualized cyborg heroines. Think Rune Balot, Gally, Naomi Armitage and, yes, Motoko Kusanagi. I care too little to "prove" anything, and you can hold any view on it you like. But in my parsing of cyberpunk and GitS history, her character was de-sexualized over time, not the opposite.

You care too little, yet you wrote all this nonsense just not to admit you are the one in the wrong here.
Feb 27, 2020 8:18 PM

Apr 2019
ysphyr said:
inim said:

You care too little, yet you wrote all this nonsense just not to admit you are the one in the wrong here.

EDIT: To comply with forum guidelines for NSFW image posting, I replaced the IMG with an URL and asked @ysphyr to do the same in her quote.
inimFeb 27, 2020 8:33 PM

Feb 27, 2020 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
inim said:
ysphyr said:

Motoko Kusanagi is the redhead spreading. Original manga panel from the 1989 release.

How does that prove she has a body of a sex doll and not of a military cyborg? Or cyborgs are asexual and can’t bang?

This still looks better and less offensive than Ilya’s design btw.
removed-userFeb 27, 2020 8:32 PM
Feb 27, 2020 8:38 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I have to give them props for the fluid CG, but man, those models lack any semblance of detail; Bato's face in particular looks horrible. Actually, Togusa and Motoko don't look too bad... maybe some scenes are from further into production.
Don't dislike CG or anything, but I always imagine a hypothetical new season of GITS with the quality of SAC, a modern polish, and of course, Yoko Kanno's music.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 27, 2020 8:41 PM

Apr 2019
ysphyr said:
inim said:

Motoko Kusanagi is the redhead spreading. Original manga panel from the 1989 release.
How does that prove she has a body of a sex doll and not of a military cyborg? Or cyborgs are asexual and can’t bang? This still looks better and less offensive than Ilya’s design btw.
Neither "sex doll" nor "military cyborg" are objective terms, leave alone attached by the creator. It's just words, and like I said I couldn't care less about which one you use. The subject of "The Major's Body", her sexualization during the 30 years of the francise, praise and criticism are well covered in a series of essays. If you care more than I do, you may be interested having a look at https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2014/07/ghost-in-the-shell-the-majors-body-1/

Feb 27, 2020 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
inim said:
ysphyr said:
How does that prove she has a body of a sex doll and not of a military cyborg? Or cyborgs are asexual and can’t bang? This still looks better and less offensive than Ilya’s design btw.
Neither "sex doll" nor "military cyborg" are objective terms, leave alone attached by the creator. It's just words, and like I said I couldn't care less about which one you use. The subject of "The Major's Body", her sexualization during the 30 years of the francise, praise and criticism are well covered in a series of essays. If you care more than I do, you may be interested having a look at https://womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2014/07/ghost-in-the-shell-the-majors-body-1/

Ok, I’ll admit I’m partially wrong. But that’s it. Thanks for linking the article, I’ll read it later.

Btw I keep thinking about this sex scene - was that a cyber sex or a regular physical sex? I’m a bit confused
Feb 28, 2020 4:12 AM

Apr 2019
ysphyr said:
Btw I keep thinking about this sex scene - was that a cyber sex or a regular physical sex? I’m a bit confused
Real sex. According to the author, it's meant to show how close to human she is. A similar method is used in Tsukimonogatari, where Koyomi Araragi harasses Yotsugi Ononoki (an artificial, emotionless human) heavy handedly, until she verbalizes that she feels shame. That's also interpreted by some in a way that it shows how an artificial human develops emotions. Not sure sex is the best way to show somebody develops human emotion, but we are still in anime and manga where the gropes are green and girls are pretty ...

The whole subject is dealt with in greater detail and with more examples (from the manga) in the essays's last few chapters. The manga over long passages is deep into the "sexy android" fetish. That sex scene is just the tip of the ice berg. I somewhere read the creator at some point quit creating regular manga and went full hentai. Which isn't good or bad, just pointing where his priorities are. I PTW Dominion (the OVA he was working on directly before GitS) and a hentai he created (W-Tails Cat: A Strange Presence). W-Tail Cats is interesting because it's CG and using designs very similar to the tachikoma. I've seen Black Magic M-66 already, and that's pretty tame by his standards.
inimFeb 28, 2020 5:07 AM

Feb 28, 2020 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
inim said:
ysphyr said:
Real sex. According to the author, it's meant to show how close to human she is. A similar method is used in Tsukimonogatari, where Koyomi Araragi harasses Yotsugi Ononoki (an artificial, emotionless human) heavy handedly, until she verbalizes that she feels shame. That's also interpreted by some in a way that it shows how an artificial human develops emotions. Not sure sex is the best way to show somebody develops human emotion, but we are still in anime and manga where the gropes are green and girls are pretty ...

The whole subject is dealt with in greater detail and with more examples (from the manga) in the essays's last few chapters. The manga over long passages is deep into the "sexy android" fetish. That sex scene is just the tip of the ice berg. I somewhere read the creator at some point quit creating regular manga and went full hentai. Which isn't good or bad, just pointing where his priorities are. I PTW Dominion (the OVA he was working on directly before GitS) and a hentai he created (W-Tails Cat: A Strange Presence). I've seen Black Magic M-66 already, and that's pretty tame by his standards.

I’ll check everything you mentioned as I’m starting to get interested in Shirow’s way of thinking. Thank you!

I just found this scene a bit weird because she’s suppose to have an artificial body, yet her pussy is dripping. I mean... do cyborgs get wet? Haha, never thought I’ll ask this question
Feb 28, 2020 5:43 AM

Apr 2019
ysphyr said:
inim said:
Real sex. According to the author, it's meant to show how close to human she is.
I’ll check everything you mentioned as I’m starting to get interested in Shirow’s way of thinking. Thank you!
You are welcome, doing all this research for the postings I tasted blood myself. Added another quick watch Masamune Shirow OVA from 2015 to my PTW, Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn. Not only that the title is similar to GitS, some reviewer over at anidb.net writes:
Think Ghost in The Shell, turn down the seriousness and politics to 0, replace the gritty cyberpunk background with your typical sterile anime sci-fi world. Finally, add cute flatchested girls harboring yuri undertones. The plot is horrible, the characters...
It's tagged ecchi, as recent as 2015, like the GitS scene is yuri, uses CG. And that hentai of his was CG with GitS themes as well. I start to get the feeling that the new GitS show may go into the same direction ...

Feb 28, 2020 10:47 AM

Oct 2014
This CG looks so bad. It's absolutely awful.
Mar 2, 2020 11:39 AM

Feb 2009
visually looks like shit. Berserk in comparison looks like a masterpiece lmao. the story sounds interesting tho, but the cg and the character designs are gonna be painful to watch specially kusanagi. overall job feels super mediocre, I don't even think Yoko Kanno is back at all, so soundtrack could end up being generic af too. wish mayor got the sonic treatment and got changed into an older and mature version, rather than looking like a kid, even her arise design looks way better. meh not hyped at all, probably gonna be a pass for me lol
Mar 4, 2020 12:17 PM
Oct 2018
wow, this so awesome, thank you based kikeflix for reviving anime
Mar 13, 2020 9:20 PM

Oct 2010
new still from the future show, they look horrible
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-03-11/ghost-in-the-shell-sac_2045-anime-reveals-main-character-stills/.157402

just look at Togusa

edit: why the f*** is he speaking on a phone if he has a cyberbrain? he looks like his on a mission, phones can be intercepted.
CatalanoMar 29, 2020 10:59 AM
Mar 15, 2020 7:02 AM
Mar 2020
This looks horrible and that makes me really sad.
Mar 18, 2020 11:09 AM

Jun 2019
Video games from the early 2010's had better previews.

Will skip this one and preserve my positive impressions of the original series. Just stop berserking licenses Japan.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Apr 24, 2020

59 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.