Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2020 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A talking cat enters in the first 5 minutes of the show. Man, this anime had some weird vibes already but yeah, it's one of those anime where anything is possible. Oh and a giant talking bear...

The action was kinda absurd when you realize a bear can use a damn minigun in combat LOL. Reiji is kinda average for a protagonist. I hope they develop their characters.

Stark700Jan 9, 2020 9:37 AM
Jan 9, 2020 7:15 AM

Jun 2017
Perfect. Wouldn't have it any other way /s
Jan 9, 2020 7:32 AM

Apr 2010
What's up with all the MMO's this season.
Anyway so far i found this rather generic, there where some new things but it was pretty predictable.
There is also the overpowered main part which is making me wonder if i will be able to enjoy this anime.
Let's hope it improves a bit next episode.
Jan 9, 2020 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
Seems like another big oof of the season.

Ill give it more eps just for the bear.
Jan 9, 2020 7:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Is this the new Isekai Cheat Magician ? I smell a very low mean score for this show
Jan 9, 2020 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
I tried it out thinking it might be something decent but it's pretty mediocre so far, I'll probably give it another episode or two before deciding if I want to continue this or not.
Jan 9, 2020 8:00 AM

Feb 2017
It was okay, the game idea is good I would play a game like this. The show was meh so far, only the Bear was the one that made this episode somewhat enjoyable
Jan 9, 2020 8:03 AM
Aug 2018
At last my favorite novel become anime
Jan 9, 2020 8:04 AM

Nov 2016
Oh boy, here we go again.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 9, 2020 8:14 AM
Sep 2018
According to what I've heard about the LN, this will eventually dive into an exploration of how people interact undr the anonymity of their avatars but, this episode gives me no faith that this will be executed remotely well.

Even if it does execute well thematically I have even less faith the production will be anything better than average.
Jan 9, 2020 8:29 AM

Jun 2017
As expected of NAZ. Well I cant say the general opinion from non-ln readers are misplaced. But it still stings whenever people equate an anime's quality with iit's animation.
Jan 9, 2020 8:32 AM

Dec 2016
Meh

This is a good example that good artstyle and decent animation does not make a show. I was bored to tears the whole time, from the elongated customization sequence to the ilogical explanation that NPCs play in some sort of hardcore mode.

The logic behind NPCs line of thought is unexistant. It feels like the players are the ones that must babysit these characters instead, allowing players to unlock quests that are far beyond their capabilities but they will conquer them with the power of friendship tropes.

This is already on my droplist, but out of just morbid curiosity I'll check next episode that I doubt it will be better.
Jan 9, 2020 8:34 AM
Dec 2019
This was a waste of time, it gives a really strange vibe as if the main character is not natural at all, as a example: the relationship between him and his brother seems rather cold and distant, really not feeling it, plus the fact that the protagonist straight from level 0 is soo powerful leaves "a bad taste in my mouth", this quote it's surely not catchy , it kinda reminds me of that shit Isekai with a smartphone
AsshhhJan 9, 2020 8:41 AM
Jan 9, 2020 8:35 AM

May 2014
I won't praise the LN to high heaven, but some of the criticism is hasty. You can't really expect the story to get very far in the first episode.
Jan 9, 2020 8:52 AM

Sep 2017
*yawn* instant drop.
Jan 9, 2020 8:59 AM

Jun 2012
From i know this Overpowered Mc not always win why there Overpowered enemy to can beat him
Jan 9, 2020 9:11 AM

Oct 2018
another isekai, another overpower hero, going to drop after 5ep.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 9, 2020 9:25 AM
Jan 9, 2020 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
It's finally here! Along with MagiaReco my most anticipated of the season.
Yay a new waifu.
"Master, your orders?"

So, having not read the LN(yet, will get to it), I really got Log Horizon vibes out of the world and character interactions with NPC's and that's high praise from me since LH is my favourite isekai. I know this one probably won't get super popular on MAL, here and twitter because people are tired of the VRMMORPG genre in the west, but I'm liking it so far and looking forward to more.

Also, how does this guy get discussion threads up for like 20 anime hours before they air?
Jan 9, 2020 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
emraanash said:

Not isekai. It's VRMMORPG. The two are executed distinctly differently. Also, why are you even wasting your time watching if you don't like the genre of VRMMORPG lol?

Ashhk said:
Is this the new Isekai Cheat Magician ? I smell a very low mean score for this show

No because it's miles better than Cheat Magician. It's one episode in and it's 20x better than Cheat ever was.

Jan 9, 2020 9:36 AM

Aug 2013
I just don't know what to think of this but I'll still continue watching it for the bear.

Jan 9, 2020 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
I like the idea of realistic VRMMO. A fantasy world with limitless possibilties, sounds interesting. The start was pretty decent and I like that kuma lol.
Jan 9, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2017
jungsae said:
So the game has no goal and people die when they are killed, which is basically ..real life? Sounds anything but entertaining for a game.

Dude did you even watch the episode?
It's called infinite dendrogram for a reason. The possibilities are virtually endless for players to set their own goal and not the other way around.

Also,
Tians are the only ones that die when killed.
Jan 9, 2020 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
jungsae said:
So the game has no goal and people die when they are killed, which is basically ..real life? Sounds anything but entertaining for a game.
I mean, it's an MMO, so it wouldn't have any super specific goals, right? The idea of MMO's is always to make your own story.

As for the dying penalty, only NPCs can perma-die, players just get a 24-hour lock on their accounts. Excessive? Maybe a little, but given the structure of the game world, it's not a drastically terrible penalty. It's sort of an integrity safeguard on the Active Quests system. You fail a quest, you lose the quest, no do-overs.
Jan 9, 2020 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
Man it feels like ages since I've seen Souma Saitou play the MC role lol

It's not every day you see a bear wielding a minigun either. Not gonna say this isekai ish show is gonna be mind blowing but who knows at this point
Jan 9, 2020 10:03 AM

Mar 2019
Kind of on the border, but I like Nemesis so I will stay
Jan 9, 2020 10:04 AM

Oct 2018
Marinate1016 said:
emraanash said:

Not isekai. It's VRMMORPG. The two are executed distinctly differently. Also, why are you even wasting your time watching if you don't like the genre of VRMMORPG lol?

trailer looked promising .......
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Jan 9, 2020 10:05 AM

Feb 2011
basically garbage but i will watch out of boredom.

... unless it gets worse than garbage

Jan 9, 2020 10:07 AM
Apr 2011
It was mentioned that the NPCs have human-level cognisance. Which means it is not possible to differentiate them from actual humans just by behaviour. Which also makes killing them to be morally wrong. How is this game still allowed?

Also, a jobless lvl 0 gets a lvl 5 quest (which apparently is high, do quest levels work on a different scale?), which involves a lvl 210 character not capable of beating the monsters, yet the lvl 0 is? After which the reward of the quest is a single piece of cheap fruit?
Yeah, if you don't want the numbers to matter, don't mention them. And don't make it an MMORPG, where the numbers are very important.
Jan 9, 2020 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
Okay if I have ever said:"I've just seen the biggest rip-off in the world"... I was mistaken at the time.
Re:formed
Jan 9, 2020 10:17 AM

Jan 2013
It's much better then Shield girl. Otherwise there are not much catch points. Maiden that transforms to really big sword, just nice not Marty Stu Kirito like guy and his brother Bear with minigun. Game system without questions. Kinda not bad. 6-7/10
Jan 9, 2020 10:21 AM

Jan 2013
Dr4kon said:
Iwhich involves a lvl 210 character not capable of beating the monsters

He could, but he was captured underground when he cast a spell.
Jan 9, 2020 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
Retarded kuma character: check.
Cliché weapon-girl: check.
Me dropping this anime: check.
Jan 9, 2020 10:44 AM
Apr 2011
ExcelDog said:
Dr4kon said:
Iwhich involves a lvl 210 character not capable of beating the monsters

He could, but he was captured underground when he cast a spell.

I wasn't talking about MC's brother, but the Royal Guards' Vice Commander.
Jan 9, 2020 10:55 AM

Oct 2010
Since there is no point to argue with LN fans I would say
if story is actually any good then this episode did not manage to convey that. Really bland everything.

P.S. First ep of shield girl is better. It was fun at least.
P.P.S. We got VRMMO contest for some reason. Instead of triple isekai.
Jan 9, 2020 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
the guy seem weak and rush
Jan 9, 2020 11:03 AM
Dec 2019
Marinate1016 said:
emraanash said:

Ashhk said:

No because it's miles better than Cheat Magician. It's one episode in and it's 20x better than Cheat ever was.

You are toooo easily pleased if u don't see any problems with this show
Jan 9, 2020 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
other than cool looking character designs(except for the bear) it is offering nothing new. And why is it even a MMO anime? The premise is irrelevant. You can change the premise as a upstart adventurer and modify the lines and the entire series would be no different.
This is nothing like a MMO and honestly is a pointless aspect in which does nothing for the show.
Jan 9, 2020 11:10 AM
Sep 2019
I feel like it would have been much better without the whole "video game" element, and it just feels like more of the same
Jan 9, 2020 11:28 AM

Jan 2008
The dialogue in this show is pretty cringey. Hoping they elaborate more on the 'game mechanics' because the concept of the game's world is pretty silly.

Well at least Nemesis is cute.
Jan 9, 2020 11:36 AM

Dec 2015
emraanash said:

he not OP as all tho...well you will see soon....what i can call OP is his bear brother and whole superior class...
Jan 9, 2020 11:49 AM

Apr 2009
Oh boi.
The novel was a dumpster to begin with - a clean, well-maintained and inoffensive dumpster, you know. But then along came Studio Nazi and set it on fire.
Jan 9, 2020 11:59 AM

Jun 2012
OkamiRenki said:
emraanash said:

he not OP as all tho...well you will see soon....what i can call OP is his bear brother and whole superior class...

Indeed we know Mc not perfect even he Overpowered he can still lose some Overpowered enemy or draw fight this little similar to Jojo and Dragon ball need team work or trust and strategy order win plus Mc not only one Overpowered there his Team mate Overpowered to by skills or ability
Jan 9, 2020 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
Asshhh said:
Marinate1016 said:

That's the understatement of the decade. @Marinate1016 is the kind of users in here that are fully satisfied with any waifu show. If you want some good laughs you should read his/her review on Fire Force calling it one of the more original takes on shonen, and how the fanservice never bothered him/her.
Jan 9, 2020 12:10 PM

May 2015
Asshhh said:
Marinate1016 said:

People are allowed to have a different opinion than you.

Jan 9, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:

This is rich coming from you, since you're always condescending to others, even if you agree when a show is bad or even if you haven't seen it and have no idea what others are speaking of
Jan 9, 2020 12:20 PM

Apr 2012
Blegh, all these people in here going on about tropes, and stereotypes.

Hate to bring it out to you, but there is very very VERY little out there that is truly unique or brings out something completely new.

That doesn't mean that everything else is bad. Just take this anime at face value and judge it as such.

The graphics and animation are good, the world itself looks very appealing. The possibilities of a dynamically created story, world and the embryo can make for a good story basis. Big thumbs up.
The rpg aspects of the game itself however feel sketchy with some of the numbers flying around.

All in all decent anime that can become good. It most likely wont be the best of the best in its genre. But it doesnt have to be, as long as its entertaining.
Jan 9, 2020 12:24 PM

May 2015
Kimurah said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

This is rich coming from you, since you're always condescending to others, even if you agree when a show is bad or even if you haven't seen it and have no idea what others are speaking of

I'm condescending towards dumb trolls like you, not just everyone I disagree with.

Jan 9, 2020 12:35 PM

Dec 2016
Fluxje said:
Blegh, all these people in here going on about tropes, and stereotypes.

Hate to bring it out to you, but there is very very VERY little out there that is truly unique or brings out something completely new.

That doesn't mean that everything else is bad. Just take this anime at face value and judge it as such.

And the value on this very unimaginative show is just rock bottom

Fluxje said:

The graphics and animation are good, the world itself looks very appealing.

This isn't a videogame, animation isn't judged with "graphics", it's called artstyle or simply art

Fluxje said:

The possibilities of a dynamically created story, world and the embryo can make for a good story basis. Big thumbs up.

Highly doubtful. You said it yourself, there's very little originality out there. MC already received what it looks like the best odds of gaccha with his new embryo waifu. I'd say that this is very akin to Shield Hero getting Filo out of a Gaccha egg.

Fluxje said:

The rpg aspects of the game itself however feel sketchy with some of the numbers flying around.

At least you can denote that throwing random numbers about levels and how a level 0 character could pull out an impossible task feels quite sketchy

Fluxje said:

All in all decent anime that can become good. It most likely wont be the best of the best in its genre. But it doesnt have to be, as long as its entertaining.

Anything can be entertaining when there's no expectation or a bar to surpass
Jan 9, 2020 12:36 PM

Dec 2015
The only good thing about this show so far is its name. I might pick it up if it actually gets better later on, but as it stands right now I won't even bother watching episode 2.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2020

30 by toralbabs »»
May 24, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.