Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 10, 2019 10:51 PM
Jul 2019
I have read the manga and gonna watch the anime. So far I saw the anime the pacing of the story kinda rush. I give it 2-3 more episode to see it will be better or not. Like the ED song thou
Oct 10, 2019 11:02 PM
Jun 2016
I absolutely hated this first episode, despite the fact that i was so excited for the anime announcement and the when i saw the pv. The pacing is terrible. Absolutely horrific. Compared to the manga, they were jumping all over the place. As a a result of their pacing, they cut a lot of content out, made Kufa’s defection extremely boring, and replaced content with pans of flowers or changed it with same scene in a different angle. It was overall wayyy too rushed which pisses me off because they could’ve decided to make a 40 min first ep to get all the information across. I’ll probably watch this anime till the end because I really enjoyed the manga.
Oct 10, 2019 11:14 PM
Apr 2018
very boring not according to expectations maybe I will not continue watching this anime again
Oct 10, 2019 11:21 PM

Jul 2017
An OK start, expecting EMT Squared for a limited budget production, only commendable being the opening fight scene was great for their level. Otherwise, usual cutting of source materials to fit within the budget.

The greatest man, with the lousiest girl. And his job is to harvest and nurture her of her powers. If not, it's to assassinate or be assassinated.

Can already see this being quite generic and rushed (they don't even bother explaining why), but I'll hold my thoughts on that matter since it's only Episode 1.
Oct 10, 2019 11:49 PM

Sep 2014
Well, mm seems to be interesting, he had a strong start with that battle and the scene against the scarecrows was fine, I liked the brightness of the eyes and the power, although what was in the middle I guess was normal for an introductory episode. I am very curious about the world in which they live, a lamp and as I understood it never dawns ... interesting could be the story behind it. However, it seemed to me very hasty the decision of the type of defending that girl, when minutes before he had said that he could not stand or see her, that all his efforts would be in vain ... to later betray everything he believes, betray his pride As a post-murderer of an unknown girl, I suppose the prana she uses comes from him. Let's see how the series progresses and if they give us more and better reasons than just to see her not asking for help for which the killer helps
Oct 11, 2019 12:03 AM

Apr 2011
A LOT was cut out- which hurt the pacing and motivation BIG time.
I hope that the following episodes aren't so rushed. :(
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Oct 11, 2019 12:40 AM

Mar 2017
Can't believe that I was so hyped for the anime adaptation of this.
Disappointed but not surprised.

I'll give this 2 or more episodes and if its still the same... I guess I'll stick with the manga

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Oct 11, 2019 1:18 AM
Oct 2018
Hm, I don't want to judge prematurely, but wasn't the first episode totally illogical?

You have an assassin on a mission who realizes the truth, knows what he has to do, but at the end say "Oh, screw this, Imma do what I wanna do" and disregards everything and everyone for the sake of a girl he just met?

Also, in other situations, he showed level headed thinking which isn't typical for people who make decisions like "oh, okay, screw everything".

That's what I didn't like in the first episode, the main character is totally illogical in my opinion. You are either level headed or impulsive, not both. I don't think I'll watch the next episode.
Oct 11, 2019 1:19 AM

May 2015
Where are you guys finding this subbed?

edit: never mind
Oct 11, 2019 1:20 AM

Jan 2016
sunimi__ said:
I feel like the pacing was definitely rushed in comparison to the manga adaptation and light novel which was a let down. Also because of the episode's time frame limit some little details were left out, the animation is very pretty imo and much much better than I expected so there's that at least.

The reason why it was a bit of a mess when it came to the pace might be because the first episode has 7 ANIMATION DIRECTORS (why even). I hope they explain later on why Kufa decided to save Melida more in depth and that they slow down the pacing because they literally fit everything in the first episode and I really want to like the series because I actually did enjoy the manga a lot.

I agree I like it a lot. Great chaacters and cute intections, too bad they censored her drinking poison from his mouth or whatever that liquid was... I like Merida's back story.
Oct 11, 2019 2:34 AM

Sep 2011
As others said, the PACING WAS REALLY OFF. After reading and liking the manga I was eager to see the adaptation but this was a bit disappointing.

They cut of some of the comedy scenes that made Kufa more than a 'cool' and a robotic character, and the end of the episode was just.... They cut almost two whole chapters of the manga. I was left speachless.

I hope they add some flashbacks about it in the nexts episodes or else I will be clueless as to why they cut them off.

So guys, if this hasn't improved in some episodes and you kind of liked the concept or the general feel of the anime, give a change to manga or the LN.
"If you wish so ardently for your life to disappear then give it to me!"
Oct 11, 2019 2:56 AM
Jun 2017
Hmmm, it seems like many some dont like this one, but for me i like it, and im interested with what could happen with this one.
Oct 11, 2019 4:03 AM
Oct 2019
I'm one of the manga readers and I'm disappointed with the pacing. Well, I don't read the LN so I don't know how the pacing in the LN but if I compare it with the manga, it's totally messy. Too rush. They skipped so many dialogue that made the character looks boring. Not only the dialogue, but
also the events from one to another (like example in the manga, before they go to school, Melida and Kufa have a short sparring in her house), and I think it's kinda ruined the first impression of Melida.

And one thing that I really mad is how they changed the part when Kufa gave her a potion. In the manga, it was in a room and they had a conversation first. It established their character. But the important part is after Melida took the potion and started to lose her conscious (the ending if you don't know), in the manga, we can see Kufa's reaction, who was watching her struggling. How she struggles in pain because she want to acknowledge by everyone. How he, at first, didn't care about her well-being but then he prayed—cursed—that she must come alive. He told her to live. It is one of the touching moment and important for Melida's and Kufa's character.

I do think it's because they maybe want to fill the anime with a conflict which yet available in the manga. But I hope the pace improves in the next episode.

But, the animation, action, and the soundtrack is good. I liked it.
Oct 11, 2019 4:40 AM

Jun 2016
Seems interesting, I think I'm going to continue to watch this series.
Oct 11, 2019 4:44 AM

Jan 2019
"My Ruttle Rady..."
MC looks like Kirito.
MC is apparently a Lolicon lol
Main Heroine almost falls to her death but MC saves her then they look cute together and stuff (Cliche as fuck)
She runs off and does some dumb shit to prove her strength (Cliche as fuck)
-Some guy often pressures her like this to awaken her ability
-So who's idea was it for her to do the dumb shit then?
-Wooden stick for helpless girl with no powers. I know I wont be getting any help so I'm just gonna take a stick with me. OR if she was pressured into it by the guy, Give her a stick and leave her to die. (The stick broke) There wasn't supposed to be anyone there.

All I see is Plot Convenience...

Magic Users are Noble -STOP-
That seems like the whole convenient excuse it took to get this Anime into development. Let's show how hard it can be for a girl from a Noble family who everyone has high expectations from. To me, it very much seems like that was the only way they could do it. Make people of "Noble" blood wield magic.
Oct 11, 2019 4:47 AM

Apr 2009
welp i hope this show will put some shame not only on Fairy Gone but on Val x Love
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Oct 11, 2019 5:01 AM

Sep 2016
furious_fedora_tipping_intensifies.png
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Oct 11, 2019 5:03 AM
Jul 2019
After reading the manga i was abit disappointed,due to the fast skips,but since this was a new studio after all they had to make some comprimise,since their a new studio which also means they have a limit on their bill,which means they had to skip in order to conplete it and i understand that,so i will probaly wait and give this another shot,i have high hopes for the next episode.I PRAY TO GOD
Oct 11, 2019 5:14 AM

Mar 2019
Man I was excited for this after reading the start of the manga awhile back but uhh it felt so rushed and Melida is made out as being rather pathetic compared to her in the manga..
Oct 11, 2019 6:35 AM

Feb 2017
IMO this ain't good or bad just plain boring, dropping it because I doubt the 3 episode rule will help it at all, will check back to see if I'm wrong though.

Also the world building on this thing is beyond stupid "the whole world is fuck so we trapped ourselves up on this pretty chandelier where each light is a city, what space for food? yeah the market down the street, eternal darkness means you gotta create all light? we have street lights for that" ugh and I bet there are even more and worse things like the class system they got going.
LuxeraphOct 11, 2019 6:44 AM
Oct 11, 2019 8:32 AM
Feb 2017
For someone who did not read the manga I felt that there were a lot of cut outs which doesn't make it interesting to watch.
Oct 11, 2019 8:43 AM
Oct 2019
The animation is above average but not the best but Kufa voice hurt my ears so bad. His voice literally doesnt match him even 1 bit. My gentleman teacher sound that i imagine when reading LN and manga is destroyed
Oct 11, 2019 9:21 AM
Jul 2012
Hey can anyone that knows LN/WN or manga spoil me 1 thing?

That's why I'm asking, quote me or send me private message.
Thanks
Oct 11, 2019 9:36 AM

Mar 2014
"oh my gosh, these monsters are beating the shit outta me, gotta tell them how i treasure these locks and how it reminds me of my mom, maybe one of them has a hair fetish and spare me" lmaoooooo that was a total cringefest. not also sure how did the assassin had a change of heart, it didnt convice me at all, there was no impact. episode felt rushed too. maybe im giving it another episode to prove me wrong but this one seems forgettable and common at this point
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Oct 11, 2019 9:55 AM

Mar 2018
Long time no see kirito...

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Oct 11, 2019 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
--Toshi-- said:
sneakers-n-cake said:
traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Seems you dont even enjoy watching anime, might as well give it up altogether. Save us from your traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash comments.

lmfao k enjoy your wish fulfillment anime bro, no shame
Oct 11, 2019 12:31 PM

Dec 2018
Mockman said:
sunimi__ said:

Definitely not the worst anime of the season, lol. It's only been like 1 episode, geez.

How about worst first episode of the season then? Or year? This was pretty dreadful. Sure, it could get better — anything could — but I don't know why it would. The things done here seem like deliberate choices and are likely to infect the entire season. And if some of the positive comments I've read aren't trolling, then it seems like it has an audience, so why change?

I do agree that the first episode was all over the place and that it's certainly not the best first episode of this season, but maybe it will get better. Hopefully. After all the series is scheduled to only have 12 episodes and that might be the reason why they rushed the pace so much and cut content.
Oct 11, 2019 1:13 PM
May 2013
The chandelier city intrigues me, but I draw the line at actual pedophilia. There was absolutely no reason for him to kiss feed her that liquid and the "my little lady" line was so cringy it physically hurt to listen to. Dropped like a ton of bricks.
Oct 11, 2019 1:35 PM
Sep 2011
I liked the animation quality. Some of the other shows airing this season have turned me off by the art style...
Oct 11, 2019 2:32 PM

Feb 2018
BTDee said:
This first episode was mediocre for me.

Very meh anime, hopefully it gets better.

what the fuck even happened

Yeah, Same here. We will see after more episodes.
Oct 11, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
This blows. I want my money back!
Oct 11, 2019 7:15 PM

Jun 2014
So much exposition dump, and the worst part was all of it was half-baked. Yknow because screw world building; instead let's ramble on and on about random jargon that we arent going to define for you, and none of it is important yet until later anyway. I mean, if they had done a better job at explaining what was even going on, I feel like I would be much more interested.
Oct 11, 2019 8:42 PM
Feb 2019
Honestly, i find it interesting. I want to know more about Kufa and his intentions to keep Melida alive. I disagree on the opinion that say, "Melida is not strong character."
Oct 11, 2019 9:23 PM
Oct 2019
Overall it is ok i guess.
Oct 11, 2019 10:37 PM
Jul 2017
I think an assassin is defined as someone who kills in secret, and those they kill are usually prominent people. There is no universal law that says "gravity on earth is 9.81 m/s^2 and an assassin must simply do what they are told and make a lot of money." Assassin is just a job title. His "assassins pride" is that he saves people from their sorrow. It just so happens that it usually involves killing them. In this case he is saving her by providing her with mana and a chance at life. I am willing to bet that it will come to fruition that he had a similar experience in being unable to use mana when he was a kid. Maybe I am connecting too deeply with this, and future episodes will tell, but I really like how they went about utilizing his "assassins pride." Not as the pride of an assassin who never fails a kill, but as the pride of a man who saves people from a life of sorrow. He is not an assassin because he enjoys it, or because its what he is paid to do. He does it because he feels that he is making things better for people. That is why he takes the path he does with the girl. I really love the studios take on the MC, his job, and his pride; and I can not wait to see more of this show.
Oct 11, 2019 10:39 PM
Nov 2018
Only thing that grabbed my attention were the visuals and the unique setting.
Oct 11, 2019 11:04 PM
May 2019
The first episode was fine. But I hope it will be better in next episode.
Oct 11, 2019 11:33 PM

Jan 2010
sunimi__ said:
Mockman said:

How about worst first episode of the season then? Or year? This was pretty dreadful. Sure, it could get better — anything could — but I don't know why it would. The things done here seem like deliberate choices and are likely to infect the entire season. And if some of the positive comments I've read aren't trolling, then it seems like it has an audience, so why change?

I do agree that the first episode was all over the place and that it's certainly not the best first episode of this season, but maybe it will get better. Hopefully. After all the series is scheduled to only have 12 episodes and that might be the reason why they rushed the pace so much and cut content.

Well, you have a kinder perspective than do I. I'll concede that it could happen. That said, the manner in which the show takes its sillier moments so seriously doesn't bode well for it. But we'll see.
Oct 11, 2019 11:48 PM

Feb 2014
Swagernator said:
Dude, the first episode and he already saved her twice .. but i like the "chandelier" world they introduced, it seems interesting.

Also, the qualification for those girls being the chosen is them being flat or something ?

Well considering how manaless was the heroine, saving her is just a part of the game. Though the plot seemed to be fast forwarded, leaving out a lot of interactions. The concept of the world in this is something fanatic.

Also about the flat thing, just gonna leave this here.....
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 12, 2019 1:05 AM

Feb 2019
Who the fuck gave this a 3,2 and 1 out of 5?! How do y’all dislike shit like this but yet will give food wars or that wrestling isekai such high marks? I just don’t get it. What was wrong with this? The art, animation and plot are great. It’s mature, it’s dark, etc.
Oct 12, 2019 3:34 AM
Oct 2019
Stupid manga readers comparing it with the anime itself and giving less vote for it, if u want the details just look at manga then. At least the anime looks good and i dont sense any sexual content from it.
Oct 12, 2019 6:10 AM

Apr 2009
evilcorn said:
I liked the animation quality. Some of the other shows airing this season have turned me off by the art style...
welp i watch this show than Fairy Gone's 2nd half bcoz the first half got me mad at and dropped it

Oct 12, 2019 6:12 AM

Apr 2009
Superns18 said:
Who the fuck gave this a 3,2 and 1 out of 5?! How do y’all dislike shit like this but yet will give food wars or that wrestling isekai such high marks? I just don’t get it. What was wrong with this? The art, animation and plot are great. It’s mature, it’s dark, etc.
anyway i find this anime had decent animation values and yes those delusional people who gave this anime a 1,2 or 3 are just Mudaks (russian word for a**hole)

Oct 12, 2019 6:13 AM

Apr 2009
Jeffifav24 said:
Stupid manga readers comparing it with the anime itself and giving less vote for it, if u want the details just look at manga then. At least the anime looks good and i dont sense any sexual content from it.
i agree on there dude :|

Oct 12, 2019 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
sunimi__ said:
Mockman said:
anyway i my own theory Assassins Pride will be much more better than both Fairy Gone and Val x Love if the studio should put an improvement to this :3

anyway in my own theory this anime will be better than Fairy Gone or Val X Love if the studio itself should give an improvement to this :3

Oct 12, 2019 7:35 AM

May 2019
Personally, I thought that this was a very strong opening episode, both thematically and aesthetically.

The character Vampir's psyche is genuinely interesting to me, and I've already taken quite a liking to him. His psychology is fascinating.

Aesthetically, the music and visuals correlated very elegantly to deliver a resounding emotional impact.

Overall, I genuinely liked this much more than I thought I would (and much more than many others, apparently), and I'm really excited for the next episode.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 12, 2019 7:48 AM

Mar 2018
Who the hell says "My little lady". Shit killed me LOL.

>she has beautiful form
>runs in completely defenseless

Not watching more of this

@Superns18 Sooo... what was mature about this? This was awful melodrama, this is as mature as that wrestling isekai you made fun of, which has superior action scenes and is actually funny.
poop
Oct 12, 2019 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
They rushed over a lot of the exposition, but it was probably for the best they get this much out of the way in episode 1 so that viewers know what direction the series is actually taking.

Took 5 chapters in the manga to reach Melida's mana, and until then it seemed like the show would be a very different story. (Hopefully the next episode backtracks a little to give a proper explanation of things)

I approve of the VA's they chose for the MC's, and the soundtrack is done well, too.
FateHeroOct 12, 2019 9:01 AM
Oct 12, 2019 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
A lot of the people (reviews) seem to dislike Melinda because she is not your typical main girl but I absolutely love that she is understated and yet her strength seems to ooze out of her without her having to scream at us about it. I think the brilliance of this anime is in the subtle details that the audience needs to catch without an explanation from the characters. It's in how Kufa healed the cat's leg, how he somehow moved faster than the time it took for Melinda and his suitcase to fall to the ground....It's also in the way she curtsied and how she chose to stand on her own without taking his hand...
I don't dislike this type of anime and I am hoping it will continue like this. Hoping there will be no harem girls throwing themselves at the instructor because that will definitely spoil the anime.
Hancock23Oct 12, 2019 10:40 AM
Oct 12, 2019 5:01 PM
Jul 2015
sunimi__ said:
I feel like the pacing was definitely rushed in comparison to the manga adaptation and light novel which was a let down. Also because of the episode's time frame limit some little details were left out, the animation is very pretty imo and much much better than I expected so there's that at least.

The reason why it was a bit of a mess when it came to the pace might be because the first episode has 7 ANIMATION DIRECTORS (why even). I hope they explain later on why Kufa decided to save Melida more in depth and that they slow down the pacing because they literally fit everything in the first episode and I really want to like the series because I actually did enjoy the manga a lot.

Same here! I thoroughly enjoy the manga and I hope it isn't as rushed as this first episode. I still enjoyed it, especially the animation as it's pretty well done :) but is it just me or do they love to show leg/feet shots (kinda weird).

I'm looking forward to more!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

32 by pissolati »»
Aug 27, 3:35 PM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2019

94 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.