Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 25, 2019 11:37 AM

Feb 2011
So in the end, they felt Veldora explaining whether he knew Chloe or not would be spoiler territory. Maybe his cheering for the kids just happened to reach Rimuru in those moments. Seriously, it's like they were covering up every moment Veldora reacted whenever Chloe was involved. His narrative makes it seem as if they never happened.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 25, 2019 11:42 AM

Feb 2017
RayReynolds said:
@HisokaxMeruem rather it has the worst haters that only dedicate themselves to telling lies,the ability to become human, not affected at all to the plot, nor did he spend all his time transformed like that., it is not as if suddenly all women fall in love with it because of its appearance, nor do I start to fuck with all as they happen in the rest of the isekai where pedophilia and polygamy are allowed (considering that Rimuru does not have biological sex) of the things that do well we begin with the fact that the plot does not revolve around the MC but to develop the environment, which there is no harem, it is not all about overcoming a one-dimensional villain and the problem is solved automatically, if people bore slow, but consistent development is fine, but do not say false things.

ikr , it's that infamous generic argument all over again pftt๐Ÿ˜‚

btw this is out of topic but I heard DeadPool is the english voice actor for Gobta , is that really true ?
Lab_Rat_0978Mar 25, 2019 11:52 AM
Mar 25, 2019 11:54 AM

Feb 2019
By the way many complain about the episode, but the average score went up, a little more and it will surpass the "hero who suffer bullying".
Mar 25, 2019 11:54 AM

Mar 2013
let's pretend that episode never happen
Mar 25, 2019 11:58 AM
Oct 2017
I think that there was 24 episodes for this anime but few weeks ago I see that there is 25 so idk if I am just retard or if its true but if its trued then I think that 24 episodes would be better than 25 with last episode like this lol

Boring af 1/10
Mar 25, 2019 12:07 PM

Feb 2017
Birdsanddrugs said:
nina444 said:

ppl ?
ppl ? don't like it ? that's so funny lmfao
are you a comedian or smthn?๐Ÿ˜‚

Well to be fair ever since the Orc Disaster Arc ended, the pacing has been a train wreck. It might've been better for them to stay slow and build slowly.

I won't deny that it has been hella bumpy ride but.. they (the author - Fuse , 8bit studio and the gang) couldn't really do anythn due to the Conspiracy situation..
I mean they were against the committee after all๐Ÿ˜‚ yet Surprisingly they were in fact able to beat em by forcing the anime to adapt 4 volumes , not 6 - 5 volumes .
I wonder what would've happened if the committee had defeated our heroes . I bet it'd be like tokyo ghoul re; 2.0 ( อก° อœส– อก°)
btw here's the source for the author - Fuse confession
Lab_Rat_0978Mar 25, 2019 12:21 PM
Mar 25, 2019 12:08 PM

Feb 2017
Harus said:
let's pretend that episode never happen

you cracked me up Fam!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Mar 25, 2019 12:09 PM

Dec 2014
they could've ended two episodes earlier..why drag it and end it with a filler episode is beyond me
Mar 25, 2019 12:20 PM

May 2017
Another filler. Yeeeeeeeah boiiii
Mar 25, 2019 12:20 PM

May 2015
Ah, why didn't they make it an OVA... as well as the previous episode. It would be so much more logical. And seriously, this wasn't all that bad, but the timing is really off. I'd prefer to watch it separately, probably before the 2 season release in order to refresh all the events. Considering a sort of recap was already made in the 23d episode, this one was truly unnecessary now.

And just a voice-over, why? Best boy Veldora didn't get enough screen time as it is, could be so much better if they actually showed some new footage like at the beginning of the episode. Disappointed.

It won't affect my impression of the season as a whole though. But the choice to make it 25-episode series instead of 23 + 2 OVAs is still very weird and confusing.
Mar 25, 2019 12:22 PM
Dec 2013
It's ridiculous that they ended the series with a recap episode. What were they thinking? I enjoyed the rest of the show, though.

1/5 for the episode. 8/10 for the series. Can't wait for season 2.
wildhoodMar 25, 2019 12:26 PM
Mar 25, 2019 12:28 PM

Feb 2017
Ten said:
Ah, why didn't they make it an OVA... as well as the previous episode. It would be so much more logical. And seriously, this wasn't all that bad, but the timing is really off. I'd prefer to watch it separately, probably before the 2 season release in order to refresh all the events. Considering a sort of recap was already made in the 23d episode, this one was truly unnecessary now.

And just a voice-over, why? Best boy Veldora didn't get enough screen time as it is, could be so much better if they actually showed some new footage like at the beginning of the episode. Disappointed.

It won't affect my impression of the season as a whole though. But the choice to make it 25-episode series instead of 23 + 2 OVAs is still very weird and confusing.

this ep is basically ifrit x veldora radio๐Ÿ“Ÿ xD it's really good as radio show but it's bad as anime ep . I've been listening to rimuru x rigurd radio recently , it's really fun
Mar 25, 2019 12:33 PM

May 2015
This was a pretty disappointing way to end a really good series, on a recap episode !

I normally skip these and most of the time their not apart of the anime so it being the leaving off point for this series was just.....why ?
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2015
nina444 said:
Ten said:

this ep is basically ifrit x veldora radio๐Ÿ“Ÿ xD it's really good as radio show but it's bad as anime ep .

Yes, I had the same thought that it could be a really nice radio show. But then I thought, that the radio wouldn't be translated as quickly and to actually listen to it and understand you'd have to most likely watch it on youtube with some plain screenshots at the background. So, actually, this version with recap footage is not so bad and my complaint narrowed mostly to the timing of the release.
Mar 25, 2019 12:35 PM

Jun 2015
i don't understand all the hate, we almost knew from the beginning that final 2 episodes will be an anime original and the Veldora dairy! ep 23 was the finale. what did u expect?
Mar 25, 2019 12:50 PM

Dec 2016
vipergod said:
i don't understand all the hate, we almost knew from the beginning that final 2 episodes will be an anime original and the Veldora dairy! ep 23 was the finale. what did u expect?

If I would make the promise to punch you in the face with one week anticipation and as soon as the week has passed I actually punch you in the face, would you be okay with me saying "hey I warned you, what did you expect?"
Mar 25, 2019 12:53 PM

Oct 2010
the official site has this listed separately. not numbered. should it get it's own entry?
Mar 25, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2012
So this was 25? It was labelled 24.5 Not bad for a recap episode but I expected more background on Veldora.
Mar 25, 2019 12:56 PM

Jun 2015
Kimurah said:
vipergod said:

If I would make the promise to punch you in the face with one week anticipation and as soon as the week has passed I actually punch you in the face, would you be okay with me saying "hey I warned you, what did you expect?"

cmon mate u r not making any sense! its ep 24.5 and ppl are upset after watching it bcuz it was a recap! but we already knew that its gonna be a recap! if u dont like it just dont watch it! it was a Ova or whatever!
Mar 25, 2019 1:04 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm recap ep thats narrated by Veldora huh interesting. It was funny seeing Veldora and Ifrit discuss the adventures of Rimuru over a game of shogi. As finals go this ep i felt was quite surprising but having Veldora sum up what happened in the series more than made up for it. It was nice to see Veldora have some fun though as i think Rimuru forgot about him lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2019 1:16 PM
Sep 2015
They should have ended in the 24, this last episode is filer only... YIKES.

Now is time to wait for season 2 in 2020.
Mar 25, 2019 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
A recap? Really? I had read that it would be an episode where they would tell the story of the series but from Veldora's point of view so I was kind of expectant, but except for a couple of things it was just a plain recap, hell, it even pissed me off that Veldora didn't even make a comment about Chloe or the spirit from the future even though they showed footage of him reacting to her.

Still, it wasn't bad for a recap but we had already had an emotional recap with a beautiful song in the final episode of the main story so why do another one of 23 minutes only 2 episodes later and as the final episode of the series? It's such an odd choice to put this episode here when it would have fitted better as episode 0 of the second season for example.

Something similar to last week's extra, which I loved, but why not make it an OVA and use these two episodes to expand some parts of the series that were compressed? Not gonna lie, them not having made better use of these last 2 episodes has left me a little salty.

Anyway, goodbye Rimuru-sama, until the OVA and then the second season.

...Milim best girl!
SkyLETVMar 27, 2019 12:50 AM
Mar 25, 2019 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
Kimurah said:
vipergod said:

Best way one could put that to words.

vipergod said:
Kimurah said:

cmon mate u r not making any sense! its ep 24.5 and ppl are upset after watching it bcuz it was a recap! but we already knew that its gonna be a recap! if u dont like it just dont watch it! it was a Ova or whatever!

It doesn't matter whether the episode is marked as 24.5, 25, or 69.69. It is a filler recap, it's still disappointing and a dowright retarded way to end an anime.
Mar 25, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2019
Wow, that was a very bad end to a pretty bad anime. Won't be watching season two, unless it is dramatically better than this season. :)

My anime review website: https://www.takanodan.net
Mar 25, 2019 1:44 PM

Oct 2017
I guess I was still expecting something slightly different than what this episode gave us. Where did the excitement this series brought go? It kind of just dropped off halfway through and it was unable to pick it back up. I'm not super excited for the second season right now but that can change in the coming year. I'd say the series over all is a 6/10.
Mar 25, 2019 1:47 PM

Jan 2008
I honestly thought this wasn't the real last episode. I've seen a lot of people say that this is actually an OVA recap, and not the real episode 25. That gave me some semblance of hope. After reading the comments here I no longer have that hope.

While I'm glad they did one of the Veldora journal entries, they could have done it so much better than making a recap episode with Veldora talking over it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 25, 2019 1:55 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Recap for the last episode, wow.

First half was watchable but the second half was god awful. It has become a trend for isekais to be rated very high above their actual rating I see, even the latest mediocre isekai, edgebro is rated too highly.

5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 25, 2019 1:56 PM

May 2016
disappointed we didn't at least get another side story like episode 24. Even if 23 is the technical end to the season, a bit let down. Series was pretty decent overall, definitely will watch season 2 with some expectations.

Mar 25, 2019 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
So, recap as the last episode.
Meh

Mar 25, 2019 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
What a waste of time.

Yes, I expected this to happen from the moment they said they will have Velora's diary as a final episode, but still ...

Waste of time.

Second season is still like a year away. They will be forced to do yet another recap by then.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Mar 25, 2019 2:01 PM
Jun 2014
Recap eats up half of episode 23, 24 is backstory that could have been kept for an OVA and 25 is another recap. Who greenlit these decisions?

The first half of the series was fantastic and well paced, after Orc Lord it started to feel progressively more rushed and the result was every problem lacking impact because it'd be flawlessly solved in a single episode. But I mean, they had to be rushing because something important needed to be squeezed in.... right?

Nope, just a bunch of recaps and side content. What a waste of potential.
Mar 25, 2019 2:08 PM

Apr 2015
I was expecting a background story on how Veldora got sealed in that cafe, this was disappointing. Either way as many has already stated here, story ended 2 episodes ago. My rating for that is a 8/10. Really good Anime with great world buidling.
Mar 25, 2019 2:11 PM
Feb 2019
Who cares if this was just a recap. It was freaking hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lead the way, take me home...
Mar 25, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2018
I think the anime should have ended in episode 23

Seriously, why did they think it was a good idea to end the anime with a recap?

Still, i give it a 9 tho

Mar 25, 2019 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
I have to agree that the series was interesting to a point. I liked this Isekei at the beginning but as the series progresses it really lost its footing. This last episode was as many have said a huge disappointment . I hopped when it startered that even if it was a filler episode that we would get more animation of Veldora and Ifreit but what we got was that long winded wined up of the season.

Still score this at 73 on my scale as I liked that fact that it was an original ideal for an Isekei.

Tia

Mar 25, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2016
i can see why people really hate this episode but tbh i was enjoying every bit of it. hearing veldora and ifrit just chatting as if nothing is going on is just funny hahaha
Mar 25, 2019 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
Qrow_Branwen42 said:
Who cares if this was just a recap. It was freaking hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lead the way, take me home...

People who have standards, for a starter.
Mar 25, 2019 2:26 PM
Aug 2016
The show will really has this episode as a final ?
disappointing.
The hype around the student of Shizue and about Diablo is cool, waiting for the next season
This episode was fun and all but still, it didn't bring that much of new information, just a cheap recap with old scenes
Mar 25, 2019 2:29 PM

Dec 2016
So a recap episode but with Veldora playing shogi. It would have been so much better without the recap on the screen the whole time.

Ep: 3.5/5
Whole show: 6.9/10
Mar 25, 2019 2:37 PM

May 2018
Ouch, that was so low effort, it wouldn't even compare to a normal recap episode.
I'd drop the total score of the anime by 1 if I'd count that one, but...let's just forget about ep 25.

7/10 , for once, a fresh slice of life-like take-on on the isekai genre.
Mar 25, 2019 2:43 PM

Jul 2016
are some people actually getting up and arms at the entire show because of some shitty filler final episodes?
Mar 25, 2019 2:44 PM

Oct 2017
Can't say I'm a big fan of recap episodes, but hey, at least it added something new and didn't just regurgitate everything that happened so far.
Mar 25, 2019 2:59 PM

Jul 2016
I'm gonna miss this, it was more entertaining than Index 3.
Guess I'll start reading it. Remember when first saw a manga about a fucking slime found it ridiculous and ignored it, but after reading other Isekai like the house, the onsen, the egg and the spider, it doesn't sound that bad, lmao.
Mar 25, 2019 3:20 PM

Feb 2014
I won't deny that the last episode felt more of a final episode than this one, even though it was still an extra episode in itself.

Recaps in general aren't that liked in this community anyway. Despite that, just hearing Veldora and Ifrit talk away about Rimuru's adventures while playing shogi was still fun. Veldora saying words like "Awesomesauce!" and calling himself "Veldoityourself!" was amusing and had me chuckling quite often. But it certainly had a feeling of a radio show in an episode format with recap scenes, so even though it was fun, the episode felt more like episode 24.5 more than anything.

Regardless, this slight disappointment doesn't hurt what I like about this show and its whole premise. Rimuru has been a great protagonist and his ideals and approach to many scenarios have been entertaining and refreshing. Heck, almost all of the main and side cast have been great.

The only other shows that I've watched from 8bit have been Rewrite season 1 and 2 and compared to that, Slime just has a better visual quality to me and is also animated far better as well. Sure, it's not perfect, but it has been very consistent and certain shows from this season, as well as last season, haven't been able to maintain their visual quality that much, so good job 8bit. =3

Despite the recap episode, I'll still give this show a 9/10. One episode shouldn't spoil the whole season like that. It's too much of a knee-jerk reaction, if you ask me. Either way, I'll wait here patiently for the upcoming OVA and second season when they eventually come out! ^_^
Mar 25, 2019 3:22 PM
Aug 2017
Not gonna lie, altough this episode is practically a recap epiosde of the whole show, i really enjoyed Veldora and Ifrit talk.
Mar 25, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2016
As an OVA or summary this was okay, but as a last episode of the season? this was underwhelming.

I like the story in many cases, somethimes the humour is not mine and the demon lords (Milim, Ramiris) are horrible, but i still like it in general.

Whole anime: 7/10
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Mar 25, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2013
so is this 24.5 or 25? according to HorribleSubs it's a recap episode! does this mean there is one more ride next week?
Mar 25, 2019 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
So that Ifrit-Veldora meeting all the way back is a set up for... a recap episode?

The show isn't bad overall. It's competently made and is enjoyable, but that's all I can say about it. There's nothing new or special, just a bog standard Isekai with an acceptable production value.

6/10
Mar 25, 2019 4:07 PM
Apr 2016
Seems like we got the show from Veldora's point of views. Veldora really likes shogi, haha, he's so prideful though. Boring episode, decent anime.
Mar 25, 2019 4:09 PM

Oct 2008
Not fond of a recap for the last episode. They should have just ended it with 24 which seemed like a good pre for next season.

Overall, was quite enjoyable for me. Great art and solid animation throughout. Didn't like the whole Rimuru being the narrator thing though, would have been much better if they integrated a lot of his "this and that happened" into some character interactions to give some personality to characters that barely got any screen time.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» This recap wasn't boring

giraffesyo - Mar 29, 2019

9 by DiamondTMZ »»
Mar 31, 9:41 AM

» the recap was pretty boring

dokuseiz - Mar 26, 2019

12 by sharosharo »»
May 22, 2021 5:14 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.