Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 10, 2019 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got introduced to a bunch of characters already.

The episode felt like watching a storybook adventure tbh even with some of the graphic narratives. I'm honestly more interested about the world rather than the characters at the moment. But maybe with given time, they can develop them?

Looks like the episode had some themes related to Red Riding Hood. I wonder how many other classic fantasy stories the show will focus on.
Jan 11, 2019 6:45 AM
Jan 2019
is anyone subbing this?
Jan 11, 2019 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
For holy grail sake, they skipped cinderella world, the first and most important. Also, they cleared red riding hood world in 1 ep wtf. Looks like it is on the fast track to trainwreck.

On the bright side, it's the special ep.1 ED. Mirai kodai gakudan did amazing work again feat dazbee, now with "Hero's Psalm".

I played the game, and this adaptation terribly wrong, as expected. Dropped as next week they replaced the ending, means nothing good left.
MistralistJan 12, 2019 1:33 PM

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jan 11, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2017
Not on crunchyroll. No fansub either.
Jan 11, 2019 3:12 PM

Jul 2017
As is with every game adaptation, yes to story and no to characters...

This is gonna be the Million Arthur of the season....
Jan 11, 2019 9:55 PM

Apr 2017
This show looked interesting at first glance, but I'm not sure how I feel about it after watching the first episode.
I feel like it just threw us into the middle of an ongoing story with very little information, but enough to understand the gist of everything going on. The world seems really interesting and assuming it just the main little group running around from story to story, it might be a really cool story. But then again, as a first episode, it wasn't all that interesting. It seemed like everything went a little fast and nothing was really introduced or explained as well as it could have been. It just seems like a half thought up story in a world with so much potential. Perhaps future episodes will pull me in a bit more.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Jan 11, 2019 11:31 PM

Dec 2015
*Main dude transforms into a chick, and one of the girls transforms into a dude*

What in the ever loving fuck was that?? This anime could have had potential, but it already messed up in not only a cohesive narrative, but the transformations were beyond retarded too. The whole genderswapping stuff needs to die.
Jan 11, 2019 11:41 PM

Nov 2018
This is so much better than I was expecting it to be. The characters are so nice and I'm happy the red riding hood story got resolved well. Also I thought the animation looked really pretty. I guess this is one of the few shows I'm picking up this season.
I kinda want to play the game now.
Jan 12, 2019 12:23 AM

Aug 2012
Hylianticipated said:
*Main dude transforms into a chick, and one of the girls transforms into a dude*

What in the ever loving fuck was that?? This anime could have had potential, but it already messed up in not only a cohesive narrative, but the transformations were beyond retarded too. The whole genderswapping stuff needs to die.
I am not against gender swapping but there has to be a reason for it . For instance there was an anime where a guy got turned into a magical girl. https://myanimelist.net/anime/8841/Kore_wa_Zombie_Desu_ka And it was funny like hell. But this is just to please snow flakes. Also the whole premise is kinda stupid. Repeating the same story over and over is hell. I cannot support the protagonists as I see the chaos writers as the good guys. The whole everyone knows their fate thing was done much better in https://myanimelist.net/anime/4884/Tales_of_the_Abyss. So drop
Jan 12, 2019 1:23 AM
Mar 2018
Just tell me how much out of the book isekai and Re:Creators this is...
Jan 12, 2019 2:00 AM
Nov 2017
Once they got to the village, this was in my head the rest of the way...
DarkAuditJan 12, 2019 2:04 AM
Jan 12, 2019 5:41 AM

Apr 2013
What's up with this low quality MMO RPG kindom hearts?
Jan 12, 2019 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
Is this show sponsored by a religious organisation? Because the morals are completely screwed up. The world is the worst thing I could imagine, some supernatural dictator gives you a book at birth and you can't get away from whatever fate brings your way. Those lucky enough who have a blank book go around forcing others to comply. so pretty much like the clergy. Never dropped a show after the first episode but this show pushed my buttons.
Jan 12, 2019 7:04 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm that was a pretty good OP from Ayana that matched well with the visuals. Quite the hostile reception they got from the village though. So the village is the home of the red riding hood huh. Shane's nature sure did a 180 when she found something she liked. To think that Riding hood was the main villain though what a twist. Guess her resentment of the villagers was taken advantaged off. The teams transformation and their fight against transformed Red was pretty fun. Reina's magic though was beautiful. A decent first ep that did well in not just introducing the setting and the cast but also show a new take on fairy tale characters like Red Riding hood and the struggles that they may have.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2019 7:43 AM

Aug 2016
This show basically dropped us into the middle of and already ongoing story. Not to mention those transformations were god awful. the characters already seem like they going to be bare bones. I was actually expecting something decent out of this, but I guess that was a little too much.
Let's all have fun and play together.
Jan 12, 2019 7:59 AM

Nov 2016
The best take on Red Riding Hood I've seen yet xD

The premise is pretty interesting, curious to see how this goes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2019 8:42 AM
Jan 2019
Kingdom hearts vibe ❤️
Jan 12, 2019 9:11 AM
Feb 2018
Its not half bad. Sure, they dropped us in the middle of an arc and finished it in one episode but I dont think that decision was necessary bad. I love the OP and the soundtrack and the animation was pretty solid. Overall, it has potential and its a good watch so far
Jan 12, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2012
I thought it was pretty fun but I can already tell it'll probably never be great and it's surely destined for a 6-rating. Will be fun to meet some of the 'fairy tale' characters.
Jan 12, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 2014
Shane doing stuff Shane does is just <3

I wonder what are they thinking by dropping us inside an ongoing arc?
I wonder if they just put this episode first for action sake? Or bcs they want the empty book as center of the plot (unlike in the game, where it's a plot device to get the MC into the story)?

ps.: Also, Ex, for the lack of better name. =D
Jan 12, 2019 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
An insult to Grimm universe... wonder who wrote this garbage?
Jan 12, 2019 10:20 AM

May 2010
Absolute garbage first episode.
Jan 12, 2019 10:45 AM

Jan 2019
Hylianticipated said:

Why is that something important tho? lol
Jan 12, 2019 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
Wow..so everyone fates are already decided..... kinda darkkk.... really love the concept
Jan 12, 2019 2:56 PM
Nov 2018
Tgis was a somehow interesting episode, the fight was awesome and the ending was good so it can be enjoyed but still let's hope it gets better than this.
Jan 12, 2019 3:08 PM
Oct 2018
Any romance in this anime?
Jan 12, 2019 3:57 PM

Feb 2014
Bingki-san said:
Any romance in this anime?

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
Jan 12, 2019 4:04 PM
Oct 2018
Thanks.
I was wondering if this gonna be tales of zestiria v2. I'll give it a try...
Jan 12, 2019 5:17 PM

Mar 2009
Is this the Merc Storia of the Winter anime season? Reminds me of Princess Tutu, in a way.

Might be interesting if this ends up a deconstruction of fairy tales. We'll see.
Jan 12, 2019 5:42 PM

Feb 2018
Kerozinn said:
really? How made this garbage?
Jan 12, 2019 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
It was okayish!
the protags are the protectors and regulators of Fairy Tales/Storytellers...
It's like Touken Ranbu Fairy Tale mode! lolz
3/5.

Jan 13, 2019 12:34 AM

Dec 2015
Kerozinn said:

Agreed. This anime is a mess.
Jan 13, 2019 12:35 AM

Dec 2015
RottenOrange said:
Hylianticipated said:

Because it’s gay and stupid.
Jan 13, 2019 5:51 AM

Jan 2019
Hylianticipated said:
RottenOrange said:

Because it’s gay and stupid.

I don't see any correlation, but meh.
Jan 13, 2019 6:24 AM

May 2012
Unlike many here, I did enjoy the 1st episode. Not best anime, but it was entertaining to watch
Jan 13, 2019 6:36 AM

Mar 2017
Their transformation looked like a fairy tale power ranger show lol.
Need to get used to the voice of some characters. The world setting is interesting. Few annoying characters. Focusing on a lot of classic fantasy stories.
Ending theme was catchy. Animation sucks is borderline decent.
Jan 13, 2019 9:02 AM

Apr 2011
I've never had a premise be so intriguing and the story itself be so uninteresting. The chara-designs are bland garbage, the OP was a generic-as-fuck pop song (I'm pretty sure I've heard that song before, that's how generic it was) and just.... what? Sorry, I expected this to be bad, turned out to be terrible instead. It's clear the studio doesn't give two shits about this anime.
Jan 13, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2014
Minar-kyun said:
Need to get used to the voice of some characters. The world setting is interesting. Few annoying characters. Focusing on a lot of classic fantasy stories.

The ending and epilogue in the end are the only content that have 50% of the game quality. But next week they'll replace it with cheap idol ed, so why bother keep watching it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
Jan 13, 2019 9:45 AM

Mar 2017
Mistralist said:
Minar-kyun said:

The ending and epilogue in the end are the only content that have 50% of the game quality. But next week they'll replace it with cheap idol ed, so why bother keep watching it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah. I'm wondering if I should play the game instead. Then again I think I should invest my time playing better games.
Jan 13, 2019 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
Minar-kyun said:
Mistralist said:

Yeah. I'm wondering if I should play the game instead. Then again I think I should invest my time playing better games.

Nah I don't think so, unless you understand moonrunes.

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
Jan 13, 2019 10:03 AM

Mar 2017
[quote=Mistralist][quote=Minar-kyun]
Mistralist said:
Minar-kyun said:
Need to get used to the voice of some characters. The world setting is interesting. Few annoying ch

Nah I don't think so, unless you understand moonrunes.
I thought it had an English version 🤔 Guess not then.
Jan 14, 2019 1:11 AM

Jul 2012
Nice premise but it otherwise feels a bit generic.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Jan 14, 2019 7:51 AM
Mar 2017
The story looks interesting, I do not know the game, but at least I liked the idea that the heroes use the characters of children's stories to protect the continuity of a story.
Another interesting detail is that the characters have their own book and that what is written in the book is their destiny (it also seemed a bit sad)
I found it interesting that the MC book is blank, it means that it has more freedom than its teammates, in addition to its name is EX and that catches my attention too. Another character that kept me interested was Shane, she reminded me a bit of Megumin, at least in how she described the hunter's rifle with such detail and her face of joy at having it in her hands.
I loved seeing the heroine of the story they were in, becoming the villain, seeing red riding hood become an evil being with the appearance of the big bad wolf was great, the battle was interesting, at least we already know the functions of the 4 members and their characters in which they are transformed.
To be the first episode was not bad, I think I will continue with the two episodes that come to form a better opinion and contemplate this anime better.
Jan 14, 2019 8:52 AM

May 2009
Story is dumb but Brain's Base suprised me with good animation, they didn't have it since half of staff left to create Shuka.
Jan 15, 2019 5:54 PM

Oct 2015
I for one thought it was good and better than some of the opening episodes I've watched so far. I will stick with it gladly with a smile because it seems interesting.

I wonder how did they transform into those fairy tale people, especially the protagonist Ex who's Alice? It is different from the anime transformations I've seen so far except on mahou shoujo. I think I will like it, so let's go baby!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 16, 2019 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
I liked this. I think they threw us into the first episode without much explanation, since they're saving that for the next episode. Or at the very least, we might get a flashback on how these four came together to help save people.

Outside of that, I thought it was a pretty good beginning. I'm glad that I decided to check this out.
Jan 17, 2019 3:13 PM

Nov 2009
so... apparently we got genderbending thing going on...

The male turn into girl, and the other girl turn into guy...

Why couldn't they just go with the guy becoming the Hunter and the girl become Alice? Why the genderbend? is this some sort of Doujin Fetish?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 17, 2019 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
Man, that was pretty painful to watch
Jan 18, 2019 9:43 PM

Dec 2016
This was a lot better than I thought it would be.

I liked the action and the story it told.

A nice twist for the grimm's tales, we also got a glimpse of what could be a major villain.
Jan 19, 2019 3:43 AM

Oct 2017
I went into it with medium expectations and came back devastated because it wasn't even able to match my medium expectations. at a certain point I just started laughing at everything because it was so silly. absolutely dropped, but I wish you the best, grimm notes the animation
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» any memorable quotes from this anime?

KawaseGawa - Nov 14, 2021

3 by KawaseGawa »»
Nov 14, 2021 9:05 PM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2019

18 by Janethan23 »»
Aug 1, 2021 5:27 PM

» the song name in the last episode?

ibraheem234 - Mar 31, 2019

3 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
Sep 7, 2020 1:02 PM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

20 by Magito »»
Aug 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Poll: » Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

4 by Magito »»
Aug 23, 2019 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.