Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2015 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
An otherwise typical samurai story, embellished by the subtle storytelling and eccentric art. Even being used to Matsumoto's art, this was a completely different experience. The happy end was a pleasant surprise considering the conclusions of similar work. Good stuff.
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 7, 2016 8:49 AM

Sep 2015
While the core story is fairly simple everything works so well, providing an amazing reading experience. Hopefully this manga gets more exposure as it truly is great.
Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier
Jul 31, 2016 5:28 PM
Aug 2011
Oh my what a fantastic manga. It was an experience for sure and it will earn a spot in my faves.
I loved how there were panels and panels without dialogue, a very show but don't tell approach.

The art was actually amazing as well.
Not that I was put off by it but I do recall thinking 'this will take getting used to...' and yet here at the end i'm left thinking that no other artstyle would have worked as well as this.
Sep 19, 2018 6:54 AM
Jan 2015
I would've been interested in more of a flashback to kikuchi's life. I wonder why he starved himself? Possibly some kind of contrast to his love of rain and water.
Aug 10, 2021 8:18 PM

Feb 2016
quite the lackluster ending for an otherwise consistently great manga. him surviving kinda nullifies his last moments with each key character...

still one of the best things i've read in a long while though
Oct 13, 2022 10:54 PM
Nov 2014
i loved how kikuchi starved himself to go back to his younger days when he was famished and waiting for rain turning the ground into black mud
Oct 26, 2023 3:28 PM

Aug 2017
Meshi is awesome lol, love its antics. Lovely read overall, Matsumoto's panel composition and art are breathtaking (I especially loved the panel with Sou leaving Katsu and closing the door). The whole art felt like Picasso but in manga form, as far as faces go at least.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Takemitsuzamurai Chapter 55 Discussion

PEAKE-PEAKE - Oct 14, 2022

0 by PEAKE-PEAKE »»
Oct 14, 2022 4:27 PM

» Wrong Genre

ItachiDxD - Jul 3, 2021

4 by ItachiDxD »»
Jul 3, 2021 4:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.