Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 9, 2018 11:47 AM

Oct 2012
Good start! It seems this would be interesting romance. And one can be almost certain the blond guy ends with redhead.

I also liked those little hints everywhere, hidden for careful viewer. So what do we know so far?

- She is Luxembourg princess slated to inherit the throne and her trip to Japan is probably for marriage talks.
- Protagonist's parents died in aircrash.
- The main actor for Rainbow samurai is visitor of their cafe.

So far so good, characters are likeable and the comedy seems good.
Mich666Apr 9, 2018 11:55 AM
Apr 9, 2018 2:17 PM

Apr 2017
I thought all of the characters where nice, overall pretty dope.
Apr 9, 2018 5:16 PM

Jun 2015
It has a nice tone, hope it isn't as cliche as it seems.
Liked it.
Apr 9, 2018 9:38 PM
Jan 2016
Promising first episode, I really enjoyed this, Teresa so cute!

Reina_Orikasa said:
Super promising episode 1 so far.

She kinda looks like Zena from Death March.

Omg I thought the same, she looks like Zena!
Apr 9, 2018 10:44 PM

Dec 2016
Seems like it's going to be a real nice and slow slice of life/comedy/romance show. Looks pretty solid so far
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 12, 2018 4:24 AM

Feb 2017
2Matt said:
wow, they wasted a lot of their time doing nothing. theyre trying to have that blode guy carry the humor but hes not that funny.

dont be too harsh on em dude, you're just haters.

I really like episode where nothing fucking happened and we didn't really get anywhere at all.
Apr 12, 2018 8:57 AM
Nov 2017
This anime looks really good so far. I'll watch it till the end for sure.
Also, the OP is so frikin funky, I LOVE IT!!!
Apr 12, 2018 8:57 AM

Mar 2014
This anime is brought to you by Nikon...and Sony?

But really though Canon > Nikon

Aside from that I enjoyed the episode overall.
Apr 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
Actually, I was expecting something more from this first episode, however the narration was quite entertaining, the narcissist blond is very funny. XD
Apr 12, 2018 11:21 AM
Feb 2016
does anyone know where this is licsened in the U.S.?
Apr 12, 2018 5:30 PM

Jun 2017
nina444 said:
2Matt said:
wow, they wasted a lot of their time doing nothing. theyre trying to have that blode guy carry the humor but hes not that funny.

I really like episode where nothing fucking happened and we didn't really get anywhere at all.
'
Lol. Romance is my favorite genre so I give it a lot of passes it doesn't deserve but I am not going to lie. I've seen tons of these shows and this one probably won't be anything special. Perhaps if you get deeper down into the anime romance rabbit hole you'll understand.

In the mean time, you're plenty entitled to enjoy this show. Just don't dismiss any negative comments as "hating" without considering their viewpoint for a minute: it will make you a better critical thinker in the long run.
Apr 12, 2018 8:26 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Teresa look similar to Zena from death march lol.
Apr 13, 2018 7:03 AM

Apr 2018
Is this anime worth watching? Is it cliche?
Apr 13, 2018 8:06 PM

Mar 2017
watching the first episode gave me the Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun vibes ♥
I definitely think that this will be worth the watch c:

EDIT:
i really love the opening song!!

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 13, 2018 10:10 PM
May 2014
the gag of the red haired chick being hostile towards the blond hair guy was way too played out.

Pretty boring episode overall. I dont know if its worth continuing
Apr 16, 2018 10:06 AM

Jan 2008
Seems very... bland? Comedy was nothing new. Based on the premise I somehow thought there might be some interesting characters but everyone introduced seems like just another copy of ones I've seen many times before, their interactions were just boring. Teresa "the foreigner" has nothing foreign/new about her either, in fact her whole demeanor seems very typical Japanese protagonist-ish. All sweet and smiling, a bit of an airhead. I bet her only "darkness" comes from not wanting to be an heir to whatever or something like that. Blah? o_O
Apr 16, 2018 8:04 PM

Feb 2017
2Matt said:
nina444 said:

'
Lol. Romance is my favorite genre so I give it a lot of passes it doesn't deserve but I am not going to lie. I've seen tons of these shows and this one probably won't be anything special. Perhaps if you get deeper down into the anime romance rabbit hole you'll understand.

In the mean time, you're plenty entitled to enjoy this show. Just don't dismiss any negative comments as "hating" without considering their viewpoint for a minute: it will make you a better critical thinker in the long run.

dont get me wrong, just cuz I dislike this anime it doesn't necessarily mean I hate the genre.
what a stereotypical n shallow way of thinking u have there lol
you literally just like this anime,
mundane n obnoxious asf.

you said uve watched shitton of anime like these already,
but still this shit didn't even faze u?
what a psycho~ Im impressed
Apr 17, 2018 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
I watch a show like this every few seasons, and I'm glad I decided to pick this one up. I like it when there is an unenthusiastic character grouped up with a bunch of enthusiastic ones. Also fat Neko Neko.
Apr 19, 2018 6:45 AM

Sep 2016
There's lots of good stuff to say about the episode. It just felt so much like Dogs Kobo's other work Gekkan shoujo Nozaki-kun which was a brilliant show as well.

So far really impressed. Although unlike Nozaki-kun, we have an airhead instead of a somewhat "straight woman". Many of the characters have a strong resemblance with the show and I'm loving every bit of it.

Although many parts felt cliched like how they kept on meeting each other at first I'm willing to overlook it this once. Really fun show so far. Can't wait to see more!

Also... Something I find really concerning is the possiblity that she's a princess or the daughter of a huge business man cause Alec was going "-sama" a lot. Haven't read the source so don't know if this is true but if yes then that will be a bit disappointing. If it's absolutely necessary that this should happen then I really hope there's no "met in the past" BS or so cause that will be an instant turnoff for me... Don't do this to me Tada-kun, I so far have an overall positive look on the show...
Apr 20, 2018 1:45 AM

Apr 2015
Could have loved this if the girl isn't a westerner. Alas..
Apr 20, 2018 5:47 AM
May 2017
Tada Never Falls in Love, because in the end Golgo 13 killed the only woman he could ever love. RIP Teresa
Apr 20, 2018 9:39 AM
Apr 2018
Teresa and Alec really really look Similar like Ayase Eri and Nishikino Maki (Love Live). Especially Alec, Cloning of Maki, but she isnt Tsundere
Apr 23, 2018 12:03 AM

Mar 2012
cliches are not necessarily bad when they're well executed and this seems to be the case here. yes, it is insanely predictable and we've all seen it before, but i don't think originality is what this is aiming for. it's a cute lighthearted show and i appreciate it a lot for what it is.
i just find it funny when people keep complaining about overused anime tropes on titles like this and end up watching the same dark edgy stuff with yanderes and tsunderes all over the place, or harem ecchi shows, or the classic self insertion good for nothing MC that has everything to happen for them out of nowhere. not every season we get things like this and it is refreshing already just because of that. and to be honest, with this much anime coming out every season we hardly are gonna get a lot of super original titles.
this probably was one of my favorite first episodes this season and i'm gonna stick with it, i think.
Apr 24, 2018 2:35 AM

Jan 2016
loving this anime <3
Apr 27, 2018 6:55 PM

Jun 2013
Nyanko Big is the main star of the show. Kidding aside, I’m looking forward on how the story will progress. Kaoru’s reactions are quite funny too. I’m greatly enjoying this so far!
Apr 28, 2018 3:22 AM

Dec 2015
She's a princess! Nice laid back series, art style and animation is solid.
~
May 6, 2018 11:48 AM

Jun 2012
I feel it's kinda boring tbh. Since I don't drop any series, will watch the rest. Maybe my opinion would change.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Aug 8, 2018 9:30 PM

May 2012
Very lovely start of this series if you ask me, really captures some really lovely slice of life with already a nice introduction of the main cast of this series and their specific characteristics!

Already feel that I'll going to like this series and I do feel there's a deeper connection between the characters that is already being foreshadowed here. But well let's see what this series will offer!
Aug 16, 2018 5:11 AM

Nov 2014
This Spring was really great for Romance/romcom fans, this series was one of romcom besides 3d kanojo and wotakoi that i've been expected. for the 1st episode i think it's already great and enjoyable,

i think it's quite a light for romance but it seems they will be heavier drama impact toward the end of this series ( looking by inter-nationally romance relationship that i guess'll be happen in the future)
Oct 1, 2018 11:15 AM

Aug 2016
Titan0079 said:
Tada Never Falls in Love, because in the end Golgo 13 killed the only woman he could ever love. RIP Teresa

Lmao when I saw him in the cafe I was so confused! I never realized how his complete lack of a backstory makes him the perfect cameo in any anime set IRL.

This needs to be a running gag for other shows.

Also the OP reminded me of a sitcom and it helped set the relaxed mood of the show
Oct 2, 2018 5:32 PM
Dec 2015
The pervy cat is already a fave!
Mar 15, 2019 2:32 AM

Jun 2011
pretty cute and light hearted so far, but hopefully we get more focus on the protagonist and the blonde haired girl from now on
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 3, 2019 1:09 AM

Aug 2017
3/5. Alec is more attractive than main girl. Seems like main girl has a secret, maybe she's a princess or something.
Jan 15, 2020 1:53 PM

Oct 2018
Cliche after cliche... Cliche overload.
Sep 10, 2020 3:52 PM

May 2013
First episode is booooorrrrrrringgggggggg. I got major Clannad vibes-- also boring (and overrated.)

.-.

I have a 3 episode drop policy tho, so they've got 2 more to impress me.
May 11, 2021 5:33 PM

Jan 2021
I've been to Luxembourg!! It's so charming.. ^.^ Although I think they are going for a fictional country here. Obviously she's a princess or something.

I will continue watching this in the hope that there is some romance. I know everyone loved Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, but it bored me to death and I actually forced myself to finish it. I feel that it promised something it did NOT deliver (ROMANCE!).

I kept watching and waiting for it, and it literally never happened. The fireworks scene pissed me off to no end lol

This show better be different.

Jul 20, 2021 3:48 AM

Aug 2017
It looks cute and lighthearted but very generic. I hope im wrong and if they do something generic, I hope its watchable.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 21, 2021 3:36 PM
Jun 2021
I just watched the first episode in English Sub. So here are my super brief thoughts.

*Spoilers*

They met uncoincidentally so many times, like they met up like 4 times. However, I do like the mix of characters, especially the cat. The way it was presented I thought that Teresa was some sort of princess and Alec was like a super bodyguard. Also, Alec was a pretty weird nickname for someone called Alexandra. However, I probably going to carry on watching it because why not :)
Aug 9, 2021 3:06 PM

Jul 2019
Wow. This looks like something I'd enjoy. A ton of fun tbh. Don't really care about the clichés I am easy to impress.

Want to see how far this goes.
Sep 30, 2021 8:14 AM
Nov 2019
Inorin's laughs is so adorable
Sep 12, 2022 10:09 AM
Nov 2013
t'was good n cute!
Mar 22, 5:04 PM

Mar 2019
Definitely felt myself become one with my chair during this episode but also laughed a good amount of times. Great start for a nice comedy slice of life anime, lol.

The opening is amazing but it seems like each character has a certain backstory to them so I can't wait to see more.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 14, 8:30 PM
Feb 2014
Golgo 13 chilling at the ☕️ shop before a job.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

59 by okiimal123 »»
Sep 26, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ReaperCreeper - Aug 8, 2018

77 by Seventy7Far »»
May 25, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

13 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 11 Discussion

12 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 30, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 28, 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.