Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2009 11:50 AM
Aug 2009
God the part with the "food" scared me half to death O_o its been a while since I felt this much unpleasant...last time I watched higurashi first time ^_^
Good episode 6of5 points :)
Sep 10, 2009 12:06 PM
Dec 2007
Keykeyoh said:

I really enjoyed this ep, can't wait for the next arc, but I wonder how many witches will end up showing up by the end :S

At the moment, the 'fantasy' side eclipses the human side.

As of the fifth game, I think that there are about 28 fantasy creatures. You've seen six so far. Beatrice, Bernkastel, Lambdadelta, Asmodeus, Satan, and the goats.
Sep 10, 2009 12:08 PM

Jun 2008
maybe you should put that in a spoiler tag
Sep 10, 2009 12:43 PM

Jul 2008
>.> lambdadelta's speech was kinda...short.

Sep 10, 2009 12:50 PM

Mar 2009
haven't played the game .. anime's become 99% crack to me :), but I like this crack :)
Sep 10, 2009 1:25 PM

Jun 2007
garfield15 said:
While I have no qualms since I haven't played the VN, I really want to see that scene that everybody's talking about where Beato's head gets smashed into a table.

After the cow tit line.
Sep 10, 2009 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
Battler's lines at the end of the episode were so lolz. Now it's Bernkastel vs Beatrice eh? Very interesting indeed.
Sep 10, 2009 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
here's the most suspicious poll for EP2 http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub2/kekka.htm
Sep 10, 2009 1:52 PM

May 2008
Umm, okay, so how come the piece Battler and the other, "original" Battler are so different? The "original" one disappeared then came back, but the piece one totally gave up. And I guess that means it doesn't matter if the piece Battler gives up, it has to be the "original" Battler giving up?

Also, saw that 9 minute video on first page that was from the game, and I have to say that what I gathered was Bern was once in a similar situation as Battler, then she gained witch powers?
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Sep 10, 2009 1:52 PM

Jul 2007
Uh.. who exactly is Lambda ? (is she from another anime or something...) because after reading these 4 pages of comments ... it feels like people were already expecting her to "pop" up and I had no clue who the heck she was

well ... unless you all played the VN ... lol
Sep 10, 2009 1:55 PM

Jun 2008
Lambdadelta is the blonde-haired witch who showed up at the end
Sep 10, 2009 1:59 PM

Jun 2007
neverless said:
Uh.. who exactly is Lambda ? (is she from another anime or something...) because after reading these 4 pages of comments ... it feels like people were already expecting her to "pop" up and I had no clue who the heck she was

well ... unless you all played the VN ... lol

Lambdadelta is the witch of Certainty. She has the power to succeed 99% of the time. In the past, she played a game against Bernkastel (the power to always keep trying) and lost. It's heavily implied that that game was Higurashi. Lambda's ability to kill Rika 99% of the time and Bernkastel's power to give Rika near infinite chances.
LunarEmeraldSep 10, 2009 3:19 PM
Sep 10, 2009 2:00 PM

Dec 2007
hirahira said:
here's the most suspicious poll for EP2 http://when-they-cry.net/Cgi/vote/umi_doub2/kekka.htm

lol, Mackerel.
Sep 10, 2009 2:08 PM

Jul 2008
lolz at Battler's lines near the end
and dam yummy =D
and so the game starts all over again?
Sep 10, 2009 2:27 PM

Feb 2009
This is way way way too much rushed...
VN was 20 times better...
Sep 10, 2009 2:41 PM
Apr 2009
MarthX said:
garfield15 said:
While I have no qualms since I haven't played the VN, I really want to see that scene that everybody's talking about where Beato's head gets smashed into a table.

After the cow tit line.

FUCK YEAH.
This episode was somewhat awesome, still wanted to see some stuff animated, but I give it a 4/5.
DenwaSep 10, 2009 2:45 PM
Sep 10, 2009 2:46 PM

Nov 2007
Lambda is finally introduced.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 10, 2009 3:09 PM

Feb 2009
A ridiculous episode, but not like that's a bad thing. I rather enjoyed going wtf a lot lol.

Really wish they had kept the part with Beato getting her face smashed into the table, that would have left an amazing effect on the closure of this arc.

Also, lol cow tits.
Sep 10, 2009 3:19 PM

Aug 2007
I actually had a lot to say, as usual, but Battler's lines completely threw me off with lulz.

"Maria, it's ten years too early for you to tell someone to eat you. But make sure you tell me that ten years from now, okay?"

lmao forever.

Also, Beatrice seems a bit childish... She's just ridiculous.
Sep 10, 2009 3:29 PM
Mar 2008
MarthX said:
Lambdadelta is the witch of Certainty. She has the power to succeed 99% of the time.

I thought Lambda had the power to succeed 100% of the time.
Sep 10, 2009 3:42 PM

Jul 2009
If Lambda can success 100% of the time, how can Bern win against her :D
Sep 10, 2009 3:53 PM

Aug 2009
MarthX said:
garfield15 said:

After the cow tit line.
Shoot. That sounds awesome.
MarthX said:

Lambdadelta is the witch of Certainty. She has the power to succeed 99% of the time. In the past, she played a game against Bernkastel (the power to always keep trying) and lost. It's heavily implied that that game was Higurashi. Lambda's ability to kill Rika 99% of the time and Bernkastel's power to give Rika near infinite chances.
Okay, I'm starting to get how this anime works now. Not completely but it's getting there.

Can I just echo how awesome Beato's seiyuu is. The beginning of the episode was spectacular work.
Sep 10, 2009 4:00 PM

May 2008
I love this anime just for the sheer amount of bizarre
Sep 10, 2009 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
4kicks said:
it's a horror anime

No.
Sep 10, 2009 4:28 PM

Oct 2007
I see no redemption for this anime. hey guys look, bouncing stakes. In fact they bounce so much there no way George couldn't finish his sentence. I'm not even gonna go through all the other bullshit and inconsistencies this episode had cause quite frankly the majority of you guys here are blinded by your love for the visual novel, well actually the real reason is because I'm hungry.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2009 4:38 PM

Feb 2009
Metroid_Ex said:
I see no redemption for this anime.

Your redemption is shutting the hell up cause no one cares that all you do is bitch and moan about Umineko :)
Sep 10, 2009 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
Syl said:
Metroid_Ex said:

Your redemption is shutting the hell up cause no one cares that all you do is bitch and moan about Umineko :)
moan, no I laugh. I laugh at the stupidity of it. I laugh at the god awful script. I laugh at the pathetic characters, I laugh at the hundreds of inconsistencies in this piece of shit. Though I must admit, it is nowhere near as bad as Kurogane no Linebarrels.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2009 4:50 PM
Apr 2009
Metroid_Ex said:
Syl said:
Metroid_Ex said:

moan, no I laugh. I laugh at the stupidity of it. I laugh at the god awful script. I laugh at the pathetic characters, I laugh at the hundreds of inconsistencies in this piece of shit. Though I must admit, it is nowhere near as bad as Kurogane no Linebarrels.

lol uuuuuuuuu mad

PS: Fuck you.
Why do you even watch anime? Judging from your list, you hardly enjoy anything you watch. elitist prick.
DenwaSep 10, 2009 5:00 PM
Sep 10, 2009 4:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Veronin said:
4kicks said:
it's a horror anime

No.

This is not a horror anime. It's a mystery with a fantasy vs. mystery (and ultimately philosophical issues) theme.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 10, 2009 5:08 PM

Jun 2007
We all know people watch anime for the realism.
Sep 10, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
I'm just curious to see how Batler will actually be able to win against her, it looks pretty much one-sided.
-Fixing-
Sep 10, 2009 5:39 PM

Feb 2009
Ah man, that banquet was disgusting, such bad taste. xD

Anyway this is getting more and more interesting, now with Bernkastel and Lambdadelta joining the game seriously. Although I have no idea what that means. xD
Sep 10, 2009 5:40 PM

Jul 2007
Best episode so far! It made me glue my face to the monitor with the amount of stuff happening in a quick pace. Plus: Lambda finally appeared! Didn't really play the game, but it looks like things will get a lot more interesting from here. I just wish they animated the "nii-pah" part. >_>

Metroid_Ex said:

Amazingly enough, you don't laugh at Haruhi despite the fact it's stupid; has one of the worse main characters I ever seen and has cliché support characters: the quiet girl, the moe girl, the gay guy, and the guy who always complains about the world; has an equally nonsensical plot: OMG HARUHI IS
!!1!! And don't even get me started on inconsistences. Oh, and enjoy your Endless Eight. I heard it's an awesome arc. ;D

At least this anime makes you try solve the mistery. Haruhi only revolves around the fact Haruhi is this greater being for no apparent reason and therefore nothing needs to be explained. So if you like Haruhi, please cut the crap, k? I would find your opinion valid if you said "I don't like it because it's not my kind of anime" but with your current reasoning, you're only talking BS.
Sep 10, 2009 5:55 PM

Oct 2007
PsychFreak said:
Metroid_Ex said:

Okay, I respect your opinion and all, but everytime you post in this thread, you give out crappy one liners displaying your disgust for the anime. You never give a decent amount of input on why this episode is bad as you say. The stuff you are saying to explain it however is the same stuff every week.

If you're going to complain, give out the reasons why this episode was bad, and do the same for next week so we can have a decent argument instead just turning this into a troll argument.
it was not a one line, go back to page 4 and read post 80.
Syl just quoted part of my post
Sep 10, 2009 5:56 PM
Apr 2009
Metroid_Ex said:
Syl said:
Metroid_Ex said:

Yeah, this show is pretty fucking hilarious.
Sep 10, 2009 5:56 PM
Mar 2009
Metroid_Ex said:
PsychFreak said:
Metroid_Ex said:

Okay, I respect your opinion and all, but everytime you post in this thread, you give out crappy one liners displaying your disgust for the anime. You never give a decent amount of input on why this episode is bad as you say. The stuff you are saying to explain it however is the same stuff every week.

If you're going to complain, give out the reasons why this episode was bad, and do the same for next week so we can have a decent argument instead just turning this into a troll argument.
it was not a one line, go back to page 4 and read post 80.
Syl just quoted part of my post

Yeah I read, that's fine with me.
Sep 10, 2009 6:00 PM

Jan 2009
I liked this episode, poor Battler, that part of him must have been embarrest to be chained up naked.

Anyway, apparently, Battler likes loli's (from gg's subs)

[pics]

Those two lines are going to be be added to my all time favorite quotes.
Sep 10, 2009 6:04 PM
Mar 2009
It was in the VN too, so they're legit. I agree, that was one of the more funny lines I've heard from Battler.
Sep 10, 2009 6:05 PM

Jul 2009
If he likes loli, why waits ten years? XD
Sep 10, 2009 6:06 PM
Apr 2009
DenwaSep 10, 2009 6:11 PM
Sep 10, 2009 6:08 PM

Feb 2009
Jeez and here I thought Battler would put a descent fight I think I was hoping for too much.
Sep 10, 2009 6:11 PM

Dec 2008
Denwa said:

Spoilers? Kind of? It's from a game not yet animated, I believe... hm...
Sep 10, 2009 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
Denwa said:

He's just joking.
Battler likes flat-chest, it is truly a joke XD
Sep 10, 2009 6:12 PM
Mar 2009
4saken_762 said:
If he likes loli, why waits ten years? XD

Lol legal reasons obviously.
Sep 10, 2009 6:13 PM
Apr 2009
titanguy654 said:
Denwa said:

I wouldn't really consider it a spoiler unless if they look far too much into it. Spoiled anyways.
Sep 10, 2009 6:31 PM

Oct 2008
Despite not understanding that much, i really like the complexity of the series. I will have to play the VN someday as its sitting on my desktop just waiting to be started.. I wonder if we will get a new opening..
Sep 10, 2009 6:33 PM

Jun 2007
Denwa said:
titanguy654 said:
Denwa said:

I wouldn't really consider it a spoiler unless if they look far too much into it. Spoiled anyways.

The anime probably won't include that line anyway.
Sep 10, 2009 6:35 PM
Mar 2009
SilentFate said:
Despite not understanding that much, i really like the complexity of the series. I will have to play the VN someday as its sitting on my desktop just waiting to be started.. I wonder if we will get a new opening..

I'm assuming we will since the scenes in the current OP doesn't relate to the episodes that are coming up.
Sep 10, 2009 6:41 PM

Jan 2009
Though a little rushed, this episode didn't skip the best scenes and the series keeps getting better and better. Details are details, I don't care if Rosa kills one or ten goats with the gold bar or if she twists her ankle. I found it funny that they made the "George doesn't manage to say I love you" scene longer than in the VN.

Only thing lacking... the cut from Musou Rosa to Ushiromiya eating Rosa was crying for the Purgatorio intermission screen. Maria yukkuri made me lol.
Sep 10, 2009 7:03 PM

Apr 2007
Just watched it
they destroyed the Rosa-kicking-ass part which was one of my favorite scenes in the VN

PEN FREAKING WHERE?!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A(No-Other) Psychoanalytic Take on Umineko no Naku Koro ni

rawruwu - Oct 13

0 by rawruwu »»
Oct 13, 7:06 PM

» I want to watch it but...

cvbnm07 - Oct 12

7 by cvbnm07 »»
Oct 13, 11:23 AM

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

13 by Asudox »»
Oct 10, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

antidentite - Jul 15, 2009

215 by BlackStar_24 »»
Sep 29, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sii_Kei - Jul 8, 2009

312 by BlackStar_24 »»
Sep 29, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.