Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 22, 2017 2:19 PM

Feb 2008
A loli laundry mill... An exceedingly effective one...

Nevertheless, the episode was entertaining. Nerve gas is a rather ineffective method of assassination, though.
Aug 22, 2017 5:03 PM

Mar 2015
Atavistic said:
Wow, talk about a hell of a lot of sloppy spy work this episode, from the Princess buying the mill (seriously, how did that not break their cover?) to Dorothy not being remotely worried about that debt collector guy noticing her and blowing their cover as well, not to mention Chise beating up that guy without taking any precautions to prevent others from seeing her in action. Also, how convenient that the random soldier just so happened to give the bad guy's uniform in to be washed when the bad guy always washes it himself; you'd think he'd take more precautions to prevent such a thing from happening, but evidently not.

Also, I am not accepting a bullet-proof iron. That is bullshit of the highest caliber.

Those old-time irons were solid iron, nothing at all like today's electric irons. The plate was likely an inch thick, enough to deflect an unjacketed pistol bullet.

As for recognition, the bad guys had never met any of our girls. This episode happens before the episode in the morgue with Dorothy's Father. I had to go back and check the beginning of the episodes to make sure: check the Case Number and they tell you in what order the episodes happen.
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 23, 2017 7:47 AM
Jun 2017
Okouchi gone bonkers with the writing again, 'nuff said.
Aug 23, 2017 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode! So different yet so entertaining.
Glad that they managed to help the girls ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 23, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
Atavistic said:
Wow, talk about a hell of a lot of sloppy spy work this episode, from the Princess buying the mill (seriously, how did that not break their cover?) to Dorothy not being remotely worried about that debt collector guy noticing her and blowing their cover as well, not to mention Chise beating up that guy without taking any precautions to prevent others from seeing her in action. Also, how convenient that the random soldier just so happened to give the bad guy's uniform in to be washed when the bad guy always washes it himself; you'd think he'd take more precautions to prevent such a thing from happening, but evidently not.

Also, I am not accepting a bullet-proof iron. That is bullshit of the highest caliber.

THIS
Also I would expect some story development already, not independent filler like backstories and "adventures" like this episode
Still the worst one the princess buying laundry, and letting the girl go who saw everything, cover blown twice
Aug 23, 2017 1:27 PM
Oct 2009
It's not really a case of "cover blown" unless the other party has enough information to connect the dots in a dangerous way, rather than simply realize things are different from what they initially seemed.
Aug 23, 2017 4:26 PM
Aug 2015
That spy that was knocked out looked like an adult version of the Main Character from 91 days.
Aug 23, 2017 4:27 PM

Dec 2011
So with most of the backstory out of the way, and seeing our main cast at a high, i expect (hoping) things are going to take a sharp turn towards more serious matters and the plot will start to pick up pace. Not that I haven't been enjoying it so far, far from it. But I'm worried if we stick to the jumping around background/world building for much longer, we're going to lose steam hard. We have a good enough grasp on the world and our main crew to start pushing the plot forward heavily in my opinion.
Aug 23, 2017 4:43 PM

Mar 2015
L-Ryoshi said:
uchimaki131 said:

About that - This episode is Case 16 while the Case last week was 18 - Hence The foreman didn't recognise them :)

Actually, that's what I meant. If last week's case was after this one, then there would have been a possibility that the debt collectors would have seen them here, and hence recognized them in last week's episode.

It looked like the bad guys only interacted with the Princes and Ange, so they very well may not have recognized Beatrice and Dorothy.
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 23, 2017 5:56 PM
Oct 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if only the Duke has a little more idea about what the Princess is doing than what we've been led to assume.
Aug 23, 2017 9:14 PM

Oct 2008
a nice Laundromat episode...
4/5.

Aug 24, 2017 6:00 AM

May 2017
Chise still the best girl so far
LairucremAug 24, 2017 6:03 AM
Aug 24, 2017 12:29 PM

Sep 2015
Somewhat slow episode and the first one that felt like filler to me.
Aug 25, 2017 7:23 AM

Feb 2017
The machine on which the two girls broke the handle (that squeezed the water out of shirts) is called a "Mangle". It was notorious for ruining shirts, which lead to the modern use of the verb "to mangle".

So I guess you could call these tow a couple of manglers.
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Aug 26, 2017 1:50 PM

Jun 2013
I swear i fall more and more in love with this every episode!
Aug 26, 2017 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
Filler? Not sure if there was a point to having this episode. To show off Ange's "attitude"?
Aug 27, 2017 2:53 AM
Mar 2016
Top_Sergeant said:
Atavistic said:

Those old-time irons were solid iron, nothing at all like today's electric irons. The plate was likely an inch thick, enough to deflect an unjacketed pistol bullet.
I didn't know that the old-time irons were solid. But it's obvious that it's heavy because of how Chise held the iron. If it's heavy, then it's pretty solid. I think it's fine to assume that a heavy metal can deflect a bullet.
Swim_Swim said:

Still the worst one the princess buying laundry, and letting the girl go who saw everything, cover blown twice
I also thought that. Why wouldn't anybody wonder about where the Princess get the money? If she has money, why is she working in an assumed low-paying job? It's fine if the former owner and the debt collector ask those questions and just not answer because Ange will just use violence to silence their criticism. But what about the employees? Princess should have made an excuse like "this is my savings to be used for whatever".
Also, they should have inserted a scene where they spied the girl who saw everything and observe her movements if she will do things that can negatively affect the mission. And then when they concluded that she will not, then the scene where the Princess give up the mill should then be shown.
Cielli said:
Okouchi gone bonkers with the writing again, 'nuff said.
This.
crx07Aug 27, 2017 2:56 AM
Aug 29, 2017 1:40 AM

Dec 2015
Between the princess being rich out of nowhere despite working at a mill and Dorothy not being the least worried that the deb guy could recognize her in the next case (working with her father), I suppose they make sure to have a serious tone enveloping incredibly comical/stupid/ridiculous events.

2/5
Aug 29, 2017 7:49 PM

Jan 2010
Gosh, all the girls at the Mill were so cute. I wish them all imaginary luck and hope they're doing okay.
Aug 30, 2017 6:42 AM

Mar 2009
I liked the leader girl at the Mill. She was cute. And her short relationship with Chise was endearing.
Sep 3, 2017 1:20 AM

Jan 2016
TheGreatMizuti said:
chaosprophet said:

The killer was a Kingdom soldier killing Commonwealth supporters inside the Kingdom. As Beatrice mention on episode 3, the Kingdom's police is under the Duke of Normandy so they can't rely on them. While it didn't seem like the Duke was backing the guy up, chances are he was at least ordered the police to overlook him like not making a real effort to capture the guy.

Apparently on a radio show the staff answered that they didn't need to hide the Princess face because while most people who received full education knows her, those in the laundry didn't receive sufficient education, had a low literacy rate to read newspapers so they wouldn't recognize her.

Okay, I was mistaken on the police point, but you don't need to be literate or educated to recognise a face. Even if some of the girls couldn't read, they can still recognise her from photographs, and considering she's a princess, there's bound to be a lot of them.

It would be also impossible for them to just point out that a princess who will soon rule a nation would be in a laundry mill..Even if they tell the people no one will believe them. So my guess is that they either haven't seen the princess or they just thought it's just a look-a-like.
Sep 7, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
After the past couple of episodes, this was a nice change of pace. Really sweet and heartwarming to watch the laundry mill get on its feet. At one point, I forgot about their spy work and thought it'd be nice if things kept going like this.
Sep 16, 2017 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
Wow. I didn't expect the much lighter tone.
Love how this anime doesn't take itself too seriously.
Sep 16, 2017 3:32 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was so lovely and cute and fun <3

Loved this so much.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Sep 18, 2017 1:13 PM

Jul 2009
Princess did a nice thing to the laundry girls! It was a nice episode.
Sep 19, 2017 11:30 PM

Jan 2013
Surprisingly wholesome. I didn't expect that from this show.
Oct 7, 2017 1:47 AM

Jun 2014
Such a great heartwarming episode!
:3
Oct 9, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder what job that one girl that was always sitting and eating was supposed to be doing?

Thanks to turning the laundry mill into a profitable operation, the princess also has a source of income independent from the royalty, which could be useful in the future.
Oct 15, 2017 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
I'm happy that no one has done any harm, but this episode takes a bit of noir to the atmosphere, but it's nice to see Chise with a different attitude than usual, she's always so serious and rational. They were nice washerwomen, who knows if we will review again, after all, have had them as much of the characterization that served them to stand out from the high secondary characters.
Oct 23, 2017 4:08 PM

Sep 2011
This kind of felt like a filler... Nothing major happened, no backstories revealed, no real development apart from Princess trying to help the girls with their mission and improving the lives of everyone at the laundry :/
It wasn't bad, it was just lackluster. It's also funny since the only reason their plan succeeded was thanks to the other soldier who sent the bad guy's clothes in...
I'm curious why they infiltrate the Tower of London at the end though. Hope it will be revealed next episode.
RazielZeroOct 23, 2017 4:12 PM
Nov 21, 2017 10:03 AM

Oct 2012
This episode was borderline stupid - everything was fine as slice-of-life but when you are thinking of logic this series really makes no sense. Who the hell came out with such stupid plan to find the culprit?

Also, they are actually acting the exact opposite of spies, they bring so much attention to them, everyone would remember them. Not mentioning the fact that the princess still acts as princess while in disguise (and even Beatrice was still calling her hime), not mentioning the fact that they were really suspicious in the laundry and noone asked (again) but BUYING the whole place out? Like WHAT, are they real? How can they even act as lowly girl in disguise when one of them has the sum that probably the only girl in the city has? Yet noone makes the connection, noone questioned where she got it and who she is?
This was really utterly dumb and I have the feeling the creators have us for idiots.

Everything is just so happy-go-lucky cause it works somehow, *sigh*. If they didn't try to put some serious themes in there then maybe but this was just ridiculous.
Dec 9, 2017 6:52 AM

Jan 2011
Espionage 101: Using an "Undercover Alias"

At least that's how I want to interpret this scene. I thought Ange was upset because it's as if they're not even trying to come up with a better alias/name for cover LOL

I'm a couple months late in but OMG this anime is golden @.@

Only thing that bothers me is the name references from other anime like Cross Ange & Mahoutsukai no Yome xD
AnimeMangaGamer-Dec 9, 2017 7:05 AM
Jan 21, 2018 5:47 AM

Mar 2015
Things can indeed get really confusing if you aren't paying attention to the case numbers!

Nice episode, we seem to be moving on from backstories.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 1, 2018 3:57 PM

May 2012
Damn that ending really got to me :/ Still a fantastic episode!
Sep 16, 2018 10:07 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Very nice steam punk art and an easy going story this episode. I did like the sign that said "respect your washing machine". I shall do that from now on.
Nov 22, 2018 10:07 AM

May 2018
lmao Ange's acting was very funny xD
I really enjoyed this episode. 5/5
Mar 21, 2019 7:35 PM

Feb 2012
Chise is holding in there as my favourite character. When she puts on the Hachimaki and teaches the laundry mill employees a work song. Also gets character development when learning that while putting a lot of effort into one's job is good, try not to push oneself so hard that one gets injured.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 3, 2019 8:00 PM

Jun 2014
The Princess really turned that laundromat around.

Nice to see an episode with a more lighthearted ending.

Jul 25, 2019 10:09 PM

Aug 2017
Ange's cover as a delinquent was hilarious lol.

Still this episode have many thing that make no sense...Why does nobody recognise the Princess? and wtf the whole buying stuff.

At least we got a happy ending.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 24, 2020 7:39 AM

Aug 2007
I liked this episode. not only accomplished their mission. They helped thos girls to survive and keep their jobs.
Sep 6, 2020 1:25 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, this episode was sad for Dorothy/Daisy. ;-;
Oct 15, 2020 1:19 AM

Nov 2017
Depressing episode, very touching. Poor pa-pa. The song at the end was nice.
Dec 26, 2020 6:43 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode. I liked the hints of worldbuilding in this episode by focusing more on the industrial work places like in this case, laundry mills and furthermore just show how women there were working for a living and how much of a struggle it was, especially with corrupt people at the top of the helm trying to force debt to be paid no matter what despite the lack of quality equipment and environment to get work done. It was a nice gesture though seeing the girls not only focus on their mission but also help the laundry mill at the same time with clearing debt, having new machines, and helping them gain exposure and more revenue for more chances of long-term survival. It was all in the sake of the mission of finding out who used nerve gas for assassinations, but it still is a lovely sight to see. Wouldn't call this the most important episode (hell like the previous episode, the actual mission feels too much in the background while the girls focused a lot more on fixing the workplace as the priority focus) or the most intense one but definitely a feels good episode that feels rare in a sense for a show like this, especially for shows where its cute girls doing spy things.
May 31, 2021 12:31 AM

Dec 2020
this was really cute oh my god, nice ending too
Jul 3, 2021 1:53 AM

Feb 2020
This was a lighthearted and relaxing episode. The whole laundry crew was so adorable. ^^

SerafosJan 11, 1:13 AM
Aug 30, 2021 1:51 PM

Jul 2017
OHH the laundry mill episode! Yes I remember this episode where the Principal spy team disguised being cleaners for undercover covert operations for this mission, this episode is such a stark contrast to the earlier episodes.

These girls are too lax on this job, but this job has a lot of red flags going for it until they have enough resources to fund it and fix the problems on their own to create the perfect assembly line in the mill.

Sadly for the Principal spy team, they don't have much time, and they found their target quickly to evade their presence. A happy ending for the laundry mill girls.
Aug 31, 2021 4:54 AM

Jun 2016
Talk about a bizarre concept for an episode, although it made for decent cover given the age of the workers. This ep, compared to the previous 6 eps, feels out of place to me. Maybe cause there really wasn't any spy stuff done in the ep.

If anything, this episode gives some character development to Chise, which is very much appreciated.

Apr 24, 2022 12:58 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Delinquent Ange immediately made me picture Ryuko from kill la kill

While it's not a hard-hitting episode like the last two, this one did leave me with a sense of emptiness. It feels like we were working at that laundry mill for an entire season, and now we had to say goodbye. *sniff*

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Aug 9, 2022 9:24 PM

May 2012
what an ending...
Dec 24, 2022 5:23 PM

Dec 2022
That was a nice, enjoyable somewhat-filler episode. Maybe a little too-light-hearted considering the last episode, as well as being an odd-time to put an episode not-pushing the story. If anything, that concerns me a little. How little has been put into the main story. I feel like we got somewhere last time with Dorothy's-dad's-killer, too.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

132 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

205 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

117 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 11:43 AM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

141 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.